Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SkinMedica TNS Recovery Complex
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MBGirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used TNS, then stopped using it but experienced permanent improvements in their skin (i.e positive changes that remained even after use of the product is discontinued)?
If so, what exactly were the longlasting improvements?

The product texture seems akin to dilute egg white to me, and I wonder if the firming that many TNS users report is simply due to the gel drying on the skin, thus tightening it...or if this stuff really makes actual changes, such as eradicating a wrinkle or line, in the skin. If it does, those changes should still be there after discontinuing the product.

Thanks!
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Is that the product with the mysterious human skin type ingredient??
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
Is that the product with the mysterious human skin type ingredient??

Yeah, TNS is extracted from human skin cells.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
the Human growth factor is infant foreskin.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
the Human growth factor is infant foreskin.

oh my! how exactly do they collect this? parents give permission to have their sons' foreskins put into face cream and sold for profit?
that's amazing. and bizarre.
do hospitals sell foreskins?
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
or, rather, what exactly is an infant foreskin?
i'm clearly thinking from a cirucumcision. is that what you're saying?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
yes thats what it is.Dont know how they get it but imagine they buy from hospitals.
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
or, rather, what exactly is an infant foreskin?
i'm clearly thinking from a cirucumcision. is that what you're saying?

You could be right... Cool
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I could never put up with the weird smell of TNS. Had to give away my serum and eye cream in the end.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
i'm speechless..
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using TNS lipplump - does this mean I have been putting foreskin on my lips!?! Shock I sure hope this isn't true!!!
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Want to know more about this brand!
siriusalien
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I have been using TNS Recovery for a couple of months now. The deep expression lines across my forehead have clearly diminished. I do not know if the results will last if I discontinue use.As for the Human Growth Factor- it is made from foreskins garnered from hospital circumcisions. Hospitals retain these for donation for (mainly) skin grafts for burn victims.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I love Skin Medica. I use their TNS recovery on my whole face and neck twice a day I also use their illuminating eyecream around my eyes twice a day,I really think at 53 it has helped my eyes a lot I have few lines under my eyes.It helps to build up the collagen. This is not just another expensive skin cream that does nothing(like strevectin) there are plenty of those for sure.Nouricel-md the component that has been used in TNS has been clinically tested and proved to build collagen and help to heal scars and wounds. There is science behind it.Yes, its expensive but I buy it off ebay for half price ,I will be using this product for the rest of my life.Their vitamin C is incredible too-not yellow like everybody's elses.Its a cream that makes you skin look great as soon as you put it on.
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I had read somewhere a couple of years ago that Skin Medica isolated the HGF from circumsized foreskin but that they have the patent on replicating it in the lab. In other words, they don't need to keep recycling new foreskins for their production of TNS.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
well thats a good thing...fake foreskin better to use that than the real thing? Laughing
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Ummmm...I don't think it's fake. The company knows how to cultivate the cells so they replicate. Rolling Eyes I think if we really thought about the source of many cosmetic ingredients, we'd scream.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
well, if you have eaten a hot dog ever whats in there is WAY worse than whats in TNS and you put that inside your body, not on the outside.
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
lucy - LOL, yep, you're right about that, we don't want to know what's in those dogs because they taste so good. I think I read somewhere that hyaluronic acid comes from cow urine...or one of those other super-ingredients that we like to see on labels. I mentally blocked the image. Smile
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
But if we did know, we could make informed choices.
I don't eat hot dogs. Because I know what's in them and don't want to put that in me. Others eat them, cause they don't mind. But we all know.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
so back to the question - what's so good about SkinMedica TNS? and which product is the best?! Rolling Eyes
siriusalien
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I use the TNS Recovery Complex( morn and night) along with their retinol(evening only). I've had great results

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
daydreamingda wrote:
so back to the question - what's so good about SkinMedica TNS? and which product is the best?! Rolling Eyes

My friend likes the TNS, retinol and vitamin C complex. She believes these 3 products are truely stars of this line.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
those are the 3 I use everyday., also the illiuminating eye cream. I really think these are excellent products.I am going to be 53 and I think they have helped me look pretty young.(of course I do a lot of other things too like botox and PS but even so the combined effort is really paying off)
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
A question to all knowledgeable ladies here:

I read here and on other forums that the TNS complex might cause problems with the menstrual cycle so could I just use it locally on NL? (I don't really have any other lines).

Would that be safer and would it do any good?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |