Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Clove oil for blemishes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
There were a few reviews on MUA that intrigued me, but I've never heard of clove oil being effective on blemishes. Has anyone tried something like this?

http://www.enessa.com/products/oils.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
That's really interesting. I get those type of spots which can be quite painful.

From my aromatherapy book it says clove oil may alleviate infectious wounds as well as skin sores, leg ulcurs and the chronic skin disease lupus.

So it sounds up to the job Wink

Looking at the properties of the oil I can see why it would be good. Here are some of them: analgesic, anaesthetic, antiseptic, disinfectant,

I've never thought about applying it to my face though. I've used it for toothache and it's very strong so you'd have to be careful. But I imagine if you made a blend with it at the right dose it would be ok and interesting to try out.

Definately worth making your own too as the ingredients are so simple. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a recipe Smile

Edited to add

I've been looking for recipes and haven't found any yet. It does say that it's best to use a low concentration as it may irritate people with sensitive skin so that's probably why it's not so popular as lavender etc.. but if it works then definately worth trying!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I came across this website which has quite a few interesting articles.

This is what it said about clove oil

Quote:
Oil #10: Clove Essential Oil

The power of Clove essential oil is noted upon the first sensing of the aroma – it is quite strong, sharp and earthy. Clove oil has been found to be the strongest anti-oxidant of any essential oil, and is a component of ‘longevity’ formulas. It is also an extremely potent antibacterial, effective against a broader range of microbes than any other oil except perhaps Oregano – Clove oil has even been employed to sterilize surgical instruments. Clove also has analgesic properties, and can be used to temporarily reduce the pain of toothache. Clove oil (or ground cloves) is also a component of Dr. Huda Clark’s anti-parasite protocol, helping eliminate parasites from one’s digestive system. This is a very powerful oil which should be diluted to 1% or less for topical application.

I'm definately going to make some up now I know what percentage to use.

Thanks for your tip, I've actually got jojoba and clove oil so don't have to buy anything Laughing which is a first for me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I looked up some more info. randomly through googling "clove oil"+blemishes and found that this stuff can be quite irritating, so please be careful if you're concocting your own acne treatment with it!

Here's a link to the MUA reviews as well. There are not many, though:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=27824/Clove_Oil/Enessa/Skincare_-_Face/

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I'll be even more careful then. Maybe 0.05 percent concentration and I'll do a patch test first.

The reviews sound great don't they. I wish I could get Enessa in Ireland.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Clove oil is pretty strong and potent and I wouldn't put it on my face. Would work well in a skin ointment for wounds and such but not used directly. I'd stick with safer oils, like Tea Tree and Lavender, for facial skin which work well and can be used neat for spot treatments every now and then, or diluted for more regular use.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Really, you don't think it's worth the risk. I'm only thinking of using it as I've not had much luck with either tea tree or lavender. I would make a blend with jojoba. I would never apply it neat. I get cyctic acne around my neck and jawline monthly Sad I would rather buy it but it's only available in the US.

wildflower wrote:
Clove oil is pretty strong and potent and I wouldn't put it on my face. Would work well in a skin ointment for wounds and such but not used directly. I'd stick with safer oils, like Tea Tree and Lavender, for facial skin which work well and can be used neat for spot treatments every now and then, or diluted for more regular use.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
rebelgirl wrote:
Really, you don't think it's worth the risk. I'm only thinking of using it as I've not had much luck with either tea tree or lavender. I would make a blend with jojoba. I would never apply it neat. I get cyctic acne around my neck and jawline monthly Sad I would rather buy it but it's only available in the US.

wildflower wrote:

It's highly sensitizing so no, I wouldn't risk it but it's up to you. Have you tried a blend of maybe frankincense and rose? These are both great oils that can be used for facial skin care and they are both antifungal and antibacterial. I'd try these 2 oils first. Keep in mind that you only need a couple of drops of rose in a 15 - 20 ml bottle of a carrier oil and just a few drops of Frankincense as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the clove oil, supposedly Jennifer Aniston uses it, but other than making my face smell like altoids I didn't really get any benefits. However it is really tough to get rid of blemishes when I get them. I will say that I didn't have any sensitivity issues but ultimately it didn't really do anything for me. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
where can we buy clove oil?
rebelgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I really appreciate your valuable advice so I won't be using the clove oil now.

I've just ordered some rose oil and have frankincense so I'll make the blend you recommended. I wanted a facial oil so it solves two problems. These oils are much more appealing than clove oil Very Happy I've heard good things about rose oil but I didn't realise frankincense would help too.

wildflower wrote:

It's highly sensitizing so no, I wouldn't risk it but it's up to you. Have you tried a blend of maybe frankincense and rose? These are both great oils that can be used for facial skin care and they are both antifungal and antibacterial. I'd try these 2 oils first. Keep in mind that you only need a couple of drops of rose in a 15 - 20 ml bottle of a carrier oil and just a few drops of Frankincense as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
This is where I got my clove oil in case anyone is interested in using it. HTH

http://www.isabellacatalog.com/prod.cfm/pgc/21300/sbc/21302/inv/4352

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Smile
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Oh,I'll try use it! Thanks! Surprised
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
gigiab6 wrote:
This is where I got my clove oil in case anyone is interested in using it. HTH

http://www.isabellacatalog.com/prod.cfm/pgc/21300/sbc/21302/inv/4352

Thx. Surprised
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Enessa clove oil. It's not straight up clove- it's mixed with other non-disclosed EO's in a jojoba oil base. It's the ONLY thing that will completely dissolve the cysts that I get near my chin. They can last for a month or more, but the Enessa shrinks them away within 1 1/2 -2 weeks, generally.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Clove oil is not something I wold recommend someone use for blemishes, as it is known to be very irritating.
I would suggest a blend of Oregano, Tea Tree and Seabuckthorn. Of course they should be diluted with a carrier oil, or Aloe Vera Gel.
If you're really oily I'd add Cedar to the basic blend.
If you're really inflamed and sore I'd add Yarrow to the basic blend.
hotiron123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
As with any essential oil, you should be very cautious on the amount you use. You should dilute it (with glycerin, water doesn't do with trick) first and use only a small amount.
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm bumping this up because I was just curious if anyone has had luck using clove oil either for acne or acne scars. I read on a beauty blog about using it (in a carrier oil) to help fade post acne marks. (http://leonsbeautytipsandsecrets.com/clove-for-acne-and-acne-scars/) Anybody with firsthand experience on this?

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |