Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eye Treatment Question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
scootercat
5% products discount

Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I have been using SkinCeuticals Eye Renewal Gel for about 6 months now and I have not been very impressed by the results. I don't have crows feet or anything of the sort, I just have a few very fine, crepy kind of lines under my eyes that I thought that I might head off with this. Honestly, I haven't seen any difference. I am also using Shiseido's Benefiance Revitalizing Eye Cream at night. I am using Cellex-C's Advanced Eye gel in the morning, as well.

These are some of the products I am thinking of trying:

DDF Retinol Eye Renewal
MD Formulations Vit-A-Plus Eye Cream
Kinerase eye cream

Does anyone have suggestions on something else that I might try at night or have comments on any of these?

Thanks,
Amy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Eventually Mabsy will reply to this but in the meantime!
Do you use all of those products together? cause it could be that you are overloading the eye tissue area. I think it is also fair to say that sometimes products only have noticable results if there is something there to improve!
As to your product choice, personally I avoid retinol/vit A stuff now as it is skin thinning and I think I'll wait till I'm nearer late 40s. As for the kinerase, I think that has simelar stuff in it to stri vectin and I am a big fan of that stuff as it has done a lot for my fine lines (I know shouldn't use it around the eyes, what can I say? I'm a risk taker!). However, wait and see what Mabsy says Very Happy

5% products discount

Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I use the cellex-c in the morning and the skinceuticals/shiseido at night. You know, it is entirely possible that you are right and I am worry about nothing. I just keep getting in trouble when I am peering into the eyes of other 30 year olds to see if they have the same lines!! Shock

amy
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like you may need a more emollient eye cream. Sometimes the "gel" type just doesn't give you enough moisture to plump up those superfine lines. I have tried Teamine and Clinique's All about Eyes and really liked the consistency of both creams. They have a very nice smoothing effect. But for everyday, non-over the top use, I use Nivea's CoQ10 eye creme and that seems to give me enough moisture to get rid of the fine undereye lines. I know EDS has tons of great emollient eye creams, though. Mabs will fill you in.
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi I use the decleor vitaroma eye and lip cream and find this great. I alternate this on a monthly basis with Gatineau eye serum. I do have fine lines as I'm 38, but these products have worked wonders.....as everyone else says.......over to Mabsy!!!

Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Embarassed

I think at some stage in my overnight absence I unknowingly became the eye cream embassador Laughing

Um, well, my first question to you is are you sure those are permanent lines or are they just dehydration lines? I ask because you are using the Eye Renewal Gel which has AHAs so it can be drying. You're also using the vit C serum which can also be drying. Don't get me wrong, both are good but if they are causing dryness then you'll need to use something to counteract it. The Benefiance Revitalizing Eye Cream is a very good rich cream but I wonder if you may need something under it? I'm thinking something along the lines of the Skinceuticals B5 Gel or something similar to go under your Shiseido cream and over the serum. It becomes a three step process I know, but it may be worth giving a go. If you are sick of the Shiseido cream then Babor make a nice one called Sensational Eyes.

In terms of the eye creams you listed, I have only tried the MD Formulations Vit-A-Plus Eye Cream. I have heard really good things about this cream (paricularly for removing millia under the eyes) but I have to say that this was too strong for me to use at my age. I didn't try to use it everyday because at this stage (I'm 27) I don't want to use an eyecream with 10% glycolic and 2% vitamin A. That can wait till I'm about 40 (I'm definitely with Guapagirl on that!). That combo should be good for lines but I would suggest ivestigating the hydration issue instead and also getting a few samples of different eye creams before you decide on one.

Mabsy
asayo

Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, this is my first post! Question - is it absolutely necessary to use a moisturizer with Vitamin C serum? I just started using (about a week now) the Vivier eye contour serum 5 and Decleor Hydra Floral eye contour cream/gel and am seeing what I think are milia forming under my eyes. My AM routine has been: toner, Vivier serum, Decleor eye cream, sunscreen. I'm thinking of stopping the Decleor but do I need to replace it with something? I have B5 gel but I'm not sure if that's good to use under the eyes. I'm new to using all these different products so any advice would be great!
Mabsy

Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Well, vitamin C is generally drying to the skin. I have combo skin and I have to use a hydration booster under my moisturiser when I use vitamin C serums.

Have you just started using the Decleor eye cream? If so then perhaps it's too rich for you and you need something lighter like a gel perhaps? Btw, I think the B5 is a really good choice over vitamin C and I have used it around my eyes in the past with no problems.

Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |