Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eyeliner - cream, gel or mmu. What's best?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the smashbox cream eyeliner and really like it but am starting to run low. I've thought about buying the mac eyeliner in the pot (gel-like consistency but can't just think of the name) but wanted some opinions re: which people find to be the best. Is mmu any good to line the eye (above the top lash line) with? Or is it too messy? Uglogirl sell a mmu eyeliner sealer, has anyone tried this? I'm planning a shopping trip over the next month or so and am trying to compile a list! TIA!
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I have the Smashbox cream eyeliner, MAC liquid gel, and BB gel. I think BB is the best. It doesn't smudge at all on my oily eyelids!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm partial to eyeliner pencils. I am not very coordinated and this is easiest for me to apply. I just ordered my first JI eyeliner pencil and I hope it works well for me.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Eyeliner pencil is easy to be controled. Liquid eyeliner look nature!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I have the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner and Lancome's fluid eyeliner. I like Bobbi Brown's the best. Both stay on my lids, but I could do more with the gel.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
MMU lose powder eyeliners do not work for me at all. They fall into my eyes and make them really irritated and watery. I would stick with the traditional eyeliners.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing I like gel, especially BB's and MAC's
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I like a pencil for convenience, although the gel liners do seem to stay put longer (I just don't find them as quick and easy). I tried MMU eyeliner, but I agree with the poster above ... too much ended up in my eye and under my eyes (and that was using a wet liner brush). Sad I actually have given up on using loose MMU eyeshadows for that same reason ... too messy, although I LOVE my MMU foundation.
horris
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I use both the pencil and the gel (BB). Pencil when i'm in a rush. but love gel as it's more precise, more natural and staying put for longer...
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Definitely the gel kind (like MAC's Fluidline or Bobbi Brown's). They stay on forever, are deeply pigmented and never flake or fade or smear.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried all of them, and i know you didn't mention this, but i think cake eyeliners are the best. when i am not lazy, i do cake (if i am in a hurry, i will swipe with a pencil), it is like working with water colors. i use chanel's cake eyeliner.

Kristen~

5% products discount

Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Eyeliner is my passion - it has to be because without out I look terrible!

I am a recent convert to gel eyeliners and am really impressed by MAC's Fluidlines. I have one in black (blacktrack) and a mid-brown (dipdown). They stay on all day, even on the waterline, and with the right brush (MAC brush 208 i think) are really easy to apply...

They would be my top tip!!!
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I hadn't even thought about cake eyeliner. Now I'm even more confused! The Mac /BB gel liner seems to be a winner. Is it possible to do that dramatic cats-eye type line above the lashes with this type of liner? It's not something I wear on a day to day basis but I like to play up my eyes when I go out.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried the BE liners and they are nice. I used the one in the black container that held about 4 colors...you mix them with water to apply. They did stay all day and did not smudge but the color seemed a bit washed out for me. I love MAC eye paints as liners....they are fantastic and last all day. I also love MAC carbon eye shadow as my matte black liner.

I also used the smashbox liners and was not a big fan. They took forever to get the color all on (I like a lot of liner) and they smudged on me.
skodalady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have Bobbi Brown powder eyeliner in dark brown. I prefer the powder over eye liner pencils. For me the pencil line would seem to drip after a while in warm weather. I'm very curious to try the gel liner.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I ADORE my MAC Fluidline.

I seriously need to get some other colors. It glides on well, lasts just as long and as well as Bobbi Brown (I tried the gel liner, I don't like it as much as MAC) but comes off MUCH EASIER than BB.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all those suggestions, I think I'll add Mac Fluidline to my list!
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I love, love, love Aromaleigh's gel liners (they are made by the same company that makes MAC's gel liners). I've tried TONS of eyeliners & these are the only ones that do not smudge (unless I deliberately smudge them, LOL) or smear under my eyes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Just got gel liner from Paula's Choice and really like it! I hadn't used gel before and didn't want to invest too much $$ and I have liked the quality of many of her products. I do not get the mid afternoon under eye smear with this that I do with pencils. Its a keeper. Suprisingly easy to use (directions on her website cosmeticscop.com). I got the espresso liner and precision eye liner brush (her brushes are very good quality) for about $18 and some change (getthatglow.com is less expensive than her site).

5% products discount

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all

Now you have mentioned Bobbi Brown. Is this a waterproof eyeliner. I swear I have oily lid especially my lower lids. I like the lower lids defined. However, I can't get any eyeliner to stay put. They smudge and in a couple of hours it is creeping down and I look like racoon eyes. Please help! Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Nurse nail tech wrote:
Hi all

Now you have mentioned Bobbi Brown. Is this a waterproof eyeliner. I swear I have oily lid especially my lower lids. I like the lower lids defined. However, I can't get any eyeliner to stay put. They smudge and in a couple of hours it is creeping down and I look like racoon eyes. Please help! Sad

I know exactly what you mean. Bobbi Brown works very well on my lower lids and my top lids. this is the only eyeliner I use when I'd like to pronounce both lids
Carzie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I really like BB's gel one too. I use pencils when I'm in a rush, but they smudge very easily. Anyone have any suggestions for good eye pencils?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I like Sue Devitt's pencils. They are very creamy so even if I'm in a hurry lining my eyes only takes a minute. I agree with the other posters that MMU eyeliner can be a pain to use, esp. on its own, however, I would definitely recommend getting a sample (I use Paparazzi and Illusion from Alima) and smudging just the tiniest bit over your eyeliner when you want your eyes to look more "special," as it sets your eyeliner and also makes the color deeper and richer and makes your lashes seem thicker. Here's a pick where I'm wearing Sue Devitt's pencil in gold reef, and then I smudged a little Illusion into the lashline:

5% products discount

Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Can you tell me which one exactly from Bobbie Brown? Never have used that line. Also someone mentioned Sue Devitt's pencils and Paparazzi and Illusion from Alima. Never heard of these lines of eyeliner. Where are they available?

Thanks... Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Nurse nail tech wrote:
Can you tell me which one exactly from Bobbie Brown? Never have used that line. Also someone mentioned Sue Devitt's pencils and Paparazzi and Illusion from Alima. Never heard of these lines of eyeliner. Where are they available?

Thanks... Surprised

Nurse Nail Tech-- Sue Devitt's pencils are available from places like Sephora, beauty.com, etc. Alima's products are only available atwww.alimacosmetics.com. HTH!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |