Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which Oil for makeup removal followed by cleanser?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone:

I know the topic of oils on the face has been discussed at great length and I have read most of those posts. I tried the MAC Cleanse Off Oil and it left my face an utter mess: dehydrated, scaley, and bumpy. I'm still healing from the bumps, scars, and flakey skin and it's so depressing.

I did like, however, that my makeup "slid" off my face. Can anyone recommend an oil for makeup removal? I'm not really interested in trying another Oil Cleanser, rather I just want a simple oil that will adequately take my makeup off. I will still follow my regular cleanser. Since my skin is a mess, I don't want to try to OCM either.

So which one? Almond Oil? Grapeseed oil? Kernal seed oil? Jojoba oil? Or do these oils even work on their own as makeup removers? I have very sensitive, oily but dehydrated skin. Thanks!
girlywhirly

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've found great success with jojoba oil, followed up by a super-gentle cleansing bar.

girlywhirly
lorisu
5% products discount

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I use jojoba oil to remove my makeup. I find it's nice and moisturising but also washes off easily and doesn't clog my pores.

I've tried olive oil and grapeseed oil but found them to be too heavy and left an oily film on my skin.

Everyone's skin is different so it may just be a matter of trial and error to find what works for you Smile
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks!

Do you just rub it all over your dry face for a minute or 2 and then rinse off?
lorisu
5% products discount

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
LL wrote:

Do you just rub it all over your dry face for a minute or 2 and then rinse off?

I rub it over my face until my makeup disolves then just wipe the oil and makeup off with a warm face cloth.

I don't think the oil would just rinse off with water, although I suppose if you were using another cleanser you could use that straight over the top.
mumushop
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I use jojoba oil. It's work for me.
rebeccaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
jojoba oils will be lighter in texture
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:23 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend jojoba oil to remove makeup also.. Don't know about waterproof makeup though.
Liss
5% products discount

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
I would recommend jojoba oil to remove makeup also.. Don't know about waterproof makeup though.

I thought the hole point of using oil to remove makeup was that a oil cleanser removes more then water would.
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Seems like jojoba oil it is.

How much do you usually use? Do you need to "warm" it up between your hands?

To Liss and Lisey: I thought jojoba oil would take care of waterproof make up too?
Liss
5% products discount

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I thought jojoba oil would take care of waterproof make up too?

This is correct. You need an oil based remover to dissolve the oils that are making it waterproof.
Why dont you test it ( I would but I am waiting for a new shipment.)

I personally have only used the jojoba oil for hydration. I find it easier to use my favorite Biotherm Biotherm - Biocils Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Liss wrote:
Lisey wrote:

I thought the hole point of using oil to remove makeup was that a oil cleanser removes more then water would.

Well I'm not sure about waterproof because I personally don't wear any waterproof makeup.. although, I tried a waterproof mascara before and it was soo hard to get off even with oil. Maybe it's just the mascara..
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
The oil I like best is erno laszlo active phelitly oil. It takes off my waterproof suncreen and makeup. I follow that with my cleanser.I've had no breakouts.
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I like DHC cleansing oil, it is no.1 selling makeup removal oil in Japan.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I am interesting in Jojoba oil right know Laughing
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
The Garden of Wisdom sells a very nice oil cleanser at a very low price. I've been using it for almost a month now, and I love it! It's at gardenofwisdom.com
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Fancl's cleaning oil is perfect!
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for everyone's responses. I was tempted to dry the DHC and Fancl cleansing oils before but I choose MAC Cleanse Off because it was easy to get. Plus, MUA has great reviews. I had a terrible reaction to the MAC Clease Off so I am a little scared to try another commercial oil cleanser. I wanted to use one base oil to remove eyemakeup and face makeup so that I will know exactly what caused the terrible reaction from the MAC Cleanse Off.

Can anyone tell me how much jojoba oil they use? And does jojoba oil have a smell? I bought a bottle about a year ago and didn't use much of it because my skin had a terrible reaction to something I was trying out. I just reopened it and it has a odd smell. How long does jojoba oil last for?
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I've been using grapeseed oil and have been totally pleased with it. (I just happened to buy a bottle of Aura Cacia brand at Trader Joe's. Then when I got it home, figured I'd try it out as a makeup remover.) Anyway, it seems to have the same properties as jojoba, i.e., it's light, no strong scent, doesn't clog my pores.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Please do a spot test first. Jojoba oil broke me out big time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Organic Jojoba oil of desert essence.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Olive oil also works well.

I heard that castor oil shouldn't be used; someone said that it was drying. I don't how true that it is since I've never used castor oil.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |