Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any UKers watch Horizon about Skincare?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondered if anyone watched this?
Here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/broadband/tx/beautyparlour/

Found it interesting that the 3 biggest skin enemies were: sun damage, Pollution and Smoking.
Also the rigorous testing that sunscreen has to undergo AND that the Nivea Vitamin C cream beat a skincream that cost over £100 in testing!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:43 am      Reply with quote
I thought it was really interesting but wish there could be a part two as there's so much more to investigate. I could watch a whole series Laughing

I was also impressed that the cheaper cream performed better in the tests. That's great isn't it.

What most interested me was the cream that performed comparably to tretonoin but they wouldn't tell you what cream Sad

Boots came out rather well whereas the high end department stores came out looking like con merchants Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Did they recommend what they considered to be the most effective sunscreen, rosebud?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:49 am      Reply with quote
I recorded it, gonna watch it when I'm alone!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Awww - I missed this!!! Do you think they'll repeat it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:57 am      Reply with quote
I recorded it too, will watch when hubby is not around to comment on my expensive skincare tastes Laughing .
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Majorb I was hoping to find this out but the program seemed like a taster, like rebelgirl I wanted a part 2.
The Prof stated that all sunscreens had to undergo testing so there was scientific evidence that they worked and that was it !!
I guess it was comforting to know but it left you hungry to know more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Aw, that was a bit rotten of them! A bit like, "Yeah, we know which ones are the best - but we're not going to tell YOU! Ner!" Laughing
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I watched it and think it was Boots No 7 cream that she was comparing to tretinoin. Don't know which one but I'm sure that's the one we got a glimpse of. Maybe when Fifi watches it again she may be able to see. Unless of course, that was just to throw us off the track!
rebelgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Lillilulu Smile I remember getting the glimpse but forgot which cream it was Rolling Eyes Still it would have been nice if they had gone further into it. Like what ingredient is rivalling tretinoin. I imagine it's some kind of vitamin A derivative.

It was a shame that they couldn't be more frank about particular products or at least ingredients.

lillilulu wrote:
I watched it and think it was Boots No 7 cream that she was comparing to tretinoin. Don't know which one but I'm sure that's the one we got a glimpse of. Maybe when Fifi watches it again she may be able to see. Unless of course, that was just to throw us off the track!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:27 am      Reply with quote
I watched it last night - it seemed to be one of the Boots no 7 products that had a similar effect to tretinoin on the skin in their tests - I think it was called "protect and perfect":
http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/product_details_brand_treatment.jsp?productid=1057525&classificationid=1031594

I quite enjoyed this programme actually, although it wasn't particularly in-depth. I guess it was targeted more as a general entertainment piece. I wouldn't much fancy putting my face under those lights though, I shudder to think what my melanin and haemoglobin maps would look like - I'd be in shock for a month Shock !
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I found out what the Boots No 7 product is:

*Boots No. 7 Protect & Perfect Beauty Serum was the product featured on the BBC documentary, the dematological tests which showed the serum actually repairing damaged skin.

Also I don't know if anyone remembers one of the British Newspapers did a blind consumer test on anti-aging creams, Boots Botanics Face Renewal cream beat Creme De La Mer and Sisley.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I shop in Boots all the time, but I've never used any of the No 7 skincare products. Might have to go and check them out now!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't watch it on purpose because the last skincare programme annoyed me so much.

Did they say it made you similarly sun sensitive or if it was as irritating as tretinoin? Just wondering.
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I think it just said that it produced almost as good results as tretinoin. I heard on TV this morning, that due to excessive demand, all the Boots stores had sold out of this cream, and was taking orders for the next batch!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |