Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can jojoba oil and aloe vera replace moisturizer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering, if you mix jojoba oil and aloe vera gel, would that be a good moisturizer? Or would one still be needed? It get pretty humid and hot in texas, where a moisturizer is too thick, and aloe vera is still too light. I respect the opinion of the members here, so it would be great to here what you think. Smile
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:02 am      Reply with quote
I usually do not mix base oil and aloe gel together. And I think if you want to replace your moisturizer with the 2, you'd better add several drops of wheat germs oil which works as natural perservative.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I think if you mix the aloe and the oil in your hand each time, a preservative won't be needed.

I am not sure if the two would be ok alone, even if texas is humid. From what I have read and understand, the oil and aloe will form a barrier to trap moisture in, so i would spritz with a hydrosol or distilled water first to help trap more moisture in.

HTH, Kristen

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:38 am      Reply with quote
I used to mix NYR's frankincense cream with rose gel, and rose water to form a texture similar to lotion, but a bit thicker. It moisturizes well, and won't be too thick.

If you want to mix oil and gel, emulsification might be needed, cause it probably won't be mixed quite well
shelliegal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
i do this. Smile

sometimes i mix jojoba oil and aloe vera gel, but i do it at the time i'm going to apply it. like skincareaddicted said, you won't need perservatives if do this way.

i've also just use aloe vera gel by itself. i always add on my spf 30 moisturizer on top (not at night) of that though.
amita
5% products discount

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I use this everyday - like the posters above, I mix about a squirt of aloe vera in the palm of my hand with about 3 drops of jojoba oil - it actually does mix quite well.

It works really well as a moisturizer for me and gives my skin a nice glow too. Also, it really helps to balance out the oily and dry parts of my face (my forehead is oily and the rest of my face is very dry).
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
It is a good idea for moisturer, I will do this today! Laughing
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I live in Texas too! I use camellia oil alone though. Aloe vera gel mixed with camellia doesn't really keep me moisturized well, as camellia oil alone does. Burt's Bees Apricot Oil is also a very moisturizing oil!
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Hi,

I think if you mix the aloe and the oil in your hand each time, a preservative won't be needed.

I am not sure if the two would be ok alone, even if texas is humid. From what I have read and understand, the oil and aloe will form a barrier to trap moisture in, so i would spritz with a hydrosol or distilled water first to help trap more moisture in.

HTH, Kristen

Thank you Kristen, that is a wonderful suggestion! Especially while hydrating before applying it.

I definitely will mix it right before application in each hand (a few drops of each).
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for your suggestions, I really appreciate your input Smile I know what to do now!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |