Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IFP Pearl Cream helped my hormonal acne
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
sark wrote:
is everyone still happy with this? i have combo skin and have been using naturderm's chrysallyx as my moisturizer, but i think it's a bit too rich for my skin (too many butters), b/c i'm still breaking out. i'm thinking of switching to a pearl cream instead, and was thinking if i can't get hold of carekate that maybe i should try the ifp one . . .

Hi Sark. I've been using mine for a little longer than a week and I have to tell you that I love, LOVE this stuff! Every spot I get would deflat the next morning for me! I apply mine nightly.. The only thing is that it's hard to spread. I apply a tiny pea size ammount on damp skin, but it is soo worth it!! My sister (with oily-normal skin) has Mary's Pearl Paste and she said it's really creamy like whipped cream and it's really easy to spread for her. She said it also helps her blackheads and spots. I'm happy with IFP pearl cream and would definiatly repurchase!

good to know Smile do you have the moisturizing or mattifying?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
Lisey wrote:
sark wrote:
is everyone still happy with this? i have combo skin and have been using naturderm's chrysallyx as my moisturizer, but i think it's a bit too rich for my skin (too many butters), b/c i'm still breaking out. i'm thinking of switching to a pearl cream instead, and was thinking if i can't get hold of carekate that maybe i should try the ifp one . . .

Hi Sark. I've been using mine for a little longer than a week and I have to tell you that I love, LOVE this stuff! Every spot I get would deflat the next morning for me! I apply mine nightly.. The only thing is that it's hard to spread. I apply a tiny pea size ammount on damp skin, but it is soo worth it!! My sister (with oily-normal skin) has Mary's Pearl Paste and she said it's really creamy like whipped cream and it's really easy to spread for her. She said it also helps her blackheads and spots. I'm happy with IFP pearl cream and would definiatly repurchase!

good to know Smile do you have the moisturizing or mattifying?

I have the moisturizing one! I have dry-combo skin. Smile
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
thanks - my skin is so finicky - dry in some spots, and prone to congestion at the same time (blemishes/blackheads), but not really oily, on the surface at least . . .
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
still lovin the IFP pearl cream. Am getting ready to order some in a larger size. Its a must have for me.

I put some in hand, apply a few drops of water and mash it with the water a bit then spread on skin with fingertips applying a very light layer. Add thicker layer to any breakouts, and it clears them often overnight or in a day or two.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Me too Tangal.. I got this because of your review! I'm glad I got it! Very Happy I spritz my face with distilled water and then spread IFP cream all over my face. Cool Next morning, bumps would deflat or disappear..

sark - I know what you mean.. My skin is dry only on certain areas and I would usually get pores on my nose and forehead.. They are not quite oily either.. I guess they are called T-zones? My cheeks are usually normal and sometimes dry but never oily. Question hmm
Velvettt
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Add me to the list of fans for this. I have the mattifying cream sample right now and I am definitely buying the full size. I've been using mine differently than the others. It's my daytime treatment, while I am testing emu oil for my nighttime one. I began trying MMU a month ago and the improvement in my skin has inspired me to go on. This forum got me interested in pearl stuff and the raves for IFP (and ease of ordering samples from them) sent me there. NO REGRETS!!

p.s. 50 yr old, oily, acne-prone skin, visible crowsfeet but no other wrinkles.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Just a heads up about IFP's new pearl cream: they've added silk powder into the ingredients too!! I gotta go get me some...
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
yeah I have some on order also. Smile yippee!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Ok ladies, educamate me. What will the silk powder do to change the product? What changes? I'm not a traditional powder fan so I'm curious.

Kimberly
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Ok ladies, educamate me. What will the silk powder do to change the product? What changes? I'm not a traditional powder fan so I'm curious.

Kimberly

Just more amino acids.. and more benefits. Smile

About silk powder:

Silk powder is an amazingly unique powder that is able to adjust to individual skin needs. It contains 18 amino acids and many beneficial properties:

Has the ability to absorb or release moisture as the skin needs
Acts as an anti-inflammatory
Absorbs oil
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lisey. I emailed Kim. The drying oil part had me concerned as I love the serums and I wondered how that would work.

kimberly
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Could someone please post the IFP website. I had it but didn't put it im my favorites.
TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.ifeelprettyproducts.com
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Thanks Lisey. I emailed Kim. The drying oil part had me concerned as I love the serums and I wondered how that would work.

kimberly

Kimberly, could you post Kim's reply when you get it? I am curious about that also, as I use the clarifying serum in the mornings. Thanks.
jwils
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I just received a sample of the Mattifying Pearl Cream and applied it by spritzing my face with the Antioxidant Mist first. I also spritzed a little Antioxidant Mist on the Pearl Cream on my finger and tried to mix it in, but the Cream was still a little dry and hard to spread.

The texture of my sample is more solid than creamy. If anyone is familiar with the PSF Acne Treatment Mud when it starts to dry out, the texture is very similar to that.

Is this the way the texture is supposed to be?
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
For me, the easiest way to work with the mattifying cream (and the term 'cream' is probably not the best to describe the consistency) is to put a half pea-sized amount in the palm of my hand, then add a few drops of water to it, giving it a thinner consistency. Then I am able to spread it easily & thinly over my face. A little goes a long way when you use the water.

If anyone would like to PM or email me, I would be happy to discuss the pearl creams & how to use them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kim. I will try your suggestion of mixing the pearl cream in my palm with some of the Antioxidant Mist.

I just read your other post regarding the differences in texture between the Moisturizing Pearl Cream & the Mattifying Pearl Cream, too. Thanks for clarifying what the texture should be like. I wasn't too sure if the sample I received was ok since I was expecting more of a creamy product, but after reading your post, am certain that it is exactly as it should be.

Thanks again.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I just got mine today Razz I prefer it when i dampened my face first and then applied. Its too soon to see results...Im not exactly sure what results you get with it??

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
do these need to be refigerated at all? how long are they good for?
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Alright i know ive only used it 2 days but can this break you out? As ive suddenly gotten some pimples and my blackhead prone areas look worse.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
When I first started using it, it brought a lot of impurities to the surface. But after a week or two, everything seemed to clear out & look even better than before.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kim, I'll keep using and see how it goes. P.s I love the smell of these products!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Just weighing in again after almost four weeks of using the PC. I realized today looking in the mirror that the pores on the left cheek have virtually disappeared. My right side is more noticeable but 'cleaner' looking. I'm hoping I can get the right looking like the left. Smile. I'm going to have to get the full size of this. If anyone has used the newer formulation I'd be curious to hear if you've noticed a difference or not.

kimberly
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
is the pearl cream ok to use on top of BHA lotion?
TIA

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |