Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your favourite perfumes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
In the summer I like Comme des Garcons "Peppermint" from the Sherbet line.
Refreshing and light!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:19 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Has anyone tried any of the perfumes from Les Parfums De Rosine such as La Rose de Rosine, Poussiere de Rose or Diabolo Rose. I love the scent of roses and just wondered if any of these have a hint of roses in them. I can't find anywhere where I can get samples of them.

Anything floral smells dreadful and soapy on me, but the Rosine fragrances smell absolutely delicious, like Turkish Delight, on one of my friends.

Les Senteurs in the UK have a sample scheme, and I do believe that they also ship internationally: http://shop.lessenteurs.com/index.html?6irvPHhPND1ZbheLrHjOaDxZ2ZWH9x2P2OEaeHHCWYU=
pomme_81
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:34 am      Reply with quote
i like Chanel mademoiselle for the moment.
jenniferlow

Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
My fav

CK Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone suggest a scent that just smells *clean* and not flowery or sweet?

It's always so warm here in Florida, most scents are too overpowering... I'd love something just light and really clean smelling.

My favs during my trips up to NY + NJ are:

CK Be
Opium
Il Bacio

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Kassy!
There is a line called "CLEAN" that might be what you are looking for....Sephora.com sells it. There are different versions of it - with or without herbal, flowery, soapy or Mediterranean influences.

Or here's one that smells like vanilla + orange: Citrus Dream by Jalaine. Luckyscent.com has it and you can get samples of everything there for about $3 -5.00 each.

Hope you find just the right thing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info fawnie!

I just read all the reviews at sephora.com and narrowed it down to 4 I think I'd like..

There's a Sephora 2 miles from my house, so I'll check them out tomorrow.. The 'Fresh Laundry' + 'Warm Cotton' sound like a good start.. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Currently I'm loving Diamonds by Armani as well as White Linen by Estee Lauder Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:29 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Or here's one that smells like vanilla + orange: Citrus Dream by Jalaine. Luckyscent.com has it and you can get samples of everything there for about $3 -5.00 each.

That sounds wonderful. Have you used the Citrus Dream, fawnie, and if so can you describe it?
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:41 am      Reply with quote
L'eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake is the most wonderful fragrance I've used. It smells really fresh and floral. I really can't describe the fragrance because I can't pick out individual characteristics but here's the description

"pure floral with musky and woody tones. A very complex fragrance, the perfume is made up of a wide range of floral scents including lotus, cyclamen, freesia, carnations, and white lilies, with hints of amberseed and musk."

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi riley, Citrus Dream by Jalaine is actually described by Luckyscent as clementine, grapefruit and musk. But I get: orange and vanilla.....? It is TDF but a bottle of 6ml of oil costs $150USD.

Another luscious one is Dulcis in Fundo by Profumum. It is more a heady vanilla with a juicy orange note. Alas, it's a pricey one too....$250USD or so for 100ml I believe. You can get samples @ luckyscent.com, but I warn you....one sniff and you're hooked. These are so different from the department store scents that everyone wears....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, Fawnie. They sound heavenly to me! I'll check that site out. Hope I can get samples of the ones you listed!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Sure riley! And just let me know if you want to split a bottle! I think Citrus Dreams is my favorite.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I'll let you know! I definitely will try to get samples first, though!
Kat ~<3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:55 am      Reply with quote
Liz Claiborn Sport
Calvin Klein Euphoria
Michael Kors

5% products discount

Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Channel NO.5, the man I loved give it to me . And it becomes my favorite.
LindseyLS1
5% products discount

Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I am obsessing over Tom Ford Black Orchid. Its perfect for winter. Also, love love love Dior Addict (the original, not the #2).
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Hey Kassy!
There is a line called "CLEAN" that might be what you are looking for....Sephora.com sells it.

Hope you find just the right thing!

Lovin the Warm Cotton! Smells just like warm clean towels right out of the dryer, just as the name implies....YUMMY!

Thanks again!

simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie...how long would you say the sample will last?

the international shipping is expensive for full size products !

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
simran, Oh you can order several samples, 1 ml each @ luckyscent. They can last a month each if you use once a day in small doses, or less if you are like me and are lavish with it. If you live near Italy, maybe you could get it directly from Rome:

My favorite: Dulcis in Fundo by profumum. Interestingly, the name is Italian for "the sweetness in the end", or slang for "the ladyparts". Isn't that delicious. I love a good twisty joke!

HE: "mmmmmmmmm...what's that you're wearing?"
SHE: "V@^%!na!"
HE: "O RLY?"

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Beyond paradise by Estee Lauder
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Chanel, Chanel, Chanel
cora-lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Hello everybody,

This is my first ever post on here (EDM forum). It's an excellent research source on skincare (and even healthcare, i noticed). So - thank you EDM, and thank you, guys, for your many helpful posts!

I chose to respond here to start with, because i'm a (reformed?) perfume addict Smile

So - my favourites, at the moment, are:

L'Artisan Parfumeur Tubereuse
- wonderful, buttery, stays close to the skin
(I love L'Artisan, and i have many more favourites with them, Mure et Musc Extreme is only one)

Penhaligon's Violetta
- beautiful, true violet, not too sweet

Montale Black Aoud
- strangely addictive, dark, bitter rose, very strong

These have been most used this autumn/winter.

In case you have a high interest in perfume, check out makeupalley, they have a board dedicated to that (and many reviews).
Banh
5% products discount

Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I love Anna Sui's Dolly Girl ! And Issey Miyake !!
leileieve
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I love Guerlain instant!!!!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |