Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
hand cream recommendation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm only 27, but I have very very lined palms on my hands. It's really strange, but they have been that way since I was a kid. Even palm readers have commented I'm an "old soul." LOL
Can someone recommend a good hand cream, that will help with lines? can't be too greasy as my hands perspire a lot as it is. Embarassed TIA
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I should add that my hands are not at all dry, just lined. But that's probably assumed as I already mentioned my hands sweat easily.
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi, thoughtcrime:
Two products I would recommend to you!

The first one is the L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter hand cream, and the 2nd one is Jurlique's rose/lavender hand cream. Both are very nice and very moisturizing, also, the moisturizing effect is long lasting. In fact, I like Jurlique brand more b/c of the nice scents (Rose/Lavender), I dont like the smell of L'Occitane at all Wink

I also like the texture of Jurlique more coz it's less thick as compared to L'Occitane, it is non-greasy, it just sinks into my "lines' instantly and pumps them up Surprised L'Occitane is more like a thick cream .. sometimes, I feel that it's difficult to spread all over my hands.
escents
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I would suggest Jergens naturally smooth cream. It firms skin and gives a lot of moisture. You can see results in about 2 days.
Mabsy

Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:02 am      Reply with quote
Jurlique Rose Hand Cream

Hands feel a tad sweaty for the first few minutes but then it all soaks in and hands are nice and soft for hours to come. Plus it smells lovely! Nailtiques also has a good one but I prefer Jurlique. For an unscented one try Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. Really good stuff, unscented and lasts absolute ages (plus it's cheap and you only need a tiny bit).

Mabsy
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:23 am      Reply with quote
L'Occitane shea butter hand cream.....its HEAVEN

The foot cream is fab as well....I actually ran out of the foot cream the other day so I put the hand cream on my feet last night! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
you could try making a scrub of sugar honey and olive oil, just mix in the palm of your hands and massage in. If you want super effect, leave on, put on rubber gloves and do the washing up in hot water. Rinse off with warm water and apply a thick hand cream and massage in again. My hands were all cracked up from mixing cement (don't ask Rolling Eyes ) and it really helped them. You could also buy some cotton gloves, slather your hands in vaseline or whatever and wear them in bed. This works for feet too. Except you need to wear socks not gloves.
Liz x

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
thoughtcrime,
My palms, like yours, tend to be sweaty and I like Decleor's hand cream as it helps to reduce perspiration and appearance of fine lines. I use it quite alot - and I can attest it even works through a full schedule of interviews. Very Happy

I also use a exfoliate/moisturize technique similar to quapagirl's suggestion (I use an exfoliating cream, then slather on an inexpensive facial, moisturizing mask).
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:54 am      Reply with quote
oh my hands are not very smooth tooo, perhaps bony n no flesh Wink
i like L'occitane hand cream and hand scrub. i don't feel too rich, maybe my hands can absorb. the scrub is great to exfoliate the dead cells. Really a good combo!
Jurlique is good too, but some pple may find the smell is too strong. geeee Razz
if you wanna save your pocket, neutrogena or nivea are good choices.

guapagirl: i'd tried wear gloves at sleep but donno why they are off when i wake up in the morning Eh?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Sab, mine never make it through to morning either! Socks always seem to stay on tho; I think guapaboy pulls em off in the night Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:28 am      Reply with quote
glycomed is a really good handcream, and ive seen an ad for a neutrogena handcream thats suppose to reduce aging
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Make a Difference Hand cream, by ORIGINS.
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:23 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl, hahaha just pull the socks only??? Drool But no one pulls mine... don't tell me is..... eeer ghost :-& scary.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have so many hand creams around the house Very Happy But my favs are Jurlique Lavender Hand Cream,
Aesop Resurrection, La Prairie & I actually quite like the Dermalogica Multi-vitamin SPF15 hand cream even though most people don't seem to like it.
phdfordlg
5% products discount

Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, guapagirl for the sugar recipe!

I also have a similar sugar recipe. I use 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar with enough lemon juice to make into a paste. Lemon juice serves 2 purposes - the ascorbic acid helps remove dead skin cells, and also is an antioxidant for the healthy cells below. I then rub my hands together for 10 minutes, then leave the scrub on for another 10 minutes (no gloves, or anything else). Then I rinse and wash with a very mild soap.

My favorite hand lotion is Mane and Tail Hand Lotion for horse handlers. It doesn't smell really great, but for my overworked hands, it soothes and softens them well. I do research in a laboratory, and my hands are in gloves must of the day, and are frequently washed. So, I need a rich, but not greasy hand lotion (it is really hard to put on a pair of tight-fitting nitrile gloves when your hands have remnants of greasy hand lotion!). Also, the Mane and Tail Hand Lotion is quite inexpensive. I buy it at PetsMart or other stores that sell "horse products".
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi I would say Jurlique Rose Hand Cream too. Just love the scent and it is absorbed quickly. Otherwise Crabtree and Evelyn have scrubs and hand cream that work very well too.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:59 am      Reply with quote
we have jurlique rose hand cream and I like to slather it on at night and do the cotton glove thing.

I have to say though that my Body Shop African Spa hand and foot honey butter is just THE BOMB. I really am not "into" Body Shop products but this is my absolute FAVORITE. I bought it on the smell alone, but it is beautiful to massage into the skin, it sinks in and leaves hands and feet lovely and soft.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
thoughtcrime wrote:
Even palm readers have commented I'm an "old soul." LOL

I've been told that by palm readers too!

I have a friend who actually had a mole lasered off the palm of his hand because he claimed the position of it was somehow interfering with his fate. Shock
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Right now I'm using Flawless Hands by Sally Hansen which also has SPF 20.

Why do most hand creams not come with sunscreen? People say that's how you can really tell the age of the person is the hands.

Does anyone else know of other hand creams that have sun protection in them that are good?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
My favorite hand cream to use in the wintertime is called Udderly Smooth. When I worked in an office and was handling paper a lot, my hands and fingertips got very dry and it drove me crazy. I received a sample of this cream and was hooked right away. I guess it was made for preventing chapping of cow's udders but then people started using it too, so now they market it to people.
Anyway, it's funny because the town I just moved to is where the hq for the company are located!
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I am always on the lookout for a good hand cream, and for about a year or so my fave has been from the Body Shop - "Almond Oil Intensive Hand Rescue". I think I may use this stuff forever and ever....It doesn't smell the BEST in the world, but it doesn't smell bad and I just love it so much. I don't mean the stuff in the squeeze bottle (that stuff sucks) but the one in the jar.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Tiger_Tim, Body Shop's Africa Spa Hands & Feet Honey Cream works great and smells heavenly. This is the only hand cream that I had purchased more than once. I normally like to try new hand creams. During winter, I love to put on the Honey Cream, let it absorb abit and put on my gloves and leave it overnight ... and I wake up to softer hands. During summer, I use Crabtree & Evelyn's La Source Hand Therapy as it has a lighter texture, smells great and works well. I am not sure if either one reduces the lines but it sure helped my previously very dry hands.

I also use Crabtree & Evelyn's La Source Hand Recovery (similar to the DIY scrub treatment) which I had recently posted a product review on it.
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Ahava
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
loccitaine!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
-Gold Bond Ultimate Moisturizing Skin Therapy Lotion
-Perlier Hand Creams
-Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |