Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Does anyone still use The Body Shop anymore?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:11 am      Reply with quote
I haven't heard anything about The Body Shop and I remember it was all the rage in 80's- I guess there are better products out now but wondering if anyone uses the products because I do see alot of The Body Shop franchises.

Cheers!
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:44 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I like hemp hand cream ~
Carzie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:04 am      Reply with quote
I still use their shower gel and body lotion.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:07 am      Reply with quote
I used to love their Oceanus and Vanilla shower gels, but they started aggravating my eczema, so I stopped using them. I still quite like their peppermint foot soak after a long day shopping or running errand.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:16 am      Reply with quote
All I get from The Body Shop are their EOs and Fragrance Oils.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:46 am      Reply with quote
I loved the Hemp lip conditioner (the one in the tube) and used up many of them. Since we have no stores around here, I stopped using it since it seemed silly to order just one product. Since that time, I discovered Badger lip balms (in the tins), and these work just as well for me. I haven't had Body Shop products in many years.

Tina
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:32 am      Reply with quote
I like the body butters, particularly the brazil nut. I was also really impressed with their monoi miracle oil, basically the BS version of the Elemis Monoi Oil, but 1/3 of the price. I did a review on it a while back. I think the BS have recently re-vamped their make up range too, but I haven't actually tried anything (yet)!
T-Marie
5% products discount

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:15 am      Reply with quote
I love the hemp hand cream and the lip balm as well. I also use the fragrance oils to make my house smell good. I will repurchase the hand cream when I get to the mall.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for the BS brazil nut body butter. I live in Canada with central heating all winter and the air gets very dry. This is the only product I've found that keeps my elbows, knees and feet soft all winter.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I used to love The Body Shop when I was younger but they had an image overhaul and now I just think it's over priced.....same prices as Neal's Yard!!
I do like some of the soaps but only buy them when they are reduced.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Nope not anymore - they stopped making all my favourites (Japanese Washing Grains, Pineapple facial wash, Carrot Moisturiser - used this a lot in my teens as it calmed and healed any spots but didn't dry my skin out, and the Milk powder bath.)

Occasionally pop in to see that they have but have been thoroughly underwhelmed for what you get for the prices these days - plus the ingredients list for a range that always markets its natural ingredients leaves a lot to be desired IMHO. I went off it when it got sold to Estee Lauder and they gave it all a 'face lift'. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Body shop has great blushes and lipcolors! esp if you get them on sale!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Used to 10 years ago: Body washes (there was an awesome rose one that they discontinued, brushes and I even bought make-up from there. Now I have an allergic reaction to it whenever I walk in. I think that the quality has gone down and find the scents unbearable.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Their new spa wisdom set is great - especially love the smell and texture of the on a high hydrating puree Smile Love their essential oils too, one of the few places I'm feel safe about getting pure essential oils from haha Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm using their hemp hand cream, hemp lip balm, and big cocoa butter stick I got for $1 on sale.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Nope and not for years. Nasty chemically shampoos and body washes and the 'natural' products are way overpriced and I don't think they are as 'fair trade' as they make out.

Plus it's now owned by L'oreal for goodness sake!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I used to love The Body Shop when I was younger but they had an image overhaul and now I just think it's over priced.....same prices as Neal's Yard!!
I do like some of the soaps but only buy them when they are reduced.

Shock Shock Shock Is this true? I always believe that Neal's Yard is far more expensive than TBS
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I used the B.S. Orchid Milk Face Cleanser for

years because it did its job without drying

out my skin. It was discontinued when B.S.

was taken over by l'Oreal. I'm still looking

for something as good.

I'll never forgive l'Oreal. Sad
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
I used the B.S. Orchid Milk Face Cleanser for

years because it did its job without drying

out my skin. It was discontinued when B.S.

was taken over by l'Oreal. I'm still looking

for something as good.

I'll never forgive l'Oreal. Sad

Oh no....I had no idea that TBS was tanken over by L'Oreal...I am supposed to work for L'Oreal after I graduate.
I just couldn't forgive it for the rise of Kiehl's price.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Body Shop has changed. Every product I used was discontinued. They did bring back the Ginger Shampoo I sometimes use. Some products smell cheap but cost a lot!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Peppermint foot lotion.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I still remember my first perfume was from The Body Shop! Those soaps in a bubble for the tub and beer shampoo Smile That was in my teens... guess I've moved on. Anyway, their shower gels smell delicious but it did cause a little allergy ... too strong fragrance?
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
You have to try the vanilla eau de toilette. It's the only perfume I wear and I get so many compliments on it. It's not expensive and it lasts a long time.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
You have to try the vanilla eau de toilette. It's the only perfume I wear and I get so many compliments on it. It's not expensive and it lasts a long time.

Me too. I get a new bottle almost every year. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I still use the Blue Corn Mask. I agree that the quality has gone down.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |