Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Multible skin problems.Suggestions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ragnarok

Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:09 am      Reply with quote
here it goes.I am a guy and I have various skin problems due to bad weather conditions, dryness, acne and dirt my skin has suffered in the past.
My skin appears less smoother and collagen seems to have been reduced under my skin.Also the skin under my eyes appear thinner and dark.Not bags though.
I ve tried various moisturizers,cremes and currently using a serum with vitamin C but with almost non existent results.Also I am using a Gly Derm Lotion with Glycolic acids but I get the impression that it reduces my skin's thickness.

What do you think are the best products for enhancing collagen under the skin?

I d really appreciate your advice
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
First, is your C product l-ascorbic acid and stable? If it is not, then it will not give you the benefits of a C serum which include boosting collagen synthesis, firming,toning and retexturizing your skin. Check your ingredient list for concentration of C and what form it is in. L-Ascorbic acid is best and at least 10-15% concentration is needed to see results. (Which can take at least six weeks to show up sometimes...)

I think the Glyderm sounds like an excellent idea. It should be taking off the old layers and thus giving your skin a nice, smooth brightened look. Are you not seeing that? Perhaps you might need a stronger than 10% solution?
Ragnarok

Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.sesderma.com/vademecum/english/370668.htm

Thats the serum I am using.It sais that it enhances collagen.But I see no difference.My skin appears slightly smoother but not anything remarkable.The difference is almost non existent Confused
I ve been using it for a few moths so far

The Gly Derm lotion I am using sais only lotion.It's probably weaker than the 10%.But thats what the one my dermatologist suggested.
I am not sure if I should use a stronger lotion since I am not sure if its doing me any good.
Sad
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that's an interesting product - dropping the powder into the solution...It should be stable and it does say l-ascorbic acid...the only question is then what is the concentration of the resulting serum? If it is less than 10%, it may not be enough to really make much difference in your skin. Also, are you sure that the mechanism works properly so that enough powder is being released to make a good serum? Sometimes technology is not such a good thing, eh?

Maybe it's time to bring out the big guns and go for a Retin-A prescription. The combo of Retin-A and C was the "magic bullet" for my skin, in terms of improving what it looked and felt like...
Ragnarok

Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Retin-A?Whats that?Can you give me a link or more information on it? Smile

The package sais it has 10% of Vitamin C.I believe tha mechanism works well.The powder is contained on a capsule attached on the bottle.All you have to do is press it and the powder is released into the bottle.vitamin C container is completely empty after that which means the whole powder was released in the bottle.

Probably something else is affecting my skin I still havent noticed that nullifies the expected results of the serum Crying or Very sad
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Retin-A is retinoic acid. It comes in different forms and concentrations. It has been around for about 20 years now. It helps cell turnover so that fresher skin is presented and also helps to thicken the skin and is used to control acne. There's tons of info on it. Just do a search on retinoic acid or simply put in Retin-A...
Ragnarok

Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I did some google search.Heh.I got kind of lost.
I mostly found descriptions of the Retinoic acid proberties and side effects that make me worry. Sad
Also a few sites with retinol products but they confuse me Confused
What was exactly the product you used and did it have any side effects?
Also I cant order from the internet since I dont have a credit card. Sad
What do you suggest that I might find directly in a Pharmacy or a shop with skin care products?
Sorry if I am becoming a little annoying with so many questions but I am kind of lost and desperate
I ve been trying many products for more than a year without any satisfactory results and its keeping my spirit down Crying or Very sad
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:06 am      Reply with quote
have you tried exfoliating products? Don't get too down about it anyway as lots of women (me included!) are suspicious of men with perfect skin. Speaking entirely personally, I like character in a man's face, and I don't care if it comes via acne, being weatherbeaten or whatever. stop flaking with exfoliation and moisturising, use a sunscreen and remind yourself that harvey keitel, willem defoe and ray liotta are sex gods Very Happy

Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Being satisfied with your skin's complexion, thickness and face's shape and a few months later you watch yourself in the mirror and wonder if you are looking at the same person really annoys.Its not just a few scars.My skin after that didnt feel healthy either and the weather conditions and some kind of dermatites made things worse.Then acne appeared to a worst degree that I have never suffered before in my life.Many products to counter these things were also very unhealthy for my skin.I was in the army too.In my country when we reach 17-18 we are forced to spend 2 years in the army.And the training, dirt etc were against my skin.

My skin for some reason has lost some collagen after that.My cheeks are thinner, the skin under my eyes is thinner, the skin around the area of the mouth is thinner and thus the scars etc are more noticable Sad
I had nice manly characteristics anyways and not the feminine looking type that make others suspicious because of the smooth skin. Razz

Atleast something that will help my skin gain its original thickness will make me happy
Mabsy

Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Vitamin C is supposed to be good for collagen production. I would suggest a vitamin C serum, e.g. Skinceuticals Serum 10 or something along those lines.

You might also like to investigate products with Copper Peptides. I can't remember exactly how they work but I do remember something about them increasing fat layers under the skin (or something along those lines).

HTH
Mabsy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm actually impressed a guy is concerned about his skin!

I second the vit.c and some kind of exfoliant either something like glycol or even the good ole fashioned scrubs.

One thing that can help your skin is varied healthy diet with plenty of water. Oily fish is supposed to perk up your skin if you fancy that route (also good for your heart not so good for the fish though Very Happy )

Quick question, have you lost weight recently?
Ragnarok

Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy I ll check it out.

Eve: Heh.The "society" of men is strange isnt it?If you take care of yourself they will start laughing at you, or even call you certain "adjectives" Razz
Screw them.I hate taboos.The whole body must be healthy anyways.Why set limitations?And why should only men expect from women to take care of theirselves?

Anyways.The answer to the question now.I gained and lost the same amaount.A few months after I joined the army I gained 5kg.Then a few months later I lost them again.But the problems were visible even when I was 5 kg more.

edit:Forgot to mention.When my skin suffered from some form of dermatites (atleast thats what I was told.My skin was itchy and I got big dry chunks of skin in my nails when I scratched my face) I was given an ointment to use on my face.There was a certain notice written on it that said it had less side effects than other ointments for the same purpose like making the skin thinner.The thing although "healed" my skin the layer was left with pores and small scars and my skin didnt look healthy at all.
Mabsy

Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Ragnarok wrote:
I hate taboos.The whole body must be healthy anyways.Why set limitations?And why should only men expect from women to take care of theirselves?

Well said! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |