Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Whats better Decleor or dermalogica products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi i have had facials and used a few products from these ranges. But i cant decide which skin care range is best for me.
I have very dry skin. No break outs. And my checks go red easily when nervous or after exercise.
Both skin ranges are natural which i like.
I recently had a face map at dermalogica and they prescribed the special cleasing gel, multi active toner and intensive mositure balance.
But after reading reviews on the special cleasing gel on eds, which people stated its not good for dry skin. I am worried.
Now i cant decide if i should buy it or switch to decleor.
Any advice?? i would appreciate it.
thanks
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I have very dry skin too. I love Dr.H Rose Cream in general and Clarins for my skin regime. Recently, I tried Decleor from EDS samples... it's really nice and I love the smell. it works well with my skin...

I think Dermalogica is good in general but I think they are too strong for young skin. Plus, I prefer natural product.

try get samples from Sephora or EDS.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
they are very different types of skincare in my opinion. but i think you should give decleor a try, i'm a diehard dermalogica user, but i find that even their most intensive moisturizers are not too moisturizing for my occassional winter dry skin. i have combo skin and dermalogica is great for it at least for me.
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Dermalogica cleanser with the Decleor oil. I found that this combo works best for me rather than using the complete line.
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks fishzebby, carmenlu, dsq for all your advice. I am going to try the decleor cleanser
and get a few samples from eds. I might mix in the multi active toner from dermalogica. I found that product to be great. Very hydrating.
Thanks again
marcia Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
in decleor, you could mix and match the product lines i.e use the oil for dry skin while the moisturiser can be the normal skin type.
I think Decleor has done wonders for my and my mother's skin.
They do facials and body treatments too (here in the London) and the facials are the best ones because it starts with a back massage! I would highly recommend it.

5% products discount

Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
MarciaNZ, I am having trouble deciding between both those lines as well.

If you could remember to post what you get, and your experiences with the products, I for one would greatly appreciate it.

Good luck!

M

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi MarciaNZ
I prefer the Decleor range, I found Dermalogica too strong.You could always ask EDS for samples of both ranges to try before you buy full sizes. Smile Smile
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I've got a mix of Decleor, Dermalogica, Dr. Hauschka, Ice Elements, Astara, Biologica etc.

I use the Dermalogica Microfoliant and like it. The only way you will know if a product is for you is to try and keep using what you like.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I love Dermalogica. My hubby loves DeCleor. I think it is a personal thing. I find Dermalogica to be more effective. Hubby likes the smell of DeCleor which I find too strong.

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
The best way is to try some sample before you buy the full size.
whitedewy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I like Decleor

never use dermalogica
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I really enjoy using Decleor products. Everything I've used by them has worked for me and not made me break out.

Dermalogica to me is just ok, nothing special.
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:26 am      Reply with quote
spygrrl wrote:
[, I am having trouble deciding between both those lines as well.

If you could remember to post what you get, and your experiences with the products, I for one would greatly appreciate it.

Good luck!

M

Hi i hope to get some samples soon. But i think i am heading towards the decleor products. I have had a facial done in both products. And like the decleor products. Plus the back massage is very relaxing - Vidisha Lala likes the massage too.
Last time it took EDS ages to ship products to nz, but will do a review as soon as i have trialed the products for a few weeks.
Hope your not in a rush.
Marcia

p.s thanks everyone for the advice.
Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've been just trying Decleor since a couple of weeks ago, it's on the way to see the result, but so far the feeling is good bcs I love more natural product.

Dermalogica once tempted me to try, but somehow I didn't. And heard this brand is with chemical composition mostly and quite costly. So I'm not interested for the moment.
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily skin but prefer Decleor.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I mix and match many different brands of products but between these two I have to pick Decleor.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I received my decleor products on monday and straight way it has made my face feel softer and more hydrated. I have very dry skin. I got the cleansing milk, Aromessence Angelique oil and a 15ml Angelique Balm (night), Nutri-Delice Delightful Extreme Protection Cream (day). I forgot to order the toner thats on my next order.
I have only had the products for alittle while but my mind is made up this range is far better than dermalogica.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I love dermalogica, but I don't think it's any good for dry skin. They really cater to combo skin. That said, every line has its stars, and the microfoliant is awesome for clearing out pores.
I would love to try decleor but my skin seems to hate essential oils.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I was really happy to come across this topic, and read all of the comments...especially because I placed an order yesterday that contained my first Decleor products.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
My favorite Dermalogical product is the multi-vitamin mask, really nice. I'm also thinking to buy a salon sized one.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I use Dermalogica and Decleor both.Each brand has diffrent special feature.So I recommend
various items to your daily skin situation. Wink
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
MarciaNZ,from your description your skin is sensitive,I recommend you try the Decleor Harmonie Gentle Soothing Cream,now there is specical set at EDS. Smile
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'd say Decleor. Dermalogica products make me itch and breakout.
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've got a mixture of Decleor and Dermatologica...

In my opinion, Decleor is aromatherapy (essential oils) based, I like it when my skin needs breathing. Dermatologica has great cleansing stuff (daily microfoliant really cleans) and masks but I think the smells is rather plastic to me, not very natural.

So it really depends on what occasion you need them for, whether you need a good clean out with Dermatologica or you want to have a relaxing evening mask with Decleor...

HTH Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |