Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your favourite perfumes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:47 am      Reply with quote
OK I was in saks the other day and walked by La Prairie, just checking out there products, I sprayed some of there cellular body parfume, OMG it smelled soooooooo good, i think i'm going to have to get it.. Shock
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
My ultimate fav is Caleche by Hermes - the body cream is to die for. Also Tiffany & Company. For everyday nothing beats Acca Kappa White Moss. It doesn't come in a perfume but by the time that you layer the lotion & eau d'cologne spray you feel fresh and pretty all over. It's difficult to find (only two actual stores in North America) but it is stellar for all body products. The bonus there is that not just everyone has the same scent as you!
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Oh, at the moment (it's getting autumny up here in northern Norway) I LOVE Burberry Brit, definitely sth. for the ones who love vanilla, almond etc-scents.
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:23 am      Reply with quote
I love Ghost and for evenings out Coco Chanel. But I must say I never remeber to spray in the morning!!
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
For years, I wore Opium; loved that spicey scent.

Now my fave is Initial by Boucheron. mmmmmm

JUDY

Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:22 am      Reply with quote
I've got Opium EDT (the summer version). This is a much lighter version of the classic yet still nice and spicy Smile

I can't wait to smell the new Alexander McQueen (a ltd lighter edition of his Kingdom fragrance) and also the Narciso Rodriguez which is FINALLY going to be released in Australia on September 17th. I've heard so many good things about it and I have been wanting to smell it for months. Australia is so behind with cosmetic/perfume releases Not talking

Mabsy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:49 am      Reply with quote
has anyone smelled 'trouble' by Boucheron? I accidently came accross it whilst browsing the marcus neiman site and fell in love with the bottle Rolling Eyes

when it comes to the uk I wanna get it, but it would be nice if I was sure I liked it first! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:11 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
has anyone smelled 'trouble' by Boucheron? I accidently came accross it whilst browsing the marcus neiman site and fell in love with the bottle Rolling Eyes

when it comes to the uk I wanna get it, but it would be nice if I was sure I liked it first! Laughing

When I bought Initial by Boucheron, the girl gave me several samples. I haven't used any of them, but I'll go dig them out and see if one is trouble and give you a critique. Cool
JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhh you're a star!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:42 am      Reply with quote
If you know how L'Instant by Guerlain smells like, you get an idea of how Trouble smells like. At first I loved it, then I thought to myself: "THis really reminds me of another perfume which I have..." And after a while, I could identify it as L'Instant. A pity, because I really liked the bottle. But two almost identical perfumes would be OTT, even for me. Laughing
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
mmmm may be able to get a whiff of the guerlane next time I go to the piddling to medium sized city! is it kinds musky? my faves are boudoir, magie noire and accenti, which are all pretty amber based I reckon
Liz xx
congrats on your win btw...wotcha gonna buy? Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I actually have no ideas about what to buy Embarassed My skin is behaving very well these days, and I just bought myself the Multivitamin capsules from Dermalogica.

L'Instant is pretty sweet; I would say a vanilla-ey floral. It lasts all day!
mds830
5% products discount

Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:43 am      Reply with quote
FRACAS by Robert Piguet. I really LOVE it! It is very light.
Mabsy

Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:24 am      Reply with quote
For ages I wanted to try Fracas and finally caved and ordered a sample of it online. It ended up being one of "those" perfumes for me that give me an incredible headache. The same thing happens to me with Angel and also Versace Jeans Couture (the yellow one) and I think Marc Jacobs as well.

Oh well, at least I know it's not for me. I wonder what it is in it that makes me ill though.

Three other perfumes on my "to try" list:

Aftelier Cacao
To Twirl All Girly (by Pilar&Lucy)
The Exact Friction of the Stars (same)

Just love those names!

Mabsy
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:30 am      Reply with quote
littlebo wrote:
I love Ghost and for evenings out Coco Chanel. But I must say I never remeber to spray in the morning!!

You have the same taste as me...Ghost and Coco are so nice, and people always ask me what I have on when I wear them... As for spraying in the morning, I go through Boots every morning and spray on my Ghost and every lunchtime!! Even the security guard says good morning to me now!!! Saves on my perfume! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I alternate between a few but my all time fav is Gio by Giorgio when we can no longer buy here in Canada Sad . I even searched for it last year on vacation but it appears to have maybe vanished even in the US.

Alternating between the following six right now:
Clinique Happy
Tommy Girl
Polo sport for women
Alfred Sung Shi
Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise
Ralph Lauren (blue bottle can't think of the name) might simply be Ralph not sure duh.

Sherri
mds830
5% products discount

Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:04 am      Reply with quote
The perfume line of Lady Primrose has the most beautiful bottles. I did test the hand lotion. After receiving lots of it for Christmas, I discovered the body lotion makes me itch. Sad Sad I still have the "pretty bottles."
VegasGirl
5% products discount

Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I used to love a perfume called "Maroc" but it was discontinued a few years ago. Last Christmas my husband tracked it down via Internet and had it delivered to his office so that he could hide it from me until he was ready to wrap it. Turns out the bottle broke during shipping and when he received it at the office, the box was drenched with the perfume and it quickly permeated his entire office. Needless to say, all of his co-workers hate Maroc now and my husband can't bear for me to wear it either since they all had to smell it for 3 weeks straight. Ha!!

Anyway, I just bought "Lemon Sugar" by Fresh and LOVE it. It starts off smelling like lemon drops candy and then later on it smells like faint caramel/vanilla. Sounds funky, I know, but I love it! I originally heard about it in Allure I think.

I also just bought Jessica Simpson's "Dessert" perfume in "Juicy" flavor but was really disappointed to see that the smell only lasts about 15 minutes (no joke, the salesgirl even warned me but I'm hardheaded) but at least it tastes good! Laughing
5% products discount

Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:29 am      Reply with quote
my all time fav -

1.issey miyake pour homme
(who says women cant wear men's perfume?!)
2.l'eau par kenzo
3.gucci envy
4.calvin klein eternity
Mabsy

Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:00 am      Reply with quote
I just found (and bought) my newest perfume love.... Moschino Couture! It's so warm and gorgeous! Love it!

The other new addition to my perfume collection is CDG Rhubarb. I never thought I'd buy any fragrance that smells like rhubarb but this is really nice. I thank (or blame) Thoughtcrime for putting me onto this Angel
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Seems a lot of people round here have an in-depth knowledge of fragrance as well as skincare products!

Daytime - Happy by Clinique, Gucci Envy, Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden (not all at once though Smile )
Evening - Boss Woman by Hugo Boss, XS Pour Elle by Paco Rabanne

Anybody tried Benefit's 'Maybe Baby'? I was wondering what fragrance family it belonged to.
Holly
5% products discount

Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I think my favorite would have to be....

The new one by Gi=ucci (pink bottle)
Vanilla oil Body Shop

Strawberry oil Body shop

Clean Ultimate CLEAN
Holly
5% products discount

Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
For ages I wanted to try Fracas and finally caved and ordered a sample of it online. It ended up being one of "those" perfumes for me that give me an incredible headache. The same thing happens to me with Angel and also Versace Jeans Couture (the yellow one) and I think Marc Jacobs as well.

Oh well, at least I know it's not for me. I wonder what it is in it that makes me ill though.

Three other perfumes on my "to try" list:

Aftelier Cacao
To Twirl All Girly (by Pilar&Lucy)
The Exact Friction of the Stars (same)

Just love those names!

Mabsy

I'm the same way with Angel, ny hubby loves it but it gives me a HUGE headache and makes me sneeze uncontrolably LOL.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
-ralph + glamorous (both from ralph lauren)
-The original by jean paul gaultier
-Green tea from elizabeth arden

There's others, but I can't remember. I'm so bad with names
Strawberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:24 am      Reply with quote
I have a lot of favorites, since i love perfumes. My very current favorite is Burberry's Brit, its smell i find to be kinda warm, sexy, impulsive and wintry. In summer i love the light, and fresh floral smell of Issey Miyake and Alferd Sung's soft, floral, feminine, smell called Shi.

ps: which smells u guys found to last the longest on you?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |