Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara (Very Black)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
This mascara is for definition and length, NOT for volume building, and that's what I am looking for.

Green tube with the "patented lash silhouetting wand" (similar to Cover Girl's Lash Exact and Max Factor's Lash Perfection). I tried CG Lash Exact before and Maybelline's wand is more flexible and feels more gentle during application which is a great plus point. The bristle is irregular in length throughout but the center has shorter bristles (like an infinity shape).

The formulation is more wet than other drugstore mascaras (IMO at least) and therefore is buildable. I have a few odd lashes growing in weird directions, it clumped abit as I tried to get to those lashes. I used tweezerman lash comb to separate the lashes and it flaked a bit. Guess need to work fast before it dries. Lashes are not as stiff compared to other drugstore brands.

It does define and lengthen my lashes a bit but NO WOW factor. Lancome Defincils provides more definition and length and Dr Hauschka mascara is more natural looking but less volume when compared this. While I like Lancome and Dr H better, they are at $20+ a pop compared to this at $6+. It's worth a try if definition and length is what you are looking for. If you are looking for va-va-vroom volume, this is not it. By the way, I like this better than CG Lash Exact.

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
great review thanks,
for some odd reason, anything mabeline I just can't wear, my sister swears by their mascara, but on me I end up with stubby lashes, and trust me thats not easy, I have naturally longish lashes!
birki

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
have yet to try this mascara but Maybelline Great Lash was my HG b4 they had to d/c it in my country Sad
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I have the Max Factor Lash Perfection. Haven't tried the Maybelline Define-A-Lash or Cover Girl Lash Exact.

I've been wearing Revlon Lash Fantasy or Maybelline XXL volume & length. Think I prefer the Revlon but forgot I already have another Maybelline I bought in addition to the one I'm using right now.

Still haven't found my HG mascara. I think Maybelline's Lash by Lash was it. Why, oh, why did they discontinue this??? (it is top-rated atwww.epinions.com so it wasn't only me that liked it) and Dial-A-Lash. They both had a scrape off design when you pulled the wand out of the bottle so mascara didn't clump / build up on the wand.

http://www.epinions.com/beat-Makeup-Eyes-Maybelline_Lash_by_Lash_Washable_Mascara/display_~reviews

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I like this one for defining and lengthening. If I want more va-va-voom, I put a layer or two of L'Oreal's Voluminous (waterproof--a tiny bit less clumpy than the normal one and holds a curl better) on top. Define-a-Lash and Volume Exact by CoverGirl are probably my favorites out of all these mascaras with the new-fangled plastic/rubber brushes

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this mascara too. I liked it, but I think that I like the Cover Girl Lash Exact a little better. I am a little undecided about the very flexible brush. I don't think I have as good control. I do love the packaging! Love the metalic green!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the thorough review. When I'm in the market for a new mascara, I'll have to check this one out. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |