Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I need Lush face moisturiser reviews
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everybody, after doing a search and reading averything about Lush, I did not see a lot of face moisturiser reviews. I know there is a forum on Lush weebite but I dont really "believe" them. Because they are mostly 4-5 stars all the time and its mostly Lush lovers that write them. Can you please share your experience with me. I kinf of like the Goergous moisturiser but its like 90$

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Have you visited Makeup Alley? They have reviews for a lot of different products. I haven't tried Lush products before, but it seems like a lot of people either really love their products have or have terrible allergic reactions / irritations from the ingredients.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds good.. But I don't think I can afford it. Confused
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I went on MakeupAlley and its really 50/50.I mean, all products are voted 40-50% they would buy them again...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried three of them: Imperialis, the least expensive one, Skin's Shangri-la, a higher priced one, and Gorgeous, the priciest one I've used. Imperialis is relatively light, so I use it only in hot summer weather. However, my daughter--who has oily skin inclined to break-outs--uses it year round. I very much like Skin's Shangri-la--it's very rich and soothing. Since I have mature, dry skin, it's perfect for my needs. Nevertheless, I did try Gorgeous (actually, twice via samples). I didn't like it as well. It is less emolient, doesn't sink in as well as the SSL, and I was a bit put off by a slight smell of Doritos corn chips somewhere in the scent.

Are you anywhere near a Lush shop? They will give you samples which are usually enough for a week or two of use.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
fitcraft, I when to my Lush store last week and she gave me 3 cream samples.I explain the saleperson that I had oily skin. She gave me After Life, Enzymion and Georgeous. What is weird is when you read the description of the product it dosent really say for what type of skin the moistusizer is for. Thats why I ask your point of view. And actually your response help me a lot, thank you. Think I will have to try Imperialis.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:

Is it expensive? How much?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:
Lisey wrote:

Is it expensive? How much?

http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/2357?expand=Skincare

1.5oz for $79.99.. IMO, very expensive for just a moisturizer!
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
1.5oz for $79.99.. IMO, very expensive for just a moisturizer!

Oh, it is really expensive for moisturizer!
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Anybody else ???

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I tried that moisturizer about two years ago, because I love lush's hair and body lines(i still keep using). I can only say that it is a so so product, but considering about the price it really is not a good value. You can definitely find something else with the similar price but works better.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
I like body and hair care products from Lush, but haven't tried any face cream.
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:22 am      Reply with quote
I had a pot of the gorgeous moisturiser. It has a nice smell but it is very runny in the pot and doesn't sink in very well. You end up only using a tiny amount to get it to sink in and then it has a use by date on it so you end up chucking most of it away which you don't want to be doing with a moisturiser that costs 35 quid.
I would not buy it again but then i didn't actually buy it they do a promotion after christmas where if you spend 15 pounds you can pick one item to get for free so i got the gorgeous.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:16 am      Reply with quote
I have tried some of their face products and been underwhelmed by them all which is a shame as I love their bath and body products.
The skincare is 'ok' but like someone else said you can get better more effective products in a similar price range.
Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:53 am      Reply with quote
I just bought their cupcake mask today, and it smells absolutely yummy. my skin did look and feel better after using it, but not significantly so. The next product I want to try of theirs is the Mirror Mirror moisturizer because it smells like tiger lillies
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:01 am      Reply with quote
I used their Enzymion before. I believe it's for combination skin. It definitely didn't do anything for me. At the time, I had combination skin with not very oily t-zone. I only used a small amount at a time, but it didn't even sink in properly and left my whole face really greasy and shiny. I was so disappointed as I loved their bath&body products and their masks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I like Imperialis a lot. It works really well for my combination skin. They're always pushing Enzymion for combo skin but I really didn't like the sample I tried. It was kinda greasy and weird.
al_tinker

Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is combo and getting a bit older, but I have struggled with acne over the years. Over the last 2 or 3 years, I've struggled with more dryness, though I have oilier spots. I was successfully using Jan Marini skin care, which is fabulous for clearing up acneic skin. However, Jan Marini is super expensive for all of the products.

I was wandering through the mall and came to a Lush store. I am not into gimmicky bath bombs and cleverly named products that don't work well at all. However, the sales lady convinced me that if I tried nothing else, I needed to try Lush's Bio Fresh masks. I have tried almost all of them and have had excellent results.

I started off and bought two masks to start at $7.75 per mask. They have to be refrigerated and expire in 3 weeks. My skin started clearing up almost immediately and looking more luminous almost immediately. When I went in for more masks about a month later, they had a huge soap sale -- something insane like buy one bar of soap and get 2 bars free. I bought 9 bars of soap for the price of 3 bars, plus 2 more masks. I could take or leave most of the bath soaps. Some of them smell great, but the bits in some of the soaps clogged my drain and I probably didn't understand how they were supposed to be used (porridge soap or the one with all of the coconut bits in it). However, the gem out of the bunch was Fresh Pharmacy. It is a pink soap that has chamomile, Calamine Lotion, and Tea tree oil. I use this soap every single day, and it has really helped prevent/clear up breakouts more than any other soap I've used. I have repurchased 3 times now. I didn't realize that I might have sensitive skin until I read about the soap and the fact that it helps calm sensitive skin.

Then about 3 months later, after a couple of more visits to the store and trying a couple of other products that I didn't like -- the deodorants -- I was repurchasing masks, and they had a special for $20 where you get ultrabland face cleanser, 2 toner tabs, a fresh face maks, 2 moisturizers for $20. I got samples of ultralight moisturizer, paradise regained, and gorgeous. Ultralight was too light for my skin. It doesn't feel light going on necessarily, it is kind of oily. However, the next morning, I would have some dry areas on my chin where it was apparent that this product hadn't moisturized enough. I loved Paradise Regained. It is thick, but it goes on nicely and sinks in within a couple of minutes. It supposedly has natural sunscreens in it. And, I liked gorgeous as well. It is more runny than Paradise Regained and feels a little bit more oily, but it sinks into my skin within about 2 or 3 minutes, and it makes my skin feel beautiful.

I finally decided to purchase a full size of gorgeous. I love this moisturizer and think it is fabulous! I apply their toner spray "Breath of Fresh Air" and then I put some gorgeous on my face and blend it in. I wait about 5 minutes before applying makeup and I have no issues with oiliness or makeup sliding off.

The saleslady gave me a full size of Enzymion that has only about 6 months of shelf life left on it. I have been alternating with Gorgeous, and although I really prefer Gorgeous for my skin, this product works pretty good. It is not quite as moisturizing as Gorgeous but the texture is slightly thicker. It has a stronger smell of wheat germ oil or something. It doesn't dry my skin out. It's not bad.

The masks I've tried:

Brazened Honey is my favorite. My skin feels so nice and moisturized and smooth after I use this mask. It is very aromatic though.

Cupcake -- my skin has leaned dry lately and this mask is supposedly for oily skin. This mask is great for drawing out impurities, and it smells great and doesn't dry me out.

BB Seaweed -- this mask is very moisturizing and a pretty good mask, other than random seaweed bits that don't seem to do anything. This one might be too moisturizing/oily for somebody with oily skin, but it wouldn't break you out.

Love Lettuce -- This is a good mask and the most exfoliating mask. But, this is the only mask that caused a couple of small breakouts. None of the others did. It isn't greasy and is cooling, but I probably wouldn't repurchase because it broke me out.

Sacred Truth -- This mask is very moisturizing and more for mature skin (in my opinion). It is a good mask though, it wouldn't be my first choice.

Cosmetic Warrior or Catastrophe -- the garlic and tea tree mask probably works great for some people, but it smells super nasty and is hard to spread around compared to other masks. I would not purchase this mask again. I haven't tried the blueberry mask yet.

I probably won't try Ayesha for a few years -- I believe that one is for mature skin.

So far, I like the skin care. I think the masks are top quality.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love the face creams. Celestial worked great for my face when it was super sensitive and dry. I love the smell and you can always use a richer cream on a face misted with toner to dilute it.

I also tried Imperialis. I thought it was pretty good for the summer but I didn't care for the smell. It's okay but it worked fine for me.

I would love to try Gorgeous but maybe during the winter. It really isn't that expensive compared to something from Estee Lauder or any other spa line or even what EDS carries. And because preservatives are so low on the list, I don't dip my hands in the creams. I use a spatula and have never had a cream go bad.

The expiry date is just a guideline. Mold doesn't jump into it at midnight. Things can go bad before the expiry date if you keep it in the hot sun, leave the lid loosely closed, get some water in the product or touch it with dirty fingers. The visual and sniff test should be done and some folks keep it in the fridge.

I also like the Babyface cleanser. It can be moisturizing too if you clean it off properly.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
i think Goergous is lovely,but nothing mirical.and it is good for oily skin.
skin nany has better price and result

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I tried Celestial sample before but I think it is sticky for me although it is for oily/combination skin (if I don't know it is or not).

But its fresh mask & cleanser are good. I love angels on bare skin/dark angels/aqua marina/mint mask/love lettuce and blackberry (can't remember the name).
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I actually got into the LUSH Products about a year ago......I absolutely LOVE them.....

I have bought nemerous soaps for the face and body.

I actually have the lUSH moisturizer sittin gon my counter and I have not used it but a few times, as I did not care for it....I also read great reviews and decided to try it and I was NOT impressed, at all, although the smell is awesome.

I really like the "Honey I washed the kids" (I think that is the name or something similar) soap for the kids"....My little girl has eczema and it has worked great for her.

I prefer the "Coal Face" & the "Rock Star" soaps for myself.

I also love their face cleanser/scrub.....it has a great smell (and taste) Smile

I have a few more here at the house but I don't feel like getting up to look at the names right now but I like most of their soaps......but as I stated above, I was not impressed, at all, with the moisturizer.

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Don't expect too much from it. It's a good moisturizer and smells really good, but just doesn't do much work for me.
hyacynthgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I had gotten a sample of the Paradise Regained. I didn't expect to like it, plus I think it used to be pricier Question Maybe not. Anyway, it's thick and I was prepared to be unimpressed. OMG. It is seriously one of the nicest that I have tried. It sank in effortlessly, and just made my skin...nice. Now, I haven't used anything like Cellcosmet yet, but I have paid $100 for a cream a few times, so, just to give some reference, I have tried a few things. I am 39, but I have always had pretty good skin, and I am not really a fan of moisturiser, even though I've tried a few - I am more of a treatment cream kind of person. I'm a little bit of a skin care/makeup junkie. However, I do really like the Paradise Regained. And I am also using things for more mature skin now, since I have noticed my skin changing, and well...maturing. The only reason I didn't rush out and buy it is that there are a few things I need to use up. Also, I have always been a bit of a DIYer, and since LUSH is natural, I always try to find the recipe. That being said, sometimes it is nice to just have it made for you.

LUSH is kind of hit or miss - I really don't like their conditioners, and I could take or leave their soap. But the thread is about their moisturisers, and so I would encourage anybody who is curious to run out to a brick and mortar store and get some samples. Just ask them. They will sometimes even ask how big of a sample you want. They also do special days where they give facials (once I got a back massage from a masseuse), or gwp. And they try to go organic whenever they can. I would recommend at least trying it.

P.S. I also have the Enchanted Eye Cream - I did buy that - and I've tried Mirror Mirror. They are both lovely.
AsianDiva123
5% products discount

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried Shangri-la. It was a nice moisturizer but I didn't really care for the smell though. I love their Ocean Salt. I use it to exfoliate my hands once a week. It makes my hands feel sooooo soft!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |