Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Candida Recovery - here goes!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 4:37 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
TAMgirl99 wrote:
TBy the way, what is "manuka" honey?

Hope you don't mind me chiming in here. Manuka honey is amazing stuff. I will be ordering some shortly to use for internal applications as well as topical.

Info:

http://bio.waikato.ac.nz/honey/special.shtml

http://www.umf.org.nz/Unique-Manuka-Factor.cfm

Scally- what brand do you use and what's the UMF rating? I have come to the conclusion that using a honey with at least an UMF 16+ is beneficial. When I first started researching it I was convinced that the higher the UMF, the better but I started learning that this isn't necessarily so. I have heard that Comvita and Honey NZ are reputable brands but I am going to be ordering mine from GoW when I order all of the other stuff I want to order. Markey of GoW says she supplies authentic, high quality active manuka honey that she and her family take when they are sick etc.

I use Healing Honey but it only has 10+ and I got it fromwww.synergy-co.com. It's almost time to reorder so I'll probably go with Markey's when I do since she's in the states and I've bought from her before.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I wonder how she'd take the BSO? Right now I'm giving her Robitussin as needed and she HATES that. Laughing It's cherry flavored but somehow she knows it's medicine!

Add it to her drinking water.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
I gave up long ago with trying to *kill* it. A gal at work in my youth gave me a book, The Yeast Connection. In my 20's I took Nystatin, this powder that was horrible along w/Paul d Arco tea. Over a year ago I tried another powder but it didn't really do it either. I watch what I eat but it will be with me for life. It was just too stressful. I do take Oregano oil caps but whether they kill it or not, the jury is out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Where, oh where have my Candida girls gone? Oh, where oh where can they be? I just wanted to drop by for another confirmation update. The night schedule of probiotics is working very well and I am thrilled, absolutely thrilled, with the black cumin seed oil - it's outstanding!

I am taking either 1 tsp. or 3 tabs 3x/day w/meals and have had a 95% reduction in allergy symptoms even with the high pollen counts lately (zero allergy tabs) and my windows have been open. My sugar cravings have diminished to almost zip, my mind has been clearer with more ability to focus, and I've experienced a calm energy that is prolonged throughout the day but I am able to sleep deeply. It is my new favorite supplement up there with MSM and I just ordered another bottle (16 oz. this time), which I will always have on hand. It is wonderful, wonderful stuff. I recommend picking up the book "The Healing Power of Black Cumin" by Sylvia Luetjohann. It's an excellent reference (posted all this in another thread and thought it wise to update here, as well). The OoO is quietly working its killing magic, as well. I take it along with the BSO with meals.

ScotsLass, I have not heard back from the Canada Superstore place where I purchased the Proteins+ and Greens+Energy but I did receive my Greens+ from eBay so I have some on hand. I need to get my paws on the Proteins+, though, but am not sure how to get a hold of the site since I've left two messages for them already with no response. I think they can't send the Greens+ so I want them to substitute another Proteins+. Ah, well, I'll have to work that out. Right now, I'm taking 1/2 scoop in the morning with my supps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
:puts cumin seed oil on list: Laughing

A little off topic. I was reading about taking MSM every 12 hours. What if a person only takes it in the moring?
Do you take it twice daily, Scally? Smile
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
red77 wrote:
:puts cumin seed oil on list: Laughing

A little off topic. I was reading about taking MSM every 12 hours. What if a person only takes it in the moring?
Do you take it twice daily, Scally? Smile

Hey! It only stays in the body for about 12 hours (like Vitamin C and Calcium) so I do take it twice a day in powder form along with Vit C/Calcium. I split my doses (all powder) and store them in little dram cylinders with snap-on lids. One for the morning taken with my Greens+Energy and one at night with a scant amount of juice - drink with a straw for maximum intake time. Smile My multi-vitamin, krill oil, digestive enzyme are in pill form so I take them in the morning and do take OoO and BCSO in pill form when traveling.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Am I getting much benefit by only taking it once in the morning? I quess my question is, is it imperative that you take it twice daily? Thank you for taking the time to reply Smile
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

ScotsLass, I have not heard back from the Canada Superstore place where I purchased the Proteins+ and Greens+Energy but I did receive my Greens+ from eBay so I have some on hand. I need to get my paws on the Proteins+, though, but am not sure how to get a hold of the site since I've left two messages for them already with no response. I think they can't send the Greens+ so I want them to substitute another Proteins+. Ah, well, I'll have to work that out. Right now, I'm taking 1/2 scoop in the morning with my supps.

Why can't the Canada Superstore site not send the greens+ to you? I tried going back over your posts on this thread but I can't find where you talk about it. Is this the site?: http://www.canadadrugsuperstore.com/more.asp?ProductID=69025 Which ebay website did you order your greens+ from?

Thanks for keeping us updated!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
While we're on the subject of supps and such, what multi-vitamins do y'all take? I am currently shopping for another one and am hoping some of you have some recommendations. Smile

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 12:24 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:

I was looking at the BioAlt site Scalawaggirl suggested but the OoO is in a diluted base - does that make a difference for potency? There are a few sites out there carrying undiluted and certified 85% for a range of prices, from $20 for 1oz to $45 for 1/2 oz and they all claim to be certified wild/organic...

miranets- did you ever receive an answer or find anymore info about BioAlt's diluted base compared to other undiluted OoO products?

I was getting ready to order BioAlt's and then I read this and thought "Uh-oh" and now I am not sure what to do. Confused

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

----------------
ETA:
Would one of you Greens+ users mind posting its ingredients? I can't seem to find it online anywhere. (I thought ingredients had to be posted?)

ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
ETA:
Would one of you Greens+ users mind posting its ingredients? I can't seem to find it online anywhere. (I thought ingredients had to be posted?)

Hi amnis - Here is a link to the Genuine Health website; the makers of the Greens+Extra Energy powder that Scally and I take. All of the product ingredients are listed for each Greens+ product here (click on The Formula button located on the left side of every product page). HTH's... wave

http://www.genuinehealth.com/english/pbn/index.php?id=37&section=158

ETA: Apparently there is an ingredient in the Greens+ products that prohibits them from shipping into the United States. This is why the ordering status of the online Canadian pharmacy is questionable. Though they list the Greens+ products for sale on their site, they technically are not permitted to ship them out of the country. This is why I believe Scally has not received her order from them yet...legally they are not allowed to process it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
While we're on the subject of supps and such, what multi-vitamins do y'all take? I am currently shopping for another one and am hoping some of you have some recommendations. Smile

It should be no surprise that my favorite multi-vitamins are made by Genuine Health. The one I am currently on and loving is the Multi+DailyJoy. It has everything that a good multi requires as well as extra vitamin boosters that help control stress, mood and carbohydrate cravings. It's only been a few weeks but so far I am really liking it. In the past I was taking the regular Multi by Genuine Health and again love this vitamin. This company produces high quality health products so you will not go wrong with anything you try from them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Where, oh where have my Candida girls gone? Oh, where oh where can they be? I just wanted to drop by for another confirmation update. The night schedule of probiotics is working very well and I am thrilled, absolutely thrilled, with the black cumin seed oil - it's outstanding!

I am taking either 1 tsp. or 3 tabs 3x/day w/meals and have had a 95% reduction in allergy symptoms even with the high pollen counts lately (zero allergy tabs) and my windows have been open. My sugar cravings have diminished to almost zip, my mind has been clearer with more ability to focus, and I've experienced a calm energy that is prolonged throughout the day but I am able to sleep deeply. It is my new favorite supplement up there with MSM and I just ordered another bottle (16 oz. this time), which I will always have on hand. It is wonderful, wonderful stuff. I recommend picking up the book "The Healing Power of Black Cumin" by Sylvia Luetjohann. It's an excellent reference (posted all this in another thread and thought it wise to update here, as well). The OoO is quietly working its killing magic, as well. I take it along with the BSO with meals.

Hey Scally!!! I am so happy to hear that you have made tremendous progression with your current anti-candida regime. The oils we have discussed indepth here are so amazing that everyone on the planet should try them for themselves!!!

I'm not surprised to hear that you have not received your Green+ powder from the online Cdn pharmacy, but I am alarmed that they haven't contacted you back!!! Neutral This is not good at all. I hope you resolve this or at least check your credit card and demand a refund if it's been charged. And you are always welcome to ask me for any help if you want a canister of Proteins+ sent down to you. I would be more than happy to forward you anything you need, so don't be shy! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
amnis wrote:
ETA:

Hi amnis - Here is a link to the Genuine Health website; the makers of the Greens+Extra Energy powder that Scally and I take. All of the product ingredients are listed for each Greens+ product here (click on The Formula button located on the left side of every product page). HTH's... wave

http://www.genuinehealth.com/english/pbn/index.php?id=37&section=158

ETA: Apparently there is an ingredient in the Greens+ products that prohibits them from shipping into the United States. This is why the ordering status of the online Canadian pharmacy is questionable. Though they list the Greens+ products for sale on their site, they technically are not permitted to ship them out of the country. This is why I believe Scally has not received her order from them yet...legally they are not allowed to process it!

Thanks ScotsLass. But when I visit their site, I cannot locate their Greens+. Confused

ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Did you use my link above? It takes me directly to the Greens+Extra Energy page when I click it. Odd that it doesn't do the same for you..? The Greens+ products are also listed under the 'Products by Name' menu that is located at the top of every page throughout the site. HTH's...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Did you use my link above? It takes me directly to the Greens+Extra Energy page when I click it. Odd that it doesn't do the same for you..? The Greens+ products are also listed under the 'Products by Name' menu that is located at the top of every page throughout the site. HTH's...

Yup, I clicked on your link but I am taken to their home page. And when I search under products for "greens" or "greens+" no results are found. I also looked under "all products" and it doesn't show up. I bet it's because I am visiting the site from the US. Which is strange! I should be able to see whatever anyone else sees even if they are in Canada.

Could you perhaps copy and paste their ingredients here? Pretty please? Image

ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 12:44 am      Reply with quote
Okay, amnis - how can I resist such sad puppy eyes - LOL!!! Here is the ingredient list for the Greens+ powder and the Greens+Extra Energy powder. Note that the Extra Energy version has all of the standard Greens+ ingredients in it as well as specific extra's listed below (under the heading Greens+Extra Energy - The Formula). Hope you have some spare time right now because this is a LONG read!!! Wink

Greens+ - The Formula

Phosphatide complex (26% phosphatidyl choline from 97% oil-free lecithin) 2171 mg
*In the brain, phosphatidyl choline is changed into actylcholine a compound essential for the transmission of messages from one nerve ending to another. In the intestinal tract, lecithin helps with the absorption of vitamins A and D, and other fat-soluble nutrients. In the bloodstream, lecithin may help prevent cholesterol and other fat from accumulating on the walls of the arteries.

Organic barley, alfalfa, and wheat grass & red beet powders 1543 mg
Each of these three grasses contain high levels of chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is one of the finest blood builders and blood rejuvenators.
*Organic alfalfa is high in chlorophyll and is a well-documented colon cleanser, deodorizer and detoxifier. Alfalfa contains octacosanol, an energy extender, and is very alkalinizing.
*Barley is highly alkaline, providing stamina and is rich in enzymes, especially superoxide dismutase (SOD). According to recent research, the life span of humans and many mammals is directly proportional to the SOD content in the heart, brain and liver. It also has a purifying effect that enables the body to eliminate toxins.
*Wheat Grass contains only organic, field grown wheat grass sprouts that are free from the gluten and allergens found in mature wheat. The wheat grass powder made from these sprouts is a blood purifier and a cell-cleansing agent.
*Red beet is organically grown whole red beet powder has been used to facilitate digestion as well as stimulate the kidneys and lymphatic system.

Spirulina 1450 mg
*Spirulina is the most nutrient-rich of any blue-green algae. It's known as a "whole" food, since each cell is a complete organism, containing most of the nutrients necessary to sustain more evolved life forms. It is a potent source of beta-carotene, with ten times the concentration found in carrots. It contains many enzymes - catalysts for chemical changes in the body. It is also a terrific source of essential fatty acids.

Apple Fibre Powder 1033 mg
*Apple fibre helps to maintain intestinal balance. It cleanses the intestinal tract with its soluble and insoluble fibres.

Japanese Chlorella (cracked cell) 383 mg
*It is made up of 60% easily digested protein. It has nearly twice the protein of soy and 8 times that of rice, as well as an immense amount of chlorphyll. It contains over 20 different vitamins and minerals. Studies have found that chlorella helps detoxify the body of toxins

Soy Sprout Powder 383 mg
*Soy sprouts are a source of many protective compounds such as superoxide dismutase (SOD); enzymes that protect the body from free radicals.

Organic Whole Brown Rice Powder 383 mg
*The combined fibres in our whole brown rice powder gently "sweep" the lining of the intestinal tract, helping to eliminate dietary toxins.

Stevia leaf powder 225 mg

Eight Non-Dairy Bacterial Cultures Containing Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria 200 mg
*2.5 billion per serving in a special base of fructo-oligosaccharides (F.O.S.).
These beneficial lactobacilli restore the balance of microflora necessary for a healthy gastro-intestinal tract.

Royal Jelly (5% 10-HDA) 150 mg
*Royal jelly is well known to support immune functions and increase energy. Royal jelly can decrease allergic reactions by its immune boosting effects, lower LDL cholesterol and has antihypertensive properties.

Bee Pollen Powder 150 mg
*Bee pollen contains high amounts of many different nutrients. It may help some people desensitize their allergic reactions to pollen. Bee pollen has also been shown to be high in antioxidant phenolic compounds such as flavonoids.

Standardized Herbal Ingredients:

[b]Licorice Root Extract 116 mg
-Standardized to 10% glycyrrhizin 5:1 = 580mg)
-Licorice root has been used for several thousand years as an herbal transporter because it helps with absorption of other herbs. Licorice root also helps to prevent the depletion of the immune system often caused by stress. It does this by nourishing and helping to sustain proper adrenal functions. Licorice has antiviral properties and increases the antioxidant activity of the liver.

Acerola Berry Juice Powder 115 mg
-Standardized to 18% Vitamin C
-Acerola berries are the most potent natural source of vitamin C and bioflavonoids available.

Siberian Ginseng Extract 60 mg
-Standardized to 0.8% eleutherosides (28:1 = 1,680mg)
-Ginseng has been used for centuries as an anti-fatigue, anti-stress herb. It is a powerful adaptogens that helps your body cope with stress.

Milk Thistle Extract 60 mg
-Standardized to 80% silymarin (30:1 = 1,800mg)
-Milk thistle contains bioflavonoids that encourage liver cells to increase their rate of regeneration, or self repair.

Organic Atlantic Dulse Powder 33 mg
-Dulse, (a purple-red seaweed), is a rich source of rare minerals otherwise difficult to find in today's diet.

Ginkgo Biloba Extract 20 mg
-Standardized to 24% ginkgo flavonglycosides and 6% terpene lactones (50:1 = 1,000mg)
Ginkgo biloba extract enhances the body's utilization of oxygen and glucose and has a cleansing effect on the circulatory system.

Japanese green tea extract 15 mg
-Standardized to 90% polyphenols (20:1 = 300mg)
-Japanese green tea assists digestion and the proliferation of 'friendly bacteria' in the intestines. It has become quite popular due to its antioxidant abilities, cholesterol lowering affects and may be protective against cardiovascular disease. More good news – green tea can increase metabolism and help promote weight loss.

European bilberry extract 10 mg
-Standardized to 25% anthocyanidins (100:1 = 1,000mg)
-The dried berries and the pigments derived from them may positively affect visual function, helping people who have normal myopia or near-sightedness.

Full spectrum grape extract (natural process extraction) 5 mg
-Standardized to 95% procyanidolic value; 500 ppm Resveratrol and 200 ppm Ellagic acid (500:1 = 2,500mg)
-Full spectrum grape extract contains all the protective ingredients of red wine that help diminish the signs of premature aging. Recent research at the University of Toronto found our exclusive Biovin™ full spectrum grape extract to be strong protection against free radicals. With the same benefits of a glass of red wine, Biovin™ protects against the signs of aging, plus a whole lot more.

Flavoured products: Additional Ingredients
Natural watermelon flavour blend with stevia 1,105 mg
Natural Mixed Berry flavour blend with stevia (in Berry greens+ only) 1,019mg
Natural Tangerine/Orange flavour blend with stevia (in Tangerine greens+ only) 911mg
Citric Acid (Naturally occurring fruit acid) (Berry/Tangerine greens+) 57mg/138mg
Malic Acid (Naturally occurring fruit acid) (Berry/ Tangerine greens+) 57mg/138mg

Note: greens+ contains no artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners or preservatives, corn, dairy, egg, gluten, yeast, GMO (genetically modified organisms) or animal products. Use with caution if allergic to bee products.

Nutritional information:

Per 8.5g serving of greens+*:

Fat 2.10g
Protein 1.89g
Carbohydrates 3.92g
Dietary Fibre 1.11g
Fat (saturated) 0.39g
Sugars 0.51g
Sodium 32.24mg
Calories 41.62

Includes greens+ flavoured and unflavoured.

Greens+Extra Energy - The Formula

Do you often feel tired or unable to get through your day without relying on coffee, colas or ‘energy’ drinks? While many of these sources may give you energy, they often cause feelings of ‘highs and lows’, leaving you more tired than before – not to mention they often contain added sugar and artificial ingredients.

Just one serving gives you all the nutritional benefits of greens+, plus extra energizing ingredients, such as taurine and naturally occurring caffeine from the kola nut, for a safe and healthy energy boost. Achieve the energy you need to get you through your busy day! Try greens+ extra energy today and experience healthy energy and more. Available in natural cappuccino or orange flavours! Also in convenient extra energy tablets.

*The amino acids, taurine, tyrosine and glycine, to protect your central nervous system while enhancing energy and boosting mood.
*Kola nut for 80mg of naturally occurring caffeine per serving. Kola nut is a ‘tonic’ to the nervous system and does not have any of the downsides of other caffeine sources. (Yarborough CC, Therapeutics of Kola, JAMA, 1999; Nov. 24 282 (20:1898)
*Rhodiola, suma, astragalus and gota kola, to minimize damaging effects of stress on your immune system and energy levels.
*Natural cappuccino flavour to give you the taste of a “coffee fix” without the short-lived stimulation of regular caffeine.
**A full serving of the research-proven greens+: The only green food supplement scientifically proven to sustain long-term energy and enhance antioxidant status through superior absorption (SEE INGREDIENT LISTING ABOVE).

Greens+Extra Energy contains the following additional ingredients per serving:
Taurine 1000mg
Kola nut seed extract (standardized to 10% naturally occurring caffeine) 800mg
Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate) 500mg
Gota kola herb powder 250mg
L-Tyrosine 250mg
Glycine 250mg
Rhodiola rosea root extract (standardized to 3% rosavin) 135mg
Suma root powder 100mg
Astragalus root powder 100mg
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl) 25mg
Chromium (aspartate) 50mcg
Other ingredients:
Natural flavour blend with stevia 2.8g

Note: greens+ extra energy contains no artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners or preservatives, corn, dairy, egg, gluten, yeast, GMO (genetically modified organisms) or animal products. Use with caution if allergic to bee products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Amnis

I never received a reply from BioAlt about the % of oregano in their product - so I am a little put off to order from them. I would have not considered buying a diluted OoO anyway, it is not as good value for money even though the pure OoO at 1oz is rather expensive.

I have started to incorporate manuka honey UMF20+ into my diet vigorously, hopefully with the other supplements I am taking (vit c & garlic) it will help boost my immunity for the coming winter here. I can't believe how little the 250g jar lasts for, I only started taking about 2tsp a day about 3 weeks ago and I am ready for my second jar!!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Scotslass Smile

I can rule out the Greens+ for myself (I cannot have wheat or barley) Sad Sad but I will look into it for my mom. She's on a lot of different meds so she may have to wait until she can see a naturpath who can look at her entire "big picture". Maybe she can take the ingredient list to her regular doc and see what she says. She's a conventional medical doc so I'm not sure what she will have to say about it.

I wonder which ingredient the US doesn't approve? hmm

Anyhow, thanks again for the info. I'll have to search for another green type mix w/o wheat or barley...

--------

I think I am going to go ahead and order some BioAlt's oregano oil (the one with at least 85% carvacrol concentration... currently at 88%). I was considering the Carvacrol EX (94%) but it seems that the concentrations are close enough that I would rather spend less and buy the "regular" OoO. I've read that OoO at concentrations of 70% is effective so why wouldn't at least 85% be very effective? What do you guys think?

-------
BCS oil users: have you noticed that mountainroseherbs.com sells it? It's cold pressed, reasonably priced and has comprable concentrations of fatty acids as blackseedusa.com's oil. Here's the link to mountainroseherbs' BCS oil in case you want to check it out: http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/oilprofile/blackcumin.php

amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 1:27 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Hi Amnis

I never received a reply from BioAlt about the % of oregano in their product - so I am a little put off to order from them. I would have not considered buying a diluted OoO anyway, it is not as good value for money even though the pure OoO at 1oz is rather expensive.

I have started to incorporate manuka honey UMF20+ into my diet vigorously, hopefully with the other supplements I am taking (vit c & garlic) it will help boost my immunity for the coming winter here. I can't believe how little the 250g jar lasts for, I only started taking about 2tsp a day about 3 weeks ago and I am ready for my second jar!!

Hi miranets Smile

That's a bummer that you haven't heard back from them. I hate that when that happens with online retailers. Did you try emailing them again?

I read the following on their site about dilution: "In order to be useful true Oregano Oil must be blended with a carrier oil. Unfortunately some companies have taken this fact to the extreme and diluted their products to such an extent that the Carvacrol to carrier oil ratio is very weak.

Rest assured this will never be the case with any BIO-ALTERNATIVES Oil of Oregano product you purchase. Studies have found Carvacrol in concentrations of less than 0.25 mg/ml to completely inhibit the growth of Staphylococcus. BIO-ALTERNATIVES Oil of Oregano products deliver a whopping 84.15 mg Carvacrol per ml!"

Did you happen to read this yet? Are there really other sites that sell it undiluted? (Similar to EOs?) ------ETA: Which sites? If you were to use the undiluted form, would you dilute it in a carrier oil yourself?

miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Amnis

I am understanding that statement as, each 1ml of oregano oil contains 80%+ of the active compound Carvacrol which is responsible for the antibacterial properties, BUT I was not able to find any info on their site about how much OoO there is in the entire bottle. So you may only be getting say, 5ml of OoO per 50ml of olive oil, which would be very $$$.

Now that I have seen that it is better to have it in a carrier oil, I may just add 1-2 drops of the undiluted form into my regular flaxseed oil supplement.

Some sites sell OoO pure undiluted but don't make any statements about it being standardised, so it is much cheaper.

http://www.herbalremedies.com/orwiltin2oz1.html

http://www.ahealthya.com/oil_of_oregano.htm

http://www.se1.us/health/oregano/

http://www.oiloforegano.com/buy-oil-of-oregano.html

http://www.p-73.com/default.asp

I found these through google, but I selected only companies that sold certified organic, and the standardised stuff. I am trying to overlook the shabby site design, and hope that they will reply to my emails when I enquire more about the quality of their products. The prices are relatively cheap, from around $20 for 1oz. If anyone has bought from these places, please share you experience!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks miranets.
Please keep me updated on their replies to your emails.

I emailed BioAlt so we'll see if I hear back.

preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 6:04 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

Long time ladies, glad to hear there are lots of improvements to be seen!
I've been seeing some improvements of my own. Since adding OoO and Kefir, my digestion has improved dramatically and I've had no itchiness down below. I know that doesn't mean that Candida has gone, but at least my main symptoms seem to be dissippitating. Although I have to add my brain has been all over the place for the last two weeks. I've been really forgetful and my head feels really foggy!
I'm covered in excema from head to foot, which is strange as I haven't been having much dairy, only the odd naughty bit Shock But I don't usually get this much excema from that?! I've just ordered some Black Cumin Seed oil, so hopefully this will help.
I've also had an ear ache!! I haven't had one since school! I'm going to up my OoO and see if that helps. I'm also ordering Greens+ from ebay. It's so expensive here (uk) £40 ($80!!!) for one months supply!!! From ebay it'll work out just under £20.
I'm getting confused though, when I should be taking everything Shock
At the mo I'm taking...
AM
MSM + vit C
Smoothie with Kefir (breakfast)

Pm
OoO (before bed)

I'm going to add the BCSO throughout the day, so that;s easy.
And the greens with the smoothie.
BUT, I'd like to try adding more OoO to things, but how could I, wouldn't it just kill off the good stuff I'm taking throughout the day?
If I had OoO first thing in the am, I couldn't then have my Kefir? ooh confused. There's not enough hours in the day!! If I had OoO before the gym 7amish, would it be okay to have kefir and other goodies a couple of hours later? Or would the OoO still be in butt kicking mode??!
Once again, Sooo many questions Very Happy
P

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi preenie - The issue of when to take OoO and friendly probiotics has been tossed back and forth a lot here. At this stage Scally and I are taking our OoO&BCSO with meals (or a meal of your choice such as breakfast and/or lunch if you are only taking 1 to 2X a day). Dr Ingram's also recommends that you take your probiotics before bedtime (see quote below). I realize you also take Kefir and that this is not compatible with OoO. So I would suggest you take it with dinner if your last dose of OoO was lunch or do what why my SO does and take it in the evenings a few hours before bed. He has been experimenting with 1 cup of Kefir every night and reports he is noticing a big difference.

Revised Routine might be:

AM
MSM+Vit C
Smoothie + Greens+ExtraEnergy
OoO + BCSO

Lunch
OoO+BSCO

PM
Kefir

Bedtime
Probiotic Supp's

ScotsLass wrote:

scalawaggirl wrote:
I've been in a quandry for taking it more times during the day as I think it may wipe out the good stuff, too, but not exactly sure on that point. I suppose that when ill, it's best to go with the varied doses and not worry about the probiotics too much.

Here is a quote from an article regarding OoO and when you should supplement with friendly bacteria (probiotics):

Quote:
Dr. Ingram does point out that for people who are taking large doses of oregano for chronic conditions it will prove very beneficial to supplement with friendly bacteria. Dr. Ingram recommends taking your friendly bacteria at night before you go to bed and taking Oreganol P73 with breakfast, lunch and dinner. He also points out that oregano will help eliminate so much of the bad bacteria that it creates even more fertile ground for your friendly bacteria.

HTH's ~ wave

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
Thank you Scotslass Smile

I can rule out the Greens+ for myself (I cannot have wheat or barley) Sad Sad but I will look into it for my mom. She's on a lot of different meds so she may have to wait until she can see a naturpath who can look at her entire "big picture". Maybe she can take the ingredient list to her regular doc and see what she says. She's a conventional medical doc so I'm not sure what she will have to say about it.

I wonder which ingredient the US doesn't approve? hmm

Anyhow, thanks again for the info. I'll have to search for another green type mix w/o wheat or barley...

--------

I think I am going to go ahead and order some BioAlt's oregano oil (the one with at least 85% carvacrol concentration... currently at 88%). I was considering the Carvacrol EX (94%) but it seems that the concentrations are close enough that I would rather spend less and buy the "regular" OoO. I've read that OoO at concentrations of 70% is effective so why wouldn't at least 85% be very effective? What do you guys think?

-------
BCS oil users: have you noticed that mountainroseherbs.com sells it? It's cold pressed, reasonably priced and has comprable concentrations of fatty acids as blackseedusa.com's oil. Here's the link to mountainroseherbs' BCS oil in case you want to check it out: http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/oilprofile/blackcumin.php

Hey amnis - You're welcome! Sorry to hear that you cannot try this great Greens+ powder. Hope you are able to find a wheat and barley-free product soon.

BTW - Scally has been researching certain ingredients in the Canadian Greens+ powder and believes that the L-Tyrosine (250 mg) may be the reason it cannot ship into the USA. This ingredient has been classified as a steriod by the FDA and is therefore not approved.

I just checked out mountainroseherb.com and am very interested in their Black Seed Oil. The price is very reasonable and the product sounds great. Thanks for sharing this, I'll have to look into it further now! wave

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |