Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Candida Recovery - here goes!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I have never tried Kombucha tea before and am looking forward to making some this weekend. Do you have a recipe for large batches that you can share? I have given up on taking fiber pills for more than a year now (you name it, I think I've tried it). The Fiber 1 cereal completely out-performs the pills (for me at least) and provides around 75% of my daily fiber in one serving (I eat 3/4's of a cup which contains 21g/fiber). It's also great when you're hungry but don't want a lot of calories.

I'll have to look into that book you mentioned! My recipe for kombucha is:

One scoby - the fatter the better
Starter kombucha (scoby should be in this)
2 pints distilled water
1.5 cups white sugar
6-8 tsp. tea of choice

Bring to boil water, turn off once boils. Add sugar and once dissolved, add tea to steep for about 6 minutes or so.

I keep my pot covered so no bugs can get it and then let the tea come to room temperature. Once so, I add it to a large glass jar (sun tea jars are great for this and usually have a spigot), add the starter liquid and the scoby and finally, cover with a muslin cloth sealed with a rubber band. I then put it in a cabinet that is not opened often and allow it to age for 8-9 days. You can test at 7 by inserting a straw to taste. It should be fizzy but not too sweet as this is a sign that it's not ready. If you PM your email, I will send you a document I have that outlines all the details for your reference. I now make about 3 quarts at a time and will make an additional gallon next time. This will allow me to have plenty so I can drink it any time I want. Right now, I take about 3-4 oz. in the morning but want to do this 2x/day. My scoby is already splitting so this shouldn't be a problem.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Yowza! I received my bio-alternatives order and just tried the OoO - holy shite, it tastes like CRAP! Laughing I can imagine it'll kill off any and all bacteria because it darn near killed my taste buds! All kidding aside, I'd recommend chasing it with something else to wash away the taste but I do plan to take it 2x a day to see how it assists with cleansing. Will report back.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass, thanks for the cereal recommendation. I was unable to find the exact brand but did find something comparable and it contains the same fiber gram/no sugar, etc. One cup of that stuff is my whole day's fiber! It doesn't taste bad, either; however, it has aspertame, which I'm not thrilled about. It must be very limited because it's not sweet at all. This morning, I added 6 or so blueberries for some sweet surprises. I am largely avoiding fruit but figure a little bit here and there is not going to be a problem.

Regarding the OoO, nothing yet noticeable to report but I'm sure it's doing its job. I've figured out when/where to take it as it is horrible tasting! So, I take 4 drops 2x/day and do so right before I take a Threelac because this seems to downplay the taste of the OoO significantly. Then, I wash it all down with water and I'm fine. I tried drinking something right after the OoO and it made the taste linger. Ugh. So, if you have it and the Threelac, try this.

Nothing much else to report except I'm sleeping very well (deeply) these days and actually waking up semi-rested. I normally want to take a nap in the afternoon and while the feeling is still there, I don't seem as apt to fall into a deep sleep anymore (crossing fingers), if I lay down. It seems to pass quickly. I can't wait until my Greens+ Energy gets here! Smile

ETA: Okay! The digestive system is really kicking into high gear and I'm thrilled with this. The fiber cereal is a great idea for those looking to add more to their diet in an easy fashion. A note about the OoO, I am getting the capsules as I don't know, if I can stand to forever take the oil; it's just too strong tasting. However, I will continue to use it for topical use so it doesn't go to waste. On this note, I am (knock on wood) actually feeling better - more clarity, a bit less losing my thoughts, etc. but am still not where I want to be energy-wise, of course. I do see some improvement as I no longer seem to be able to take naps but have been getting really good sleep the last two nights. This is great! I'm also picking up Dr. Ingram's book and read good reviews on Amazon (thanks, ScotsLass, again - and again).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Another excellent thread here at EDS!

I ordered the Oreganol gel caps and am looking into getting the Greens+ and the MiVitality pre-probiotic powder.

Laughing This place always costs me $$$$$ Very Happy but I'm worth it!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Yowza! I received my bio-alternatives order and just tried the OoO - holy shite, it tastes like CRAP! Laughing I can imagine it'll kill off any and all bacteria because it darn near killed my taste buds! All kidding aside, I'd recommend chasing it with something else to wash away the taste but I do plan to take it 2x a day to see how it assists with cleansing. Will report back.

Hi Tricia,

Is your OoO the 93% cervacrol one? I want to get that one after I'm done with the 85% strength. I am now diagnosed with fungal infection, and they're doing a culture of my skin, but it might take 4 weeks to know which fungus is overgrowing on my skin. Sad I am very interested to know what you think of your OoO.

Are you planning to do the saliva test again soon?

Thank you.
C
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Hi Tricia,

Is your OoO the 93% cervacrol one? I want to get that one after I'm done with the 85% strength. I am now diagnosed with fungal infection, and they're doing a culture of my skin, but it might take 4 weeks to know which fungus is overgrowing on my skin. Sad I am very interested to know what you think of your OoO.

Are you planning to do the saliva test again soon?

Thank you.
C

Yes, Cherisse. It is. So far, it seems to be helping along, I am assuming, with the Threelac and Active Enzymes. You can still use it topically so I think the OoO that you have now would be a good thing to try to combat the skin fungus that you currently have. So far so good!

ETA: re: the saliva test, I will do this, if I can remember but I'm certain that things are not right as rain and won't be for at least a few months.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass - Sorry I'm just now posting back but I just got back in from out of town. In regards to the diaper rash I mentioned, I ended up buying the Boudreaux's Butt Paste since it contained boric acid which is what has been SO helpful to me before. And yes, I had horrible redness between the cheek area and it was about 3 inches wide, 4-5 inches long so I was in bad shape. The butt paste seems to have taken care of it as I haven't had any more itching/pain.

I should mention here that not only do I have these yeast problems, I also have hemmorhoid problems Embarassed which just aggravate the situation even more. I've been treated about a year ago for them (IR laser) but since I've had so many digestive issues over the last year(IBS) they are back. This time I'm trying get them to heal naturally by increasing fiber/mineral oil and getting things to flow a bit more smoothly (sorry to be gross!). I think the reason the "diaper rash" ended up getting so out of control was because I recently started using baby wipes and wasn't letting it dry fully. This just allowed the yeast to take over. My doctor said that we should never use dry toilet paper as it is too harsh on our tooshies. So when I start having these problems I try to only use these.

Scally - Glad to hear things are going well for you! If you think the OoO really helps, let me know and I'll plan to add it to my routine as well. So far I haven't really turned a corner, but I expect to be symptomatic for at least the first month.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Yowza! I received my bio-alternatives order and just tried the OoO - holy shite, it tastes like CRAP! Laughing I can imagine it'll kill off any and all bacteria because it darn near killed my taste buds! ...

scalawaggirl wrote:
ScotsLass, thanks for the cereal recommendation. I was unable to find the exact brand but did find something comparable and it contains the same fiber gram/no sugar, etc. One cup of that stuff is my whole day's fiber! ...

Regarding the OoO, nothing yet noticeable to report but I'm sure it's doing its job. I've figured out when/where to take it as it is horrible tasting! So, I take 4 drops 2x/day and do so right before I take a Threelac because this seems to downplay the taste of the OoO significantly. Then, I wash it all down with water and I'm fine. I tried drinking something right after the OoO and it made the taste linger. Ugh. So, if you have it and the Threelac, try this. ...

Scally, not sure if you've thought of this, but you can get empty gelatin capsules at the health food store to fill with your own "goodies" (or in your case with the OoO, "baddies"!). Maybe if you put your dosage of the OoO in the gelatin capsules, popped the capsule together and swallowed that bad boy immediately, you'd be able to continue taking the OoO you already have without having to taste it or incurring the expense of purchasing it in another form?

Also, please do tell the brand of fiber cereal you were able to find. Since we're both in the U.S. and Scotslass is in Canada, maybe I'd be able to find the same one you got?
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:29 am      Reply with quote
[quote="scalawaggirl"]ScotsLass, thanks for the cereal recommendation. I was unable to find the exact brand but did find something comparable and it contains the same fiber gram/no sugar, etc. One cup of that stuff is my whole day's fiber! It doesn't taste bad, either; however, it has aspertame, which I'm not thrilled about. It must be very limited because it's not sweet at all. This morning, I added 6 or so blueberries for some sweet surprises. I am largely avoiding fruit but figure a little bit here and there is not going to be a problem.

Regarding the OoO, nothing yet noticeable to report but I'm sure it's doing its job. I've figured out when/where to take it as it is horrible tasting! So, I take 4 drops 2x/day and do so right before I take a Threelac because this seems to downplay the taste of the OoO significantly. Then, I wash it all down with water and I'm fine. I tried drinking something right after the OoO and it made the taste linger. Ugh. So, if you have it and the Threelac, try this.

Oh my god it's vile isn't it?!!!
I just received my OoO this morning, was very excited, followed the instructions, four drops under tongue and : I gagged. A little bit dribbled down my throat and I really thought I was going to be sick. I have a high threshold when it comes to things tasting horrid, but this was something else. I wasn't sure if I could was it down with liquid, but since you can, I'll try it like that from now on. It was the initial taste I couldn't handle, the after taste wasn't too bad.
P

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Good idea on the gel caps, Mermaid Girl. That could be an option and I'll look for them next time I'm at the HFS. Fortunately, the oil can be used topically so it won't go to waste as I will be able to use it for many things.

Preenie, when taking the oil and you put the drops under your tongue...do not swallow for a minute, if possible. I tried this today and they seemed to absorb and the taste was significantly reduced. After that, then I took my Threelac and my vitamin/mineral juice is next but it's WAY better than swallowing it because it truly is vile. However, even if I had to continue tasting it, I'd still take it because I've started to notice very positive changes. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:13 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Good idea on the gel caps, Mermaid Girl. That could be an option and I'll look for them next time I'm at the HFS. Fortunately, the oil can be used topically so it won't go to waste as I will be able to use it for many things.

Preenie, when taking the oil and you put the drops under your tongue...do not swallow for a minute, if possible. I tried this today and they seemed to absorb and the taste was significantly reduced. After that, then I took my Threelac and my vitamin/mineral juice is next but it's WAY better than swallowing it because it truly is vile. However, even if I had to continue tasting it, I'd still take it because I've started to notice very positive changes. Wink

Yeah, I did do that, but some escaped! I'm sure I'll get used to it.
what do you use it for topically?
P

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:21 am      Reply with quote
preenie wrote:

Yeah, I did do that, but some escaped! I'm sure I'll get used to it.
what do you use it for topically?
P

Right now, any issue that seems to warrant it. I'm trying it out on my little toe nail that's never been "right", for example. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Tricia, thanks for letting us know about the tricks to make the OoO more palatable if there's such a thing. LOL Yes, I agree it tastes yucky. Mine was only 85% cervacrol and it burned bad. Yours must be worse.

Please keep us posted! Thank you.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
One scoby - the fatter the better
Starter kombucha (scoby should be in this)
2 pints distilled water
1.5 cups white sugar
6-8 tsp. tea of choice

Bring to boil water, turn off once boils. Add sugar and once dissolved, add tea to steep for about 6 minutes or so.

I keep my pot covered so no bugs can get it and then let the tea come to room temperature. Once so, I add it to a large glass jar (sun tea jars are great for this and usually have a spigot), add the starter liquid and the scoby and finally, cover with a muslin cloth sealed with a rubber band. I then put it in a cabinet that is not opened often and allow it to age for 8-9 days. You can test at 7 by inserting a straw to taste. It should be fizzy but not too sweet as this is a sign that it's not ready. If you PM your email, I will send you a document I have that outlines all the details for your reference. I now make about 3 quarts at a time and will make an additional gallon next time. This will allow me to have plenty so I can drink it any time I want. Right now, I take about 3-4 oz. in the morning but want to do this 2x/day. My scoby is already splitting so this shouldn't be a problem.

Scally - Thanks so much for the recipe!!! I've been away for the weekend and did not have an opportunity to make any, but will try it this week.

Very glad to know you found a fiber cereal substitute in your area. Isn't it amazing how effective some extra fiber is on your system?!!! As I said earlier, I've totally given up on fiber pills because the cereal out-performs them all! Sorry you didn't find the exact brand I suggested. I called General Mills at 1-800-767-5350 and asked them if they sold the "Fibre 1" brand in the US and was told they do. I'm not certain if this info is accurate (the GM customer service line is lacking in knowledge, IMO). However, it may be worth it to you or MermaidGirl to give them a call. They said they can enter your zip codes into their system and locate a store near you that carries it. Note: make sure you spell "Fibre" out for these folks too - it's very easy to accidentally spell this cereal name incorrectly. BTW, this stuff also contain a very small amount of Sucralose (1.8 mg). I try my damnest not to buy anything with Aspartame - as you know, it's loaded with nasty/harmful chemicals.

Like yourself, I also love to add fruit to the Fibre 1 - this definitely perks up the flavor. I've also been experimenting with low-fat soy milk flavors when I'm trying to switch things up a bit. If you're interested, I have a few muffin and snack bar recipes using Fibre 1 as the base. These recipes do call for Splenda Brown Sugar though - the goal is to keep everything as low in cal's, fat and sugar as possible. Smile

Now that you're started taking OoO and are noticing results, I think you'll find Dr. Ingram's book very beneficial. The book contains some very useful information and protocols to follow depending on what you're treating. I'm looking forward to following your impressions and results using OoO in the days & weeks to come. Your trick of holding the oil under your tongue (or swishing it under there) also helps to quickly absorb the oil into your system. Maybe the enzymes from your saliva are diluting the harshness of the flavor when you hold it in your mouth(?). Hey, whatever works, right!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
ScotsLass - Sorry I'm just now posting back but I just got back in from out of town. In regards to the diaper rash I mentioned, I ended up buying the Boudreaux's Butt Paste since it contained boric acid which is what has been SO helpful to me before. And yes, I had horrible redness between the cheek area and it was about 3 inches wide, 4-5 inches long so I was in bad shape. The butt paste seems to have taken care of it as I haven't had any more itching/pain.

I should mention here that not only do I have these yeast problems, I also have hemmorhoid problems Embarassed which just aggravate the situation even more. I've been treated about a year ago for them (IR laser) but since I've had so many digestive issues over the last year(IBS) they are back. This time I'm trying get them to heal naturally by increasing fiber/mineral oil and getting things to flow a bit more smoothly (sorry to be gross!). I think the reason the "diaper rash" ended up getting so out of control was because I recently started using baby wipes and wasn't letting it dry fully. This just allowed the yeast to take over. My doctor said that we should never use dry toilet paper as it is too harsh on our tooshies. So when I start having these problems I try to only use these.

Hi TAM - I've been away myself this weekend and am only now catching up. Though I do not suffer from vaginal yeast infections I have experienced the rash you are describing on my backside. Nothing I put on it would totally stop the itch or inflamation and over time the outbreaks increased. I finally gave in and went to my Derm who took one look at it and immediately diagnosed it as a fungal/yeast rash. He precribed a special anti-fungal cream that contains two active ingredients: Clotrimaderm & Elocom (I believe he combined these two actives to see what would happen). Well, this stuff is short of miraculous, I tell ya!!! No matter how severe the rash is, within 24-48 hours of applying this cream EVERYTHING vanishes. It also provides instant relief from any pain and itch. The other interesting thing I noticed since I began using this cream in 2000 is I can go a few years now and have zero outbreaks (this problem began in 1999 for me). At most, I may have a mild rash once a year. I cannot comment on your hemmoroid problem other than to say the fungal rash on top of it must be horrifically uncomforable!!! <big hugs are being sent your way for the pain this must be causing you>

I also tried the baby wipes and sitz baths and every potion/lotion out there but nothing I did would cure this rash the same way the cream from the Derm did. This is not to say it wouldn't eventually go away prior to starting with this cream - it did. But without this cream the time-frame between outbreaks was less and less and each time it came back it seemed to get worse. Anyway, I thought I would mention my own experience to you in case you had not thought to go to a Derm as a treatment option. You may not even realize that what you have going on down there is a separate fungal/yeast infection that is manifesting as the rash - I know for damn sure that I didn't suspect this as the cause at all! HTH's...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I know what you mean about catching up ScotsLass, I felt bad for not getting back to you on Friday but I also went out of town. Laughing I will definitely talk to my OBGyn/derm about this cream if it continues. The first time I went to my OBGyn with this, he wasn't sure what to make of it. He assumed it was yeast though but said it was an unusual yeast infection to be spread to that area like it was. I guess a derm would have been more helpful for that but I was having normal yeast infection problems so I went to him. Since I've only had it twice over a little over 1 year, I'm hoping that now I can keep it under control by making sure this area is always dry. That was the main problem for me with the baby wipes.

Scally - Could you comment on the positive effects you are having with the OoO? Inquiring minds want to know! Very Happy
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
<big hugs are being sent your way for the pain this must be causing you>

I forgot to thank you for the hugs! You are too sweet and have just been SO helpful to all of us with your fantastic advice and awesome research. BIG HUGS back to you!!!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Scally - Thanks so much for the recipe!!! I've been away for the weekend and did not have an opportunity to make any, but will try it this week.

Very glad to know you found a fiber cereal substitute in your area. Isn't it amazing how effective some extra fiber is on your system?!!! ...If you're interested, I have a few muffin and snack bar recipes using Fibre 1 as the base. These recipes do call for Splenda Brown Sugar though - the goal is to keep everything as low in cal's, fat and sugar as possible. Smile

Now that you're started taking OoO and are noticing results, I think you'll find Dr. Ingram's book very beneficial. The book contains some very useful information and protocols to follow depending on what you're treating. I'm looking forward to following your impressions and results using OoO in the days & weeks to come. Your trick of holding the oil under your tongue (or swishing it under there) also helps to quickly absorb the oil into your system. Maybe the enzymes from your saliva are diluting the harshness of the flavor when you hold it in your mouth(?). Hey, whatever works, right!!!

Scots, thanks for the phone # to check on that cereal. I'll probably forego a too-involved search since the one I found seems to be a clone of the Fiber 1; however, I will be keeping that on my list of things to find as I check out other stores. The fruit just gives it a nice little treat but it's certainly tasty enough and you are RIGHT, this works 1,000x better than fiber pills! I am very much interested in your recipes! PM me, please and I'll send you my email so you can get that kombucha document, I mentioned.

I took my 2nd daily dose of OoO tonight in the same way - just let it sit under my tongue and didn't swallow for awhile. It really make a huge difference as gulping it down affected everything I drank and ate for quite some time. It also gave me heartburn! Now, I am not bothered at all so definitely suggest leaving it there without swallowing as long as you can wait. Tam, as to the benefits I'm feeling - I can't say for absolutely certain it's the OoO but I am assuming so since I started noticing these things about 4 days after beginning to use it:

-Sleeping deeply and through the night; if I am awakened, I fall right back to sleep and wake up without my alarm clock even earlier than I normally would. I am feeling fairly decent though I am not normally a morning person - this hasn't changed but I'm feeling better after I wake up. Historically, I slept "deeply" but it wasn't actually restful so there is a big change in just that.

-I am able to focus more. This is weird but I often found myself shifting off in my thoughts in a sort of day dream state or losing my focus when I needed to get things done. Now, I can work through something or get myself motivated easier. It's not perfect, by any means, but far improved even now.

-Usually, at about 3-4 pm, I am really tired. If I was able on the weekends, especially, I'd take a nap and fall very deeply asleep. Once I awoke, I'd have to eat something with sugar (apple, ice cream or whatever) because my blood sugar was all out of whack. Now, while I still get a bit tired, it is nothing like before and I am not seemingly able to nap much now. I actually tried on Saturday and just ended up watching TV so that was a first. Come to think of it, I did take a short nap on Sunday but it didn't last long like before (usually 2-2.5 hours was the average) and I did not wake up all sugar-deprived. It was more like a lazy day nap, not like I HAD to sleep.

-I started my period yesterday and normally, I get very, very painful cramps the day of and into the next day - so that I have to put a heating pad on my tummy. It also makes me quite nauseous. I have had hardly any discomfort this time, which is amazing! I even ordered some Clary Sage recently just to help with this and now, I'm not sure I'll need it. Smile I am sure, though, I'll find another use for it, if the cramps stay gone.

Like I said, I can't say for certain that this is just the OoO but I'm sure it's helping the candida situation. Since I am on the Threelac program (taking 3x/day), I think they are both working and perhaps, the OoO has kicked things up a notch. The addition of the fiber cereal has absolutely helped and it is also likely that the toxins are readily moving out now as it was not possible while my system was blocked. I'm actually thrilled because I'm feeling some improvements. God help me when I do get the Greens+ Energy! ScotsLass is right that the timing is going to work out well because I think my body needs to take some time getting back in order. I'm heading off to bed early as I feel like I need to sleep and get some restorative time in while I can. I have missed so much due to stress from travel/work that I need to catch up where I can.

Hope this helps,
Tricia

P.S. MermaidGirl, the brand I found is a Giant store brand. Check on the top shelf in the cereal section and look around the General Mills area (mine was far right). I looked at anything that seemed fiber-rich and then compared the fiber. Most were FAR below 14g per 1/2 cup serving (like 3-4g on average) so since the daily rec is 25g, 1 cup of this stuff is your whole dose in one shot! It's super easy to eat, as well. I'm going to make sure to get some when I visit my husband because his coffee "assistance" does nothing for me as I can't drink much of the stuff and certainly not at the strength he does. Yikes. Now, I am on a mission. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Scally for the info on the cereal. I actually think, however, that I've seen Fibre 1 in my market, so I'll look for that, but I will be taking your note on what to look for in a fiber cereal with me to the store just in case they don't have F1 in stock.

Ok, now that you've given details on your sleep issues, I'm POSITIVE we were separated at birth! You are describing my exact sleep problems. Those naps where you feel like you've died and are trying to come back from a coma are the WORST!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thank you all for sharing information and experiences! I have learned so much and now realize that I must take a different approach to my candida issues... the probiotic supps just aren't doing the trick alone. Honestly, I've been quite interested in taking more action for years but haven't b/c I haven't known where to begin and what brands/methods to trust. I start to research it and then get side tracked and distracted by other stuff going on in my life. However, Candidastat supplements were effective for me quite a few years ago but I tried them again a year ago and it didn't seem to work like it did before (probably b/c my candida was minor when it worked before and now the candida is much more intense). I definitely have to take action now. I also have a history of being on antibiotics for acne during high school and off and on until about 2 years ago. (2 years ago I insisted to my derm that I not take them anymore b/c I don't like the idea of being on antibiotics long term (Rolling Eyes ain't that typical of modern medicine to just throw antibiotics at your acne problems).

I have a couple of questions for you, scally. What brands of L-Glutamine, Amino Acids and MSM do you use? Where do you get them? Can you describe the flavor of your kombucha tea that you make? Is is OK or is plug-your-nose-and-gulp bad tasting?

Everyone else...
How did you learn about the spit test?
Where are you ordering your OoO from?

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:13 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Thanks Scally for the info on the cereal. I actually think, however, that I've seen Fibre 1 in my market, so I'll look for that, but I will be taking your note on what to look for in a fiber cereal with me to the store just in case they don't have F1 in stock.

Ok, now that you've given details on your sleep issues, I'm POSITIVE we were separated at birth! You are describing my exact sleep problems. Those naps where you feel like you've died and are trying to come back from a coma are the WORST!

You're welcome, my dear. I'd grab the Fiber 1, if I could find it! As an update, guess what? I had major insomnia last night! I think the OoO, in addition to the other benefits, is starting a big detox so others, be careful. I am already taking a lot for detoxing and my biggest problem was getting the stuff OUT. Since that has since been resolved but just a few days ago, I'm going to increase the water even more because I think that there's a lot of die-off going on. The reason I noticed this is that I've had some spots show up on my body in weird places (side of arm, top of leg, etc.) and was certain that was a side effect of detoxing. The strange part is that my back is staying clear and that's where I normally have the biggest issues! There are only 1-2 very small spots on my back right now so it's really improved.

Quote:
I have a couple of questions for you, scally. What brands of L-Glutamine, Amino Acids and MSM do you use? Where do you get them? Can you describe the flavor of your kombucha tea that you make? Is is OK or is plug-your-nose-and-gulp bad tasting?

Everyone else...
How did you learn about the spit test?
Where are you ordering your OoO from?

I buy my supplements primarily from Vitacost.com and access it through ebates.com (you get cash rebates for shopping through them and it does work). The brand of L-Glutamine is NSI and I buy the 3 lb. container so it lasts a long time. For the amino acids (called anti-anxiety blend), MSM and OoO, I buy them fromwww.bio-alternatives.com. They have really good prices and the quality has been great. Now, as to my kombucha, it is actually quite delicious! I brew it as noted by the recipe above and let it sit for 8-9 days (taste test with a straw at day 8, usually). Then, I bottle it in snap-top grolsch bottles (brown with attached metal/sealing lid), add a small fruit (raspberry or slice of ginger) and set them on the counter. I never fill the bottles all the way up and if I ever have a lot, I periodically open them to allow the gas to leave and then close them back up. It tastes like sparkling cider, actually, and sitting on the counter with a small piece of fruit further ferments the brew so it is really sparkly. I actually love my kombucha tea. Smile Oh, and I use a mix of black and raspberry teas. Anyone can PM their email address and I will send you a Word document I received from a lovely lady in England that outlines the recipe and all about kombucha. I had all the supplies because I brewed it before so definitely recommend getting bottles, etc. There's a good group on Yahoo called original_kombucha@yahoo.groups and I definitely recommend checking that out. I receive a daily digest of posts, which is normally full of good information.

On another note, I put the OoO on a few of those spots and they are improving. I also put it on my two little toe nails that have always been wonky. I'll let everyone know how the test fares. Also, I am perfecting my OoO intake method. I put the drops in while watching in the mirror - I know, a bit strange, but I know exactly where they are going. Then, I push my tongue down to sort of "hold" everything in place for a minute. It really makes all the difference in the world! You can still taste it (sort of) but only as it was for the aftertaste, as Preenie described. The original "Ahhhck" is gone. Smile Oh, and ANOTHER thing is that my menstrual pain continues to be held at bay AND it's allergy time for me again. While I have sneezed about 5-6 times the last 3 days, I have not had any major sinus headaches as is my normal experience. In fact, this morning, I can feel my sinuses trying to swell up but they are not succeeding. I think the OoO is helping with that. When I get my book, ScotsLass by Charles Ingram, I will see what other ways I can use it. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I know what you mean about catching up ScotsLass, I felt bad for not getting back to you on Friday but I also went out of town. Laughing I will definitely talk to my OBGyn/derm about this cream if it continues. The first time I went to my OBGyn with this, he wasn't sure what to make of it. He assumed it was yeast though but said it was an unusual yeast infection to be spread to that area like it was. I guess a derm would have been more helpful for that but I was having normal yeast infection problems so I went to him. Since I've only had it twice over a little over 1 year, I'm hoping that now I can keep it under control by making sure this area is always dry. That was the main problem for me with the baby wipes.

Scally - Could you comment on the positive effects you are having with the OoO? Inquiring minds want to know! Very Happy

Hey TAMgirl! I, too, went to my GP and my Gyno about the rash and neither one could determine what it was. My GP suspected yeast and told me not to wear any type of panty-liner or maxi-pad with a plastic weave because this type of material does not act as a moisture-barrier and can actually transfer microbes, etc., from the front to the back (or vice-versa). She recommended pads that have a cotton weave as they will keep your skin drier and are less likely to allow anything to pass back and forth. I have followed her advice ever since and I am certain this has made a difference (my skin feels drier which is very important). Sadly, this alone did not cure the initial rash problem. It was actually a conversation with my mother that led me to the Derm's office. She somehow convinced me to give him a try as my Derm is an expert in indentifying every type of rash imaginable. In my mothers words, "he has seen it all!" - LOL! Embarrassed as I was (he'd seen a lot of me before but never this much Embarassed ), I bit the bullet and made the appt. The entire process was remarkably fast - my Derm seemed to know immediately what he was looking at the moment he saw the rash, which was quite surprising. Weirder yet was when I realized I was in and out of his office with a presciption in hand within 15 minutes. This was a very different experience from the GP and Gyno who stood and stared and pondered, only to do nothing in the end! Rolling Eyes

It sounds as if you are having much more success with your current treatment methods than I did with my own several years ago - which is great! My fingers are firmly crossed for you that this will be the last bout of yeast/rash problems you'll ever have to deal with. For all we know the rash may be a detox symptom due to the Threelac program you've begun and you are closer to banishing this thing from your body than we realise (nothing beats the power of positive thinking!!!).

Quote:
I forgot to thank you for the hugs! You are too sweet and have just been SO helpful to all of us with your fantastic advice and awesome research. BIG HUGS back to you!!!

You are very welcome, TAMgirl! I doubt I would have wanted to disclose my own experience if it wasn't for you. So thank-you so much for sharing - it has helped me tremedously!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

I buy my supplements primarily from Vitacost.com and access it through ebates.com (you get cash rebates for shopping through them and it does work). The brand of L-Glutamine is NSI and I buy the 3 lb. container so it lasts a long time. For the amino acids (called anti-anxiety blend), MSM and OoO, I buy them fromwww.bio-alternatives.com. They have really good prices and the quality has been great. Now, as to my kombucha, it is actually quite delicious! I brew it as noted by the recipe above and let it sit for 8-9 days (taste test with a straw at day 8, usually). Then, I bottle it in snap-top grolsch bottles (brown with attached metal/sealing lid), add a small fruit (raspberry or slice of ginger) and set them on the counter. I never fill the bottles all the way up and if I ever have a lot, I periodically open them to allow the gas to leave and then close them back up. It tastes like sparkling cider, actually, and sitting on the counter with a small piece of fruit further ferments the brew so it is really sparkly. I actually love my kombucha tea. Smile Oh, and I use a mix of black and raspberry teas. Anyone can PM their email address and I will send you a Word document I received from a lovely lady in England that outlines the recipe and all about kombucha. I had all the supplies because I brewed it before so definitely recommend getting bottles, etc. There's a good group on Yahoo called original_kombucha@yahoo.groups and I definitely recommend checking that out. I receive a daily digest of posts, which is normally full of good information.

Thanks Smile I'll PM you soon to get that info. You know, when you describe your recipe/process, I experienced this "flashback" like memory of my dad making a similar tea when I was young. (I wonder if it was kombucha tea?) I'll have to ask him about it. When I was little I remember thinking "Ewww... what are you doing? You're actually going to drink that?"

I also order stuff from vitacost. I am familiar with NSI- that's the brand of MSM I am taking.

Also, I forgot to ask... where do you buy your beta glucans supplement?

Thanks again Wink

Btw, I am glad to hear you are feeling better allergy and menstrual pain wise.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Scots, thanks for the phone # to check on that cereal. I'll probably forego a too-involved search since the one I found seems to be a clone of the Fiber 1; however, I will be keeping that on my list of things to find as I check out other stores. The fruit just gives it a nice little treat but it's certainly tasty enough and you are RIGHT, this works 1,000x better than fiber pills! I am very much interested in your recipes! PM me, please and I'll send you my email so you can get that kombucha document, I mentioned.

Hi Tricia! I almost forgot that you have the option of sourcing Fibre 1 when you visit your DH in Montreal. You'll have to tell me how it compares in taste to the brand you buy in the US (which sounds identical). I swear to God, once you start eating this cereal you'll never want to be without it (even when you travel - LOL!). Oh, and you might want to look into (or stock up on) the rest of the Genuine Health products during your next visit to Canada. It might be a lot easier to pick-up your Greens+Extra Energy here and eliminate the entire shipping process (or have hubby send you care-packs when you run low Wink ).

Love reading about your results using OoO - I hope this thread becomes a journal of sorts so that everyone can keep abreast of the subtle and more pronounced effects OoO has had on your body and in fighting candida. Thanks so much for detailing your experience; I find all the info you share extremely helpful. Smile

I'll PM you right now with my email addy so we send each other our Word doc's.

~Lorraine~

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass - I know this is such an embarrasing problem that I was hesitant to get into it, but I'm SO glad we can share war stories! Laughing It's really helpful to me as well.

Scally - Yes, thank you for your detailed experience so far with the OoO. I might have to give it a shot if I feel I need a boost in another month or so.

I also wanted to tell everyone that I found the cereal ScotsLass is using at my local Target and I've seen it at most US groceries. It's called "Fiber One" here. Rolling Eyes I'm positive it is the same since it is made by General Mills. I didn't buy any because I've been supplementing with diet with psyllium husk powder daily. This stuff gives the colon a good scrubbing and helps to flush the toxins away. It was recommended in the Fast Track One-Day Detox program for this as well.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |