Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

LB Emu Oil Ultra, Clear or Reg?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I'm looking into buying some emu oil to heal my acne/inflammation on my face...

I read some of the threads and came to an understanding that alot of ppl favour the emu oil by LB!

but i'm still very confused as they offer three types of emu oil... and their ultra, clear are more expensive than that of other emu oils... say purple emu... how are they compared?

can some of you who used LB emu oil tell me the difference and which one do you prefer?

I have acne prone, sensitive, dehydrated skin!

thanks loads!

April

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer Ultra Emu - more calming, hydrating and healin IMHO.

I tried Clear and was not enamoured.
Since I have combo skin I mix Ultra with either a few drops of water or HA for better penetration.

HTH,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
imo -
the ultra is more healing
the clear is better cosmetically. it has a slightly lighter feel to it.
i used the ultra much more. the only time i used the clear (before I stared squalane usage) was for am under mmu, and pm around the eye area (this didn't migrate to my eyes as much).

maybe you can get a small sample of each?

if I HAD to pick just one - it would be the ultra.
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Why don't you purchase the sampler pack from LB so you can find which one works best for you?

I thought the ultra would be the best for me because of its description. I actually realized that that clear worked great during the day and the regular was fine for use at night. I don't have absorption problems with either one. I'm happy that I don't have to pay the extra $ for the ultra and still get great results.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Why not try some samples yourself?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aprilha,

I think whatever you choose, i would go with unrefined emu. The refined stuff, though it smells better, isn't as good as unrefined. I have never used it myself but have read a lot about emu.

Kristen~

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:34 am      Reply with quote
thanks for all your replies.

I didn't want to try the sample because there were other things that i didn't want to try =P hehe anyway...

skincareaddict,
so the less refined the oil is the better it is? i must have gotten it wrong before... i thought your skin won't absorb unrefined oil =P

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Unrefined emu oil is better for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Most tests conclude that for skin care, the more refined it is, the better it penetrates and improves skin.

Personally I don't like the clear emu. It just sat on my skin and didn't seem to moisturise very well. I think plain refined emu is still really good if you don't want to spring for ultra. When I next purchase (I buy it by the quart Embarassed ), I plan to get smaller quantities of ultra for my face and larger quantities of regular for my body. I have been tempted by the idea of unrefined for the body because I have joint pain, but apparently it really stinks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I love emu oil and have used it for years but I don’t buy from LB for a number of reasons - one being that I find the religious quotations they include in their customer service emails rather annoying, to say the least.

Also, LB uses animal testing for their oil. Yes, I know emu oil is an animal product itself, which makes the whole issue rather tricky. Still, silly as it seems, I couldn’t put their oil on my face without thinking about the poor tortured bunnies. Then of course there’s the emus… sigh
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I'd go with Skincareaddicted the less refined the better. It's all refined to a certain degree; but once is enough. Go any further and you remove part of the good stuff.

Having used Triple refined (both JBs and Dremu) and then being forced to get some standard australian emu as a last resort. I find, to my surprise, the standard suits me best. It's more fatty, less oily and seems to rub in better.

I happen to believe what this woman says about triple refining.
http://www.mezza.co.uk/FAQ.htm#25
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:

Also, LB uses animal testing for their oil. Yes, I know emu oil is an animal product itself, which makes the whole issue rather tricky. Still, silly as it seems, I couldn’t put their oil on my face without thinking about the poor tortured bunnies. Then of course there’s the emus… sigh

I know it doesn't say they DON'T test their cosmetics (I assume you mean the cosmetics because there would be very little point in repeatedly testing a raw ingredient like the oil on animals), but I don't think you can automatically assume that they do because of that.

I think the mezza site was interesting, but a lot of the stuff about US emu oil sounded awfully like justification for selling Aussie emu oil, plus she doesn't back up any of her claims about 'whole' emu oil with studies and I am certain the LB site has a page which shows the breakdown of the difference between regular, ultra and clear emu. From what I remember, ultra emu scored over regular for many of the desirable fatty acids.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the replies.

I think i'll go with the regular grade A oil! =)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Looking for more information!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="guapagirl"]
appletini wrote:

I know it doesn't say they DON'T test their cosmetics (I assume you mean the cosmetics because there would be very little point in repeatedly testing a raw ingredient like the oil on animals), but I don't think you can automatically assume that they do because of that.

I can't speak for their cosmetics and/or other oils as I haven't asked, but LB have confirmed to me via email some time back that the ultra oil is animal tested (white mice). I was surprised too...
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Which site does LB stand for? I'm trying to find the site where I bought some emu oil from a few months back, but can't remember what it was called!
Thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
LB Processors

http://lbemuoil.com/
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
I love emu oil and have used it for years but I don’t buy from LB for a number of reasons - one being that I find the religious quotations they include in their customer service emails rather annoying, to say the least.

Appletini, where do you buy your emu oil?

Thanks
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
i've had both the clear and the regular one. neither worked for me...
i had been putting it on inflammed parts of my leg (probably due to epilation?) religiously for 2 months and it did nothing to it.

i wonder if i'm using it the right way??
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Mur - in the past I've bought from this site in the US
http://www.uniquelyemu.com/

But I recently tried a 4 oz bottle of Australian emu oil (Emu Spirit brand) and quite liked it. So much so that I just bought another 16 oz of Emu Spirit from one of those Australian online drugstores.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |