Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

If You Had Found A Very Good Product...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Errrr....a question: If you had found a product that works very well, will you stick to using it, or will you still try others after finishing it?

To me, when I was using a product, if I was very satisfied, I was always thinking it's time to stop trying and decided to reorder it again and again. But after finishing it, or some time before finishing it, I would order other products again...hoping to find a much better one....
Laughing
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm always in search of that "magic bullet". Once I find it I'm hoarding it and the search stops.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
While I don't like to look around when it comes to bf (I really like to stick to one), I make it up in the skincare arena. I keep looking for better ones, but file away the ones I was happy with and make a mental note to come back for more.

However, I think I can only afford sample sizes. How many samples will they let you order? I mean can I finish with one sample, and when I reorder, can I order another sample? I don't mean to order a bunch of samples at the same time.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Stick to using it of course! But I still had not find a product that works very well for me. Mad
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
If I find something I really really like, I stick to it. If I perhaps get a sample and decide I like the new product better after trying it out for a while, then I might switch, but I don't often go looking for something different if I'm 100% satisfied with a product. I do however, have a few products that I really love and use them interchangeably just for the sake of having some variety.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
i would definately stick with it if it was REALLY GOOD, but if it was ok good, then i would still use it but buy others to try...hoping its better, but if its not then i still got the ok one to use Very Happy
of course, saying that, i would love to find a skincare line that has the exact skin type match for me, so i dont need to keep searching and searching and searching.....
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I stick to what works.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Using a grading system, if a product is an "A" product, I will stick with it, but will test out samples periodically to see if there is something better. Trouble is, most products that I use are "B" products, so I use them up but actively hunt for better. I try not to waste time and effort with C products and below. It is hard though to stop using a C product if it was expensive.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I have found a skincare range that I'm loving, but when I run out I'll go back to another old favourite, use that then go back to my current one, as I have found if I keep using the same one for ages, my skin stops responding, so for me, I find it more beneficial to alternate between the two.
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
While I don't like to look around when it comes to bf (I really like to stick to one), I make it up in the skincare arena. I keep looking for better ones, but file away the ones I was happy with and make a mental note to come back for more.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing To me, maybe I'm also keeping searching a perfect "lover" too
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Sounds that most of you would stick to the product if it really works well and you "Love" it. I think I would just stick to Fancl's oil; but others, I really found that different brands and products always did similar effort on me until now. But the most important, I would get boring when stick to the same product Sad
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I would definitely be inclined to stick with the product.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:45 am      Reply with quote
The age never stop running. I've to running to stop my age by find better products.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:14 am      Reply with quote
never stop for a product only... keep looking for newer stuff...
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately I seem to have a "grass is greener on the other side" mentality. I can't seem to stick with a product long enough or should it be I can't seem to find a product that works to stick with it? I have no idea haha but I sure hope that when I do find that product that really works for me I'll have the sense to stop and just continue using it! Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
I'm always in search of that "magic bullet". Once I find it I'm hoarding it and the search stops.

Ari

Me, too! Since joining EDS, I've been fortunate enough to find several "magic bullets" (Candessence Triple C & DMAE serums, PSF Phyto Lift Cranberry Eye Gel, etc.) that I will never abandon!

Mary Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
i will stick with it. i.e. I was introduced to this product sothys by my beautician and since then i've introduced it to my friends as well and they all loved it..
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I fear I'll always be looking for something better Rolling Eyes
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I do have certain stables that I don't see the point of venturing out for new products. For example, cetaphil, Jurlique Face wash cream,Herbal Recovery Gel, EP-II, IS Clinical Active Serum...you get the point...
I tend to venture out more for bath and shower products and C-serums. I am also venturing into DIY products inspired by the forum.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Something has to be absolutely fantabulous for me to want to buy it again and again. I think I'm a beauty product addict as I find it so fun to be on a continual quest for the holy grail of all products for my skin, hair and makeup! I do have a few repeat purchases though, these items have really come through for me:

Neutrogena Acne Body Wash
The Body Shop sisal wash cloth
Buf Puf back scrubber
Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer
Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation
Youngblood MMU

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am on the path to gradually introduce different actives, so for now I will be keeping trying new products until I figure out what works best on me. Hopefully my skin can survive all the experiments.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
I must REALLLY love it to stick with it...otherwise, I'm also always on the look out for something better.
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
i would stick to using the product if i have really managed to find something that works wonder for me. but at the same time i wouldnt stop looking out for new products.

thats because i was told or rather i read somewhere that you cant stick to using the same product for too long. you gotta change every few months or else your skin will get so *used* to the product that it will no longer work for you anymore.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
I am still on a quest to find the ultimate product that will work "wonders" for my skin, if I discovered it then I would definitely stick with it...unless I found something better of course! Razz
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I very rarely purchase a product twice because by the time I have finished a good product there is always something new and exciting on the market.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |