Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Returns and Exchanges
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have worked in the customer service industry. Which leads me to believe that is why I hate returning and exchanging stuff. I couldn't possibly imagine returning something used. My question is how do you feel about returning something to a store you frequently return stuff to? I know we had a lot of extra 'running around' goings on when we knew a customer was a frequent returnerer (of course I sold shoes at the time so it was quite easy to tell). And, I know of a lot of people (ok, mostly my mom) that get hassled (at big companies) for returning stuff not used.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I have no problems returning stuff used or not used that I found ineffective or I don't like as long. As they have a return policy posted and you comply with it (for ex, return in 30 days with receipt), the stores won't mind taking the returns either.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I agree with bkkgirl.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
BUT let me tell you a story about a creep I dated once. He told me he bought refillable razors from Costco and returned them when they got dull, and bought new ones, and then returned them again like that so it was like he bought them only once.

I was so creeped out by this revelation I shortly broke up with him.

I reported him to Costco.
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I don't return used stuff usually unless it is clearly defective. Skincare stuff I usually try to keep using it hoping for results and by the time I realize it sucks it is too late. I have never had a problem returning stuff though even without a receipt. I worked as CS in a few different store so I know the whole drill. I am okay with store credit whatever, just give me something.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have a 48 hour return policy. If I don't return something within 48 hours, I know I never will.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just the opposite. I will wait till the last minute of the last day to return it if I can. I procrastinate too much. I still haven't done my taxes, and I'm a cpa. Yeah, shame on me. lol
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I have no problems returning stuff used or not used that I found ineffective or I don't like as long. As they have a return policy posted and you comply with it (for ex, return in 30 days with receipt), the stores won't mind taking the returns either.

Agree!
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I don't return things - clothes if they don't actually fit or I KNOW I'm never going to wear them... But skincare etc, never. Thought never crossed my mind before I visited EDS and Carekate said she took things back to Sefora. Maybe returning stuff is more of an American thing than a Scandinavian ... Question

but I have been wondering about the return policy in the states...do the shops resell the stuff that comes back? - like those raisors the EX returned all the time... what a weird thing to do anyway!!! Laughing and great that you reported him!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
They resell it if it is still in new condition (w/tags in box not damaged). If it isn't they can send it back to the manufacturer (well depends on the company and what the product is) but that is the gist.
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
It doesn't bother me to take things back,especially skincare and makeup.I've never had a problem.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
BUT let me tell you a story about a creep I dated once. He told me he bought refillable razors from Costco and returned them when they got dull, and bought new ones, and then returned them again like that so it was like he bought them only once.

By the way, this guy is from Austria. He said he couldn't return things in his country. He totally abused the system that was set up to show goodwill on the part of the stores.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I do hate trying clothes in stores, so I bought several and tried at home and returning it at store, but it's not used though since it still have tag on it.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

One of my distant relative's does something similar with mattresses:

She bought some super expensive mattress/box springs that had a lifetime guarantee against "normal wear" so every year she calls the company to have them come out and replace her "damaged" mattress set with a brand new bed! Shock Shock

It sure would be nice to get a brand new mattress once a year (did you know that your mattress-set gains like 10 pounds every year as a result of dust-mites?! Confused ), but I don't think I'd have the nerve to pull that off!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

One of my distant relative's does something similar with mattresses:

She bought some super expensive mattress/box springs that had a lifetime guarantee against "normal wear" so every year she calls the company to have them come out and replace her "damaged" mattress set with a brand new bed! Shock Shock

It sure would be nice to get a brand new mattress once a year (did you know that your mattress-set gains like 10 pounds every year as a result of dust-mites?! Confused ), but I don't think I'd have the nerve to pull that off!

Carrie, my sis told me about her friend who bought a fan from Target and a year later returned it without a receipt for a store credit before she went back to Thailand. I thought that was a total abuse. This was when Target had a very liberal return policy. They'll take things back with or w/o receipts. They didn't limit the time since purchase either. But now they're on to these people, and they limit it to 90 days and you have to have receipts. However just the other day I went to return something there, and still saw they were allowing a return without a receipt for this other woman b/c the CR person wrote "no receipt" on a piece of paper.

I don't think I'd ever be able to pull off something like your distant relative either. How on earth did she pull it off? Doesn't the mattress company catch on that this person calls every single year? Shock
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |