Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

When to use Life Defense or Anti Aging Products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nicole

Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am a Chinese living in tropical weather, so I get sun and rain all year round. I am 33, with two "age spot" near each side of my eyes.
and some discolorations on check. So I started to use Sothys Retinol 15 Night Cream and Noctuelle Night Cream two months ago. The "healing" process is very slow. During day time, I also use Cellex-C sun care spf 30, and Sothy Day cream. Is there anything else I can do to improve my skin?

Also, I would like to know when to start using
Life Defense or Anti Aging Products?
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I couldnt tell you when to start using anti-ageing products, but I started using them about a year ago and I'm 38. I started to see fine lines around my eyes and my skin didnt feel as elastic as it should. I felt it was also very dry and looked a bit grey. I started off with Decleor Aromessance Iris oil and Vitaroma total lift, also the vitaroma eye and lip cream. It transformed the look of my skin also the moisture was better and some fine lines are now almost non existant....

Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Nicole,

I would suggest starting to use a vitamin C serum actually. It should help fade any discoloration and will also help protect your skin from further sun damage.

I think the "when" in terms of anti-aging products is really dependent on your own assessment on your skin's condition and how quickly it's changing. There's also the question of what are anti-aging products anyway - which fall into this category and which don't. Vit C serums are anti-aging in my book and I've been using them (on and off) for about 2 years. I'm 27. My view of the situation is that unless we're taking about strong ingredients (for me that would be RetinA for example) then the earlier you start the better. I'm sure there are some that would disagree though.

Mabsy
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy:
You have pointed out a real concern about using anti-aging products!!

I used to hestitate about using products that say "anti-aging" coz I worried if they were too strong that would actually weaken my skin for some reason. Reading this forum is of great help, when you know the ingredients and their functions more, you will come to start choosing products by knowing/analysing their ingredients but not the "category" of the products like "anti-aging" products.

So, I agree with Mabsy that what products to choose is really dependent on your skin condition, I also heard some ppl said "anti-aging" is indeed "prevention" and they said it's never too early to prevent, but you have to know the right way Wink
Mabsy

Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bbiz,

I was the same way but, exactly as you said, I started reading more about the ingredients and decided for myself which seemed like ones that would be too strong and which seemed like a good idea. Likewise, I think anti-aging means just that "use before your skin ages - to slow down the process" Laughing However in that anti-aging range there is a spectrum of products that vary in strength and function - so it's always good to have a forum like this one and have heaps of people to share their experiences and also share their knowledge Very Happy

Mabsy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I'm with gucci, I'm 39 now and started to really get serious about my face a couple of years ago now, which is approximately when it started to fall of my face! It's only in the last year that I've really started a real onslaught against aging skin and have begun to use really top-end products. Personally I blame you lot for making my purse lighter Laughing
It is very confusing about all the anti-aging stuff tho. I agree that vit C serums are probably ok at any age, but personally I'd avoid retinol type things till in late 30s to eary 40s

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:39 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
I'm with gucci, I'm 39 now and started to really get serious about my face a couple of years ago now, which is approximately when it started to fall of my face! It's only in the last year that I've really started a real onslaught against aging skin and have begun to use really top-end products. Personally I blame you lot for making my purse lighter Laughing
It is very confusing about all the anti-aging stuff tho. I agree that vit C serums are probably ok at any age, but personally I'd avoid retinol type things till in late 30s to eary 40s

Guapagirl, Laughing You summed it up great! Are vit C serums good??...never used one. I just normally alternate between decleor vitaroma and Gatineau meta whatsist called anti-aging!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:17 am      Reply with quote
oh yeah! the vit C serum is defo now on my essential list! I'm currently using skinceuticles 20% but I have ordered cellularskin's 12.5% on betterat40's recommendation for my daughter to try (a few people have said that it's good for mild acne). I have really seen an improvement in the texture and tone of my skin and I also really think that if I hadn't been using it my skin would be a lot worse of following my foray into other high % preps! In short I'd absolutely recommend it!
Liz x

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for this, I think Vit c serum is definately my next item to buy....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

I'm 50 years old so may I offer a little advice just from the wisdom of experience? (yes, I'm joking about that Laughing )

Do not think in terms of "anti-aging" for that is a two word phrase thought up by some advertising genius who thought that since this society is so youth worshiping any product reap billions of dollars for advertisers and manufacturers alike (and it sure has!) Do you now see in stores "anti-aging toothpaste" "anti-aging hand cream" "anti-aging lipstick" and it just goes on forever and ever.

Just buy products that fits the needs of your skin. Yes, do look at the ingredients and get to know what products are good for the skin and what isn't. For example, I feel products like Dr. Hauschka that are pure, organically grown botanicals without additives or chemicals are the best for the skin in the long run. I have researched and learned that "Rose" is one of the most "anti-aging" (I really hate that word and here I am using it myself) of botanicals. Buy products that you feel are nourishing to the face and forget "ant-aging." That's all I do.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |