Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cellulite - things tried
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
These forums at EDS never cease to amaze me Very Happy

I learn so much from you ladies. I wanted to mention that out of desperation I recently purchased the Boots No7 (U.S. at target) anti cellulite cream-no feedback yet just started using it. I'm not working out like I should after having a baby almost 6 months ago...I'm just too tired Brick wall . I had a very complicated, depressing pregnancy that left me very listless and did not exercise as I should have...hence a huge surge in the amount of cellulite in my upper thighs. And like some of you I am typically a thin, high metabolism gal.

I love the suggestions and will incorporate the breaking up of the cellulite (via massage) into my regime and also hopefully get my butt to the gym.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I have been using a Sisley cream that I got a good sized sample of at Saks. I have always dry brushed them before bathing. The woman as Saks said that I had to use this twice a day (during a shower) to see the effects. It's been two weeks. I am using it twice a day on my thighs (the only place I really have cellulite). I drybrush before a quick shower in the evening (saves time in the a.m.). I really am amazed. I think I will have to shop around for the best price for this. Has anyone else used this? I have tried Clarins, Dior, algae, etc. and had no results - till this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Tam,
Don't you love your rebounder? I've been using one for years. After an accident left me unable to do my former cardio workouts, out of desperation, I bought one and use mine to run on. I've since turned on many of my clients to using them, even a 62 year old with artificial knees and one hip. Rebounders are wonderful! Have fun with yours.

kimberly
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Tam,
Don't you love your rebounder? I've been using one for years. After an accident left me unable to do my former cardio workouts, out of desperation, I bought one and use mine to run on. I've since turned on many of my clients to using them, even a 62 year old with artificial knees and one hip. Rebounders are wonderful! Have fun with yours.

kimberly

Hey Kimberly! Yes I LOVE my rebounder. It's so much fun although it really does give a great work out. I especially enjoy it because I can easily watch tv while I do it. I really want to try the Urban Rebounding DVD workouts. Have you tried any of them? They get great reviews and sound like lots of fun.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Hey Kimberly! Yes I LOVE my rebounder. It's so much fun although it really does give a great work out. I especially enjoy it because I can easily watch tv while I do it. I really want to try the Urban Rebounding DVD workouts. Have you tried any of them? They get great reviews and sound like lots of fun.

I did try several when I was first starting out. The UR guy drove me nuts. This may sound crazy but I dug out my old The Firm videos and bounded to those. At the time I couldn't do anything high impact and I was frustrated with my limitations so using those made me feel like I was accomplishing something. Now that I run again I do that with the iPod blaring. Smile
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
FYI-I took the Boots No7 cellulite cream back to Target. Didn't do a thing.

Darn it now I HAVE to exercise.

-soccermom

soccermominsd wrote:
These forums at EDS never cease to amaze me Very Happy

I learn so much from you ladies. I wanted to mention that out of desperation I recently purchased the Boots No7 (U.S. at target) anti cellulite cream-no feedback yet just started using it. I'm not working out like I should after having a baby almost 6 months ago...I'm just too tired Brick wall . I had a very complicated, depressing pregnancy that left me very listless and did not exercise as I should have...hence a huge surge in the amount of cellulite in my upper thighs. And like some of you I am typically a thin, high metabolism gal.

I love the suggestions and will incorporate the breaking up of the cellulite (via massage) into my regime and also hopefully get my butt to the gym.

5% products discount

Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
just curious but does anyone make their own cellulite serum? I don't think i saw anything posted on that long post at least in terms of recipes. Someone i knew on another board years ago made up a 4 different kinds of cellulite serums, you were supposed to use one and then rub in the other, they were in big rollerballs and was an oil w/ different kinds of esential oils. it was so long ago I didn't appreciate it as much as i would now (being older and all). I'd love to find something i can massage on my legs for a short term effect on a date night w/ fiance...
Amy
FitFifty
5% products discount

Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I never thought I'd have this problem, since I made it to the age of 56 without a speck of cellulite. But... I went 6 months without working out, and though I only gained a few pounds, one day I looked at my thighs, and there it was - that dimply look. (Wouldn't even look at my butt!)
Got rid of it all with a 3-pronged approach:
a) back to the gym with a vengeance,
b) exfoliating the thighs daily, followed by
c) Avon Anew Clinical Lift & Tuck.
Thought about making my own DYI, but the Avon is so inexpensive (got a 5 oz. tube on Ebay for less than $10 including shipping) it hardly seemed worth it. Surprisingly good stuff for the price.
Aerobics are good, but resistance training is more effective for firming the thighs and other cellulite-prone areas. I find the leg press machine best, since I can put on a lot more weight than for squats. But "wall sits" are almost as good, and you don't even need a gym to do them. You do have to keep increasing the resistance as it gets easy - in the case of the wall sit, by adding a few seconds to the time you stay in the position.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi, dr ci labo is very useful, you can try it
vanilya

Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
faithfan86 wrote:
just curious but does anyone make their own cellulite serum? I don't think i saw anything posted on that long post at least in terms of recipes. Someone i knew on another board years ago made up a 4 different kinds of cellulite serums, you were supposed to use one and then rub in the other, they were in big rollerballs and was an oil w/ different kinds of esential oils. it was so long ago I didn't appreciate it as much as i would now (being older and all). I'd love to find something i can massage on my legs for a short term effect on a date night w/ fiance...
Amy

I have made myself some massage oils and it was really working. I used some base oil, most of the times soy oil or olive oil from the kitchen (!) and then added 4-5 essential oils good for cellulite from the list on the sticky DIY post. I was sometimes using it before shower gel and sometimes right before i was stepping out of the shower. I didn't have to use body lotion as it was a very good mositurizer as well. And I have to admit i didn't really message it. It was the best and cheapest solution. And I have actually spent a fortune on cellulite creams...
Thyckecutie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Exfoliating with sponge, cellulite cream(revitol) dermaroller and Callanetics. Somethings finally working
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
oh god I TOTALLY give up!
I was doing well but.....
The best thing I found last summer was wearing a pair of fit flops. They did work and it was the best and laziest way.....but now.......
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
FitFifty wrote:
I never thought I'd have this problem, since I made it to the age of 56 without a speck of cellulite. But... I went 6 months without working out, and though I only gained a few pounds, one day I looked at my thighs, and there it was - that dimply look. (Wouldn't even look at my butt!)
Got rid of it all with a 3-pronged approach:
a) back to the gym with a vengeance,
b) exfoliating the thighs daily, followed by
c) Avon Anew Clinical Lift & Tuck.
Thought about making my own DYI, but the Avon is so inexpensive (got a 5 oz. tube on Ebay for less than $10 including shipping) it hardly seemed worth it. Surprisingly good stuff for the price.
Aerobics are good, but resistance training is more effective for firming the thighs and other cellulite-prone areas. I find the leg press machine best, since I can put on a lot more weight than for squats. But "wall sits" are almost as good, and you don't even need a gym to do them. You do have to keep increasing the resistance as it gets easy - in the case of the wall sit, by adding a few seconds to the time you stay in the position.

How long have you been using Avon? How soon did you start to see results?
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:08 am      Reply with quote
There are many rebounders on the market. Can anyone suggest an effective one please?
Mariek
5% products discount

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the dermaroller. I am thin but have cellulite and sagging skin. I was wondering if the roller would help with the sag. If anyone has, have you seen results? If so, what's a good needle size and brand to buy. I've been reading up and it sounds intriguing. I will try anything! Right now I am on my 12th session of super expensive endermologie that is NOT working. Over a thousand freaking dollars for no results. That's how desperate I am. And I feel like such a fool. I also bought a rebounder, use a few different creams. Tried dry brushing before no improvement. coffee grinds, nothing. I work out just about every day. And since dropping weight loss last year I am totally flat chested now so I am trying to do a natural breast enhancement on the side with minimal herbs (because I know that they can contribute to cellulite so it's very low dose). In clothes I look fantastic, but out of them (lights off please) I really wish that one day I could wear a bathing suit on the beach wrap free Smile Or feel confident getting in my birthday suit if the opportunity called. It's just so frustrating because I work so very very very hard to look my best but no matter how hard I try I barely make head way. I'm not in tears yet because I'm no quitter but a solution has be out there for me I just believe it with all my heart!
Mariek
5% products discount

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
everella. I bought the academy brand. It seeems to hold up ok but took two people to setup.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo really works on cellulite....there is a thread here on it. Very Happy

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |