Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Introduction; recommendation of products that might suite me
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Madara

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Hello people,

I would like to introduce myself to this fine board, by writing some info about myself.
I am a 28 year old male, Hispanic/polish. The last 2 years of my life has been very very bad due to adult acne. I would say that I´ve always had minor problems with acne and blackheads/large pores, but 2years ago hell break loose and I got some mild breakouts, but got so desperate to get rid of it, so I searched the net for “the best skincare for acne” and ended up ordering “DDF” with 5-10% BP. This is where I think the hell really started. I started to use the skincare product without knowing really how, so I started to “burn” my face, and it got really dry etc. so I believe I really messed up the sebum production / natural oil production.

Anyways, all of this turned my life into crap and I went down in a depression. I´m finally back and want to restore my face into the better. I´m currently on Tetralysal, which is a antibioticum and I don´t have any inflamtory acne no more.

I do however suffer from large pores, redness in my face and dark circles around my eyes.

It´s time for me to purchase a new skincare line, but I´m not sure what to buy. The last products I used was some stuff from Ole Henriksen. Everything from that line was pretty good, except the fresh start eye crème which irritated my eyes.

So, what I´m looking for a either a new skincare line which is suited for me, or individual products which will help me with my problems. From what I read, these products seem to suite my needs.

• Indian Healing Clay – MASK
• Queen Helena – Scrub

I need other stuff like, cleanser, moisturizer etc.

Thanks.

- Sebastian Clausin
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
i'll throw some suggestions out there - if only to bump this up for you....

i'd watch out for products that are too drying -

cleanser: wheatgerm oil cleanser (ph 5.5) no detergents.

BHA: 2 % bha either exfol serum (great for starters and general usage), 2% bha (1.9 ph) stronger product - work up to using the 5% bha (1.9ph). after cleansing apply these, then wait 30 minutes before applying anything else to your skin.
you also may want to look into mandelic acid. it's a bit pricier, but many swear by it for pore cleaning.

for a moistuizer - don't freak out now - emu oil.
yes, an oil. once you get used to it, just a small amout is all you need. it may actually help normalize your skin - and it a great healer.
another oil moisturizer option that many use here is jojoba oil (imho emu oil is superior, tho).

for evening skintone, and general skin health -
copper peptides (skin biology) are fantastic.

also supplements - vit c, msm, borage oil (and I'm sure there will be other suggestions).

these are not overnight fixes - there is nothing out there (that I know of) that works instantly.

if you're interested in learning more about these products you can use the search function on this forum.

for more information on the "science" of skin -
skinbio.com has a load of info.

good luck!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to check out these threads that talk about Nano Silver, Dr Hauschka cleansing cream, EpidermxII and Dremu oil, all of which might help you.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=21680
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=5075&sid=9573ee5a96e696a1598ff48f5ed666c2
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=18721
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=14476
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I had the same experience few years ago. Here are things that save my skin: Accutane (two treatment), Clarisonic facial brush, Erno Lazo facial bar, Dermalogica special cleasing gel, Decleor Ylang Ylang oil, Clinique toner#3, EL double wear foundation powder. I don't really like products with AHA, BHA or other medical peel, because it is too irritating to the acne skin.
I especially recommend the Clarisonic facial brush, it is expensive but really worth the $$.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |