Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
::Review:: Too Faced Eyeshadow Duo (George and Weezie)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone!!

I just wanted to let you know of a great find!

I picked up Too Faced's shadow duo in George and Weezie. WOW!!! One side is a very light mettalic gold, the other is a verrry rich mettalic bronze. The colors don't look that extraordinary in the pot, they look like a run of the mill white-gold and bronze......but HOLY COW! The gold is great as a highlighter in the corner of your lower lid, and the bronze is such a deep and colorful bronze, it blows any other away!

I have green eyes, but kind of a "pea" green. I love them because they are different, but always wished there was something out there to "brighten" them up. This shadow duo turned my eyes into a sparkling green, almost with a little of gold in them. I have gotten 8 compliments on them since this morning, and every one says how much they love my eyes. Not the eyeshadow, but my EYES!!! I am soooo giddy. The colors are very blendable and can go from subtle to dramatic. I'm wearing it as I type and I'm at work.

I can't say enough about this. I definatley would try it if you have golden brown or green eyes. I think even hazel eyes could benefit.

It's $17 in Sephora!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
TooFaced is my favorite makeup brand! I'm going to review the bronzer and I will take a look at this eye shadow as soon as I have time to hit the shops!!!!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have the "Ooh and Ahh" one...silver and black.
I use it all the time when I go out to make the most killer smokey eye!!!!

I love Too Faced!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
TooFaced is my favorite makeup brand! I'm going to review the bronzer and I will take a look at this eye shadow as soon as I have time to hit the shops!!!!

Like I said though, it doesn't look "wow" at all in the pan. Try some on the back of your hand for the "WOW" effect! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I totally have "throwup green" eyes!! I so want to try it! Now I just got to get to a Sephora...
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:43 am      Reply with quote
I had always overlooked Too Faced makeup. It's almost unheard of where I live. Then I saw it on EDS and thought since it's so cheap, I'd give it a try. I ended up getting it in Fantasy Island as I already had so many neutrals and nudes at the time. The colors didn't turn out anything like on screen swatches. They seem to me more like lime greenish yellow and teal. I wasn't impressed with the colors at all when I first saw them, but thought what the heck I'd try them on. I then went to work with the eyeshadows on and I got so many compliments! I have dark brown (Asian) eyes, but the combination really brighten up my eyes and face a lot. Even my boyfriend who doesn't like bright colored eyeshadows (anything but neutrals and black) complimented on it. Man, and I was afraid I would look like a parrot! The texture of the eyeshadows are quite smooth although I wouldn't say they're as good as Bobbi Brown, Julie Hewett or MAC. But it's definitely a worthy purchase for fun colors for me. I've been eyeing Ooh and Aah. I think they'll look nice on a night out. I just keep forgetting to add it to my cart every time I order something from EDS!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:58 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
I had always overlooked Too Faced makeup. It's almost unheard of where I live. Then I saw it on EDS and thought since it's so cheap, I'd give it a try. I ended up getting it in Fantasy Island as I already had so many neutrals and nudes at the time. The colors didn't turn out anything like on screen swatches. They seem to me more like lime greenish yellow and teal. I wasn't impressed with the colors at all when I first saw them, but thought what the heck I'd try them on. I then went to work with the eyeshadows on and I got so many compliments! I have dark brown (Asian) eyes, but the combination really brighten up my eyes and face a lot. Even my boyfriend who doesn't like bright colored eyeshadows (anything but neutrals and black) complimented on it. Man, and I was afraid I would look like a parrot! The texture of the eyeshadows are quite smooth although I wouldn't say they're as good as Bobbi Brown, Julie Hewett or MAC. But it's definitely a worthy purchase for fun colors for me. I've been eyeing Ooh and Aah. I think they'll look nice on a night out. I just keep forgetting to add it to my cart every time I order something from EDS!

I had ordered three a few days before...one of them is "Fantasy Island" and another called"sweet..." in Spalook. And then I was so sad when I see EDS has the kits of TF e/s. Too much cheaper than I had ordered. I am now thinking if I should return them and re-order here.
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
world~of~mirth wrote:
I totally have "throwup green" eyes!! I so want to try it! Now I just got to get to a Sephora...

That's hilarious! That's exactly what I usually use to describe my eyecolor. I used to say "puke green"! Razz If you have eyes like mine, I think this will be a winner for you! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I say "throwup green" because a guy once described my eyes as that color... needless to say I will never forget him Exclamation
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |