Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Help me reduce my lemmings !
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:24 am      Reply with quote
I have too many lemmings. It's getting ridiculous. I have the Decleor essential balm on its way. But I now want to try -

More of the Decleor line.

EmerginC lightening gel
EmerginC multivitamin and retinol serum
EmerginC earth moisturiser

Pevonia combination skin line
Pevonia DNA line

Philosophy microdelivery peel

Juice Beauty apple peel and antiox serum

I have too many lemmings. I only recently restocked on Dr H !!

Please help. Has any one had any bad experiences with the above lines? Has any one got any tips to help reduce this *ahem* * spam alert *??

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Serendipity, JB Green Apple Peel did nothing for me, so I'd recommend you to try a sample size first.

HTH. Wink
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure how can reduce this lemming * spam alert * but I think every forum members went through that period....

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Wildcat - I am lemming new products even before I receive my purchases!! It is wrong.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Serendipity, I am in the same boat as you so I don't have any good advice but I'm holding your hand. Of the lemmings you have, I have tried Juice Beauty Peel and found it to be pretty good. My local health shop sells small trial vials (for about $4) and they last a few weeks - so you could go that way and see if it works for you. Hopefully other forum members will weigh in and tell you whether the other stuff are any good though chances are that you'll hear both sides and be as confused. Perhaps you could request/buy some samples from online sources or ask EDS members. Recently I was lemming Dermalogica multi-vitamin recovery cream and the lovely Bex sent me a sample of it. It was ok but not that amazng for me so I didn't buy it, so that helped a lot. Good luck and try not to worry to much!!! Wink
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I feel the best way to reduce lemmings...

stop reading the forum.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Maybe we should start a therapy thread? haha.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Stop reading the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Uh, what's a lemming?
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Serendipity wrote:
Wildcat - I am lemming new products even before I receive my purchases!! It is wrong.

LOL...Glad that I have already gone through that phase Cool
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
TooInvolved wrote:
Uh, what's a lemming?

Lemmings are wanting a product that someone else has used and liked. They are called that because of the creature called the lemming because of this (quoted from Wikipedia's entry on Lemmings)

"Suicide myth
While many people believe that lemmings commit mass suicide when they migrate, this is not actually the case. Lemmings will often migrate in large groups and as a result some lemmings will occasionally be pushed off cliffs or drowned in bodies of water simply by the press of their compatriots. The myth of lemming mass suicide is long-standing and was popularized in the United States by a Disney documentary White Wilderness which includes footage of lemmings running head-long over a ledge. However, subsequent research has shown that the filmmakers contrived this scene.[3]

Due to their association with this odd behavior, Lemmings are a frequently-used metaphor for people who go along unquestioningly with popular opinion."
LilLoco
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
As a relative newbie, I am finding I can not control the actual lemming yet, but have gotten a grip on my lemming behavior -- I pull out my credit card statement. That's the only behavior modification method that's worked even a little bit.....
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Tangerine"][quote="Serendipity"]Wildcat - I am lemming new products even before I receive my purchases!! It is wrong.[/quote]

LOL...Glad that I have already gone through that phase Cool[/quote]

It's comforting to know this is natural phase so I will be fine Very Happy
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
it's very difficult to stop something as instinctual as lemming behavior...

you have to really want to.

if you're serious about it, i would suggest learning about the science behind skin.
it's not only about which actives are proven to work, but they have to be in the proper amount and in the right formulation.

learning about the skin, protecting the skin barrier and what i can do for healthy happy skin, has made it pretty easy for me to just say NO to products that may sound good or feel good, but don't do much of anything for the health of my skin.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:42 am      Reply with quote
JB Green Apple peel was very so-so for me.

I love philosophy microdermabrasion very much, but finally will not repurchase after trying Candessence Magic Mask.

Something that helped me cut back on spending $$ in the past: I kept a log of shipping costs for every order, for a couple of months. I could not believe the $$ I could've put in savings but had spent on shipping.

Also, I find that if I allow a lot of clutter on my vanity, I keep adding to it. If I put some things away, it gives me a better feeling of control.

Honestly, in the zillions of products for every skin type imaginable, I find very few that are stand-outs, and for me, less is more.

Good luck.
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I don't know your skin type. I have dry,sensitive skin. Philosophy microdelivery peel and Juice Beauty apple peel seem too harsh for me. And antiox serum also cause sting if I use in cold dry weather. If you have sensitive skin too, you'd better try some sample before you buy full size.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
cedar wrote:

Something that helped me cut back on spending $$ in the past: I kept a log of shipping costs for every order, for a couple of months. I could not believe the $$ I could've put in savings but had spent on shipping.

I have the opposite problem cedar. I almost never pay shipping costs becasue I am always adding things to my orders to get free shipping! Rolling Eyes
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
cedar wrote:

I have the opposite problem cedar. I almost never pay shipping costs becasue I am always adding things to my orders to get free shipping! Rolling Eyes
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I always do the same thing, too. And one more, add things to get free gifts. LOL
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Serendipity, there are threads in the forum asking posters what products they would never buy again. If you search the last few months titles you might spot them -- I can't remember the titles just now, but I linked to one and I'll try to find the post where I did. maybe someone else will remember. Reading through the threads, you might not spot the products that are temting you, but you will get a sense of there being many products (with cult followings of their own) that do not work for every one, or are even bad for some people. I think they might help quiet the inner hysteria of feeling you have to get something and try it.

Also, try to make a deal with yourself about saving up before you go and order these new things, or picking the most important one, or using up the products you already have at home to make room for more clutter and confusion in your routine or cosmetics shelf at home -- even if it involved using the products on your ankles, elbows, stomach, knees feet, and bottom to use the items up.

How does that sound?
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Ke Jiang wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I always do the same thing, too. And one more, add things to get free gifts. LOL

KJ, How does adding something get one a free gift?
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I got it! Thanks, word of mirth!

TI
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
No problem!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Exactly my response!

Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Stop reading the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks people for your replies. I do spend a lot of time on the forum. My skin has become my latest obsession.

I received my Decleor order from EDS today and am so very excited to try it. But am also worried. I know if I love it I will end up wanting everything else in the range.

The suggestion to try and obtain samples is a good one. I have been trying to do that with products - but so many stores say that they don't carry samples Mad . I tried some pevonia and emerginC from my sister (she suffers from the same affliction). I am not too sure about pevonia. Not sure about the emerginc - very sticky feeling and not sure what exactly it is doing.

EDS were great in including a whole batch of samples for me - EDS - and so I think I will be busy for at least this week ...

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |