Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lecithin for under eye bags (fat deposits)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
soobeeoz
5% products discount

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
After reading this thread yesterday I bought some lecithin granules, mixed a small quantity in a little water, and applied the resultant mixture leaving it on overnight. My mixture wasn't really thick so I don't know if the granules will work, but fingers crossed. I'll post my results in a week's time. Sooner if something miraculous occurs. Laughing
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
soobee, you might add some oil to your mixture as well. I am trying to think of a good oil to mix even with liquid lecithin, so it's not so thick.

Maybe emu, jojoba, rosehip seed? Maybe olive, or maybe a coctail...?

Lecithin is an emulsifier (meaning it wiull have a solvent action like soap or alcohol, and allow oil and water to dissolve into each other). This may be part of the mechanism at work under the eyes or with weight-loss or mesotherapy.

Lecithin is believed to be good for cholesterol and the brain (two not-unrelated things...). I think commercially it's derived from soy, but I believe it is also abundant in eggs.
soobeeoz
5% products discount

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks very much for the tip, alibabka! Smile I've added a little almond oil to the mix. Does anyone know how long it might keep in the fridge? I'm thinking a few days to a week, then I'll make up a fresh batch.
rhensel
5% products discount

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you find the lecithin granules?
soobeeoz
5% products discount

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in Australia, and I found them in the health food section of my local supermarket. HTH Smile
MarkeyGoW
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
doba wrote:
Thanks. I will definitely try it!

I found it at GoW at $1.90 for 2 oz. Do you think it is the same or similar that you have?
http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/4032845/3812335.htm

doba, GoW is very reputable. From the other products I've used from them, I'm confident it's the same thing. Lecithin is so prevalent and easy to make that it's not easy to get it wrong--the makers would almost have to try to.

jmo

Ari

*laughing* that was FUNNY!!

Markey Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:43 am      Reply with quote
I have some lecithin granules that I add to my morning smoothie.... would that be something I could use on my face, also?
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
rhensel wrote:
NoleRN, sorry to be a pain, but did you notice gradual changes over a few days or did you wake up one morning and find your bags *gone*? Day 3 and still no changes for me. Crying or Very sad Can you tell I am desperate? And one more question, how does one determine if eye bags are caused by fatty deposits or fluid?

I didn't really notice anything until the 4th day and it seemed like it happened overnight. I havn't noticed any more improvement over the past few days, but I will continue to use. The one on my left is still there(much improved), but it was worse than the right to begin with. As for how to dedermine if the bags are caused by fat or fluid, I can only say that it feels like fat. I think also that if fluid is the cause, the skin becomes shiny and taught or smooth.
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
perhaps that was simply the morning after a day you consumed far less salt? or experienced some other thing that would account for the difference you saw?
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
alibabka wrote:
perhaps that was simply the morning after a day you consumed far less salt? or experienced some other thing that would account for the difference you saw?

Well, it did happen quite rapidly. However, the results *seem* permanant. The bag under my right eye is gone. I didn't apply anything else under my eyes other than the Tazorac I have been using (Retin-A before that)and my normal moisturizer. I don't eat much salt... not much processed food, don't add it too my food, etc..
Gattina
5% products discount

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Would this work under the chin? I'm young, definitely not overweight but I have a bit of a double chin. Well, it's not a real double chin yet but there seems to be some unsightly fat. What do you think? If it works for fat in the eye area, why not under the chin?

Are there any other uses for lecithin?
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm certainly no expert on lecithin, but I would assume that it could be used anywhere on the body. I also started using it under my chin a few night ago, but I'm not expecting the results to be as quick because there is a greater amount of fat there Wink . I was using it on my abdomen but decided it was just a lost cause.
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
noleRN wrote:
However, the results *seem* permanant. The bag under my right eye is gone.

Well then, this rocks! I am most persuaded by this part of your experience. I will stay tuned.

For your abdomen, I would think about taking it internally, or google the can of worms also known as mesotherapy.
Gattina
5% products discount

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
noleRN wrote:
I'm certainly no expert on lecithin, but I would assume that it could be used anywhere on the body. I also started using it under my chin a few night ago, but I'm not expecting the results to be as quick because there is a greater amount of fat there Wink . I was using it on my abdomen but decided it was just a lost cause.

So maybe I'll try it too then...
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
alibabka wrote:
noleRN wrote:
However, the results *seem* permanant. The bag under my right eye is gone.

Well then, this rocks! I am most persuaded by this part of your experience. I will stay tuned.

For your abdomen, I would think about taking it internally, or google the can of worms also known as mesotherapy.

Just googled mesotherapy and it sounds better than liposuction! Now I've got another lemming Rolling Eyes. I just can't seem to get rid of my baby belly jelly. Might try the lecithin orally too. Does anyone know if it causes any unpleasant bowel side effects like that olestra stuff?
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I tried meso twice. I saw no noticable results.
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Nole, olestra is a weird synthetic thing as opposed to lecithin which appears in nature (just not concentrated into the form we are discussing). Start very small and see how you tolerate it!
ValiCaliGirl

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
I know this is an old post but I just happen to stumble across it today. Can anyone advise me if the lecithin actual works. I have ugly under eye bags and have tried everything except surgery. I am new to all the formulas and mixtures but any assistance will be appreciated...Thanks in advance
kirsty_D

Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
What i wanna know are these under eye bags fatty deposits)xanthelasma, as i have been reading your post, its gave me some help, as my GP wont remove the xanthelasma (fatty deposits) by NHS, they says its cosmetic only and they don't fund cosmetic, but my sister in-laws boyfriends mum had hers removed by NHS. I really want to get rid of these as ppl comment about them, someone has said it looks like i have blobs of foundation under my eyes, and they seem to look a little bigger since in the last month, i did get used to having them there but when you get the comments its hard to not notice them. Does this lecithin really work as i don't have a lots of money to go out and waste it, please let me know what can really help and is quite cheap, thanks kirsty x
buercky

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:01 am      Reply with quote
ordered Lecithin for my baggy eyes. make note im 47 and father has very baggy eyes also. so thought to try it but been applying it for 3 weeks now and have not seen any reduction. Taken before and after photos also. will keep trying it because its been 5-10 years getting them so dont see them going away in a few weeks. but dont see it helping me out. :O(
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Take solary gotu kola instead and/or tumeric 500mg 3 times a day
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:18 am      Reply with quote
How can people believe this rubbish? It boggles the mind.
buercky

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:19 am      Reply with quote
lecithin doesnt work been trying it for 4 weeks now and nothing. no change
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Can this be applied straight rather than mixing it into another product prior to application? At night before bed, i wash my face and leave it slightly damp, following with a few drops of oil and then rub it in. The water seems to help the oil absorb quicker. So can you apply it straight?
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
How can people believe this rubbish? It boggles the mind.

Wow, SoftSkin, way to dis a ton of people at once!

This thread is a few years old (& I gather not mentioned anywhere again?) so it'd be interesting to see if anyone found this effective enough to keep using. That is if they still post here.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |