Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Question: How to control appetite?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I just kept eating my big toast from I got up and had eaten up one pound of that. Now I really feel a bit uncomfortable in the stomach, maybe gastrectasia. Sad Sad Sad

I think it's really a big problem for me. I have too good an appetite, in fact, whenever I had something by hand, especially bread or cake or the like, I would eaten them up. And if nothing by hand, I would kept thinking go and get some. Sad Sad Sad Gluttony...err

I really know it's too bad. But just found difficult to control. hmm Anyone has good suggestions? Or I think I should go to see a doctor Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Are you craving for Carb food only such as bread, chips, etc? Or you have appetite for everything?

I am carb fan too..

Couple things you can try:
- Start eating full meals with lots of lean meat + vegetable. That will make you full and satisfied. Thus, you can avoid junk...
- Drink more fluid, water, juice, smoothie so you always feel full ...
- Eat alot till you are bored to it...

story behind:
I used to eat sandwich for two years during college year. I live thrifty by having a loaf of bread of 79 cents and maybe couple sliced of ham 99 cents and cheese costs 1.25 that would last me at least 3 days. It is the cheapest expense back then, but I gained a lot of weight roughly 30 lb.... Now, I hate to even to finish up six inches of subway. But, I still indulge in high quality bread... I am still carb fan but I can control it
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Exercise
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
It's its discomfort that you feel, I've read that it helps to eat til you are "80% full" and then that's it. Of course, consume healthy meals full of good carbs and proteins so that you'll feel full for a longer period of time. Eventually, you'll get used to it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
ignore katee, exercise makes you more hungry. Amphetamine sulphate is waaaay better!

That is a joke btw

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
ImageImageImage

Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
If you crave carbs breads sweets etc you might want to get checked for candida...my mom struggled with that and getting a hold of it early is important.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Grrr, I'm the same way. I love food and can't turn it away if I see a nice spread. If you're doing enough exercise to burn it off or you have a super fast meatbolism then great, you can even things out. If not, good luck to ya. LOL But seriously, just try to control the urges by eating many small meals during the day to curb the cravings and prevent the big binges. And drink lots of water during the day which will help make you feel more full before a meal. It's really helped me out. You'll find that the less you eat, the less you'll begin to crave as your stomach shrinks. The more you feed it, the hungrier it will be so just stay strong! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
Are you craving for Carb food only such as bread, chips, etc? Or you have appetite for everything?

I am carb fan too..

Couple things you can try:
- Start eating full meals with lots of lean meat + vegetable. That will make you full and satisfied. Thus, you can avoid junk...
- Drink more fluid, water, juice, smoothie so you always feel full ...
- Eat alot till you are bored to it...

story behind:
I used to eat sandwich for two years during college year. I live thrifty by having a loaf of bread of 79 cents and maybe couple sliced of ham 99 cents and cheese costs 1.25 that would last me at least 3 days. It is the cheapest expense back then, but I gained a lot of weight roughly 30 lb.... Now, I hate to even to finish up six inches of subway. But, I still indulge in high quality bread... I am still carb fan but I can control it

Errr.....I think I'm not craving for everything. I had full meals but I don't like them very much so I often eat "80%", but then begin to eat more bread until maybe "150%"...
I think drinking is a good way Very Happy
Eat alot till you are bored to it......I think my boreing line is a bit too high Rolling Eyes
Thank you very much for your story~~I am wondering if high quality food would offer more satisfication. Wink
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:46 am      Reply with quote
FrevaKZ wrote:
It's its discomfort that you feel, I've read that it helps to eat til you are "80% full" and then that's it. Of course, consume healthy meals full of good carbs and proteins so that you'll feel full for a longer period of time. Eventually, you'll get used to it.

Yeah~~I am quite aware that "80% full" is best. But problem of mine...just I couldn't stop eating after I'm "150%full"or more.... Crying or Very sad
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Exercise
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad In fact, I'm very lazy><
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
ignore katee, exercise makes you more hungry. Amphetamine sulphate is waaaay better!

That is a joke btw
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Dahli wrote:
If you crave carbs breads sweets etc you might want to get checked for candida...my mom struggled with that and getting a hold of it early is important.

Errr I think I'm a little confused...What's "Candida", means I should eat them to control? Embarassed Embarassed Confused Confused Confused
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
Grrr, I'm the same way. I love food and can't turn it away if I see a nice spread. If you're doing enough exercise to burn it off or you have a super fast meatbolism then great, you can even things out. If not, good luck to ya. LOL But seriously, just try to control the urges by eating many small meals during the day to curb the cravings and prevent the big binges. And drink lots of water during the day which will help make you feel more full before a meal. It's really helped me out. You'll find that the less you eat, the less you'll begin to crave as your stomach shrinks. The more you feed it, the hungrier it will be so just stay strong! Smile

Yes Yes. I think you're right~ There is some time that I just need a little to eat and feel OK. Maybe at that time my stomach was diminished. But when I begins over-eating, it seems I could and have to eat more and more. Sad
I'll try to drink more water to fill my stomach Smile
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Well I've always been told the trick is to eat 5 small meals instead of 3 big meals or to keep in mind the only 2 rule i.e. main + dessert or starter + main or a drink + main... I find the eat 5 small meals work best (when I remember to not inhale a big breakfast that is Mad)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:22 am      Reply with quote
i think eating lots of small meals really helps, i've always been eating various food throughout the day (even at work, i munch on cheese with crackers, dried cranberries, plain biscuits and occassional chocolate treats).

After a while i find my appetite for 'normal' meals decreased significantly, I cant even eat large portions for lunch or dinner anymore and i get full quite easily. It's almost like a matter of getting your body and appetite to get accustomed to it first. And it also stops you from feeling 'I'm REALLY REALLY hungry' and accidentally end up eating loads of junk at once.
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
sparkle wrote:
i think eating lots of small meals really helps, i've always been eating various food throughout the day (even at work, i munch on cheese with crackers, dried cranberries, plain biscuits and occassional chocolate treats).

After a while i find my appetite for 'normal' meals decreased significantly, I cant even eat large portions for lunch or dinner anymore and i get full quite easily. It's almost like a matter of getting your body and appetite to get accustomed to it first. And it also stops you from feeling 'I'm REALLY REALLY hungry' and accidentally end up eating loads of junk at once.

I think I'm just doing this...or sounds very alike.
I didn't have good appetite for "normal" meals, I just craving for Crab food maybe. I kept eating thoughtout the day, didn't stop. I don't feel hungry indeed in most ocations, but this doesn't stop me from eating. The thing it, even the feel of "very full" seems does little help to stop me from eating too.
I think things that I love(and as you mentioned), like chocalate, plain biscuits, dried cranberries may not be so healthy. Instead, what people eat as normal meals would be healthier, at least vegetables are. So I'm always trying to stop eating socks and focus myself on normal meals
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Actually I can't control appetite Confused
But I away take a tea Idea
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
If the problem is that you like to feel really full before you stop maybe that new CM3 supplement will help. It is made of seaweed or something and fills you up. I guess in the way fiber does but this is different somehow. Oz Garcia imports it from Germany. You can find it on his site http://www.ozgarcia.com/detail.aspx?ID=55

I was thinking of trying it myself. If you have Candida you will crave sugars and carbs and you can keep eating it and still not feel satisfied because you are having to satisfy more than your hunger. Plus the more of it you eat the more craving you have for it. I am pretty sure I have a mild form of it. I can't go through a day without some sugar or refined carb. It is hard to get rid of it. I used to have it worse and spent years taking supplements for it but I just could not stick to the diet. You need to kind of starve it out of your body and that means keep the carbs low for a while. I have gotten to the point where I totally lost my desire for flour products and that was great. I lost a lot of weight during that time.
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:26 am      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
If the problem is that you like to feel really full before you stop maybe that new CM3 supplement will help. It is made of seaweed or something and fills you up. I guess in the way fiber does but this is different somehow. Oz Garcia imports it from Germany. You can find it on his site http://www.ozgarcia.com/detail.aspx?ID=55

I was thinking of trying it myself. If you have Candida you will crave sugars and carbs and you can keep eating it and still not feel satisfied because you are having to satisfy more than your hunger. Plus the more of it you eat the more craving you have for it. I am pretty sure I have a mild form of it. I can't go through a day without some sugar or refined carb. It is hard to get rid of it. I used to have it worse and spent years taking supplements for it but I just could not stick to the diet. You need to kind of starve it out of your body and that means keep the carbs low for a while. I have gotten to the point where I totally lost my desire for flour products and that was great. I lost a lot of weight during that time.

Thank you so much~ Err, as you say, I should starve myself from sugar or crabs, maybe means then I would get used to this and finally have a less crave for them. I think this really would work if one can hold oneself and stick to this. I had tried some time as doing this, I eat really little, almost just vegetables and milk. It lasted one month or so. But after that, I began thinking why should I treat myself as this, life is short I should try to satify myself; or maybe having a little sugar or crabs wouldn't do harm. So you know, I began another round of crabs/sugar gluttony again.
However, I'm very interested in CM3 that you suggested, I would go and have a look at it. I cares most if it would do harm to my body.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I don't know anything about the CM3 supplement, so I can comment on whether it's safe or not.

But, if you're really concerned about "harming your body," you really have to stop going from one extreme to the other. There are more alternatives than eating everything in sight on the one hand, and deprivation on the other.

You need to come up with some kind of balanced diet that includes LIMITED quantities of foods that you like.

You mentioned that you're lazy. I'll concede that not everyone is a workout freak and you don't necessarily have to adopt the Navy Seal Workout. But the combination of your diet (which sounds pretty awful) and the fact that you don't exercise is a MAJOR contributor to a feeling of slugishness.

You really need to come up with an overall plan of diet and exercise. You'll most definitely look and feel a whole lot better. Like any change in behavior, it WILL require exercising some discipline in the beginning. But, in general, unless someone suffers from some kind of metabolic disorder, if the plan you settle on is actually right for you, you'll be eating healthy food that you enjoy, you'll look better, and you'll feel better. Sort of makes it easy to stick with it.

Bottom line: there isn't a supplement on earth that will serve as a magic bullet. There are things that can help a little, but solving the problem - not likely!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Ok not to be mean, but is this a real question? Because if it is, you don't need a medical Dr., you truely need a head Dr. If your eating fine, till bread comes along, then you gourge yourself till it hurts, this isn't about lack of vitamins!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I cut out dessert and sugar like that back in January. While I've not been perfect in that area, I can literally count the number of times I've had dessert on one hand since then.

I opt for sugar free stuff when I go out. While I've not cut out sugar completely, it was super hard.
That first week I craved sugar like mad. Even if I choose to break it and have something, the next 24 hours I'll crave it.

My best advice is to cut out what's causing you problems. If I drink too much, I need to cut out alcohol. If I eat way too much chocolate, I need to cut out chocolate. Sometimes cutting it out completely at first is the best thing to do, then try to add a little later on (a month isn't long enough). It's hard, but it might be the only way.

Like Katee said...a pill/supplement isn't going to fix it. It's going to take work on your part...but it will be worth it when you succeed!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
just eat chutty when you want to eat something!
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I saw Dr. Gullo for a while and one of the secrets to his approach is to get the stuff out of the house. I have a hard time with it because I have a kid but if you don't then just make sure the trigger foods are gone. I found it much less tempting to eat this stuff when it was just my husband and I.

I agree that eating until you are overstuffed is more of a psychological issue. It talkes 1/2 hr after you eat anyway to really feel how much you have eaten. You are supposed to eat unit you no longer feel hungry physically and just satisfied. It is not your last meal. This way you actually end up eating more frequently throught the day. Save things for the next meal. Also good idea to eat the carbs earlier in the day.

This is actually why Gullo succeeds because he is more than a diet doctor, he deals with psychological stuff foo. You could be trying to fill yourself with food to compensate for other emptiness. You are not the only one - many of us do this to some extent sometimes.

I think the exercise thing is crucial. It does not have to be sweating bullets on the ground and it can be something you find fun. I love classes and if you see the same people every week it can motivate you to go. Just get moving more and on a regular basis. Also wearing headphones and listening music you love is great. You can do that and go out for a fast walk and not even realize you have been working out. It effects your brain and sense of well being. Then you will feel better about yourself and want to do good things for body and take more control. One thing leads to another. I think the working out is much easier than dieting. Diets usually fail. They really do. It is the whole "don't think about pink elephant" idea. What will you think about? Many people are rebellious and if they are told they "can't have something" they will binge on it. Get out and move that body. Make it short. Just 30 minutes every day or most days ouf of the week. That is so short and getting there and starting is the hardest part. Once you break the initial resitance to start up then it is easy. Think of it as food. Filling you up. It will also speed up your metabolism so whenever you do give yourself a bread or cookie treat it won't show. No one ever said we can't ever have these things again for the rest of our lives. But when things are in more balance you can have it once in a while and that is enough and you don't need to binge on it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |