Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
SKII Airtouch - What Sunscreen Are You Putting Under?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Girlzmommie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I am seriously planning to invest in a SKII Airtouch system - but what about sunscreen?

Those that are using it now - what sunscreen do you use underneath, and if you use a physical block (like I do) what about the white-ish cast and how does that effect the foundation color?

Also - are you guys using any primers underneath the SKII? How is it for oily skin/breakthrough?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I currently use Clarins UV 40 sunscreen underneath mine. Might try switching to something stronger for the summer, though. No probs at all with a white cast or shine at the moment, but the Clarins does sit pretty well under make-up in any case.

I don't use any primer at all. There doesn't seem to be any need for me.

Can't help you with the oily skin question, though, as my skin is dry. You can wear powder underneath - yes, underneath! I know that sounds weird, and I was very dubious when the SA told me about that, but it does actually work.

Perhaps you might want to get a SA to apply some to you, then return later in the day when you've had a chance to see how it wears on your skin. I think it's the most fabulous foundation ever, but it is expensive to buy the sprayer so it's probably worth testing it before splashing out your cash.
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I use the NIA24 physical SPF30 all over and the Shu Uemura SPF50 PA+++ on my problem spots (sun damage, melasma, acne scars, yuk). Even though the NIA24 is physical block I have not had a problem with a white cast. The Airtouch goes over the NIA24 just fine.

I don't use a primer at all. I use Jurlique HRG for moisturiser and Cle de Peau concealer (plus all my colour makeup of course). After the Airtouch has set I dust my nose and surrounding areas lightly with Jurlique Silk Dust. This does not interfere with the finish, just there to absorb oil. If I were to use the Airtouch alone yes oil would come through, the Airtouch has no mattifying properties at all. If you have oilies you def need an oil absorber like the Silk Dust along with the Airtouch.

I do not have extremely oily skin, only on my nose and right around my nose. The Silk Dust is enough for me but very oily ladies might need more.

HTH!
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I use Shishedo 30 spf if I am going out in the sun with the SKII airtouch. In London though these days I tend not to bother! [I know its bad and I should but I really can't see the sun to justify layering sunscreen on]

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Can you tell me how you are liking the SKII Airtouch system? I read about it and have been curious.
I have oily skin so I'm wondering about compatibility and I live in Florida so sunscreen under foundation is a must.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Airtouch since the end of January and still LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It is fab and I am never going back to MMU or traditional foundation. Here's a link with some reviews (including my original one):

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18589&highlight=airtouch

I just finished the first sachet of foundation so for me, with everyday use, one sachet lasts about a month and a half.

Airtouch on its own will not do anything to control your oilies, you'll have to use other products for that like the Jurlique Silk Dust that I use.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:57 am      Reply with quote
stellamaris wrote:
I have been using the Airtouch since the end of January and still LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It is fab and I am never going back to MMU or traditional foundation. Here's a link with some reviews (including my original one):

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18589&highlight=airtouch

I just finished the first sachet of foundation so for me, with everyday use, one sachet lasts about a month and a half.

Airtouch on its own will not do anything to control your oilies, you'll have to use other products for that like the Jurlique Silk Dust that I use.

I have dry skin, but agree with all that stellamaris says. I'd really hate to have to go back to conventional foundations. Absolutely love this stuff.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:16 am      Reply with quote
joani.sp wrote:
Can you tell me how you are liking the SKII Airtouch system? I read about it and have been curious.
I have oily skin so I'm wondering about compatibility and I live in Florida so sunscreen under foundation is a must.

i've used this with several different sunscreens under it and it seems to hold up well. however, for extreme heat and humidity, you'll probably have to do the extra step stellamaris mentions of using a mattifying powder both under and over it to keep the oilies at bay. i personally use Erno Laszlo Shake-It over my sunscreen and under the foundation if i'm going to be in extreme heat (i use the heavy-duty euro sunscreens). i've only gotten the chance to try this twice under my SK-II in very hot conditions and it still looked good. whether this will hold up to extreme conditions and excessive face sweating (moi), i don't know yet as this will be the first summer of using it for just about everyone.

you can also use this more as a "finishing spray" if you have a good routine that already works for you and keeps you properly matte and all. this way you would less of the product, but still get that really nice airbrush look. it's just a gorgeous product and it doesn't break me out (which a majority of nice foundations tend to do).
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all of your helpful comments!
I'm intrigued by using powder under and over the product. I'm so tempted to play hookie from school and run over to my local Saks. Is it true that Saks is the only store that has this product? I remember reading that they had an exclusive.
This may be just the product I need for my uneven skin tone.
We were also discussing Laszlo on another thread and perhaps it's time to revisit their Shake-up which I loved 20 years ago when my skin was even oilier!
Thanks again Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I use La Roche Posey's Anthelios XL. I always use a primer though, really like Clarins, Peter Thomas Roth, also Prescriptives Magic (recently got a sample of this, works great). hths. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |