Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cellulite - things tried
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CurlyWurly

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I have been following some of your threads of the last year re. cellulite treatments.

Please can all of you who have bought infrared sauna's, infrared devices or who have used Murad or any other similar products, advise the group on how you are progressing with your treatments.

I am particularly interested in the results from infrared sauna's or the results of vitamin programmes.

Look forward to hearing your replies.

CurlyWurly
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Hiya, Curly (cute name),

I haven't used the treatments you speak of (someone who knows about those can come along and give you some info) and I don't have any cellulite. This is a combination, I think, of four things -- 1.) one good thing I received from the ol' gene pool and, 2.) the fact that I've been drinking lemon and warm water each morning since I was a teenager (back then the only known use was weight reduction/maintenance) and, 3.) I take lecithin everyday and have for 24 years. It's an amazing emulsifier and, finally, 4.) I drink gallons during the day - Natural Spring Water, Tea, etc.

hth

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Cellulite seems to affect combo and long-waisted body types. I am a combo (hourglass figure) and look like a midget Jessica Rabbit, which is both good and bad, believe me. First off, any weight I gain shows up on the lower half and I am prone to cellulite. Now, here are my thoughts on how to beat it and why it's an issue for certain women. I think that it is directly related to the toxification level in one's body - I'm no expert but this seems to be the common denominator that I have read about and noticed it myself. I have always had a super sluggish digestive system and one of my pet projects (I have many) has been to keep the toxins moving. I've only recently become much more successful at this because the light bulb finally went off.

I have the infrared sauna and absolutely LOVE it - one of the fantastic benefits is that it does indeed move toxins out. As with all practices that detox, you have to drink a lot of water. It is an absolute must. Ari's habit of lemon in warm water first thing helps achieve this. I love lemon in my water, as well, and brew my own Kombucha tea (about 4 oz. a day right now). I take MSM in a powdered formula and am now at 8g per day split into two doses. I also take other supplements to assist (antioxidants, amino acids, minerals and things such as Oat Beta Glucans and Mushroom) - some, such as the mushroom, I've shelved while working on my candida battle. The point is that I am taking a lot of things to move the garbage OUT. I also own a rebounder, which is a mini-trampoline and while I haven't used it recently, I do plan to start again as it is the only exercise known to initiate the lymph system (dry brushing also does when performed in a certain pattern).

One of my other problems was that I always had break outs on my back and, until about 4-5 months ago, on my chest. My chest cleared up some time ago but I was still having intermittent problems with my back. I had been washing with Head & Shoulders as it contains zinc but would still occasionally break out. I am happy to say that my back is CLEAR now and I believe it is due to MSM because it is a strong detox. Whee! Another proof that my battle is working is that my cellulite is diminishing significantly and I am actually 9 lbs. heavier than my goal weight and when I have experienced minimal cellulite. My skin is looking nicely toned (not perfect yet, though) and I have stopped taking anti-cellulite supplements so I could pinpoint what the MSM was doing.

Another front that is important is to keep the sugar intake down and eat a healthy, balanced diet (I know, everyone says this). Exercise is also key for the obvious health benefits but to help keep the muscles toned, as well.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ari

Thanks for your reply.

Sounds like good advice to me. Lecithin I have only just heard about through reading Dr Murad’s book The Cellulite Solution. As you have been taking it for years and you have no cellulite, perhaps this is evidence that taking it can help. As for lemon juice and hot water, I have heard of this before and will give it a try although I’m sure it takes a bit of getting used to. I’ve tried hot water before but it has always made me gag lol…

Scalawaggirl

Interesting what you say about combo and long waisted body types. I am combo (hourglass) shaped and am prone to weight gain and cellulite on the lower body.

I too have also recently come to the conclusion that the problem is one of toxification, hence my question about infrared saunas. I have read that they good for detoxification, I just wasn’t sure if this had any affect on cellulite i.e. does the skin appear less dimpled/congested as a result of use. I have been thinking of buying one for some time now, and whilst I want to have the benefits of detoxifying my body on the whole, it would just be an absolute "bonus" if it helped with cellulite too.

I have suffered food sensitivities (wheat, diary) and have also had problems with digestion, which I feel quite sure, have added to the problem. And in the past I have had a poor diet and without realising it, I have spent a lot of time dehydrated too – is it any wonder I suffer from cellulite…!!!

I now “try” to eat healthily and make sure that I drink at least a litre and a half to 2 litres of water a day. But I know that this isn’t enough to get rid of cellutlie, and that if I want to “repair” my body, I need to take a more proactive approach.

I once tried taking powdered MSM (in water – and it was only about ˝ a teaspoon) but it was so bitter, I just couldn’t bear the taste. How do you manage 8g a day..? I guess it’s something that you get used after a while. Interesting that you say you have stopped taking anti-cellulite supplements but your cellulite is diminishing significantly. Would you say that the MSM was a large part of this? In fact would you say that MSM was more useful than anti-cellulite supplements. I hope you don't mind all the questions, it's just that you seem to have spent a lot of time experimenting and figuring this problem out and you've had great results!

Ari and Scalawaggirl, thank you both for sharing your routines and for your informative and useful advice. I'm sure that I and many of the readers out there will benefit grealty.

CurlyWurly
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
CurlyWurly wrote:
Scalawaggirl

Interesting what you say about combo and long waisted body types. I am combo (hourglass) shaped and am prone to weight gain and cellulite on the lower body.

I too have also recently come to the conclusion that the problem is one of toxification, hence my question about infrared saunas. I have read that they good for detoxification, I just wasn’t sure if this had any affect on cellulite i.e. does the skin appear less dimpled/congested as a result of use. I have been thinking of buying one for some time now, and whilst I want to have the benefits of detoxifying my body on the whole, it would just be an absolute "bonus" if it helped with cellulite too.

Yes, ma'am, it certainly does have an effect on cellulite! I think it is partly due to the detox effect.

I have suffered food sensitivities (wheat, diary) and have also had problems with digestion, which I feel quite sure, have added to the problem. And in the past I have had a poor diet and without realising it, I have spent a lot of time dehydrated too – is it any wonder I suffer from cellulite…!!!

I now “try” to eat healthily and make sure that I drink at least a litre and a half to 2 litres of water a day. But I know that this isn’t enough to get rid of cellutlie, and that if I want to “repair” my body, I need to take a more proactive approach.

I once tried taking powdered MSM (in water – and it was only about ˝ a teaspoon) but it was so bitter, I just couldn’t bear the taste. How do you manage 8g a day..? I guess it’s something that you get used after a while. Interesting that you say you have stopped taking anti-cellulite supplements but your cellulite is diminishing significantly. Would you say that the MSM was a large part of this? In fact would you say that MSM was more useful than anti-cellulite supplements. I hope you don't mind all the questions, it's just that you seem to have spent a lot of time experimenting and figuring this problem out and you've had great results!

Ahh-hah! You need to put the MSM in something sweet to mask the taste. I used to take it in juice but have since gone to a juice-water (25/75) and it is enough to completely bypass the bitterness. I did this because I'm trying to keep the sugar intake way down. As for your question regarding whether it's due to MSM (the diminishing cellulite), yes, I believe so and I'm comfortable skipping any more supplements in lieu of the MSM due to the other fantastic benefits it gives me. Smile Here's what I drink in the AM:

1 tsp. L-Glutamine
1 tsp. Anti-Anxiety (amino acid mix from Bio-Alternative)
1 tsp. MSM
1/4 tsp. L-Ascorbic Acid

PM it's:

1 tsp. MSM
1/4 tsp. L-Ascorbic Acid

I will be adding Coral Calcium to each mix soon, as well, and do take other supplements but the powdered ones are very easy for me to take since I'm not a fan of pills. I just mix up the juice to water, swirl my powder in and then drink it with a straw. It's gone in seconds!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Arielle,

Do you have a favorite brand of lecithin, or can you advise what to look for when purchasing this? TIA!
clansing

Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I am new to this forum but have really enjoyed reading what you all write about.
I too am long waisted and hour glass type figure. I find lots and lots of water along with exercise decreases cellulite, almost completely.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Lemon or ACV with water, LOTS of water, dry skin brushing, saunas esp FIR, eating clean and avoiding whatever you're allergic to [generally some food or supplement component] all help w/cellulite reduction.

Scallawaggirl, the T-Tapp workout is also a lymphatic-focused routine. www.t-tapp.com

[I have considered getting a rebounder many times, but I'm worried it'll just make me nauseous...all that bouncing.]
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
Lemon or ACV with water, LOTS of water, dry skin brushing, saunas esp FIR, eating clean and avoiding whatever you're allergic to [generally some food or supplement component] all help w/cellulite reduction.

Scallawaggirl, the T-Tapp workout is also a lymphatic-focused routine. www.t-tapp.com

[I have considered getting a rebounder many times, but I'm worried it'll just make me nauseous...all that bouncing.]

Chocolat, you may not be surprised to know that I do all of the above (have an IR sauna) AND have the full T-Tapp workout. Smile Been doing it for a few years now intermittently along with my other workouts and that's where I originally found out about dry brushing! Re: the rebounder, you can do a gentle bounce, which will achieve lymphatic stimulation and avoid the nausea though I've never had that problem since I love to bounce. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Scalla nope I'm not at ALL surprised!
I still want to get my FIR 1-person sauna (DH doesn't like it) but we're doing some remodeling this year and I need to find the space, first.
OK, I may revisit the rebounder idea--what kind do you have?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
Scalla nope I'm not at ALL surprised!
I still want to get my FIR 1-person sauna (DH doesn't like it) but we're doing some remodeling this year and I need to find the space, first.
OK, I may revisit the rebounder idea--what kind do you have?

Maybe you can get a portable one for the time being? That's what I have. This is the rebounder:

http://www.needak-rebounders.com/

Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Okay, well this reply might seem somewhat odd to some, but I do find it really works for me (along with lots of water).
I had done some research into cellulite and had learned it was basically (in a nutshell) 'full fat cells that didn't/wouldn't break up'.
So, about once or twice a week I would have my daughter use a regular baking type rolling pen and "roll" it very, very firmly (as if rolling out stiff bread dough) on the cellulte areas prior to my workout.
Believe it or not, it's not only very affordable, but it seemed to work.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
clansing wrote:
Okay, well this reply might seem somewhat odd to some, but I do find it really works for me (along with lots of water).
I had done some research into cellulite and had learned it was basically (in a nutshell) 'full fat cells that didn't/wouldn't break up'.
So, about once or twice a week I would have my daughter use a regular baking type rolling pen and "roll" it very, very firmly (as if rolling out stiff bread dough) on the cellulte areas prior to my workout.
Believe it or not, it's not only very affordable, but it seemed to work.

Actually, this makes sense to me and given my arsenal of anti-cellulite products/practices, heck, why not give the old rolling pin a whirl - it hasn't seen the light of day for a while so might well appreciate the job. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I drink LOTs of water dont eat meat really healthy go cycling am super skinny long legged with natural muscle definition ....what am I complaing about you ask????? I AM PLAGUED with cellulite!!!! Recently I just thought enough is enough and bought an elancyl cellulite massage shower gel a hard type body massager from the body shop (its brilliant ...hard clear plastic finger things that protrude from the handle) and some anti cellulite creams (one is clarins and the other which I think is better is dior) AND a hard bristle brush for dry skin brushing! seems like a lot of work but it isnt....
dry body brush before the shower ...get in the shower and squeeze some massage gel then use the body shop massager for a few minutes (word of caution I over di it at first and actually bruised myself)...then smear the cream on after shower....
I shower twice a day but only use the dry brushing and shower massage gel once in the morning)
well its WORKING!!!! seriously I am finally shifting that bloody cellulite! I guess its like anything some of us just have to work harder at what others take for granted(think hair...teeth...skin...)....and it doesnt help that we are getting old-er....
good luck dont give up ...make the massage in the shower a routine...I always do that while I am leaving my conditioner in......
Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:47 am      Reply with quote
annachan wrote:
I drink LOTs of water dont eat meat really healthy go cycling am super skinny long legged with natural muscle definition ....what am I complaing about you ask????? I AM PLAGUED with cellulite!!!! Recently I just thought enough is enough and bought an elancyl cellulite massage shower gel a hard type body massager from the body shop (its brilliant ...hard clear plastic finger things that protrude from the handle) and some anti cellulite creams (one is clarins and the other which I think is better is dior) AND a hard bristle brush for dry skin brushing! seems like a lot of work but it isnt....
dry body brush before the shower ...get in the shower and squeeze some massage gel then use the body shop massager for a few minutes (word of caution I over di it at first and actually bruised myself)...then smear the cream on after shower....
I shower twice a day but only use the dry brushing and shower massage gel once in the morning)
well its WORKING!!!! seriously I am finally shifting that bloody cellulite! I guess its like anything some of us just have to work harder at what others take for granted(think hair...teeth...skin...)....and it doesnt help that we are getting old-er....
good luck dont give up ...make the massage in the shower a routine...I always do that while I am leaving my conditioner in......
Very Happy

I know exactly what you mean! That gives me a reason to go into the body shop since I do the wait for my conditioner, as well. Smile Thanks for the info as any practice that is successful has me interested. I do think it's a many-pronged approach. For me, MSM, rebounding, FIR Sauna, and body brushing are all helping with the battle.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
annachan wrote:
Very Happy

Thanks for spreading some hope... Is is this one from the Body Shop?

http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/browse/product_detail.jsp?productId=prod6260031&categoryId=cat20085

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
This massager looks interesting. I just bought a rebounder and holy cow does that thing give a good workout! I'm going to shoot for doing it 20 minutes every day and see what effect that has on me. Another treatment I was reading up on is called a castor oil pack. Has anyone heard or done this? I'm planning to give it a whirl since it supposedly really boosts the lymph system.

http://curezone.com/cures/castoroil.html

That bodyshop massager isn't what I was picturing. I thought it was going to be something that hooks up to the shower head by a hose or something (like a body sprayer). Glad to hear it's working for you annachan. I too am plagued with cellulite and am pretty darn thin! Mad
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
hi ziggy
no thats not the one...it has clear plastic prong like things...I will try and get a pic....
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
here it is
http://shop.the-body-shop.co.jp/ec/html/item/001/001/item71.html

I know thats in japanese but maybe you could print it and ask at the body shop....
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
This massager looks interesting. I just bought a rebounder and holy cow does that thing give a good workout! I'm going to shoot for doing it 20 minutes every day and see what effect that has on me. Another treatment I was reading up on is called a castor oil pack. Has anyone heard or done this? I'm planning to give it a whirl since it supposedly really boosts the lymph system.

http://curezone.com/cures/castoroil.html

That bodyshop massager isn't what I was picturing. I thought it was going to be something that hooks up to the shower head by a hose or something (like a body sprayer). Glad to hear it's working for you annachan. I too am plagued with cellulite and am pretty darn thin! Mad

Hi, Tam! I'm going to try to find that massager when I'm at the airport next and I'll let you all know how it works for me. BTW, my cellulite is diminishing with the candida treatments so hopefully, that will also be the case for you as you detox. Regarding the castor oil packs, I have heard of them but never tried them myself. I understand that castor oil is a very powerful "pulling" agent and I'm going to read more thoroughly on its use. Thanks for the reminder.

Annachan, thanks to you, as well for the picture link. That definitely helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I sure hope mine starts diminishing on this candida detox plan too! I was sure hoping it would anyway!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I've been meaning to do that castor oil pack and havent gotten round to it. I bought some nice castor oil and that's as far as I got.
Rolling Eyes

I dont know anyone who has done it, in my real life. in fact I dont know anyone who even knows about it, in my real life!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I dont know anyone who has done it, in my real life. in fact I dont know anyone who even knows about it, in my real life!

I'd have to say that's true of most of the things I do, especially after learning about this forum! Laughing

Please post back if you do one. I meant to do one last night and forgot. One lady posted that she treats with this method and found it more effective to put the castor oil directly on the skin, and then soak the flannel in a ginger tincture (I guess boiled ginger water?) and put that over it with heat. She said that you will feel a chemical burning type reaction in the liver as it starts to let go/detox but that it only lasts for a few minutes. Should be interesting!
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm drinking cold water with lemon... Why is warm water better? I don't know if I can do that Laughing

And, um - is bottled lemon just as good?

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
lisaroberts
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Scally -

What is the infrared sauna your post mentions? Is this like a Quasar?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |