Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Perfect complexion Apeel correct.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I did my first application of Apeel correct on Thursday. Following Julies application instructions I applied 3 pea sized lumps onto 3 cottons buds & dotted it over my face. Then using a twirling motion made sure it covered all of my face. I paid special attention to my 11’s & my nasolabial lines. I have been applying warm compresses to my face as per instructions. I twirled & pressed for 3 minutes & left it on for 3 minutes. Day 3 I noticed a little bit of flaking around my nose & today (day 4) I have little flakes all over my face. They are not unsightly & if I was well enough to leave the house (man flu) I could. As I am only flaking & not peeling next time I do my Apeel I will leave it on for a couple more minutes. I am probably being overly cautious but I would rather take it carefully until I have found the safe but workable combination for myself. Julie does not recommend using other products whilst doing the peel so I have not. I am quite surprised that my skin does not feel dry & looks OK. I can tell already that I am going to be pleased with the results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Loopylori: you & I can cheer each other on thru this process! I just got my (generous) goodie bag full of chemicals today from Julie and did the TCA Complex peel (not as brave as you! Shock )
Like you, some tightness/redness now an hour later, but only like I've been in the sun a while, not even as bad as a sunburn.
I'm psyched! Already those poochy, baggy, wrinkly places are plumped out and smooooooth. Waiting to get all scruffy and flakey, but I know there's a radiant young babe under there somewhere! Comeoutcomeout....
The instructions are to not apply any proteins or moisture, so I don't know how bad I'll look tomorrow, but here's hopin...
She included the TCA complex, lippy balm, day cream, and Apeel lite/nite, and doubled the sizes of the Latte Peel and HA Soy Lift that I had ordered. Pretty generous I'd say!!!
How are you doing now Loopylori?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I would say you are braver than me. I thought thought the Apeel was gentler than the TCA but I did get a wee bit confuzzled when trying to decide what peel to choose.

I am still flaking a bit & trying hard not to rub at it. I think that actually my skin is probably doing what it should but thanks to seeing real peels on TV I guess I was expecting major sheets of skin to peel off. Looking at Julies pictures I am shedding correctly.

It sounds like you are experiencing the same results as I am. I am happy actually that this seems to be working but not in a way that I have to go & hide from visitors to the world I just look like I have a bit of dry skin. Strangely it doesn't feel dry to the touch. I am going to do the HA protein compress tonight & see how that goes.

I also did the apeel light on my chest yesterday(Julie says its a no no) but my decollette looks like a map of the underground.I only did the light & left it on for a couple of minutes & I am waiting to see if I get some mild shedding.

I did get double on the soy lift & the HA protein. Plus samples of the crystals, perfect kisser lip balm, perfect complexion & a sample of the soy lift which I have sent to Mel because she wanted to try it & didn't get a sample with her order. I am really impressed with Julies generosity & helpfulness.

Thank you for responding to my post & keep me updated on your progress. I will do likewise.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm confused as to how to use my sample of apeel light/night. I've never done peels..that being said I can throw on any bha & aha with no problem. Is this a leave-on product?That's the only one that didn't come with intructions.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Hey loopylori - Have you tried other at-home peels or is this your first? I am quite keen to try one of Julie's peel products, but have never ventured beyond an exfoliator such as the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel. My skin can be sensitive at times (though it never reacted to the full strength JB peel), so my greatest concern is ending up with a face that's peeling like mad, or worse yet looks like a skelped arse for days on end!!! I definitely like the idea of being able to go out in public throughout the peeling process and not being held hostage at home, so I'll be watching this thread with interest to see how you fare.

Based on Julie's product descriptions, I am leaning towards the TCA LATTE Peel because it sounds like the fool-proof way to introduce my skin to peels. It also sounds like something that can be added to daily creams for some extra lifting action (which confuses the hell out of me??). Do you know if better/faster results will be achieved using the Apeel product versus the TCA LATTE (yours does sound stronger - does this mean it will do more)?

Thanks!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:29 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I'm confused as to how to use my sample of apeel light/night. I've never done peels..that being said I can throw on any bha & aha with no problem. Is this a leave-on product?That's the only one that didn't come with intructions.

Gosh, I'm glad I'm not the only one to be confused by these products. It sounds as if Apeel Light is a leave-on product....here is Julie's product description:

Quote:
A Peel Light is MILDER than the DAILY version. MANY people use both. APEEL LIGHT is a leave on retinoic liposome that is worn at NIGHT or daily. A Peel LIGHT will maintain the grade of the skin after ANY facial resurfacing proceedure. Keeping the skin from thickening will maintain the texture of your skin so that your results will NOT fade. This product can be used to maintain the longevity of any chemcial peel, micro peel, dermabrasion or laser peel. All skin types can use this, even pimple and acne prone. Fine lines, scars, rosacea, melasmas poor skin tone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Scotslass,

Here's where I found answers to me own questions Rolling Eyes

http://perfectcomplexion.net/speak.html#What_is_the_difference_between_APEEL_DAILY,_APEEL_CORRECT_and_APEEL_LIGHT_NIGHT_

I never thought to click on the "Ask Julie" link since I thought it was only for contacting her.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I'll do me best to answer. A couple of years ago I tried an at home glycolic peel the type you have to neutralize with baking soda. I hated it, made my face hurt & I was too scared of the way it felt to leave it on. So for me really I am a virgin. I do have a sheet of instructions if anyone would like me to email them a copy.

I know all about the ask Julie thing. I thought it was going to be an email address. Too be honest I don't know why I chose the Apeel, I spent ages reading all the blurb & just got overloaded with info. I did ask for a sample of the latte because I wanted to try it but Julie either forgot to slip it in or did not have any samples. I'm not complaining because I have plenty to keep me going.

If I have missed anything send me a nudge.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
So Loopy dear,
3 days in and ur face hasn't come off yet Laughing !!! Geez what kinda peel is this?
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Well in Guapa's hands probably whole burn face off job. Laughing

Because I am a skeeredy kat & followed instructions it seems to be a nice gentle but effective peel. I am still flaking but my skin is looking nice. I am mostly interested in reducing the upper lip lines, 11's & naso lines rather than peeling my whole face away. Have you tried the latte yet Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

Because I am a skeeredy kat & followed instructions it seems to be a nice gentle but effective peel. I am still flaking but my skin is looking nice. I am mostly interested in reducing the upper lip lines, 11's & naso lines rather than peeling my whole face away. Have you tried the latte yet Question

I don't normally bother reading these forums but it seems I should!

I am tempted by this line, but until my face goes somewhere near normal I'm steering clear. I did use my exfol this morning though and my skin feels much smoother now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I liked Scotslass's description of a "skelped arse" Laughing Guess that pretty much describes me today, the day after I did TCA Complex. Nothing peeling, but I look like a shrivelled prune, albeit a slightly sun-warmed one. The directions say not to use any proteins, moisture or sunscreens until the peel is complete as those will prolong peeling. Hmmmmm. Well I haven't started to peel. Even after adding a dose of Latte last nite and this am. Day 3 is sposed to be the day to peel, if at all. I was corn-fused too as to which solution was the stronger- Apeel or TCA Complex. It looked to me that Apeel was, so I took the lesser one. Julie is very generous with samples and I would think if you even ordered only the "Perfect Kisser" lip balm and requested specific samples, she would be happy to oblige. She doubled the amount of products I ordered and threw in LOTS of samples!
*edit* Loopy: yeah I "cheated" too and did my decollete with TCA Complex. Nope! *checking down there* Nothing goin on there either!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

nope I been pouting over my sample stash....and besides, you first dear!!!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Man, I do hope you gals don't have sensitive skin. One of the members at the SkinInteractive board, Scarlett, also decided to do her chest. She posted photos. MAJOR ouchies!

From what I've read, not everyone peels all that easily, and you do have to suffer the uglies sometimes. Apparently doing warm water compresses helps expedite the peel.

Good luck!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:12 am      Reply with quote
Katee
I read Scarletts tale of peeling & saw her photo's. Which was why I used the Apeel light. I also have the after peel oil just incase I did stuff up anywhere I wanted to be prepared.I have been doing the warm compresses.

Guapa
I would have put this in the ordinary reviews section but as they moved Katee's HA soy lift review, I thought I would just save Mabsy time.

I must say it does feel a bit like the naughty corner in this sub section.

Mel
probably not a good idea to peel your fake tan off anyway. Bit of a waste really.

Fawnie
well we really might be crying together tomorrow then with our peeling chests.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I'll do me best to answer. A couple of years ago I tried an at home glycolic peel the type you have to neutralize with baking soda. I hated it, made my face hurt & I was too scared of the way it felt to leave it on. So for me really I am a virgin.

Thanks Lori! I believe there are a number of virgin peelers around here and that many of us are sitting on the fence about trying one because deep down we're all a wee bit feart we'll fry our faces off! Now that I've watched several makeover shows on TV and witnessed how the doctor slathers and aggressively wipes the peel solution over the unconscious woman's face, I am really turned off of the idea of having one done professionally. I'd rather test a product on my own and really like your approach of using the peel on selected area's of your face rather than everywhere. I'm actually quite happy with the sides of my face but want to improve the skin texture on my forehead and along my NL and nose. I would also LOVE to do something along my decollete, but was unaware that there could be problems using a facial peel on this area. Is there a separate peel on the market that addresses this specific area? How did things go with your experiment using Apeel Light on your chest? It doesn't sound as if you left it on very long - did it have any effect?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Scottslass

I don't know if anyone makes a chest peel but I would love one. I have had no result from the light peel on my chest & you are right I didn't leave it on very long. Because I have not reacted I am going to do it again for a bit longer & I will keep doing that until I manage to peel it effectively without damage. Famous last words. Scarletts final results looked very good to me. I haven't seen her post on here recently but if she is about maybe she could give us a bit of advice.

Those TV peels are wayyy to scary for me. I know they get fantastic results but I am not ready for them. They have to hurt because they always look to me like someone has used a blowtorch on their faces. Shock

I have actually stopped flaking now so I am going to do another one tonight. I could be here tomorrow drowning the forum in tears.

I think the apeel would be fine for selective areas. I did the first one all over because I didn't want to end up with different coloured patchwork skin. Now I have seen how it works I feel happy that I could actually spot treat & not end up looking like that $45.000 bag.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Ooh. this is good! I was looking at Julie's site too, and want to do a peel and got confused. So I'm very pleased to find out how you two get on.

So which peel is lighter.. it sounds as though you are running neck and neck?

And what CAN we use on our decolletage area, then?

Keep us posted!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
o.k. I'm feeling like a dimwit here Embarassed but I thought the apeel light/night was a leave-on product. Are you guys applying it & then taking it off??? grumbling..I need good meds Rolling Eyes
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Laughing
I confess its not you its me thats the dimwit.I actually have Apeel correct & Apeel daily not Apeel light. I did wash of the Apeel daily from my chest because I didn't want to overdo it & Julie tells you that her peels are for face only. Although I am about to reread all instructions & see if there is one for other areas.

I really cannot tell which peels are the strongest out of her peels & will follow Fawnies progress with interest.

Normally I would have emailed Julie first and asked what she would recommend for my skin but as I had read that she takes awhile to reply and I wanted to start immediately I didn't bother. However I did send her a message with my order & she replied very quickly with two long emails. I was actually very impressed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Lori..I feel better now..I was worried about senior moments. So, I guess I can apply the light/night & leave it on overnight without pulling a Guapa? Can you use it everynight..it's not clear.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
LL - Did you bother to take any before photo's? It sounds as if you are on quite the journey with your peeling routine and may achieve some great results. I get the impression that the Apeel Light/Night is a type of (leave-on) overnight exfoliator, and not so much a peel. Am I wrong about this? Now that you've finished with this peel, and before you begin the next one tomorrow, will you try sleeping with the Apeel Light on your face tonight to see what it does? ETA: I'm assuming Julie sent you samples of Apeel Light, right?

I have not followed Scarlett's story, but will keep my eye out for her. Hopefully she has found a gentler way to use these peels on the chest area and can share her tips with us.

Those BRAVE women who have peels on TV really do look as if a blowtorch has been taken to their faces. And you just KNOW they're in total pain! Crikey, half the time I'M in total pain just looking at them!!! Laughing Those shows have seriously curtailed my curiosity about trying more than one procedure, BIG TIME!!!

Eeewwww, I'm cringing at the idea of a patchy face! It's good to know that the Apeel line is gentle enough to spot treat, should you want to. I, too, do not want my face to resemble anything "bag-like" - expensive or otherwise! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
The peels you see on TV are DEEP peels and require a very long recovery time. You really don't have to worry about anything like that with these products.

Actually, I thought Scarlett's chest area looked great after it calmed down! She has also mentioned that she has very sensitive skin.

Marina, from what I've read, the Apeel night/light is the mildest of the Apeel line and is principally intended to maintain the effects of a tca or apeel peel....
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
ScottsLass

I didn't get a sample of the light. Julie probably thought I had enough to keep me entertained already.
I should have taken pictures before & during but I have been ill & look like sh** but with now blossoming skin. Rolling Eyes So nae lass is my answer.

I am writing word for word an extract from my instruction sheet.
Regimen & Treatments- It is quite impossible for me to devise a schedule and attach it to this user guide. You should wake up every day and decide what treatment (if any) your skin needs for that day. Once you see what this product will do for your skin after your first application, then you can devise your personal treatment plan. It is neccessary to do at least 1 Apeel correct every 29 days.
Apeel daily should be done 1 time every 7-10 days. This is a mild treatment plan option. Feel free to use it more often using caution and common sense.
Apeel light/nightUse a pea size on clean skin 2 hours on clean skin 2 hours before bedtime. Never use on eyes, neck or body. Use only once and wait four days to see if peeling occurs. If not proceed again using more.Each user must adjust their application in order to yield a perfect peel. No two people share the same schedule! some use it weekly, some even dot it on their skin every other day!

Do not keep applying Apeel if your peel doesn't occur. Do compresses and wait 10 days. Never mix exfolliants like TCA and Apeel unless you have done trial applications and are using them to expediate each other.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Aha!! I didn't get that instruction sheet! From the website, I thought you could apply the apeel light/night every night as a mild exfoliator. This kinda changes things. If I understand it, apply, leave it on all night, then wait for the peel (or not). Then try again after 4 days if you got nothing.

Thanks Lori...I'm such a chicken (considering I have rhino skin) I think I'll just stick to me active serum & leave peels to the young'uns.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |