Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Help: Need oil base foundation ...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

I never had to wear makeup when I was younger..never broke out and had very clear even skin tone.

I was a beach bum sad to say now.

When I reach my early 40's mainly mid 40's my skin took a turn for the worst !!

I had skin cancer (Squamous) 2 years ago all on my face. I went to a Top plastic surgeon here in NYC who is also a Top Skin cancer doc. WEll the scars are not noticeable at all except for the one's on my forehead and chin which aren't bad at all. The ones under both eyes (Cheekbones) really aren't noticeable as he made them so thin and cut it where it went with the natural aging.

Well anyway I now have dry skin( Not peely at all ) and age spots from all them years at the beach.

I have tried many foundations the last 2 years and they all are dry on my skin and show the wrinkles around my mouth and chin. (That's where I aged ) I don't have crows feet or bags at all and never breakout..

I tried powder but it looks really bad on me ..too dry looking.

I can't find a foundation that is oil base.

Please can someone name some that are oil base .I don't care what it cost.I don't know much when it comes to makeup as I never wore it when younger unless I had to go somewhere and even then someone else did it for me.

Thanks so much Smile

Blue
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Believe it not Alexander Demarkoff Countess Isslyrn been around since the 1940's is oil based and boy a little goes a long way. Its hard to find but I have used it before and it works.
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I found this
"Other brands who do good oil-based foundations are MAC (Hyper Real foundation), NARS (Balanced Foundation) or Clinique also do good oil based foundations. Laura Mercier Flawless Face Moisturizing Foundation"
From http://beaut.ie/blog/?p=1601

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Chanel's Vitalumiere? It's very rich and leaves a nice dewy finish.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Giorgio Armani's oil-free foundation is pretty good!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:
Giorgio Armani's oil-free foundation is pretty good!

Um, she WANTS an oil-based foundation...not oil-free
Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I still say check out the deMarkoff pm me I have a place that I know that will send free samples of the colors. HTH
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thankyou everyone !!

I'm so glad for these replies Smile

I will buy one of each if I can get my hands on all of them.

Peace and thanks again Smile

Blue
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I would also look into La Prairie (they have 2 very good foundations for dry skin), and Cle de Peau.

Best of luck,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Trish McEvoy Even Skin foundation comes in two versions, one which has oil in it (the other is silicon based). The former lasts a lot longer.

Have you thought about using a primer between your moisturiser and your make up? Again Trish McEvoy does a good one (well two actually, one for dryer skins and one which is oil free).

You should be able to get samples of some foundations before you splash out. TM are quite good for samples but so is Estee Lauder, they do lots of lovely foundations and Prescriptives which are part of the group have a large range. They also do a custom foundation, it's not just colour, you could have more oil or moisture for example.
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
If cost is not an issue AND you live in NYC... go to Saks and try SK-II Airtouch foundation. It is fantastic stuff.

It is not oil-based, it is silicone based. But if I read your question correctly what you are looking for is a foundation that will not settle in wrinkles or accentuate dry spots. The SK-II will give you a beautiful, smooth 'airbrush' finish and will not settle into wrinkles. It is also quick and easy to apply, you just mist it on.

If you have a lot of very dark areas the SA may suggest that you use the Signs foundation first to cover up, then use Airtouch over that. I personally do not need to do this (and I have acne scars), I use Cle de Peau concealer then Airtouch and get a beautiful finish.

Anyway, especially because you are located in NYC and have access to the SK-II counter in person, try it out. I think you'll be well pleased. Here is a thread with some more reviews (mine is one):

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18589&highlight=skii+airtouch
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Joe Blasco Studio make-up
DiorSkin Sculpt Foundation
Serious Skin Care (from Home Shopping Network)
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation and Hydra Glow are wonderful!! Also you might try Laura Mercier or Bobbi Brown, I believe each has a moistuizing/hydrating foundation. Hope you find something!!! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Ladies Smile

Your the best !!!

I will try all of them but I have to get some samples as it's getting expensive..LOL

Believe me when I say I will try everyone to find which works the best for me ..I mean this is my face ..LOL...Thanks again to all Smile

Blue
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
No prob...please let us know which products you like. I'd love to know.

TI
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Bluerain,

If you would like to get samples of GA LSF or the Hydraglow call the GA Boutique in the Bellagio Hotel. Ask for Cindy, she's great at sending samples!! Smile

Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |