Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Candida Recovery - here goes!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I am really surprised at my results as I did the salivia test this morning since I had that starchy mouth, yuck! My Candida wasn't as bad as I thought. Years back I had tons of those legggy things and today most of it was still at the top! There was alittle BUT nothing like I expected.

I take Acidolphilus (sp?)pearls every morning and have for months and I was taking OoO BUT it repeats on me and I hate that, but with today's results I am thinking of taking again!

I have a question. If you have more yeast/carbs than normal in your diet AND then get strict w/low carbs would the yeast get worse as it is clearing? I use to be strict low-no carbs, then went off for monthssss, gained weight and now going back to restrictions again and wonder if the toxins will get worse? I will test this and keep testing saliva as I go just wondered what anyone knew. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I admire all of you who can drink these formula's as part of my get healthy from inside out I decide to get a formula similar to the greens. Well two mouthfuls and I was gagging so the rest went down the sink. Guess it is on to plan B for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Laughing loopy! Which product did you try? I'm having a hard time gagging down the Greens+ myself right now. I don't have any juice on hand so I've been adding it to my rasberry kefir. NOT good!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
It is called 'greens today womens soy formula' it looked quite good to my inexperienced eyes. It is supposed to be vanilla flavor(jury is out on that). Of course I made up the whole recommended 12.0oz. So do you mix yours with something else?
I did wonder about maybe trying less in a smoothie or even in a flavoured yoghurt but I don't know if it needs the water to activate the powder.

I was so chuffed this morning because I ordered this and some other bits & bobs from vitacost on Tuesday and it arrived at my place (uk) today, which was extremely fast shipping. Then I end up feeling icky. If anybody has any idea's to make it more tolerable please share.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
On the greens+ they recommend you add it to water or fruit juice. Since I was out of fruit juice I used my raspberry kefir instead. You can add this to yogurt and such, but not milk since milk is acidic and negates the alkaline benefits of the greens+. I'm really not sure about the one you have, but I wouldn't think it would hurt to add it to fruit juice. The more you water it down the easier it is to get it all down too. Very Happy
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I will try it with the fruit juice and maybe start on a smaller amount and see how I get on. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing lori - Keep up posted! I think if you can make it through the first couple of weeks you will definitely see why these supplements are worth it. You will have so much energy (yet not to the point where you can't sleep) and just feel much healthier overall.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Loopy & TAMgirl! I have been experimenting with my greens+ powders for a long time now and in the end I prefer to mix mine with proteins+ vanilla flavored powder in spring water or lactose free skim milk! I know, this is cheating and a bit of a no-no due to the alkaline issue, but I have not personally noticed any difference and I'm still getting great results. I simply like the texture and taste of something that is more like a milkshake. OH, I also always SHAKE the powder no matter what I mix it with. This creates a foamy drink and for whatever reason, it tastes so much better! I have a nifty 8 oz cup that comes with a dome-like lid that I use and highly suggest you get one as it simplifies the mixing process in a big way.

As for mixing the greens+ in fruit juices, most people prefer unsweetened apple juice. I've never tried it because I'm not a fan of juices. You can always add your greens+ to smoothies containing fruits and/or yogurt as well. This is my second fave way to mix my greens+, but again, I also include my proteins+ vanilla powder which does improve the taste to me. I have also mixed my greens+ with vanilla Soy milk and really liked it (another no-no, but what the heck!). My next test is to mix the greens+ with flavored fruit water (that has zero calories/carbs/sugars) and see how that works out. I'm pretty certain that the flavor in the water will blend well with the flavor of the greens+! Fingers are crossed that this will work - I'll report back if it does!

Your best bet is to try everything in smaller amounts (6 oz or less) until you find the combination you like. Otherwise you'll be chucking a lot of good product & money down the drain. And I hate to say this again, but if all else fails try a milk product or smoothie with 1 1/2 cups of fat free milk, a banana (or whatever you like) and a half dose of greens+.

PS: TAMgirl - You are one tough lady if you can tolerate kefir on it's own let alone mix it with some greens+!!!! Kefir is one thing I am unable to adapt to, so I am very impressed that you have managed to stick with it!!! You also wanted to know what my fave flavor of greens+ is, and I'd have to say the Tangerine/Orange. Once I blend it with my vanilla protein powder it kind of tastes like an orange creamsicle (with a slightly grassy undertone Laughing !).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Thanks for the great info as always ScotsLass! I'm going to check out the flavored versions on the site you provided. Do you have a favorite flavor? Very Happy

You are very welcome! Tangerine/Orange is preferred flavor of greens+ at this time!

preenie wrote:
Thanks for the info Scotlass. Annoyingly I think I've ordered the one from orange peel enterprises, although I'm sure it'll do for now and I'll try the genuine Health brand next time.

I tried the BCSO oil on my face night and it was fab! I put on a low concentrate of my CP's on first, then rubbed a little BCSO oil on top. When I woke up this morning I was surprised to see my complexion seemed to look a bit clearer and more even. My forehead was looking a little congested and dehydrated, I can now see there's a definite improvement.
Ooooh yes...!!.. I just had a little peek in the mirror, by this time in the afternoon my skin is usually looking dehydrated (I have a blow heater at my feet) and my MMU is looking a little patchy. But today, no no no! My skin looks quite even for once. THAT is the BCSO!
P

Glad to have helped and I'm certain you'll be fine with the Orange Peel Enterprise greens+ product. The good news is you have the option of purchasing the Cdn greens+ the next time you run out. I think I'll have to try some BCSO on my face as well to see what happens! I would be thrilled if it moisturizes without breaking me out or leaving my face shiny/oily looking! Thanks for mentioning this!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
PS: TAMgirl - You are one tough lady if you can tolerate kefir on it's own let alone mix it with some greens+!!!! Kefir is one thing I am unable to adapt to, so I am very impressed that you have managed to stick with it!!! You also wanted to know what my fave flavor of greens+ is, and I'd have to say the Tangerine/Orange. Once I blend it with my vanilla protein powder it kind of tastes like an orange creamsicle (with a slightly grassy undertone Laughing !).

Well, all I can say is you must have been drinking the wrong kind of kefir! Laughing My favorite is actually the non-flavored kind as I love the taste of buttermilk/plain yogurt and this is pretty similar. The bitter taste is addictive to me! However, right now I have the raspberry because the store was out of the plain and the flavored ones taste exactly like fruit flavored yogurt. That's why I think it's strange that you say you can't drink it...it's delish! Very Happy

Well, orange flavoring is my least favorite so I'll try the berry and if I don't like it, I'll give the tangarine/orange one a shot next. Thanks again!!!
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:

Well, all I can say is you must have been drinking the wrong kind of kefir! Laughing My favorite is actually the non-flavored kind as I love the taste of buttermilk/plain yogurt and this is pretty similar. The bitter taste is addictive to me! However, right now I have the raspberry because the store was out of the plain and the flavored ones taste exactly like fruit flavored yogurt. That's why I think it's strange that you say you can't drink it...it's delish! Very Happy

Well, orange flavoring is my least favorite so I'll try the berry and if I don't like it, I'll give the tangarine/orange one a shot next. Thanks again!!!

My SO drinks a cup of Kefir every day and really likes it! His favorite is raspberry flavored and made by a company called Liberty. I think the biggest problem for me is I do not enjoy yogurt and have to force myself to eat it. Kefir is like a form of yogurt-on-steroids to me...I can't handle the bitter taste and the fact that it's semi-carbonated. This just really freaks me out and is the primary reason I want to gag whenever I attempt to try any! I feel quite strongly that you really have to have a friendly relationship with yogurt if you're going to enjoy this stuff.

Believe it or not but the unflavored greens+ by Genuine Health outsell's all of their flavored versions - strange, but true! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
preenie wrote:
Thanks for tyhe info Scotlass. Annoyingly I think I've ordered the one from orange peel enterprises, although I'm sure it'll do for now and I'll try the genuine Health brand next time.

I tried the BCSO oil on my face night and it was fab! I put on a low concentrate of my CP's on first, then rubbed a little BCSO oil on top. When I woke up this morning I was surprised to see my complexion seemed to look a bit clearer and more even. My forehead was looking a little congested and dehydrated, I can now see there's a definite improvement.
Ooooh yes...!!.. I just had a little peek in the mirror, by this time in the afternoon my skin is usually looking dehydrated (I have a blow heater at my feet) and my MMU is looking a little patchy. But today, no no no! My skin looks quite even for once. THAT is the BCSO!
P

Hi Preenie,
How long had you been using the BCSO before you noticed results on your face? Does your face break out much or would you say it's just congested? (I am trying to gage how it might work on my face if I try it).

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I will try it with the fruit juice and maybe start on a smaller amount and see how I get on. Rolling Eyes

Hi loopy,
Have you tried gulping it down while simultaneously plugging your nose?

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 5:28 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
loopylori wrote:

Hi loopy,
Have you tried gulping it down while simultaneously plugging your nose?

I did but I still couldn't cope. I have a very low gag threshold. Even my dentist commented on my gag reflex. Rolling Eyes

Thank you all for your suggestions and I am going to give it another try. I have an abundance of goodies to make a smoothie and hopefully it will work. I really want this to work because I have started to feel so tired and lacking oomph lately. Will let you know what works for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 6:50 am      Reply with quote
loopy - I have another suggestion for you! I'm not sure about GH but Orange Peel Enterprises sells a capsule form of Greens+...same thing but in a cap instead, so no holding your nose required!

I find it really odd that GH sells more regular than flavored. This is when I wish the gag face was working. Confused
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 7:07 am      Reply with quote
TAM, it's probably due to the fact that they mix the powder with other things - that'd be my guess. I use a straw with mine (and 2nd ScotLass's recommendation for a shaker because it does go frothy).

I also agree that the Proteins+ in Vanilla when mixed w/the Greens+Energy (orange) does taste like a creamsicle. You could blend this up with a few ice cubes to create a pretty good semblance of one! For me, though, my typical routine is to add some filtered water (I have an RO/DI unit) to a glass, my powdered supps, Greens+Energy, silica gel, Proteins+ (when I have it) and stir away with my straw OR I use the shaker. I drink it with a straw and it's gone in seconds so super easy. I Genuine Health.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
preenie wrote:
Thanks for tyhe info Scotlass. Annoyingly I think I've ordered the one from orange peel enterprises, although I'm sure it'll do for now and I'll try the genuine Health brand next time.

P

Hi Preenie,
How long had you been using the BCSO before you noticed results on your face? Does your face break out much or would you say it's just congested? (I am trying to gage how it might work on my face if I try it).

Only for two nights. I dab a very small amount(prob two drops max) all over my face, except the eye area. My skin didn't feel oily in the slightest, it just soaked in as tho I had nothing on. My skin has definitely been looking better for the last two days. I have also been mixing up my mmu as well, so that also may be a factor. I'd recommend just trying a few dabs tonight and see how you go.
Regarding taking the supplement I'm sure its affecting me already. I've felt like pooh for the last week due to an ear ache, but since taking the BCSO (two days)I feel great. Today I'm full of energy and my mind feels clear and alert...also a little frisky, which I haven't felt for a while!!

Oh and my skin is pretty congested, all over really. I've tried all sorts but nothing seems to totally clear my pores. I'm starting daily steams and saunas next week to see if that helps.

P

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I mixed up one scoop (three recommended a day)
in my cherry yoghurt, chucked in some grapes and a banana and I actually managed to eat it all and it didn't taste bad. I think tomorrow I will try it with another scoop and keep my fingers crossed. I might try the capsules next but I thought the drink would probably be healthier. Plus one of my kitchen cupboards has more stock than my local pharmacy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to recommend to you all a kitchen device that I almost forgot about since halting my super fruit-filled morning smoothies. It's the Magic Bullet (sold on TV - those corny infomercials) BUT it works as advertised and is oh so convenient. I have a Vitamix, which I love but it's overkill for morning or quick mixes - that is why I my Magic Bullet!

I used it this morning after reading of the issues some of you are having and it was a dream (all I added was a few frozen berries to my normal mix to give it some thickness). Yum! Cleans up quick, too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
I just wanted to recommend to you all a kitchen device that I almost forgot about since halting my super fruit-filled morning smoothies. It's the Magic Bullet (sold on TV - those corny infomercials) BUT it works as advertised and is oh so convenient. I have a Vitamix, which I love but it's overkill for morning or quick mixes - that is why I my Magic Bullet!

I used it this morning after reading of the issues some of you are having and it was a dream (all I added was a few frozen berries to my normal mix to give it some thickness). Yum! Cleans up quick, too.

EXCELLENT IDEA SCALLY!!!! I enjoy my greens+/proteins+ shakes as they are, but if I was really having a hard time with the flavor I would definitely invest in a Magic Bullet for quick and easy smoothies! This is also an appliance that takes up zero counter space and as you noted cleans up very easily.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Well I experimented with my greens+ powder today and mixed it with orchard fruit flavored sparkling water (that has zero cals/carbs/sugars). This turned out amazingly well and tastes very, very good. It's also very light and refreshing. I can't get over how much the flavored water masks the greens+! Shock The only thing I'm not crazy about is the aspartame in the flavored water (I try to avoid this sweetener as much as possible). Other than this one concern I think I'm going to head out and buy some other flavors of sparkling water as this is now my new 'summer breakfast drink' (that I'll enjoy more on my chaise lounge once the pool is open Wink ).

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:42 am      Reply with quote
What's BCSO? Embarassed
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Scout wrote:
What's BCSO? Embarassed

Black Cumin Seed Oil.

Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
Scout wrote:
What's BCSO? Embarassed

Black Cumin Seed Oil.

DUH! Thanks Very Happy
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
I'm starting this to keep track of a few of us who are going to be working on addressing and healing our Candida. Both TAMgirl and myself (also Racergirl) are starting on a program to cleanse the little b-tards. Here's where we purchased:

Here's the initial link explaining the prices. I paid $14.95 for a yearly membership to obtain the wholesale pricing: http://www.candidasupport.org/candida_cleanse.html#order

These are the product kits: http://www.ghtdiscountclub.com/YeastRecoveryPrograms.aspx?ID=support3

Here's a wonderful link originally posted by ScotsLass (thanks) that outlines all manner of information regarding Candida:

http://www.sheilashea.com/candida.html

Hi scally and tamgirl,

In regard to the Threelac system, are you also using the Oxygen Elements (aka Hydroxygen Plus)?

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |