Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
:: Review :: DDF Organic sunblock
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Firstly, I really liked this! Got it from EDS just in time for my holiday (to the South of France) and was a little concerned as I usually like to try things before going away. I bought this for my face only, I can use most sun lotions on my body with no problem, but because of oily/sensitive skin have to be careful what I put on my face. I like physical blocks too, they seem to help keep my face cooler and I dont look so red and flustered! I only used this once a day as I wear foundation, Im afraid I cant face the world without makeup even on my hols. I applied it to slightly damp skin, and left it for 10 mins before applying my makeup. It makes a good base, so no problems there. I'm not one for spending all day sunbathing, and as much as possible I walk in the shade etc, and on the beach I always have face shaded under an umbrella, so I cant say how well it would have protected if I had been in the sun a lot. But, at the end of a fortnight I had the barest hint of a tan and for me that was fine. I have even been using it at home as a base as I like it so much. It can leave a slight whitish cast if you use a lot, but with careful application isnt a problem. I love the fact there is no fragrance, I used it around my eyes with no irritation at all.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
DDF Organic Sunblock SPF 30 (4 oz.)
DDF Organic Sunblock SPF 30 (4 oz.)

Recommended for irritated, sensitive skin that needs virtually total sunblock protection. Acts as a physical barrier that repels the sun’s harmful UVA/UVB rays. Contains DDF Redox™ Anti-Oxidant Complex for complete free radical protection. Proper use may help reduce the chance of premature aging of the skin and skin cancer.
No chemical sunscreens.
Physical barrier.
11 powerful antioxidants.
Specially formulated for sensitive skin.

indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Lee

Yesterday, i was just thinking about ordering this with other good stuff.
It's been about a week since I joined. Does the sunblock gives a minimal Tan also? I didn’t see it in the product description so I am guessing it’s not a tanner and just a sunblock, which is what I want. Is it too heavy and leave your skin oily afterwards?

Also I do have oily but sensitive skin and Have been struggling to find products for my skin. Can you suggest any and would be helpful to know what use for your skin care, hope I am not being rude by asking something personal. I do get occasional breakout. I do use the decleor cleansing gel, but don’t like it much and ylang ylang baum and oil.
indianT
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:28 am      Reply with quote
The sunblock doesnt have a tanner, just that with me only applying once a day, I did get a hint of a tan after 2 weeks. I am sure that if I had applied the lotion more frequently I would not have tanned at all. I didnt find the DDF too oily, certainly no more so than other products I have used. I dont think its marketed as being particularly matte, but I bought it because of the reviews here and the fact that it was fragrance free etc. I am finding md forte is really helping my skin as far as oilyness and breakouts are concerned. I obviously am a good candidate for glycolic acid..physical exfoliators are not good for me. I have some mild rosacea and a few broken veins (I am 41 years old btw) and the glycolic is fine with that. I used to suffer with pimples and breakouts, but over the last couple of months things have really improved. I did have some samples of decleor products, but could not get on with any of them, far too oily and scented for me!
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:29 am      Reply with quote
wasn't sure about sunblocks since i have never used one Confused
but I will give this a try plus I love to try anything that is organic and plant based.
thanks

indianT
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Lee.. sensitive skin, dry and patches of eczema are my problems but this did the trick for me when I went on vacation in the Bahamas. I didnt get a bad reaction which I have experienced..

For those that liked Skinceuticals Ultimate Defense, it's similar but I found Organic a bit lighter. It's my HG for the summer!

Indiant, I don't think it's too oily.. just be careful with how much you use. The first time I used it, I put on way too much and it was very apparent in the pictures... Confused
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks freckles127,

I usually don't go out much except for the usaual. But one of the sales girl in cosmetic told me that even if you are using a computer for few hours, you should use sunblock for photodamage protection and something else she said but can't remember. How odd.

indianT
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm afanatic of sunblock, I used Obagi but I,m going to try this one
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm ordering it todays thanks for the review
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
i found a sample of ddf organic sunblock spf30 lying around so i decided to try it.

This is one of the best sunblock i've ever used. There is absolutely no smell to it and it goes on like a good moisturizer. it does not streak like some other mineral sunblocks. It contains zinc oxide 4% and titanium dioxide 2.5%. I just ordered a full size today because i was so amazed!!!! Cool
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
zinc oxide 4% and titanium dioxide 2.5%

I'm wondering whether the ingredients are too weak to protect.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
i just go by the spf value for protection instead of the amount of the titanium and zinc. spf30 is really more than enough for me as i generally avoid the sun. as far as i know, spf is determined not by the amount of the active ingredients in the sunscreen, but by actual testing although i'm not familiar with the exact procedure.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
OK, got it, maybe I'll try it during winter time.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Well according to the sunscreen simulator, this has a spf of around 8 and a ppd rating of 5, if, that is, the active ingredients are only zo 4% and t2o 2.5%. that's not adequate protection in my book...

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Well according to the sunscreen simulator, this has a spf of around 8 and a ppd rating of 5, if, that is, the active ingredients are only zo 4% and t2o 2.5%. that's not adequate protection in my book...

--avalange

yes, that's also my concern. but i don't know which one is more scientific?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:

--avalange

Hi Avalange, where did you find the "sunscreen simulator", it seems quite useful to know. Thanks.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
avalange wrote:

--avalange

Hi Avalange, where did you find the "sunscreen simulator", it seems quite useful to know. Thanks.

Hi!

I'm still not sure how the thing works if you don't have percentages of active ingredients on hand, but here you are:

https://www.cibasc.com/SUNSCREENSIMULATOR/ssDisplay.asp

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
that's interesting avalange. but i will still stick with the spf30 label on the bottle since SPF is determined by more than just active ingredients.

SPF value aside, I have really found a good sunscreen which i am looking forward to use every morning. I thought i just wanted to share my experience on this sunblock, i didn't mean to turn this thread into a war of SPF's.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Despite all the above chatter and analysis...I like this product a lot.
It is effective, has geat texture and good "slip", and is kind to my skin!! Very Happy
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:18 am      Reply with quote
dsq wrote:
that's interesting avalange. but i will still stick with the spf30 label on the bottle since SPF is determined by more than just active ingredients.

SPF value aside, I have really found a good sunscreen which i am looking forward to use every morning. I thought i just wanted to share my experience on this sunblock, i didn't mean to turn this thread into a war of SPF's.

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a war on spfs. I'm just so fed up with the search for an effective sunscreen. the us spf rating system is literally oriented toward recreational, and not daily use. we used to think that we only needed sunscreen when we were at the beach, so that we would be protected from burning. hence spf, which measures the amount of time we can theoretically stay out in the sun while wearing a particularly rated sunscreen. this means that not only does spf NOT address the very rays that concern us EDS users (I'm assuming we are all concerned with aging and skin cancer), but that most sunscreens that we buy and wear for anti-aging purposes are not efficient because the formulations are concerned with spf elevation. the spf system needs to change because it is misleading--that is NOT to say that ddf ss or any other dermatological formulations aren't effective. It's just that spf is misleading.

--avalange

marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Looking forward to getting this in my EDS package this week and to start using it. IME, even SPF30 applied daily using a good amount, helps skin tremendously. I look at my skin compared to friends (who have done Botox, Restylane, etc.) and my skin looks much firmer and smoother.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Do you need to pay to use the sunscreen simulator? I am interested in the DDF Enhanced SPF 30 Sunblock.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
thanks so much for your review. I'm one of the person who still looking for some good sunscreen for my face and I watch this item for a long time. I should give it a try.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |