Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Disappearance of Moles and Spots through Internal Nutrition?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I keep seeing things referenced and claimed that they have caused moles etc. to disappear or that it "reduces" them. Whatever that means! I just don't get how that's possible from taking something internally. I've read random testimonials about different things, like this person who started consuming huge amounts of greens and juices said their moles just dried up and fell off!

I've had my moles (most of them completely flat like dark freckles) for as long as I can remember. I have photos of me when I was 9 with the same ones! I just can't imagine that they are caused by some nutritional deficiency or toxins or whatever other crazy things are claimed about them. They seem to be mostly genetic. Have you ever heard of any disappearing simply by taking things internally for them? I've seen a lot of things make that claim, but I don't remember all of them. Here are 2 things that mention it, one is MSM and one is Coconut Kefir.
"MSM reduces scar tissue, moles, brown spots, black spots, skin tumors, cuts, and burns." http://www.naturodoc.com/library/medsmats/msm/MSM_background.htm
"Many people report having a prettier complexion. They experience the brown liver spots on the skin fading away and skin tags, moles, or warts drying up and disappearing." http://bodyecology.com/coconutkefir.php
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I can't speak to either of these supplements,and I am a huge skeptic on such things. But, years ago, my mother started taking a bunch of supplements (one of those multi-level marketing things--don't remember exactly what, unfortunately. She'd had a mole on her cheek for years and years--about the size of a pea and slightly raised. And it vanished completely, never to return. Coincidence? Maybe, but I wish I could have asked her what in the world she was taking back then. So I *do* think it's possible; wish I had any more specific information though.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've been taking MSM for several months now and slowly the dark spots are fading. Since that's all I've changed that could possibly cause the lightening, I'm giving credit to the MSM and keeping up with it.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
I've been taking MSM for several months now and slowly the dark spots are fading. Since that's all I've changed that could possibly cause the lightening, I'm giving credit to the MSM and keeping up with it.

Ari

Ari, I have heard that MSM will help lighten melasma, and so I recommended my friend to get some since she got a really bad case of it under her eyes. I told her to buy the NSI brand MSM though and now I've found out it is not a good one. I feel so bad. Anyway, I will have to tell her I goofed. I just ordered pure powder MSM and I hope to get better results. I am taking it for my hair, skin (sun spots).
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have read of EDS members who have taken large doses of MSM and their hyperpigmentation has decreased and disappeared. But I think moles and freckles are quite different as they are formed through a different process.

Like you I have those same flat but dark and large spots (2-4mm in size) and the ones I developed throughout childhood have lightened to half the density of the ones I get now, but most continue to enlarge slowly.

I know that you can "prevent" developing abnormal skin pigmentation through a diet rich in beta carotenes, carotenoids, lutein etc etc. There is some proof that you can develop a sort of topical SPF4 on the skin through a very good diet. But I am highly doubtful of moles which disappear, I don't think skin cells can be "reversed" in that way. Embarassed
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I had a mole on my face go away. It was there for years. Only thing I changed was using C-E-Ferulic serum.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
When you guys talk about a mole, you're talking about a raised bump on the skin with a brown or black color, correct? Not just a black spot that is not raised? I recently just got a black round small spot appearing on the rim of my upper lip out of the blue. I don't mind but was wondering where in the world it came from. In Thai, it's called something that means fly poop in English. I don't know the English word for it.
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
According to Perricone, the supplement Astaxanthin reduces hyperpigmentation. Acetyl L-Carnitine is also supposed to reduce hyperpigmentation by eliminating lipofuscin. I've been taking ALC for years as a neuroprotective and it did seem to help with some bad hyperpigmentation on my neck. You can barely see it now.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Vanished as it fell off or just the pigment went away?

Arielle, what kind of dark spots do you have? Sun damage or freckles? bkkgirl, some of the ones I have even though they look flat have a very slight texture like a small bump or blemish. Other ones have no texture at all and if I close my eyes and rub my fingers over the skin where they are I can't tell where they are, only a color change (dark brown, not black). Most of mine are small.

I guess since no one knows what causes moles, I've always had them, and everyone has some, it's hard to imagine what could cause the body to get rid of them. I've had a really good diet for a long time, and I so want it to be true, I just want to know what scientific mechanism could cause that to happen. Like you miranets, I'm skeptical. They are just the same ones I've always had, so they are not from the sun, but are genetic. I wanted to get laser surgery in the past, but I was too afraid of the scaring or that my face would look worse after. As a last resort I will do that eventually though, if nothing else works. Which brand of C-E-Ferulic serum do you use jakee? Which MSM is best? OptiMSM™?

Here is the other place I saw someone say something - http://www.seekeronline.org/journals/y2005/nov05.html "However, after about a month of erratic green smoothie drinking, two moles and a wart I had since early childhood peeled off my body."
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
BYRG wrote:
Arielle, what kind of dark spots do you have? Sun damage or freckles?

Both. The freckles I've had all my life are the first to fade away. The darker sun damage spots that are very, very recent are fading more slowly. I think that may be because the damage goes deeper and cell turnover is slower at my age. I have tons of moles but I've reconciled myself to the fact that they are here to stay since I've had them as long as I can remember.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
BYRG wrote:
Which brand of C-E-Ferulic serum do you use jakee?

I was using Skinceuticals. Wasn't trying to remove or lighten moles, it just happened. I don't have a problem with the moles I have. Most people have em. Some have a lot. I leave them alone. Unless they're raised and really unattractive. In that case I ask the derm to remove. I get them checked annually for cancer. Then let them be.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I have those tiny, dark, flat moles all over, and get new ones every year it seems. I've also noticed that they will sometimes fade or go away by themselves. Last summer, I had a new one appear on my right thumb quite suddenly (overnight). I complained about it to my roommate, then forgot about the whole thing until about two or three days later when I looked again and saw that it was no longer there at all. Strange, huh? I don't think it had anything to do with diet or supplements since it was in such a short space of time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
What dose of MSM are you using? I have many moles on my back,some skin tags, and sun spots on my face.I wouls like to try MSM.
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

All my vitamins are NSI as I always heard they are really good.

Where n why did you hear that NSI is not good?

Thanks so much Smile

Blue

bkkgirl wrote:
Arielle wrote:

Ari

Ari, I have heard that MSM will help lighten melasma, and so I recommended my friend to get some since she got a really bad case of it under her eyes. I told her to buy the NSI brand MSM though and now I've found out it is not a good one. I feel so bad. Anyway, I will have to tell her I goofed. I just ordered pure powder MSM and I hope to get better results. I am taking it for my hair, skin (sun spots).
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
BYRG, regarding the process of mole/freckle formation - I was trying to find an article I read in the newspaper about how moles/freckles all start out as "cancerous" cells and mutate but eventually stop, scientists are studying the process to find what triggers moles to not grow out of control to see if there is some mechanism they can induce in normal cancers to put a halt to the mutation.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I saw a medical special once about new cancer treatment. Basically for a certain type of skin cancer, they would collect the persons own antibodies against the cancer and grow more in a lab setting. Like a vaccine. They would inject the antibodies back into that person after growing a large amount. The weird thing was after getting the injection, the persons body started attacking all of the moles on their body. So maybe they are a type of cancer, many of us have them from teen age on though.

I have 'burnt' them off myself with something like the tca cross method, but really haven't perfected it yet.
twinkle-bright
5% products discount

Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm interested in trying to use MSM to lighten my frecklces but I noticed from http://www.naturodoc.com/library/medsmats/msm/MSM_background.htm that MSM has sulphur compound in it. I had a severe allergic reaction to a sulfur containing antibiotic so I'm afraid to ingest anything with sulphur in it.

Any recommendations for alternatives?
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
When you guys talk about a mole, you're talking about a raised bump on the skin with a brown or black color, correct? Not just a black spot that is not raised? I recently just got a black round small spot appearing on the rim of my upper lip out of the blue. I don't mind but was wondering where in the world it came from. In Thai, it's called something that means fly poop in English. I don't know the English word for it.

I would get that looked at ASAP.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
heathercolorado wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

I would get that looked at ASAP.

Cherisse, I agree that it should be checked by a derm. I would not panick though - if it is small and round - it is probably nothing bad, but to be safe you should check it with the derm.

Good luck,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
I had a mole on my face go away. It was there for years. Only thing I changed was using C-E-Ferulic serum.

maybe i should try this products!
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:

Was it a big mole? How long did it take?

5% products discount

Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:13 am      Reply with quote
how much MSM do you take and for how long to get the brown spots to fade? has anyone experienced weight gain from using MSM?

much appreciate your experience!
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Improved nutrition helped my sister overcome skin problems on her hands. She used to have rough patches there, but she doesn't have them anymore ever since she overhauled her diet.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |