Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Candida Recovery - here goes!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
well I've just ordered myself some OoO, cant wait to try it. I'm probably also going to order the probiotics marinet recommended as well. whoop whoop!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I did the saliva test this morning. I got no legs hanging in the water, but my saliva sank to the bottom and there's a bit of cloudiness there. I wonder if that means I got some but not much. The test didn't go in to detail of what the legs mean vs cloudiness at the bottom or suspended in the water.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:
Taking 50% 2x of the total dose is what I do to stagger it as it remains in your system for 12 hours.

Everything except this! Embarassed

? Ya mean it doesn't make sense? Okay, further explanation then - I take 2 daily doses of my total intended dose (just divide by 2 or whatever's convenient). So, in the morning, I plop open a little 5 dram container that contains:

1 tsp. L-Glutamine
1 tsp. Anti-Anxiety (amino acids)
1 tsp. MSM

This goes into my fruit water and I drink it with a straw. Easy peasy.

At night, I pop open a 3 dram container that contains:

.5 tsp. MSM (will be upping to 1 tsp. soon)

Same intake method as above.

I bought the containers on eBay from this vendor in varying sizes. This is a listing for the 3.5 dram:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190095336463&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=190082943307&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
preenie wrote:
well I've just ordered myself some OoO, cant wait to try it. I'm probably also going to order the probiotics marinet recommended as well. whoop whoop!!

We can compare! I'm adding it to my arsenal of kill the b-tards so we shall see. I also feel it will be extremely beneficial with other bacteria, as well. A win win!

TAM, too bad the alcoholic effect can't be bottled and only enjoyed when we want! BTW, I am experiencing many light-headed moments today - brain's taking frequent breaks and I'm off in a fog - just happened as a matter of fact. Whew.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
vonstella wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:
Taking 50% 2x of the total dose is what I do to stagger it as it remains in your system for 12 hours.

Everything except this! Embarassed

? Ya mean it doesn't make sense? Okay, further explanation then - I take 2 daily doses of my total intended dose (just divide by 2 or whatever's convenient). So, in the morning, I plop open a little 5 dram container that contains:

1 tsp. L-Glutamine
1 tsp. Anti-Anxiety (amino acids)
1 tsp. MSM

This goes into my fruit water and I drink it with a straw. Easy peasy.

At night, I pop open a 3 dram container that contains:

.5 tsp. MSM (will be upping to 1 tsp. soon)

Same intake method as above.

I bought the containers on eBay from this vendor in varying sizes. This is a listing for the 3.5 dram:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190095336463&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=190082943307&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

I think Ive got it! Thanks again, you are always so helpful!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Scally, I just want to second Vonstella's comment. You really are always so helpful and sweet. Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, ladies. You are both very welcome.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I suffered for years from Candida, here are soem of the most effective treatments I found:

*Acidophilus: I take this all the time and so far I have not suffered from Candida for over 3 years now.

*To treat topically Tea Tree Essential Oil is the best, put some in the bath and make sure you douche the area extremly well.
On a couple of occasions I had vaginal candida so bad that using a Q tip I dipped into a strong solution of Tea Tree Oil and swabbed the opening and walls, the candida literally peeled off the sides. Tea Tree Oil really does kill Candida instantly.

*Stayed Clear of alcohol, sugar, bread, cheese, mushrooms etc.

*Apple Cider Vinegar as a dressing on foods is good as Candida in the gut hates this too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
preenie wrote:

We can compare! I'm adding it to my arsenal of kill the b-tards so we shall see. I also feel it will be extremely beneficial with other bacteria, as well. A win win!

TAM, too bad the alcoholic effect can't be bottled and only enjoyed when we want! BTW, I am experiencing many light-headed moments today - brain's taking frequent breaks and I'm off in a fog - just happened as a matter of fact. Whew.

Yay! I don't think I'll receive mine for a while tho.
I'm also feeling a bit light headed and slightly sicky today, I've just started on digestive enzymes and acidophilus, could it be down to them? Eh?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
preenie wrote:
Yay! I don't think I'll receive mine for a while tho.
I'm also feeling a bit light headed and slightly sicky today, I've just started on digestive enzymes and acidophilus, could it be down to them? Eh?

Yes, absolutely. Perfect examples of die-off symptoms. I keep going in and out of focus - like I'm here and clear one minute - then the next, my head's like a balloon floating around Never Never Land. I'm glad it's Friday, though, and will continue with my dosage as it's not too too bad (yet, anyway).

Rosebud, thanks for those tips. So far, my yeast infection seems to be curtailing - it's still there, naturally, but the itching is now gone. It seems the Threelac is working fast - in some instances, people do experience a quick response (I have been taking Kombucha, MSM and BGs orally, though). MermaidGirl and I were talking and we agree that probiotics are probably needed as an ongoing supplement from now on, which is fine by me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
So sounds like to combat Candida, you have to take daily:

Pro-biotics (preferably with flora?)
MSM (pcnetwrx posted he combatted his candida problem with MSM)
ACV drinks
Oregano Oil with high % of Cervacrol

Am I missing anything else?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
So sounds like to combat Candida, you have to take daily:

Pro-biotics (preferably with flora?)
MSM (pcnetwrx posted he combatted his candida problem with MSM)
ACV drinks
Oregano Oil with high % of Cervacrol

Am I missing anything else?

That covers the main items, certainly, I think but more generally speaking for others:

-Pro-biotics (should include flora, I believe)
-MSM (I'm a huge proponent of this but feel it falls under supplementation as a support mechanism so not absolutely necessary but for me, yes and highly recommended)
-Fermented foods, which include ACV-like drinks such as Kombucha tea (also, avoid sugars - especially processed, dairy, white flours and veggies - like potatoes)
-OoO or some other tool to kill the b-tards like Active Enzymes. I will be taking both but small amounts of the OoO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Preenie - sorry I seem to be confusing everyone about the order I took my supplements

Firstly, I never intended to take anything to cure candida, I took a protein powder (with all essential amino acids) for general well being, and I just experienced many unexpected benefits, I would correlate my recovery from candida as one. I think the protein helped "build" my body, by strengthening my immune system etc. Most females are very protein deficient, even though I tried to drink milk, eat yoghurt, meat, eggs, fish, tofu etc, I wasn't getting near enough full spectrum protein to help my body do anything.

Then I became a bit more health conscious and started the In-Liven probiotic while still taking the protein powder, and still no candida.

I only took that FlorActiv at the suggestion of my homeopath, but that was only 60 capsules, so a month's dosage. All the while still on protein and InLiven.

Someone mentioned getting prescriptions to cure candida, as I am no longer a believer of any public healthcare system, most doctors would only prescribe something along the lines of yet ANOTHER antibiotic to kill off this fungus, so it may cause even more imbalance in the body. If you had a serious case of candida that needed instant *relief* then perhaps antibiotics would help, but never just leave the treatment as that.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Firstly, I never intended to take anything to cure candida, I took a protein powder (with all essential amino acids) for general well being, and I just experienced many unexpected benefits, I would correlate my recovery from candida as one. I think the protein helped "build" my body, by strengthening my immune system etc. Most females are very protein deficient, even though I tried to drink milk, eat yoghurt, meat, eggs, fish, tofu etc, I wasn't getting near enough full spectrum protein to help my body do anything.

Then I became a bit more health conscious and started the In-Liven probiotic while still taking the protein powder, and still no candida.

I only took that FlorActiv at the suggestion of my homeopath, but that was only 60 capsules, so a month's dosage. All the while still on protein and InLiven.

Someone mentioned getting prescriptions to cure candida, as I am no longer a believer of any public healthcare system, most doctors would only prescribe something along the lines of yet ANOTHER antibiotic to kill off this fungus, so it may cause even more imbalance in the body. If you had a serious case of candida that needed instant *relief* then perhaps antibiotics would help, but never just leave the treatment as that.

Miranets, thanks for clarifying. I'm wondering, what is the protein powder you use? I have one that is a green food base but I tire of the taste and since I always relied on adding berries, which I have tabled for the time being, it will be difficult to stomach!

I also absolutely agree on your public health care view and avoid prescription medication, if at all possible.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I haven't really had any of the same detox type symptoms, but my the problem down below is back in full force. I guess the yeast are getting angry and fighting back. I almost had to leave the video store the itching go so intense! Oh well, part of the process I guess.

Scally - What exactly are you doing diet-wise? I know I really need to cut everything that feeds candida back/out, but I just can't do it! I'm okay with cutting out the refined sugar, but bread/pasta is just too difficult for me. I may try the one-day detox diet again just to help move things along, but even that requires fruit so I'm really torn.

Does anyone have any diet suggestions?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Well, I haven't really had any of the same detox type symptoms, but my the problem down below is back in full force. I guess the yeast are getting angry and fighting back. I almost had to leave the video store the itching go so intense! Oh well, part of the process I guess.

Scally - What exactly are you doing diet-wise? I know I really need to cut everything that feeds candida back/out, but I just can't do it! I'm okay with cutting out the refined sugar, but bread/pasta is just too difficult for me. I may try the one-day detox diet again just to help move things along, but even that requires fruit so I'm really torn.

Does anyone have any diet suggestions?

TAM, I am starting with avoiding refined sugar and trying to only eat one fruit a day. I feel the same way as you, believe me! Now, today, I had a 1/2 sandwich but then opted to toss the bread after a few bites so I'm keeping that in mind as something to avoid. One thing I've noticed is that I'm having sweet cravings and feel that it's the candida talking "gimme sugar"! So, I've been resisting and think I'll be okay. As to diets, I'm going to try to stick to soups and salads (more of the raw veggies) and basically go back to a more healthy way of eating (i.e. rotisserie chicken, veggies, brown rice, etc.). It's not going to be easy but I've got to get a handle on this. Try to stick to low glycemic foods.

I don't know, if you can find any colloidal silver but I have the Cyclic Nano soap and used that yesterday on my southern parts and the itching is history. I think that the cyclic along with Threelac kicked it out the door (the yeast remains but it is not irritating in that particular way now).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the colloidal silver tip. I do have some and will try that out if I need additional help, but last weekend I used tea tree oil and the next day I had no problems either. I used a bit last night mixed with avocado oil to dilute and woke up this morning with no itchies. The colloidal silver will be next if this doesn't last very long.

I think I'll hit the diet hard after this weekend. It's just so difficult on the weekend going out to eat with friends/family. For example, we eat a lot of sushi (white rice) italian (pasta) and mexican (corn/flour). And at most of these places a good salad isn't even an option. It has also been really hard because my fridge has been out for a week and a half, so I've had to pick up food every night. At least that's up and running now so I'll have to hit the store tomorrow. Gosh, why does yeast have to love all of the good things! Mad
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:29 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
When starting MSM, do you need to take another supplement to balance it out? Tia.

actually, i believe you're supposed to up your C when taking MSM to increase it's efficacy.

as someone who is taking really small baby steps (i'm on some heavy duty meds so the detox can be pretty overwhelming), i've noticed that i have to be *really* careful about my evening dose -- major insomnia. i don't think everyone has this problem (and that it does go away), but if you have problems falling asleep it's something to be aware of.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
vonstella wrote:
When starting MSM, do you need to take another supplement to balance it out? Tia.

actually, i believe you're supposed to up your C when taking MSM to increase it's efficacy.

as someone who is taking really small baby steps (i'm on some heavy duty meds so the detox can be pretty overwhelming), i've noticed that i have to be *really* careful about my evening dose -- major insomnia. i don't think everyone has this problem (and that it does go away), but if you have problems falling asleep it's something to be aware of.

LaVie, you're right. I just remembered this today so I made sure I took my Vitamin C. Sorry, Vonstella. It's not a requirement but certainly is recommended to assist. Anyone interested should know that Vit C is best taken twice a day as it dissipates, like MSM, in the system in about 12 hours. This works out for me, though, because I do stagger my MSM doses, as well. If I can find a Vitamin C powder - hey, I actually have some that I was using to make my L-Ascorbic serum - I will add that to my powdered container! Yeah!

It actually boosts the benefits of MSM, I believe, or helps it work more efficiently or absorb - can't exactly remember. I also experienced strange sleeping/dreams when I first started taking it but that has passed - I still have dreams but consider it like a night out at the freak show movies so am not bothered. I do sleep through the night now unless I'm stressed about travel/work.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

Seriously it kills herpes virus??? I thought that thing is not curable.

Yes, OoO has been reported to "completely destroy the herpes viruses". To learn more please read this article http://www.p-73.com/pdf/antiviralherpes.pdf - BTW, discussion of OoO to treat herpes and the studies performed using it are on page three.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
As a bit of a side note (and for those trying to reduce fruit in their diets) - Oil of Oregano is an awesome antioxidant and is found to be 4X more powerful than blueberries. By combining Cumin Oil with OoO it becomes 30X more powerful than blueberries! Shock This stuff is just never-ending with all the benefits it offers!

Okay...back to our regular program....

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
As a bit of a side note (and for those trying to reduce fruit in their diets) - Oil of Oregano is an awesome antioxidant and is found to be 4X more powerful than blueberries. By combining Cumin Oil with OoO it becomes 30X more powerful than blueberries! Shock This stuff is just never-ending with all the benefits it offers!

Okay...back to our regular program....

Holy cracky! Once I start my OoO, I will dump the other antioxidants, baby!!! Shock What's the scoop on Oil of Cumin? Do you take it, as well? Where'd you find it, might I ask?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I am currently nearly 6 weeks into my anti Candida routine.

Back at the begining of Feb I decided to have a massive overhaul of my health. I have felt 'under par' as they say for at least the last 8 years (fatigue / persistant thrush infections / mild acne ..just to name a few symptoms) I decided to attack the beast from all angles.

I did the spit test which was positive (ie: cloudy /spiders legs) and then placed my order with the finchley health clinic in London (the owner had suffered from Candida for many years so he was great to talk to)

I am currently using:

Oxy Powder ( colon cleanser)

Paratrex (a parasite cleanser which hopefully will eliminate the parasites in 6 weeks)

Goldenseal F (a pretty potent anti candida product)

Bayberry formula (to help with the dreaded candida die off reactions)

Fivelac (started with Threelac)

I have not as yet re-done the spit test but I have to say that although it is early days I do feel an overall general improvement in my health. Some of my initial improvements could be contributed to the Oxy Powder / Paratex

However over the past 3 - 4 weeks I have slept more deeply than I have done in years. For years I did not seem to be able to go to sleep until 2-3 am in the morning, even then I would only sleep lightly until my alarm went off at 7:00am

The other thing that I have noticed is that this month my PMS symptoms were a lot milder than normal. I tend to develop acne along my jawline & cheeks when my period is due as well as feeling quite tearful a few days prior.

As I said it is still early days but any slight improvement is always encouraging.

Smile
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing, Littlescooby. Everyone's experience is welcome and I'm glad that you are seeing improvement. I do agree that any little bit is helpful to encourage we are doing the right thing. Smile

TAM, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with your diet choices! I'm thinking, if you can keep to the boring choices that don't have a lot of sugar and opt for more complex carbs, you will at least being doing much better than if not. We can't be perfect and I think you and I might be in a similar boat - somewhere between mild and severe - so a conservative approach will be okay but hopefully, things will calm down for you to get it all under control.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl - the protein I take is by Nutriway/Nutrilite. I believe it is a certified organic soy/milk powder which has a full spectrum of all essential amino acids and has a protein quantity of about 80%+ (most brands I have seen are only 30-60%) and the yield rate (how much of the product is turned into useful amino acids) once digested is about 60% - even higher when supplemented with a good B complex.

I have not done much research on other brands of protein powders though there are myriads, as they are mainly whey protein and taste rather awful and synthetic. I have become accustomed to the taste of the powder (after 2 years!) it is slightly dull flour like, but I don't add anything to it and actually is a comfort food for me in the mornings to energise me.

So if anyone else is interested to supplement protein (I supplement around 30g a day, the RDI I take into account is 1g protein: 1kg of body weight).. look for something that tells you the breakdown of amino acids, not just total protein yield as it may be imbalanced. Also try to look for GE free soy and organic milk sources, synthetics are inferior in quality.

HTH

ETA: To clarify, an essential amino acid is something the body cannot produce by itself, must be supplemented from the diet. So if you don't eat a wide spectrum of protein sources you are bound to be deficient in one or more essential amino acids.

As from Wikipedia, there is a list of the essential amino acids - and RDI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_amino_acid
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |