Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Does anyone here use Drysol?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Now that the weather has been warming up, I've been dealing with seriously sweaty armpits, no matter what kind of antiperspirant I use. I decided I'm not going to go though another summer like that, so I got a prescription for Drysol from my dermatologist. I was so excited to use it, and I carefully applied it last night before I went to bed. However, I woke up in the middle of the night to just unbearable itching! I ended up not being able to sleep, so I had to get up and wash the darn stuff off. I really want to make it work for me though--- any feedback or suggestions??

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I use it once a week. If I don't, well, it's unpleasant for others!
And, yes, it can make me itch, and turn my underarms red. Not good. I try to apply VERY sparingly. And usually wake up and wash it off.
Sorry I don't have a better suggestion.
If you don't have a real underarm odor problem, skip it..
hillrunner

Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I tried drysol also and after a couple of nights itched a lot and had a burning sensation so I discontinued use. I heard about CertainDry online and have been using that for close to a year. I've had severe underarm perspiration since I was 13 yrs. old. This is the first product that has worked. I can wear my favorite colored shirts now. Before I would only wear colors that didn't easily show the perspiration. If you use it too often you'll have some mild itching. I use it less than once a week now and use Certain Dry AM every morning. It works!!! You can find it in most drugstores and it's on the shelves.

Good luck!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback ladies! I have another question too--- when you do use drysol, do you apply a normal antiperspirant/deodorant in the morning after you wash the drysol off, ro do you go "bare"?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried CertainDri? It's definitely a much stronger antiperspirant than the normal OTC brands, but maybe a little less brutal on your skin than Drysol.

It can irritate my underarms, but it's usually ok if I only use it 3 or 4 times a week. It really works for me!
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Certain Dry didn't work for me. Glad to hear it worked for others. Hope it works for you! (I guess I have strong sweat glands)
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Thanks for the feedback ladies! I have another question too--- when you do use drysol, do you apply a normal antiperspirant/deodorant in the morning after you wash the drysol off, ro do you go "bare"?

I often go "bare" the next day.
And some things I've read say you should always put your daily anti-p on before you go to bed, not in the morning.
Though I don't do that....
lulabelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Liz!

I have been using drysol on and off for about 4 years now and I have learned a few tricks to help me cut down/deal with the itchies!

make sure you don't shave your underarms the day you put it on.
make sure your armpits are COMPLETELY dry before you apply (I usually wipe them down, and then wait about 15 minutes or so)
when you apply it (I am not sure if you got the "dobber" or those pads) but pat ("dob") the product on... don't rub it in.

and if it starts to get really itchy, I dampen two small towels stick 'em under my arms and go to bed that way!! haha - not the most attractive, but at least I can get to sleep!

HTH!

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:59 am      Reply with quote
hi...i plan on using drysol after all da good reviews...but i wanted to knw does it cause darkenin of the underarms in any case since it is an anti-perspirant.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:01 am      Reply with quote
1992 wrote:
hi...i plan on using drysol after all da good reviews...but i wanted to knw does it cause darkenin of the underarms in any case since it is an anti-perspirant.

Nope, I don't think so. My friend has been using it for a while and I haven't heard any complaining yet. But then again, everyone is different so you'll just have to try it out for yourself!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Drysol (Rx) and CertainDry (OTC) have the same active ingredient the difference is that Drysol has twice of it. Both follow the same application protocol, e.g. apply at night on dry armpits. As lulabelle already pointed out DRY armpits are important for the application.

I had itching only when I over applied Drysol. Try to apply a very small amount of Drysol to avoid itching
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |