Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your favourite perfumes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
I've been trying to remember the name of this perfume that I used to wear about 10 years ago - and it finally occurred to me! I have no idea if I can even get it anymore - I haven't seen or heard about it in years - it is called "Roma" by Laura Biagiatti....anyone know if it is still available?
Pudoodles

Sure is! I saw it in a perfume shop just a few weeks back Wink
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Wow! I used to be a huge fan of Roma by Laura Biagotti although I've not used it in a very long time.

I love to vary my fragrances and right now I'm really stuck on Christiane Celle's Mimosa. But no matter what, I always have my Shalimar!!! If I have a signature scent, I would have to say that Shalimar is it.... The fact that my bf inhales it like a man who has been deprived of oxygen doesn't hurt.... Smile
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Ahhhh now I'm fixated on delicious fragrances!!!

I love to play with the Creed fragrances... Soon it will be time for their delcious Spring Flowers scent.

Anddddd l'artisan - the Premier Figuer and ESPECIALLY the Drole Rose (peculiar rose - swooooon).

I always have some of the Comptoir Sud Pacifique vanilla based fragrances on hand. They are absolutely delicious but I just wish they lasted longer.

And, finally, if y'all haven't sampled them yet, Sage Machado's perfume oils are just out of this world. Very unique with the most beautiful overtones.

Finally, finally - Kiehl's Chinese Flowers.

OK - shut up katee....
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Pudoodles wrote:
I've been trying to remember the name of this perfume that I used to wear about 10 years ago - and it finally occurred to me! I have no idea if I can even get it anymore - I haven't seen or heard about it in years - it is called "Roma" by Laura Biagiatti....anyone know if it is still available?
Pudoodles

Sure is! I saw it in a perfume shop just a few weeks back Wink

Holy Smokes! Is there anything you *don't* know, Mabsy?? I think I'll just start e-mailing my queries to you, directly Wink
Pudoodles
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried a French perfume by a former model named Ines de la Fressange?

I sampled it in Sephora while I was visiting the States and thought it was really beautiful. It has notes of mandarin, rose, peony, lily of the valley, & blackcurrant. Very soft floral.

Comes in a pretty bottle too. You can check it out at Sephora's website. Wish it was available in Canada.
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Shiseido's Relaxante, I love it the Relaxante's body cream too. Ultimate favorite. It's like the name suggests...it smells very gentle and relaxing/soothing, very alluring.

KK
doinita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is tresor-Lancome.I also use Cold Water-Davidoff and Dior Addict.
I would like to try a lot of perfumes but I just get headacks if doesn't fit with my...I don't now what...Tresor makes me happy Very Happy , Addict makes me feel very sexy Wink .
How do you feel when you wear your favorite perfume?
mimirose
5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love lots too but the short list would be:

Organza - Givenchy
Poeme and Miracle- Lancome
Lots of Dior - J'adore, dior addict, hypnotic poison.
Incanto - Salvatore Ferragamo

5% products discount

Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
My two favorite perfumes are Beautiful and Youth Dew. Escada is my third favorite.

I especially love Youth Dew in the winter.
Mabsy

Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
doinita wrote:
My favorite is tresor-Lancome.I also use Cold Water-Davidoff and Dior Addict.

I really like Dior Addict as well. Have you tried Rochas Absolu? It's very similar to Addict but still different enough so that you feel like you're getting a different take on a similar scent. I have (and really like) both the Addict and the Absolu.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:59 am      Reply with quote
My favorites:

Dior Addict (winter, night)
Givenchy Amarige (winter, night)
T. Mugler Angel Innocent (any season, any time)
D&G Sicily (any season, any time)
Guerlain Samsara (any season, night)

I really like a variety of scents and use scented body sprays on days that I don't wear perfume. Right now, I am favoring a Black Tea and Honey mix that I picked up in the Natural Foods section of my grocery store. I also like the Bath and Body Works sprays, but don't have a favorite scent in those.

Tina
Rachel06
5% products discount

Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
L'eau de Guerlain is lovely and Chanel Allure is too Very Happy
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:15 am      Reply with quote
I have 2 of the Guerlain Aqua Allegorias:
Lilia Bella & Foliflora - Love them! very springy florals.

I recently sampled a Ltd Edition Guerlain called Cherry Blossom. It was nice, but not nice enough for me to want to buy it. It had a light green tea scent with some fruity notes. Beautiful bottle, but it just wasn't disctinctive enough for me to purchase.

My favorite LE Guerlain is called "With Love". It's a beautiful peppery rosy scent, with a touch of quince. The quince cuts the sweetness of the rose, and adds a refreshing tangy kick.

I can't wear most of the classic Guerlain scents, same with Chanel. They take on sort of a musty scent on my skin.
kookykitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
My Faves are:

*Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum(yummmmmers! Divine! sugared almonds and vanilla on me)

*Les Parfums de Rosine Zeste de Rose(can be found at Luckyscent.com--gorgeous refreshing citrusy rose! Perfect for summer! Very Happy)

*Philosophy Falling in Love(for some reason this smells like sweet sugared carnations on me! lol! :P)

I love tons more, but these are my very favorite scents! Smile
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Did anybody mention Spring Flowers by Creed Drool
Mabsy

Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I found a lovely one today! I should really stay away from shops.... Rolling Eyes

I think I might have to buy Trouble by Boucheron.... Yum! It's like Gucci EDP combined with Dior Addict and a little bit of Stella.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Oooh I like Trouble too Mabsy! Probably wouldn't buy it for myself as it's not really "me".

I'm not normally a fan of heavier oriental/vanilla scents, but I thought this one was very nice. Would be perfect for women who like to wear Dior Addict or other Boucheron perfumes.

Loooove the bottle too. Smile

Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:35 am      Reply with quote
cheezwiz - I'm not a fan of the other Boucheron perfumes but this one is really lovely (yes, I'm a big fan of vanilla fragrances Smile). It also lasts ages! I sprayed it this morning at the shops and I can still smell it. I'm thinking of getting one on eBay, it's significantly new that I'm not worried about getting an old one.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:08 am      Reply with quote
That's a great idea Mabsy, you're not likely to get old product because its a relatively new fragrance.

I am venturing into the world of e-bay for the first time. I have bid on a couple of mineral make-up items, but its also a great place to look for rare/discontinued/ltd edition perfumes.

I'm halfway tempted to buy Trouble just for the cool bottle with the snake. Another perfume I'm tempted to get just for the bottle is Lolita Lempicka. I can't stand anise scented fragrances but the bottle is adorable!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
i keep trying to wear new perfumes but i keep coming back to l'eau de issey which i just love!
i'm not big on heavy scents, i like them fresh and light and every time i wear issey i feel like i'm home or something.

my sister was working with a woman that was wearing it one day and she kept on turning around thinking that it was me! i must be that predictable *sigh* oh well, i still love love love issey miyake!

Kiwigirl.

Sun May 01, 2005 12:27 am      Reply with quote
cheezwiz wrote:

I'm halfway tempted to buy Trouble just for the cool bottle with the snake. Another perfume I'm tempted to get just for the bottle is Lolita Lempicka. I can't stand anise scented fragrances but the bottle is adorable!

Laughing I bought Lolita Lempicka's solid perfume just for the packaging (it's *so* gorgeous!). I actually do like the perfume itself but I have the roll-on "Magic Wand" version (rather than the EDP) and therefore (luckily) never have to touch the solid Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, is the solid perfume you have the limited edition one that is a golden apple with a tiny green frog sitting on top? (The frog is also wearing a little gold crown.)

I would die to get my hands on that one! sooo adorable!! I must say I'm a sucker for packaging. Smile

Sun May 01, 2005 1:09 am      Reply with quote
cheezwiz wrote:
Mabsy, is the solid perfume you have the limited edition one that is a golden apple with a tiny green frog sitting on top? (The frog is also wearing a little gold crown.)

I would die to get my hands on that one! sooo adorable!! I must say I'm a sucker for packaging. Smile

That's the one! It looks so gorgeous that even though it comes with one refill I still don't use it Laughing It's actually become decoration on my shelf Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I too love Lauder's Youth Dew. It was my mom's fav fragrance and it reminds me of her. She died in a car accident in 2000 at 48, when I'm really thinking about her and on her bday and anniversary of her death, I wear some Youth Dew. Fragrances are so powerful at evoking emotion and can really comfort me at times.

5% products discount

Tue May 10, 2005 9:01 am      Reply with quote
All of you ladies are so knowledgeable! Do you remember who made Interlude? I thought it was Estee Lauder but several said "NO"! I remember it was a heavy fragrance that was wonderful for the winter months.

Also have any of you tried Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist? I received a sample through the mail and I absolutely love it. I have a feeling I must go purchase it!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |