Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Let's Share Simple and Easy Exercise Tips!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'll start:

How to lift up your buns: Walk a lot AND walk like you got a quarter in between your buns so you have to squeeze them together to keep the quarter from falling when you walk! This takes time but I get results. My buns were starting to like my thighs a bit too much, but I have been walking and climbing stairs whenever I can. You don't have to do a walk-a-thon. Just walk, walk, walk. Find the farthest parking spot when you go shopping. Squeezing your buns together is also VERY important.

Very easy and simple to do. Just remember that it takes time, but it took time, too, before your buns start to hang on your thighs. That didn't happen overnight, so the reversal will take a while, too.

My buns are much tighter now and are nicely rounded. No more flabby buns. Yeah! (It's been two years, and still improving every day.)
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
You can do tummy crunches anywhere, standing, sitting, driving car, etc. Here's how: Pull your navel in toward your spine, hollowing out your tummy, as hard as you can, then release. Be sure to fully release. Hollow, hold, release. Repeat, faster and faster, building a flutter effect. Do these every time a commercial comes on during your favorite show, or every time you stop at a red light, etc. You can also squeeze various muscle groups in the tummy area--tighten top just under ribs, then right side, then bottom, then left.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
You can do tummy crunches anywhere, standing, sitting, driving car, etc. Here's how: Pull your navel in toward your spine, hollowing out your tummy, as hard as you can, then release. Be sure to fully release. Hollow, hold, release. Repeat, faster and faster, building a flutter effect. Do these every time a commercial comes on during your favorite show, or every time you stop at a red light, etc. You can also squeeze various muscle groups in the stomache area--tighten top just under ribs, then right side, then bottom, then left.

Thank you! I will have to try this. Love it. So simple and easy!
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Also just pulling your stomach muscles in throughout the day, really helps to tighten them up. It's remembering to do it that's the hard bit!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
lillilulu wrote:
Also just pulling your stomach muscles in throughout the day, really helps to tighten them up. It's remembering to do it that's the hard bit!

True! I started doing it as soon as I started reading this thread and reread Jeannine's post. Surprised I tend to hold my breath when I hold in my tummy. That's not good, right?
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
You can do tummy crunches anywhere, standing, sitting, driving car, etc. Here's how: Pull your navel in toward your spine, hollowing out your tummy, as hard as you can, then release. Be sure to fully release. Hollow, hold, release. Repeat, faster and faster, building a flutter effect. Do these every time a commercial comes on during your favorite show, or every time you stop at a red light, etc. You can also squeeze various muscle groups in the tummy area--tighten top just under ribs, then right side, then bottom, then left.

Thank you~~~~It seems very simple Laughing
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine, your tips reminded me of my belly-dancing lessons. We had to do a lot of tummy flutters. It looks really funny, but on the women who do it well, it's awesome.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
When you do those flutters, it also helps to first lift your ribcage up (keeping your shoulders down) and then flatten the small of your back as best you can.

For the buns, Diva Derriere is awesome:
http://www.t-tapp.com/articles/divad/

Follow the pages through to the end and you will really feel it...
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I ALWAYS do deep lunges on the way from the couch to the cheetos in the snack cabinet. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Bkkgirl: Ha! You got me. I'm a professional bellydance teacher and performer, and I also teach pilates. This exercise is applicable to both, and it is so easy and effective.

It can be done by holding your breath, but I recommend breathing while doing this exercise. It can be hard to breathe naturally at first, but it becomes easier with practice. If you're familiar with pilates, you can incorporate pilates breathing.

bkkgirl wrote:
Jeannine, your tips reminded me of my belly-dancing lessons. We had to do a lot of tummy flutters. It looks really funny, but on the women who do it well, it's awesome.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
Bkkgirl: Ha! You got me. I'm a professional bellydance teacher and performer, and I also teach pilates. This exercise is applicable to both, and it is so easy and effective.

It can be done by holding your breath, but I recommend breathing while doing this exercise. It can be hard to breathe naturally at first, but it becomes easier with practice. If you're familiar with pilates, you can incorporate pilates breathing.

bkkgirl wrote:

Wow, awesome! I ADORE belly dancing. I think it's super sexy and a great exercise. I just wish I could do it well. I took the lessons for about 3 months or so, and I haven't had a chance to do it again yet. I still have all the hip scarves. Very Happy
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I do squats and stretching while waiting for my facial masks to dry. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I find myself walking around tucking my butt and tummy at the same time now since I started this thread. Anyone else? Laughing

Also anyone got a good tip on how to easily tone your upper arms throughout the day?
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I find myself walking around tucking my butt and tummy at the same time now since I started this thread. Anyone else? Laughing

Also anyone got a good tip on how to easily tone your upper arms throughout the day?

I'm going to try to attempt to describe two of my favorite arm exercises...hopefully I'll make sense Smile:

#1 Stand up straight, put your arms behind your back, palms facing up and thumbs extended. Bring your arms as close together as you can without your thumbs touching, then raise your arms as high as you can without slouching and make tiny fast circular motions.

#2 Hands in fists, arms stretched out to the side and level with your shoulders make small circular motions. You can do this with your palms facing any direction.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
After I have lunch and dinner, I would stand up to use computer. It can help to digest.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Sundew wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

I'm going to try to attempt to describe two of my favorite arm exercises...hopefully I'll make sense Smile:

#1 Stand up straight, put your arms behind your back, palms facing up and thumbs extended. Bring your arms as close together as you can without your thumbs touching, then raise your arms as high as you can without slouching and make tiny fast circular motions.

#2 Hands in fists, arms stretched out to the side and level with your shoulders make small circular motions. You can do this with your palms facing any direction.

THANKS FOR POSTING! Very Happy I think I got both. How many reps do you do for each?
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
THANKS FOR POSTING! Very Happy I think I got both. How many reps do you do for each?

You're very welcome Smile! I'm a bit of a wimp so I just do enough until I can't stand the burning lol. Then a few minutes/hours later I do it again Cool. I usually feel major burning on the first exercise around 60reps and on the second exercise 80-100reps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Sundew wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

You're very welcome Smile! I'm a bit of a wimp so I just do enough until I can't stand the burning lol. Then a few minutes/hours later I do it again Cool. I usually feel major burning on the first exercise around 60reps and on the second exercise 80-100reps.

Welcome to Wimpy Gals Club! LOL I am a major wimp. I stop running just when my heart rate starts to pick up. In fact, I hate running. I'm sure it's all psychological but I think running will make my calves huge.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I'm surprised we haven't heard from John C Hill. He's supposed to be our exercise expert. Very Happy
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
I do squats and stretching while waiting for my facial masks to dry. Laughing

Great idea, Yen! I'm just about to put on a mask (and I haven't done any exercise today Shock )...so now I can "multi-task"! Laughing

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks bkkgirl!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Great tips everyone! Another amazing arm (and shoulder/back) exercise is to do one-armed push-ups against the wall.

Exercise 1: Stand facing the wall about a foot from it. Put one hand on the wall about shoulder level. Then do the push-ups. This one is just like traditional floor push-ups, except your doing them with just one arm and are standing. (If you need to, you can use both arms.)

Exercise 2: Stand with your left shoulder against the wall with your feet about 6 inches away so you are leaning (you are at a 90 degree angle to the wall). Cross your body with your right hand and place it on the wall at around chest level, then press off so you are standing straight up, then return to leaning, etc., pressing away like with the push-ups. (If you need to, you can stand just 2-4" away so that you lean less and have less distance to push.)

Of course, good old push-ups and planks are wonderful.

Another excellent exercise is a reverse push-up: Sit on ground with knees bent and feet flat on floor. Lean back a little and place your hands slightly behind your butt with your elbows bent. Then using your arms, lift your butt off the floor a few inches, hold for several seconds, then lower, repeat till you feel tired. (Be sure to use your arms to lift your body [they should straighten and bend] and not your butt.)

Because these are all weight bearing, they are very effective and you don't have to do a ton of them. Be careful not to overdo it.

bkkgirl wrote:
...Also anyone got a good tip on how to easily tone your upper arms throughout the day?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
Great tips everyone! Another amazing arm (and shoulder/back) exercise is to do one-armed push-ups against the wall.

Exercise 1: Stand facing the wall about a foot from it. Put one hand on the wall about shoulder level. Then do the push-ups. This one is just like traditional floor push-ups, except your doing them with just one arm and are standing. (If you need to, you can use both arms.)

Exercise 2: Stand with your left shoulder against the wall with your feet about 6 inches away so you are leaning (you are at a 90 degree angle to the wall). Cross your body with your right hand and place it on the wall at around chest level, then press off so you are standing straight up, then return to leaning, etc., pressing away like with the push-ups. (If you need to, you can stand just 2-4" away so that you lean less and have less distance to push.)

Of course, good old push-ups and planks are wonderful.

Another excellent exercise is a reverse push-up: Sit on ground with knees bent and feet flat on floor. Lean back a little and place your hands slightly behind your butt with your elbows bent. Then using your arms, lift your butt off the floor a few inches, hold for several seconds, then lower, repeat till you feel tired. (Be sure to use your arms to lift your body [they should straighten and bend] and not your butt.)

Because these are all weight bearing, they are very effective and you don't have to do a ton of them. Be careful not to overdo it.

bkkgirl wrote:
...Also anyone got a good tip on how to easily tone your upper arms throughout the day?

Oh yes! I do sort of like the reverse push-ups when I watch TV. Very Happy However I move my body up and down without my butt touching the floor instead of holding it (and my butt) off the floor. Is this still good for something?
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Either way is fine--the way I described is for beginners; keeping body lifted the whole time is more advanced. The key is to use the arms to do the work.

[quote="bkkgirl"]
Jeannine wrote:

Oh yes! I do sort of like the reverse push-ups when I watch TV. Very Happy However I move my body up and down without my butt touching the floor instead of holding it (and my butt) off the floor. Is this still good for something?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jeanine,
If I try to control my tummy muscles, and do a tummy roll throughout the day, would that help wiht the lower tummy part? How do you focus on flattening that one? I have a problem with the lower tummy sticking out b/c I have two kids. Very Happy and Sad (couldn't make up my mind which emoticon is appropriate..lol)

Is there a good simple exercise you can do for the lower tummy area? When I suck in my stomach, it seems to focus in the belly button area.
Thank you.
C
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |