Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IFP Pearl Cream helped my hormonal acne
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I used to have very very oil acne prone skin, that always had at least one or two pimples, here and there. Never really bad, but bad enough to be annoying, since I always had at least one or two zits 24/7.

Through changes I made in skin care products used, treatments and suppliments, I have basically changed my skin to “normal” and acne free. Though I do still get a few small pimples on chin and jaw line, once a month, that are hormonal related.

These do heal faster then they used to, and are smaller, and less prone to become cystic, but I do still get them.

A few months ago I added in a daily Homemade silk and pearl powder blend to my skin twice a day. This has helped those hormonal pimples dry up faster, but I still was getting them.

Recently, I added in the I Feel Pretty Moisterizing Pearl Cream, twice a day, with the dusting of my homemade pearl powder. (www.ifeelprettyproducts.com) – this replaced my moisterizing skin oils for me. (though I will probably add them back in later)

Low and behold, with this months scheduled hormonal breakout time came around, I had NO pimples or inflammation at all. Not one! I am jazzed. This is the first month I have not had any hormonal pimples or swelling or tenderness in years.

I know it is not just the Pearl moisturizer, but a combo of all the things I am doing. However – for me- this seems to be the last step I needed to finally lick the acne issues.

I am very happy, since I have been working on this for awhile now, trying to fine-tune everything for my needs.

So for those with similar struggles, you may want to also consider adding in the Pearl treatment products of choice and see if they help you out as well. For me I found the cream helped "stop" the hormonal acne, the powder helped dry any occassional zit that popped up.

I have not tried other brands to compare results.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:33 am      Reply with quote
*cheers* Hurray first review for the Pearl Creme. I was so surprised when I went on the site last week and saw this. Surprised and excited as I have been planning to buy some Pearl Creme in preparation for Winter.

Which formulation did you buy? Can you use it under make up? Does it leave a white face?

Sorry for bombarding you. Embarassed

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:15 am      Reply with quote
Here I was refering to the moisterizing Cream. No it does not leave face white, you only use a tiny bit. A pea sized amount, dribble some water on your finger and apply. (I like to apply to damp skin) Thinner then a traditional moisterizer lotion.

The cream is actually a palke yellow, but if you apply thinnlky, as you arere supposed to its transparant on the skin. You can buy a sample to try out.

I DO apply under makeup (or alone over my other treatments). Smile Personally I can use this year round and will do so. Its moisterizing but not heavy or thick at all.

I also have the Mattifier product, but only used it once so not ready to review it yet - BUT it does not leave a white cast either.

There were a few other reveiws, but they were stuck on another thread, and did not note the Acne issue, which is why I made a seperate comment, as they were addressing other stuff.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the quick reply Tangal Very Happy.

This sounds really interesting. Why did you add water? With CareKate's version I apply as is, but I find it can flake off if rubbed so that is why I would ever only use it at night. To hear this can be used under makeup is a GREAT thing.

I might try it as samples as suggested Wink

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
you just add a drop or so of water to moisten it, or you can just apply to a moist face.

The product is a firm cream. Not really "creamy" - kind of stiff. A touch of moisture makes it spread and absorb nice and easy. As long as you don't apply to much or to thick, I have never had any flacky bits.

Applying to a damp face, or slightly dampening product is the recomended instructions from IFP.

I wear it under a liquid foundation. I have also used it under a bronser powder or mineral makeup only.

I also wear it durning the day with no makeup. Just leaves a nice moist velvety finish. really makes skin feel soft.

My skin is normal, tends toward oily. Not sure if it would be different with dry prone skin. But I know if skin is not moist, or you don't moisten product, durning application - it is harder to blend/spread evenly in a thin layer.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Tangal -- just curious. were your hormonal breakouts regular pimples or of the cystic kind?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
both. But mostly regular.

They used to be worse, more of the deeper cystic type.

But in the past few years, based on other changes I have made, I have gotten them "controled" to where they were mostly about three regular ones and one or two cystic ones. (for a week every month, clear the rest of the time)

But they were shallower and less deep then they had been in past years. And they healed much much faster.

So not the deep, "to the bone" type. Rather just a very large inflamation swollen red area, but of a shallower variety. But deeper then a standard pimple. More inflamation, with not much of a real head.

I don't know if that makes any sense.

I have increased and changed my suppliments over the past 4 years, (though not recently) incluiding a focus on specific skin care suppliments and anti-oxidants , along with changes in skincare products used. I believe that helped lessen the number of cystic pimples, and lessen their severity and make for faster healing. (in my case)

I know that does not work for everyone. For me it did help though. As well as eliminate my daily pimple battle completely.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
thank you, Tangal, it does. i've made many changes as well, but sometimes i feel like i'm a teen again! in my case, i almost get giddy when i get a "normal|" pimple as mine tend to be the monster type that take residence for a long stay.... fascinated by the idea of pearl cream, but still a bit wary. getting samples sent to france is a pain, but i'll be in the states next month and think i'll give it a try. i know kim has battled with acne as well, so that gives me a sense of security. (i know she doesn't use rosehip which i love! do you know about shea?)
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I personally don't use Shea butter on the face, if thats what you are asking. Smile

Fine on the body.

I just feel it would be heavier then I am comfortable with for facial use.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
I personally don't use Shea butter on the face, if thats what you are asking. Smile

actually, i was asking if kim used it any of her products (i'm suffering saturday morning lazies)....

shea breaks me out like mad, to the extent i've stopped using it even on my body lest my clothes or sheets come in contact with my face. (the only thing that is worse for me is bismuth, and that's only by a hair!)
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I received my sample of the pearl cream on Thursday. Wore it yesterday under makeup and then applied again at night before bed. I'm also using my rejuvenating serum on top. I didn't find it as dry as I'd expected after reading the other thread. I woke up this morning and my face felt like velvet.

To whomever asked how it compared to Carrie's - I had a sample of Carrie's pearl powder - so not really a good comparison but I found Kim's to be somewhat more fine in texture and I liked the way it felt on the skin better. I do have drier skin but had no problems with application. I used IFP's facial spritz and had no problems. The sample will last forever.
kimberly
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
oh - she does not use it in any of her facial products. Her body lotion does have some Shea butter in it, and I know she is working on a body butter, so it may have shea.

I went through my cream sample fast. I used it twice a day on face, neck, and chest though. Smile

I also have the powder, it will last a long time I believe.

Bluesheart - do you mean CareKates Pearl "cream" or do you mean the Pearl "powder"?

Because the powder of course would compare different then the cream product. Just did not want to confuse everyone. LOL

I think you mean the carekate Pearl Cream vs the IFP Pearl Cream? Right. (The moisterizing version, not the mattifier version)

Or did you mean IFP Pearl Powder compred to CareKates pearl Powder?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Shock What a loon I am today. *sigh* No wonder you were confuzeled. I went up to my vanity to look and I must have tossed the sample from CareKate. I'm going to guess, due to time frame, that I had the CK powder. Can't really compare apples to oranges can we? I do remember there were quite a few bits of the pearl that annoyed me. Maybe because it was a powder?

Thanks TG. I'll use La Vie's excuse that it's Saturday.

kimberly
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
well never used the CK powder, so can't comment. But I have used my homemade version and IFP version, and did not notice pearl or other "bits" in either.

Maybe you just had an "off" batch or something. Wink
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal,
I am so happy to read your reveiw! I've been struggling with acne my entire life (and I am 41!! Shock Confused !!). It seems that lately my ance have gotten even worse. Now I'm into cystic and all over the face Sad (where before it was regular acne on the edges of my face - jaw-line and near the hair line).
Just last week I ordered Mary's entire Silken Pearl product line - the cream, the primer and the mist. I can hardly wait to receive them. I have such high hopes for these Pearl Powder products.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Rubby Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
How do you make homemade pearl powder?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
How do you make homemade pearl powder?

Check this thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17656
HTH
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I just placed an order on this.. will report back results after I get it. Smile
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I use the mattifying and I love it.
I'm still trying to work out the best order (before or after sunscreen...I lean towards after...) but it makes foundation application a breeze.

Alas...I too am experiencing skin changes. My happy winter matte skin is giving way to oily shinyness...time to pull out the Essential and YY balm again!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Is IFP's version supposed to be applied as close to skin as possible like Mary's or Carekate's? Meaning should it be applied right after any serums and before moisturizers or even right after toning if you don't use any acids or Vit C? Because I thought it's less effective if you use it as the last step.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I still use CareKate's right next to my skin. Then I put on Decleor YY, after that my sunscreen, and then the mattifying cream. I guess I treat it more as a primer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
IFP Pearl products are the most effective applied next to the skin. So the Pearl Moisturizer or Mattifier go before foundation and sunscreen. After acids, thin serums and gels.

If sunscreen leaves a shine on skin, you can add the Pearl powder after the sunscreen as a final mattifier.

The IFP Pearl Primer powder can also be used after foundation as an Anti-shine setting powder. But I imagine it would be most effective "activity/treatment" wise when applied next to the skin.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
is everyone still happy with this? i have combo skin and have been using naturderm's chrysallyx as my moisturizer, but i think it's a bit too rich for my skin (too many butters), b/c i'm still breaking out. i'm thinking of switching to a pearl cream instead, and was thinking if i can't get hold of carekate that maybe i should try the ifp one . . .
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:12 am      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
is everyone still happy with this? i have combo skin and have been using naturderm's chrysallyx as my moisturizer, but i think it's a bit too rich for my skin (too many butters), b/c i'm still breaking out. i'm thinking of switching to a pearl cream instead, and was thinking if i can't get hold of carekate that maybe i should try the ifp one . . .

Sark, Pearl Powder products are excellent for acne-prone skin. I haven't tried CareKate's or IFP products, but I'm sure they are both great (you could search for other reviews).
I am very acne-prone (cystic and inflamatory acne) and have recently started using Silken Pearl line (peal powder and silk powder + other stuff), and am extremely happy with results. You can read my review here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22569
Good luck!

Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
sark wrote:

Hi Sark. I've been using mine for a little longer than a week and I have to tell you that I love, LOVE this stuff! Every spot I get would deflat the next morning for me! I apply mine nightly.. The only thing is that it's hard to spread. I apply a tiny pea size ammount on damp skin, but it is soo worth it!! My sister (with oily-normal skin) has Mary's Pearl Paste and she said it's really creamy like whipped cream and it's really easy to spread for her. She said it also helps her blackheads and spots. I'm happy with IFP pearl cream and would definiatly repurchase!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |