Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Your favourite perfumes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Peanut

Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love Jo Malone. Surprised no one has mentioned her line yet. I like mixing fragrances and her line is great for that. The body cremes are my favorite because they're rich and great moisturizer, and the scents are fabulous and last a really long time (a little goes a long way) My favorites are the French Lime Blossom and Orange Blossom. I get tons of compliments whenever I wear the French Lime one. Another tip - the Orange Blossom body creme topped with a spritz of the Nutmeg Ginger cologne is great. It's a bit pricey and hard to find in the US (I order from Neiman Marcus) - but the body creme's are so luxurious and smell so good - they're worth it!!!
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Issey Miyake
Blue/Blu (sp?) by Ralph Lauren
Mania by Armani
Green tea scent by L'Occtaine
J'adore by Christian Dior

I like light, citrus scents as you can tell... if anyone has suggestions, I'm open!!

There's a fragrance by Kate Spade, I believe that has a strong jasmine scent. Does anyone know the name?
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love perfumes! I thought i join in.
My all time favourites

Tabac Blonde by Caron
Estee by estee lauder
Opium
Cinnabar
L'air du temps
Jicky

But the ultimate is Tabac Blonde, super expensive and hard to find but it was Marlene Dietrich favorite and i'm a big movie fan of old movies. It smells so sexy and mysterious.
Trish
zanygirl

Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!!

Newbie here, my fave perfumes are . . .

Issey Miyake
Ralph Lauren - Ralph?
Ralph Lauren - Blue
Jil Sander
Vera Wang Weddings
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka, thanks so much for the link. I love incense smells for perfume!!! Have you tried Commes de Garcons incense series? It's fabulous, but the best one IMO that reminds me of Catholic church smell is Avignon--
So Heavenly!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
For ages I wanted to try Fracas and finally caved and ordered a sample of it online. It ended up being one of "those" perfumes for me that give me an incredible headache. The same thing happens to me with Angel and also Versace Jeans Couture (the yellow one) and I think Marc Jacobs as well.

Oh well, at least I know it's not for me. I wonder what it is in it that makes me ill though.

Three other perfumes on my "to try" list:

Aftelier Cacao
To Twirl All Girly (by Pilar&Lucy)
The Exact Friction of the Stars (same)

Just love those names!

Fracas IMO is one of the worst perfumes ever-- though I recognize a lot of people love it and it is very popular especially with celebrities. I thought Fracas was literally an assault to the senses, and gave me the biggest migraine ever. The classic Bandit, also also made by the same guy is better. (Mabsy, it could be the tuberose that is making you ill, though I have a bodywash that is tuberose scented and i actually like it.) Mabsy, you must try Aftelier Cacao, and Pilar & Lucy's to twirl all girly (but don't put too much on of this one, or it can cause a headache and be too sickeningly sweet). Didn't care for the exact friction of stars, (but sounds like the name of an indie band) it's too reminiscent of cotton candy. I did not see it as a vanilla fragrance at all. I must try Moschino Couture-- what notes does it contain?
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
My absolute favorites:

White Musk Perfume Oil from Body Shop - for everyday, very warm and sensual
Herve Leger Paris - for winter and the body lotion/cream is also adorable, very light and dreamy
Vera Wang The Fragrance - for special occasions, very feminine and classy
Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey for women - for summer and spring
Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme for men - got a lot of my guy friends hooked on Wink
Salvatore Ferragamo Pour Femme for women - for winter and also for work, very classy
Salvatore Ferragamo Subtil Pour Homme for men (the dark blue bottle; got my bf & lots of his colleages hooked on) - Very classic, sensual, yet masculine and it turns heads Wink
Mat; by Masaki Matsushima - for fall and winter, makes me feel good and relaxing
Acqua Di Gio by Georgio Armani for men - this one also turns my head Wink

Others that I also like:

Bvlgari Eau Fraiche - for daytime, very clean
Chanel N5 - for nighttime, very sensual and womanly
L'OR de Torrente - for winter and fall, very cute Wink
Escada Island Kiss - very summery
Gucci Rush 2 - very crispy sharp, good for work and interview
Ralph Lauren Romance - my guy friends like it on me
Versace Woman - very sexy Drool
Anna Sui Sui Dreams - sweet and juicy
Cartier So Pretty - very innocent Angel
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I used to absolutely love Caleche by Hermes. They had a body oil that lasted and had a kind of depth to it. I used it during the colder months especially. I'd love to find it again. In spring and summer, I wore lighter fragrances like Diorissimo and Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
For years, I was stuck on Opium (the fragrance). I liked it very much, but I think I was just too lazy to get out and search for alternatives.

About a year ago a friend took me to the Dallas market where you can buy wholesale. I found Initial by Boucheron and I LOVE IT!

Couple of weeks ago at a tradeshow, I found a business called Paris Fashions that sells all the namebrand fragrances imported at up to 70% off.

I bought Jaiphur and Very Irresistible and I love them too! Dancing

Guess it was about time to put some variety in my life! All it took was a discount of 50%+
Laughing

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:52 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
Hey girls,
Check out this website. It's a place that makes their own fragrances. Very unusual. I got one under "Sin & Salvation" called "Catherdral" and it smells just like the incense they use in church. I love it!

http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/welcome.html

I'm not sure about the funeral oils though...a bit too Goth for me!

I bpal. My favorite is Snake Oil and Venom and Lolita and.....well let just say I have many of their oils, and should be getting my next order any day now Very Happy .
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Vegasgal,
I put in my first order for bpal over 2 weeks ago, and they still haven't processed my order! There customer service is slow as molasses Rolling Eyes but I sure hope it's worth it. I ordered ltd. edition Samhain, and imps ears of: snake oil, cathedral, danse macabre, intrigue, burial, and love me. Gotta love their names Laughing

I love incense smells, any recommendations? Wink
TIA
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Yes they do take a long time. I placed an order on Sept 26 and still haven't gotten it yet and I could drive to get it in about 5 hours Laughing . I like sweet vanilla, spicey and floral smells. They always throw in extra imps for you to try! Gotta love extras. You have to go to the bpal forum and check out reviews. The imps you don't like can be put for swap or sale on the bpal forum. They are quite different and don't smell the same in the bottle as they do on the skin. You will find that you might not be crazy about something in the bottle then put it on and after a while you really like it. That's what I found myself doing at least. I found out about bpal from the lush forum and well now a lot of lushies are ordering from them so they are getting very popular hence the long time of getting your oils.
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Peanut wrote:
I love Jo Malone. Surprised no one has mentioned her line yet. I like mixing fragrances and her line is great for that. The body cremes are my favorite because they're rich and great moisturizer, and the scents are fabulous and last a really long time (a little goes a long way) My favorites are the French Lime Blossom and Orange Blossom.

Oh, oh I forgot all about Jo Malone! Been caught up in the bpal craze. I love her French Lime Blossom. I always get compliments on it when I wear it. I just got an invite for something from her line to try, must go look for it!!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I can't wear (or stand to be around others who are wearing) most perfumes (especially heavy floral or "oriental" scents) because they trigger my migraines, but I totally adore Bare Escentuals signature scent "Escentual" -- whenever I'm in a crowd (i.e.: squeezed into an elevator, smushed into a doctor's waiting room, etc) strangers actually lean in toward me in order to get a better whiff and they just go nuts over the intriguing, ever-changing smell. I also adore the BE "French Vanilla," although I think it might have been discontinued because Ulta (local cosmetic/haircare/skincare store) had their remaining FV inventory marked down to over 50% off -- needless to say, I snapped up every bottle that they had left!

And even though it's a fragrance marketed toward young teens and I've been out of junior high for more than 20 years now, I still completely adore "Skin" musk by Bonnie Bell. Men and women alike go crazy (in a good way!) whenever I wear that one! And if I layer a spray of Skin with the BE French Vanilla, I have to be really careful because I've had strange men practically trying to hump my leg Shock because the combined scents positively make them swoon, so I tend to save that little perfume combo for a night when I have a hot date and wish to make one man in particular become my "love slave"!! Wink Razz

Lately, though, I've been making my own "perfume." I found this essential perfume oil at Whole Foods (health food supermarket, same place where I locally found my beloved Lamas Lash Masque and Lip Enhancer) that is called "vanilla musk." I put a few drops of the perfume oil in a little glass tube with a roller-ball applicator (think the container for the old Maybelline "Kissing Potion" lipglosses back in the 70s/80s), add some vodka (rubbing alcohol will work, too) and -- voila! -- homemade perfume! This "vanilla musk" smells totally gorgeous and gets a similar reaction to when I'm wearing "Skin"....and, for whatever reason, most "musky" perfumes or those with mostly vanilla notes don't seem to bother my head (or my nose!).

Carrie

P.S. I also like Ralph Lauren's Blue (there's a girl at work who wears it and I go nuts whenever she visits my cube! And I test-smelled one of the scents from Stila -- I think it's called "Creme Bouquet" (??) -- that I liked pretty well....
Mabsy

Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:18 am      Reply with quote
vegas gal wrote:
Yes they do take a long time. I placed an order on Sept 26 and still haven't gotten it yet and I could drive to get it in about 5 hours Laughing .

Wow! I was thinking of trying some of these after talking about Thoughtcrime pointed them out to me but after hearing how long it takes them to send stuff out I think I might just pass. I am not a patient person when it comes to waiting for online orders! I bet Thoughtcrime won't be happy to hear how long you've been waiting for! Shock
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:00 am      Reply with quote
vegasgal wrote:
Quote:
Yes they do take a long time. I placed an order on Sept 26 and still haven't gotten it yet and I could drive to get it in about 5 hours . I like sweet vanilla, spicey and floral smells. They always throw in extra imps for you to try! Gotta love extras. You have to go to the bpal forum and check out reviews. The imps you don't like can be put for swap or sale on the bpal forum. They are quite different and don't smell the same in the bottle as they do on the skin. You will find that you might not be crazy about something in the bottle then put it on and after a while you really like it. That's what I found myself doing at least. I found out about bpal from the lush forum and well now a lot of lushies are ordering from them so they are getting very popular hence the long time of getting your oils.

September 26!!! Have you gotten your order yet vegasgal? So I guess I should plan on receiving my order in December Rolling Eyes
This BPAL order is starting to become like some unattainable goal, and the longer they take, the more I want it! I think they need to hire more staff.

Yeah, I am already a member of BPAL's forum as well. Another you can try iswww.makeupalley.com, there is a lot of trading going on for imps and BPAL oils. I really hope this long wait is worth it. They only made 330 limited edition oils of Samhain, that when I placed my order only 14 were left. I'm really worried that by the time they process my order, they will be all gone Crying or Very sad Then I'll have to try and obtain one on the black market Laughing

Mabsy wrote:
Quote:
Wow! I was thinking of trying some of these after talking about Thoughtcrime pointed them out to me but after hearing how long it takes them to send stuff out I think I might just pass. I am not a patient person when it comes to waiting for online orders! I bet Thoughtcrime won't be happy to hear how long you've been waiting for!

Laughing Mabsy, you know me well. No, patience is not my virtue Bad Grin They do sell the perfume oils in a store in Australia in Melbourne city (don't know how far that is from you).
Mabsy

Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime - have you got them yet? Btw, I think I know which shop in Melb you're talking about - I've read about it before. Unfortunately, it's just over 2000km away Sad
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wave
I haven't gotten them, but am now bidding on e-bay. It's come to this! And if I win the e bay bids, I bet that I'll get it before my BPAL order. Confused
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
thoughtcrime wrote:

September 26!!! Have you gotten your order yet vegasgal? So I guess I should plan on receiving my order in December Rolling Eyes
This BPAL order is starting to become like some unattainable goal, and the longer they take, the more I want it! I think they need to hire more staff.

No, I haven't received my order yet (Nov 1st Rolling Eyes ). I know they were going to sell their oils at some shop in LA. Now you think if they are going to start selling at a store they would at least get caught up with mail order first. They really do need to hire more people. I don't how they can keep adding more and more different oils (it takes time to figure out the blends) and then say it takes so much time to ship orders. Maybe they suffer from a little ADD Very Happy . You really do have to have patience with them or you'll drive yourself nuts.
Mabsy

Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:29 am      Reply with quote
Wow! That place is *so* not a place where I should shop! It would seriously drive me nuts! I'd end up on eBay like Thoughtcrime Laughing

I hope you both get your orders soon though! Have either of you smelled chimera or persephone by any chance? They sound yummy!
Mabsy

Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:50 am      Reply with quote
thoughtcrime wrote:

(Mabsy, it could be the tuberose that is making you ill, though I have a bodywash that is tuberose scented and i actually like it.) Mabsy, you must try Aftelier Cacao, and Pilar & Lucy's to twirl all girly (but don't put too much on of this one, or it can cause a headache and be too sickeningly sweet). Didn't care for the exact friction of stars, (but sounds like the name of an indie band) it's too reminiscent of cotton candy. I did not see it as a vanilla fragrance at all. I must try Moschino Couture-- what notes does it contain?

Embarassed Sorry, I don't know how I missed your post!

I think you're right about the tuberose, I also suspect that gardenia is a BIG no-no for me as well. I still haven't tried the three other perfumes that I listed but I *really* hope that I do like exact friction of the stars - it's just such a lovely and unusual name for a perfume!

Moschino Couture has:
[top notes] bergamot, mandarin, pepper
[middle notes] poppy seeds, jasmine, pomegranate flower, peony
[base notes] benzoin, vanilla, cedar wood
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
vegas gal, I can't believe that you STILL have not gotten your order! But be glad that you didn't place an order in August as I heard they lost those orders!!! Shock

Mabsy,
Moschino Couture sounds lovely! Haven't smelled the ones you named.
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Oooh I just saw on Sephora's site that Fresh has this library of 15 fragrances in this nifty kit. I might have to add that to my Christmas list Very Happy .Oh and still no bpal Sad .
Mabsy

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:03 am      Reply with quote
vegas gal wrote:
Oh and still no bpal Sad .

Shock Have you emailed/called them to check what's going on?
Sweet Pea
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:35 am      Reply with quote
My favorite at the moment is the new Prada fragrance. I absolutely love it.[/i]
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |