Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
New face toy arrived without conductive gel, Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
emilyruth
5% products discount

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my Facemate Ultrasonic massager and it didn't come with conductive gel. Does anyone know where I can get something I can use, preferably in a hurry? I'm dying to try this gadget out, but I'm not sure if I can use it without the gel.
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
if it's a water-based gel - you can use just plain ol' water.

it evaporates quicker than the gels, but works fine with gadgets like the dermaltone and face master.

eta:
I'm looking at this device online - and i see no mention of a conductive gel. are you sure you're supposed to use one with this?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Those gels like aloe vera gels don't work with the ultrasonic.. I got my conducting gel at www.bannertherapy.com, very fast shipping!!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
well for ultrasound they use KY jelly which is always useful to have around Smile

5% products discount

Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice. I ordered the conducting gel from Banner, but for tonight (since I can't wait to try this gadget), I'll give the K-Y a shot. I'm sure I'll find another use for it after the gel arrives. Any other advice on using these face massagers?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh, KY Jelly, maybe I should get it after my conducting gel runs out. Do you get the K-Y Warming Jelly Personal Lubricant one?
Smile

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=90170&catid=682&trx=PLST-0-SEARCH&trxp1=682&trxp2=90170&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SEARCH
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
Ooh, KY Jelly, maybe I should get it after my conducting gel runs out. Do you get the K-Y Warming Jelly Personal Lubricant one?
Smile

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=90170&catid=682&trx=PLST-0-SEARCH&trxp1=682&trxp2=90170&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SEARCH

No is it any good? Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
AstroGlide is slippery too!
Any medical supply store would have electro-conductive gel I would think.
Lisey, Personal warming jelly!! Who'd'a thunk it???

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I would use moisturizer until you get a gel. Astro glide and KY jelly??? Sorry, but that's nuts! That is not for your face!! I would only use a gel that is specifically for your face.

Until then, moisturizer layed on thick. That's what the instuctions for the derma wand say, so I would do that.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Wouldn't hurt to try on the face? Embarassed Or not..
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:45 am      Reply with quote
SandraG wrote:
I would use moisturizer until you get a gel. Astro glide and KY jelly??? Sorry, but that's nuts! That is not for your face!! I would only use a gel that is specifically for your face.

Until then, moisturizer layed on thick. That's what the instuctions for the derma wand say, so I would do that.

I think if something is safe enough to use inside a mucus membrane like the vagina, then it is perfectly safe to use on the face. That said, I'd think it's better not to use the warming ones but just the plain old medical ones

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:04 am      Reply with quote
hi emilyruth! did you use your facemate with KY?! How did it go?

How are you liking your new toy?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Just checking but KY is fine to use ...even the military recommends it!

http://www.operationalmedicine.org/ed2/Enhanced/MedicalSupport.htm
Medical Support of Women in Military Environments

Reading up on it (see how I am cleverly avoiding my stats homework!) it seems that you can use anything water based, even spit, sweat or water to act as a conductant. I have no idea how effective oils are as a conductant, but I would guess less effective than water so it may actually be nuts to use a moisturiser unless it is oil free rather than KY jelly! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
So really,there's no particular benefit to paying for a specific product to use with Ultrasound?

It'd be much more convenient if one could just use water or KY.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
looks like, but then conductive gel is pretty cheap anyway isn't it? Maybe even cheaper than KY?

5% products discount

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I ended up waiting to try my Facemate until I got the conducting gel, and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. I used it for 30 mins (with my kids and dogs staring at me) while watching TV and then followed with my cheapo Queen Helene Mint julep mask to rid my skin of any gunk the machine pulled out. I was very happy to see my skin looked less clogged and bumpy. Between this and my Clarisonic, I'm hoping to really get serious with these pores of mine. Now if I can just get my kids to stop laughing at me while I use all my toys, I'll be set.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Good job, emilyruth! I've heard it's a good
tool and that you can use it daily if need be.
Do you think it has a big enough head to use it on the body without it taking for ever? ( Like for cellulite? )
Did you buy it from ebay?

Guapa - I've never bought conductive gel. It just seemed neat to be able to use a product one would already have.
If one had it.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using mine on my face and tummy. Very Happy
emilyruth
5% products discount

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
It has a larger head that you can use on your body as well as the smaller facial one. I haven't tried it there yet, but just wait till the first time I try on a bathing suit. When I'm done shreiking in horror, I'm sure I'll be grabbing it and giving it a go. I got it on ebay for $119. and free shipping.
melvinismybear

Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
I'm using mine on my face and tummy. Very Happy

The following is an excerpt from skinspatula dot com/FAQs.htm

6. Why can't I feel your Ultrasonic Health & Beauty Devices get hot or vibrate during usage?

-We commonly encounter the following question at Tradeshows, "How come our ultrasound probes are not hot and the vibrations cannot be felt when one puts their skin against the surface?" The answer is simple; ultrasound waves do NOT generate heat or induce thermal changes at the surface (neither the skin nor the probes). The principle behind Ultrasound Therapy is that ultrasound waves penetrate the skin to warm the area underneath it to achieve its purpose (the depth of penetration is dependent on the intensity level of the probe, i.e. 1-3 MHz). Additionally, therapeutic ultrasound waves at the correct frequencies are only supposed to produce microcavitation/microvibration causing deep micro-heating locally, which is VERY rarely felt by the client/patient. Additionally, the physical effects of both microcavitation/microvibration are not generally perceptible to touch either. Therefore, ultrasound probes that are noticeably hot and/or vibrate are definite signs that the energy output level is too strong and thus will not provide beneficial results. Unfortunately, this is the case all too often as most of the less expensive ultrasonic devices currently available in the marketplace (commonly manufactured in China) fall into this category. If a burning sensation or pain occurs during or after a treatment using an ultrasound probe, immediately stop using the device because the device has not been calibrated correctly and is not within the FDA safety guidelines. It is important when shopping for an ultrasound device, to make sure that the distributor knows the exact specifications of their products.

Additionally, NEVER use the 1 MHZ ultrasound on your face area. It is too powerful (short wavelength is more powerful than longer wavelengths such as 2 and 3 MHZ)

Using the 1 MHZ on facial areas may damage the facial nerves!!!!
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone else have any positive results with KY Jelly or any alternative product to conductivity gel?
Baberuth

Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Many of you are talking about conductive gel, I'm wondering do they all do the same job as I would like to know if I can use it with my HoMedics Newa device.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Since these devices can help with penetration of actives, I use a water-based gel that has HA and other skin-friendly ingreds to optimize my time spent with it:

http://myfawnie.bigcartel.com/product/hyaluronic-acid-ultrasound-gel-30-grams

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |