Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your favourite perfumes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought Gucci II yesterday, after wearing Clinique Happy Heart for years.

Does anyone else have a problem with having opposite smell tastes from their significant other? My bf is totally in love with Prada, but I could never wear it. I also don't like his cologne (Joop) and am currently trying to get him to switch. Laughing He never liked the Clinique, either... but he kinda likes the Gucci. He says he gives it a 6.5, Prada is a 10, and Clinique was a .7 Rolling Eyes
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
cloud_9 wrote:
Does anyone else have a problem with having opposite smell tastes from their significant other? My bf is totally in love with Prada, but I could never wear it. I also don't like his cologne (Joop) and am currently trying to get him to switch. Laughing He never liked the Clinique, either... but he kinda likes the Gucci. He says he gives it a 6.5, Prada is a 10, and Clinique was a .7 Rolling Eyes

Yes, absolutely! We did some perfume shopping the other day and it quickly became obvious that he likes the sweet smells while I prefer the vanilla/spice ones. I ended up buying 2 - Lancome Hypnose, which he loves and so do I, and Chanel Coco Mlle, which I like a lot more than him. Smile I will also be getting Givenchy at some point because we both loved it but I didn`t want to go overboard.

I have a whole bunch of samples coming so may add a few others but will keep in mind his taste.

5% products discount

Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I love Joe Malone perfumes, especially Orange Blossom - its exotic, but not too sweet. My other favourites are Burberry London and Angel.
I'm looking for something "minty" now, any suggestions?
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Minty.........ebba Miss Marisa (minty,fruity)
guerlain Herba Fresca

I'd smelled the herba fresca on a tester card and thought..gross, smells like grass

Later, a sales lady rec. this....so I sprayed it on me and wore it around....after awhile I thought..I really like this...it's green and mint...I even mix the 2
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Any suggestions for something that smells very fresh and not too strong? I use to use Clinique Happy and Grace by Philosophy. I bought another bottle of Grace recently (after I finished my last bottle a year ago) and it seems to smell really strong now, even with the same amount of application. I don't seem to like it as much as before. Any suggestions for a 'fresh' perfume that has a light scent?
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
For fresh I like Lolia Breathe. It's light and I've read an array of celebrities use this for some reason....
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:11 am      Reply with quote
I think it is spelled with 2 l's..Lollia

It was on one of Oprah's favorite things shows if I remember correctly....this scent is peony and white lily...
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:48 am      Reply with quote
sweet28 wrote:
Any suggestions for something that smells very fresh and not too strong? I use to use Clinique Happy and Grace by Philosophy. I bought another bottle of Grace recently (after I finished my last bottle a year ago) and it seems to smell really strong now, even with the same amount of application. I don't seem to like it as much as before. Any suggestions for a 'fresh' perfume that has a light scent?

try kai roll on perfume oil - it's really green and fresh.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I don't wear perfume very often, but Serge Lutens Un Lys is my favorite for special occasions.
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Babymax and Sark. Smile Some good suggestions here I need to check out. Where is a good place to buy Lollia? I loooove peonies (my favorite flower). Smile
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Oooops, forgot to mention I'm in Vancouver, Canada. I don't really know a good place to go perfume shopping if I want something a bit more unique compared to stuff I find at the malls.
ladyblue22000

Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:51 am      Reply with quote
My Favorites:
Dreams by Mary Kay
Halo By Victorias Secret
I prefer very subtle scents and I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of alot of the posted favs above Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I love Perry Ellis.
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
sweet28..I know beautyhabit.com sells the whole line, you can try the lotion first to see if you like the scent...
pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Sweet28, if it's handy for you, try going to The Perfume Shoppe at 757 West Hastings (Granville and Hastings) in the Sinclair Centre. The owner is a lovely woman; she's always happy to see me and encourages me to sample to my heart's content, whether I buy or not. She has also special ordered for me on a few occasions.

Hope you enjoy!
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:33 am      Reply with quote
pinky1 wrote:
Sweet28, if it's handy for you, try going to The Perfume Shoppe at 757 West Hastings (Granville and Hastings) in the Sinclair Centre. The owner is a lovely woman; she's always happy to see me and encourages me to sample to my heart's content, whether I buy or not. She has also special ordered for me on a few occasions.

Hope you enjoy!

I was just in the downtown area shopping today! Laughing Thanks for the info. I would've never thought of going to the Sinclair Centre to purchase perfumes.

Cheers,
Sweet Very Happy
mazinga
5% products discount

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
i love head over the hills by ultima II. They have discontinued this perfume. Does anybody know of perfume that has similar scent to head over the hills? I like fresh light fruity scent
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Love in white by Creed
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I also love Gucci Envy me.
lulumylovely
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
My husband just brought home Diamond Water by JAR it is really wonderful.
Firthy

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I have so many, i couldn't choose. but whenever i wear ETERNITY everyone coments on how nice i smell, so this one must suit my skin. Smile
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is IO by La Perla.

Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
i like dkny's be delicious. The perfume bottle is shaped like an apple! I found it while shopping at the sephora at disneyland. Smile
Alix
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Miss Sixty - I love this one the best!!
Clinique Happy
Chanel Chance
ColaDrink
5% products discount

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:37 am      Reply with quote
I love all the green scent perfumes ... like EA Green Tea. I also love Clinique Happy fresh but simple. ^____^
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |