Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Another eyeshadow like BE 'Well Rested'??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone seen the Bare Escentuals 'Well Rested' eyeshadow? It's a very natural colour that makes you look more awake and wider-eyed. Does anyone know of any other eyeshadow that has this effect, preferably (but not essentially) MMU? I've tried BE make up in the past but bismuth doesn't agree with me, does anyone know if the eyeshadow contains bismuth too? TIA
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rachael! I took a look at "well-rested" on the Sephora website. It looks like it's not actually just an eye shadow per se, but kind of a multi-tasking powder, right? Anyways, I'd bet anything that it has Bismuth in it, so if you're sensitive you probably want to stay way. There are two Alima products which I think would be a prtty good match for what you're looking for: One is their Mineral Finishing powder in pale yellow, and the other is their satin matte eye shadow in vanilla. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Lumiere has a clone of the BE Well Rested.

It is a yellow (slight) eye shadow. It is called "rested".

You can try samples cheap. Free shipping within Canada and US.

I have it and like it. It brightens the eye area.
I use it all over the lids.

No bismuth in any Lumiere products.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
autumn95 wrote:
Lumiere has a clone of the BE Well Rested.

It is a yellow (slight) eye shadow. It is called "rested".

You can try samples cheap. Free shipping within Canada and US.

I have it and like it. It brightens the eye area.
I use it all over the lids.

No bismuth in any Lumiere products.

I actually like Lumiere's 'Rested' better than BE. BE doesn't do that much for me.
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:42 am      Reply with quote
I actually emailed Alima, Uglogirl and Lumiere after I'd posted here on EDS to see what they'd recommend. Here's the responses I got:

Lumiere - 'rested' eyeshadow

Uglogirl - 'peche rosee' or 'creampuff' eyeshadow or 'soft yellow' soft glo finisher

Alima - they have a sample of BE 'well rested' and Kate said she'd look it out and see what they could come up with!

I think I'll probably try samples of them all, but the Lumiere 'rested' looks the closest match to me.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Hi Rachael! I took a look at "well-rested" on the Sephora website. It looks like it's not actually just an eye shadow per se, but kind of a multi-tasking powder, right? Anyways, I'd bet anything that it has Bismuth in it, so if you're sensitive you probably want to stay way. There are two Alima products which I think would be a prtty good match for what you're looking for: One is their Mineral Finishing powder in pale yellow, and the other is their satin matte eye shadow in vanilla. HTH!

BE sells well rested as a concealor and an eye shadow-- it started out as an eyeshadow only and when ladies started using it as a concealor they put it in a bigger pot and packaged it as concealor. I use it around my eyes-- I love it. It does have bismuth though (which doesn't cuse me any problems).

I like a Wet N' WIld eyeshadow that sort of has the same effect. It's the 'creme' shade. it's more iridescent than well rested , though. I use it on lids, temples and cheekbones as a highlighter.
twinkle-bright
5% products discount

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried applying concealer on your eyelids? It helps to brighten them up so that you look more "awake". I don't wear eye shadows everyday but I find that concealer alone everyday works fine for me.
twinkle-bright
5% products discount

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
By the way, I use the Estee Lauder Stay Wear SPF10. Just a bit blended with your finger is all that is needed and it glides on smoothly.
havana8

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Rachael wrote:
I actually emailed Alima, Uglogirl and Lumiere after I'd posted here on EDS to see what they'd recommend. Here's the responses I got:

Lumiere - 'rested' eyeshadow

Uglogirl - 'peche rosee' or 'creampuff' eyeshadow or 'soft yellow' soft glo finisher

Alima - they have a sample of BE 'well rested' and Kate said she'd look it out and see what they could come up with!

I think I'll probably try samples of them all, but the Lumiere 'rested' looks the closest match to me.

I had a hard time finding something similar. Everything was too white, too yellow, too blah until I tried Creampuff from Uglogirl although I will admit that when I first ordered the sample I thought it looked too beige in the bag and that it wouldn't show up very well. Turns out it was actually quite deceiving because on the skin, it's really more of an off-white with just the perfect amount of irridescence...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |