Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
If you could mix 3 oils together for an everyday moisturizer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
...which ones would you include? Can you mix any together that you want, as long as you have a carrier? Does anyone mix oils for the ultimate benefit?

I am not acne-prone, have combination skin and would like to help reduce fine lines. I have been using LB Emu Oil mixed with HA. Could I also add Jojoba or Rosehip Seed Oil to the mix?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I have a facial blend that I've mixed myself which includes Rosehip Oil, Pomegranate Oil and Evening Primrose Oil. You can definitely blend appropriate carrier oils together. I don't know what's in your Emu oil but jojoba and rosehip can be mixed together very nicely.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Rosehip Seed Oil is high in antioxidant properties but some people do get break outs from using it. Jojoba Oil is wonderful for combo and oily skin but I don't think it provide much antioxidant properties. I would rather add favorite EOs into the mix. For example, ylang ylang oil can help control oil production. I don't think any oil can have really visible results at wrinkle reduction.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Only 3? I think I would choose:

Pomegranate Oil
Sea Buckthorn Oil
White Camellia Seed Oil
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
My choice would be:

Rosehip seed oil
Ultra emu oil
Camellia oil

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
For me it probably would be camellia oil, sesame oil, and squalane(olive) oil.
michelle g.
5% products discount

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
The 3 I mix are:

Emu Oil
Pomegranite Seed Oil
Red Raspberry Seed Oil

HTH,
Michelle
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
where would you get a hold of:

pomegranite seed oil,
red raspberry seed oil
sea buckthorn oil
white camellia seed oil?

and what is each one good for?
whats the difference between white camellia seed oil and just camellia oil?

thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Squalane, Argan, and Macadamia for me. I bought these 3 b/c of the recommendations from other EDS members. They seem to be touted as the best oils for anti-aging, fine line reducing benefits. Macadamia is the closest to our body's own oil makeups so it is easy to absorb.
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering, where do you ladies buy your oils?
michelle g.
5% products discount

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I buy all of mine from GOW (garden of wisdom).
Markey sells a great product for a great price.

Michelle
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Michelle!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
schang wrote:
Just wondering, where do you ladies buy your oils?

I bought my oils from 4 different sources now. The one I'd recommend the most is Nandaoils.com - very professional and prompt. I bought helichrysum oil from them, and I seriously thought it was magic oil that faded my tummy stretch marks overnight. When I ran out, I bought another from Countrycandlecottage, an ebay seller, and the smell and texture of the oil were diff from the one I got from Nandaoils, plus it didn't seem to smooth out my stretch marks. When I'm done with this bottle, I'll buy from Nandaoils again.

Another one I'd recommend is another ebay seller, but I don't remember their name at the moment. Their oils seem good quality and legit. I will have to look up their name when I get home.
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Without a doubt:

Macadamia Oil = 65%
Jojoba Oil = 25%
Sunflower Oil = 10%

This will produce a very stable oil that will not go rancid, thus it will have a LONG shelf life. The Macadamia oil has a fatty acid lipid profile very similar to the skin so it will moisturize and penetrate very easily. Jojoba oil is a fantastic wax esters that is non-greasy and a great emollient. Sunflower Oil is a triglyceride oil that is also a fantastic emollient that is extremely stable (if you can find the "high oleic" variety). This combination will also feel non-greasy, more like a silky smooth feel.

These are all botanical oils. No animal oils (such as emu), and no low stability oils that go rancid and smell bad very quickly.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
Without a doubt:

Macadamia Oil = 65%
Jojoba Oil = 25%
Sunflower Oil = 10%

This will produce a very stable oil that will not go rancid, thus it will have a LONG shelf life. The Macadamia oil has a fatty acid lipid profile very similar to the skin so it will moisturize and penetrate very easily. Jojoba oil is a fantastic wax esters that is non-greasy and a great emollient. Sunflower Oil is a triglyceride oil that is also a fantastic emollient that is extremely stable (if you can find the "high oleic" variety). This combination will also feel non-greasy, more like a silky smooth feel.

These are all botanical oils. No animal oils (such as emu), and no low stability oils that go rancid and smell bad very quickly.

John

Hi John,
Thank you for your post. Would this combo work for hair, too? I put jojoba oil + EPO in my shampoo and conditioner (1/2 and 1/2) and I also added rosemary and lavendar EOs to them in addition to ACV. Would you recommend any other oils or EOs?

What do you think of squalane, argan and camellia oils?
Thank you.
C

ETA: Do you and Sandy still come to CA and work out at the Gold Gym's muscle beach?
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
We do still come over to Venice and work out at the Gold's Gym that is a few streets over from the beach. We don't work out at the Muscle Beach "pit" because that place really is an armpit now. I was planning on coming over there on April 4 to attend a 1 day class on cosmetics at the LAX Hilton, but I had to send one of my other cosmetic chemists instead. We are too busy here to let me go...

Anyway, I would recommend both the Jojoba and Sunflower Oil for the Hair. It has been known every since apache indians used it in their hair in the Arizona Senoran Desert region that Jojoba was good for hair. It coats very well, is not heavy, and feels non-greasy all of which are good for a leave in hair product. Also, Jojoba Oil will contribute to enhanced shine of the hair which is desirable.

There is also scientific evidence that High Oleic Sunflower actually penetrates the hair shaft to give deep conditioning to the hair. Not all oils can do this because of the chemical structure of the material. Sunflower Oil can, so it will provide very good conditioning.

Don't overload your hair with oils however. As I'm sure you know, too much oil will weigh down the hair, make it look flat, greasy, and hard to style. Just a little bit will be enough to do the job, and over time it will not build up, but provide excellent conditioning and shine.

Squalane is a good oil with good properties.

I have not worked enough with argan or camellia to make a comment on them.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, John! I'll have to add sunflower oil to my list of a must-buy oil. I have been using coconut oil to condition my hair, but it's so hard to work with, and I get frustrated. It's also hard to rinse off and get it all off. If I missed a spot, then my hair would be hardened by the oil or look greasy.

I have not much weight in my hair now, and when my hair is semi-dry, it gets poofy. I had to tame it down with a drop of jojoba oil on damp hands, and run my hands through my hair. If I can add a few dumbbells to my hair, it would be good. Very Happy
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:

....... Sunflower Oil is a triglyceride oil that is also a fantastic emollient that is extremely stable (if you can find the "high oleic" variety). ......

John

John, the sunflower oil I can get my hands on has a far higher linoleic acid content than oleic.

In terms of impact on skin and hair, what does linoleic acid do, versus oleic acid?
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
It's not so much the effect it will have on your skin and hair as it is the "stability" of the oil. High Oleic sunflower oil has very low polyunsaturated fatty acids. Therefore, it is a very stable oil which will last a long time without going rancid and smelling bad. The high linoleic is high in polyunsaturated fatty acid and therefore will go bad (rancid) rather quickly and will smell bad.

John

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using rosehip seed and jojoba for the past few days.

5% products discount

Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
My 3 would be Organic Rosehip, Jojoba & Seabuckthorn.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Jojoba oil base,lavender,tea tree oil..
Because of my acne!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:50 am      Reply with quote
I recently made a lovely blend of hazelnut oil and palmarosa, rosewood, lemon, and lavender. It's wonderful! For some reason, if I wear it at night, it tightens my pores and leaves me with soft, unblemished skin. Nice!

During the day I mix it with a bit of sea kelp and some HA, alternating daily with Osea APC.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I've been using a combination of Camellia, Red Raspberry and Pomegranate for the last couple of months. If I need more moisturising, I add a drop or two of Seabuckthorn. My skin feels so soft after application!
Shoba
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Where can i get more info about oils good for all type of scalps?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |