Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ifeelpretty Pretty Pearlfection Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this new product from Kim / I feel pretty products?
It sounds great, I am thinking of ordering a sample, just wondering if anyone has used it yet??
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I have two samples...haven't used it yet but I'll keep you posted!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Cool, thanks, I got her email yesterday, and asked about the ingredients, it sounds like a great moisturizer for the a.m. I'll be very interested to see what you think. Did you get samples of the pretty pearlfection primer cream as well?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Can you please post the ingredients once you get a reply?

Also PT, if you get a chance to try I'd love to hear a comparison between IFP's and Carekate's.

Thanks!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Here is the ingredient list Kim sent me for the pearl cream:

The ingredients for the pearl moisturizing cream are:
distilled water, pearl powder, jojoba oil,caprylic/capric triglyceride,
calendula flower, chamomile flower, rose flower,
white willow bark, red clover flower, and elder flower extracts, tamarind
seed extract, hydrolyzed oats, hyaluronic acid, iris florentina extract,
raspberry seed, watermelon seed, and seabuckthorn berry oils,
isopropylparaben, isobutylparaben,& butylparaben.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I got it just a couple of days ago, and I tried it twice now.

I think it works great although you have to be very careful to use very little of it b/c it does not easily spread. However I was so impressed b/c I woke up with little deeper nasolabial lines and 11 lines which indicated I didn't get enough sleep (only 5 hours instead of Cool. But after I put this cream on, the lines went away (not right away but a few hours later). I was so impressed that my face looked so good even after I came home from work that I took pictures of it last night, and I plan to take more pics when I finish the sample. If anyone is interested to see them, I can post a couple here. Just let me know. (You might have to PM me since I don't also check all threads for a post directed to me.)
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lydia (SCF), here're a few pics from last night. I am sorry I was not smiling and looking so scary in these pics. I looked like I was on a police line-up or something, but if I smiled then it would not show me how my skin looked with a straight face. I meant to use these pics to compare later how the Pearlfection cream does when I finish the jar. (It's a tiny jar, but I used so little of it each time due to the spreadability issue.)

Here we go (don't be too scared now - Maybe I should rate this post an R, so young children under 18 won't see these pics):

Note: This pic was a bit dark, so I turned my face up toward the light to see better if there are lines, so the next two pics are brighter and my face was turned up toward the ceiling for the light to shine on it.

skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Thank you for doing that! You're face looks lineless! I don't think they are scarey and all. You're very attractive! Thanks again!
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi, ladies!!

It is definitely important to only use a small amount of the creams.

I recommend applying to a slightly damp face - and only using about a half pea-sized amount for the entire face. If you apply the creams with a light hand to a damp face, they glide right over the skin. If you happen to see any 'white dots' or 'globs', just dampen a fingertip with water & lightly rub that area - it will disappear.

Both creams are fairly firm in the jars - and I know it seems like they won't spread well. But just try it with a damp face & you'll see how easily they apply.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM or email me. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip, Kim. Smile Is the rejuvenating serum go on first before the Pearlfection cream?
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
It's really a matter of personal preference. If you choose to use both the pearlfection cream & the rejuvenating serum, it's probably easiest to apply the pearlfection cream first. And I like to use the pearl cream first so it's next to my skin. But whichever way works best for you is fine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Wow! Thank you for doing that! You're face looks lineless! I don't think they are scarey and all. You're very attractive! Thanks again!

Thanks, SCF. You're being kind! I know I looked horrible in those pics. LOL I mean my skin looked great, but as far as attractiveness goes, I would not date me if I were a guy. LOL
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
kim@ifeelpretty wrote:
It's really a matter of personal preference. If you choose to use both the pearlfection cream & the rejuvenating serum, it's probably easiest to apply the pearlfection cream first. And I like to use the pearl cream first so it's next to my skin. But whichever way works best for you is fine.

Thanks, Kim. I have been putting the serum first but very little of it b/c I was afraid I'd be too oily.
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
An alternative would be to use one product in the morning & one in the evening. Or to use the pearlfection cream alone during the day & apply both the pearlfection cream & rejuvenating serum in the evening.

I would just experiment & see what works best for you.

You might even find that you prefer to apply the rejuvenating oil in the morning, let it absorb, then a light dusting of the pearlfection primer powder. In the evening, you could then use the pearlfection cream, followed by the rejuvenating serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Kim, do you mind posting the ingredients for the mattifying version? I'd love to compare with the moisturizing version, not sure which one would be better since I use it both AM and PM.
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
The ingredients for all of the pearlfection products are now listed on the website - I just got them up last night.

The mattifying cream ingredients are: distilled water, calendula, lavender, & raspberry leaf infusions, pearl powder,polysorbate 20, iris florentina extract, watermelon seed, raspberry seed, & cranberry seed oils, hyaluronic acid, tocopherol, tangerine, lavender, & geranium essential oils.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add, I am so loving the Pearl Moisterizing cream. Wink I have only used it a few days so far, so I will need to see how skin is in a week or two, but so far, this is a "must have" for me.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Tangal, I think I am going to have to try a sample of both. I am not sure which I would need, since my skin is sort of combo, but not really oily.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
Just wanted to add, I am so loving the Pearl Moisterizing cream. Wink I have only used it a few days so far, so I will need to see how skin is in a week or two, but so far, this is a "must have" for me.

I'd ordered a sample as well. Yes, please give a us a review when you can. Smile
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
What's the URL for Kim's site, again?

Thanks
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
ww.ifeelprettyproducts.com

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
kim@ifeelpretty wrote:
An alternative would be to use one product in the morning & one in the evening. Or to use the pearlfection cream alone during the day & apply both the pearlfection cream & rejuvenating serum in the evening.

I would just experiment & see what works best for you.

You might even find that you prefer to apply the rejuvenating oil in the morning, let it absorb, then a light dusting of the pearlfection primer powder. In the evening, you could then use the pearlfection cream, followed by the rejuvenating serum.

Hi Kim,
After applying IFP BHA 2% and waiting 30 mins, do I have to wash it off with water?
Thanks,
Cherisse
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I don't wash my BHA off. I just apply my products over top (my next step is IFP antioxidant spray, then CareKate's Pearl Cream).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
After applying IFP BHA 2% and waiting 30 mins, do I have to wash it off with water?

No - for maximum exfoliation benefits, you want to leave the BHA on. But if you need to dampen your face to apply the pearlfection cream, you can just use the IFP facial spritz, the IFP antioxidant mist, or just swipe a damp washcloth (or hand) over your face gently to dampen the skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh I am so tempted by this but just ordered another moisturizer sampler in my quest for the "perfect for me moisturizer". I will need to remember this for the most likely next attempt at a moisturizer.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |