Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your favourite perfumes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Favorites:
Ombre rose (JC Rousseau)
L'Air du temps (Nina Ricci)
Chanel # 5
Je reviens (Worth)
Mabsy

Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'm hoping someone here can help although I am not sure if any of you use People of the Labyrinth's Luctor et Emergo perfume.

I really *really* want to get the Luctor et Emergo Parfum - I decided the other day that this is definitely one of my favorites. It retails at US$160 and I am trying to find a place that has a code or carries it for less. I know that La Creme Beauty just had a 20% code that I could have used but I didn't realise till it was too late Sad Are there any other sources of PotL perfume that I am not aware of? I know of a few places online (LuckyScent, BeautyHabit, LaCreme, FirstInFragrance) but all of those are US$160 or above.

TIA Smile

Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I'm hoping someone here can help although I am not sure if any of you use People of the Labyrinth's Luctor et Emergo perfume.

I really *really* want to get the Luctor et Emergo Parfum - I decided the other day that this is definitely one of my favorites. It retails at US$160 and I am trying to find a place that has a code or carries it for less. I know that La Creme Beauty just had a 20% code that I could have used but I didn't realise till it was too late Sad Are there any other sources of PotL perfume that I am not aware of? I know of a few places online (LuckyScent, BeautyHabit, LaCreme, FirstInFragrance) but all of those are US$160 or above.

TIA Smile

Please ignore that - I just caved and bought it. It has been a very sad day for my credit card today....

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:23 am      Reply with quote
OH estee lauder pleasures, EXOTIC.
only see in duty free shops in airport in asia, apparently not out in retail till 3/4 of year

it smells of lychee, pink grapefruit, mango SIMPLY FANTASTIC
i spray some on my pillow to sleep at night WHOA!
bkurant
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Angel.
it seems to be one of the two i am not alergic to.

people always compliment me on its wonderful smell. guess it works with my body chemistry.

when they ask for a name, i tell them it was named after me Bad Grin
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
i really love Dolly Girl,by Anna Sui...
But the scent really doesnt fit to my personality,much too girly-girl Shock
so im searching for the ultimative parfume right now..
maryfrancis3
5% products discount

Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
I really love Chanel's Coco Madmoiselle. mmmmmmmm ....ooooo that reminds me I need more lol better go shopping!
Hugssssss
Mary xx Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I really like Philosphy's Pure Grace (I think that's the name!) and also Clinique's Happy...
DebL
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Have found a new favourite - to add to the collection!
Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

LOVE IT!!
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
i was in love with the body shop's "oceanus" perfume oil, and "moonflower", though not a big fan of their products.

clinique happy is also lovely.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Donna Karen Cashmere Mist Eau de Parfum spray is one I always seem to use most.

Current list of other favorites:

Vera Wang--Vera
Vera Wang--Sheer Veil
Chanel No. 5 Sensual Elixir
Chanel No. 22
Lolita Lempicka
Unargo--Apparition
Givenchy--Organza

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:14 am      Reply with quote
what do you guys think about body by victoria from Victorias Secret?
applepie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
miranets, I also used to like Body Shop's Oceanus and also Bath & Body Works Moonlight Path...fun to remember!
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy
chanel #5
chanel chance
chanel coco
gucci I
beautiful estee lauder
jenifer lopez - both
Arrow lassie 1234
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
theres tree of them,actually Laughing Wink
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Its light scents for me as I don't like my perfume to enter the room before I do Laughing I prefer simple florals, green notes and oceanics. I cannot tolerate heavy perfumes, I get headaches and nausea from them.

My favorites: Cristalle by Chanel, Eau de Kenzo, Parfum D'Ete also by Kenzo, The Vert by Roger & Gallet, Petite Cherie by Annick Goutal, 24 Faubourg Eau Delicat by Hermes, Eau de Cartier

Currently using: Grace by Philosophy (light, girly and sensual, this epitomizes femininity to me); Garden Mint by Bath and Body Works (the scent of spring with a touch of refreshing mint, great for summer spritzing but sadly Sad discontinued)

Languishing on a shelf: Joy by Jean Patou (given to me as a birthday present coz its my namesake), Eau Torride by Givenchy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

Quote:

Mabsy....how do you like this scent? I've been eyeing....or "noseing"...this for awhile. Still a fav? How is it's lasting power? Anyone else have feedback to share on this scent? I may just order the sample on Luckyscent.com.

Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Debra wrote:
Mabsy....how do you like this scent? I've been eyeing....or "noseing"...this for awhile. Still a fav? How is it's lasting power? Anyone else have feedback to share on this scent? I may just order the sample on Luckyscent.com.

I still love it. Mind you, since buying it I have only used it a few times. I am a compulsive perfume collector and keep finding new things to buy that I love Embarassed I'm about to buy P&L Exact Friction of the Stars just based on the description, I've never smelt it but it sounds lovely. Back to the POTL though, it *is* very nice and very unique. I've gotten compliments on it when I've worn it and it lasts a long time on me. I bought the EDP though, there is also the EDT version which I hear is not as good. Make sure you know which sample you got - the EDT or the EDP - although I think LuckyScent only carries the EDT. LaCreme carries both but are currently out of stock on the EDP (I bought their last one Bad Grin ).

To give you some background, I like vanilla based fragrances that lean towards gourmand rather than the "perfumey" type scents. I also like fragrances that are a bit spicy or insensey. Another one of my favorites that I think is similar in the dry down to the POTL is Ambra del Nepal by i Profumi di Firenze.

So, to give you a reference point, these are some of my current favorites on my shelf:

Diptyque Tam Dao
iPdF Madagascar (to mix with the above and the Timbuktu))
iPdF Ambra del Nepal
Susanne Lang Vanilla Coconut
L'Artisan Timbuktu
La Maison de la Vanille - Vanille Noire du Mexique
Regina Harris - Amber Vanilla Perfume Oil (sample only at this stage)
Des Filles a la Vanille - Garcon Manque

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've been eyeing all the Des Filles a la Vanille fragrances for quite some time, in particular "Vanille" because I'm a patch fan. I just can't find a patchouli fragrance that I'm satisfied with. I've also been contemplating Jalaine Patchouli (a perfume oil) which alot of people say is the best patchouli. Anyone used either of these?

-Cheri
Mabsy

Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:28 am      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
I just can't find a patchouli fragrance that I'm satisfied with. I've also been contemplating Jalaine Patchouli (a perfume oil) which alot of people say is the best patchouli. Anyone used either of these?

I haven't tried those, but have you tried Patchouli Patch by L'Artisan? I think it's one of their top selling perfumes.

Description - "The scent of the 60s gone stylish and sensuous...with notes of white musk, anise, and osmanthus...to lend a velvet softness to the patchouli spice."

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I have L'Artisan Patchouli Patch and like it, but I don't love it. It should be renamed "Patchouli Lite" because it just it seems to me to be just watered down patchouli, no other notes. I have a sample coming of L'Artisan's Voleur de Roses (patchouli, rose and plum).
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Quote:
I still love it. Mind you, since buying it I have only used it a few times. I am a compulsive perfume collector and keep finding new things to buy that I love I'm about to buy P&L Exact Friction of the Stars just based on the description, I've never smelt it but it sounds lovely. Back to the POTL though, it *is* very nice and very unique. I've gotten compliments on it when I've worn it and it lasts a long time on me. I bought the EDP though, there is also the EDT version which I hear is not as good. Make sure you know which sample you got - the EDT or the EDP - although I think LuckyScent only carries the EDT. LaCreme carries both but are currently out of stock on the EDP (I bought their last one ).

Just spotted this post...RATS! I'll keep searching for a sample or mini size of the EDP. I love the rich, spicy, non-sweet vanilla scents as well.

I tried something different when I recently came across a huge sale of Get Fresh items at a local boutique. I've never seen this product offered locally before and at 50% off, I could not resist purchasing several Blackberry Vanilla items: Salt Body Scrub, Sugar Body Polish, Soy and Algae Body Oil, Soy and Shea hand treatment, and a jar of body Butter. This is nice, for something different, and a little lighter. I do like the Blackberry Vanilla scent.

A couple of days later, I was at Bath and Body Works picking up a couple of items for my daughter, and decided to pick up the Black Raspberry Vanilla shower wash, body lotion and candle. As the Get Fresh Blackberry Vanilla scent, this one by B&BW is light and fresh, and it's lasting on me....just the scent from the bath and lotion products. The candle is wonderful....I'm going to pick up another one for my office in the city. Refreshing!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Laughing (just read Debras signature)...So,i finally decidet to buy Body by Victoria on Victorias secrets webside Very Happy
Mabsy

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:04 am      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
I have L'Artisan Patchouli Patch and like it, but I don't love it. It should be renamed "Patchouli Lite" because it just it seems to me to be just watered down patchouli, no other notes. I have a sample coming of L'Artisan's Voleur de Roses (patchouli, rose and plum).

Okey dokey - take two then, how about Un Bois Sépia by Serge Lutens, Patchouli by Lorenzo Villoresi (this is supposed to be a strong/dark patchouli fragrance) and Patchouli by Santa Maria Noella? I haven't tried these but thought I'd just throw some ideas your way... I'd be interested to hear what you thought of the Voleur de Roses - on me it dried down to rose notes only.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Voleur de Roses did the same with me -rose notes only. I haven't tried the other 3 you mentioned but will look into them.

Has anyone tried "Lovely" by Sarah Jessica Parker? I don't usually go for celebrity scents, but this one sounds interesting. From Hello! magazine: "The fragrance, which has been categorised as starting out sweet and floral and finishing on a spicy, patchouli note, is already a best seller in the US."
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |