Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

REN skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:07 am      Reply with quote
What are your opinions on ren skincare. I have ordered a sample pack to try.
I would like to know what your opinions of the following products are:
Rose Centifolia facial wash
Jojoba microbead purifying facial scrub
multi mineral detox mask
F10 Enzymatic skin smoothing mask
Jiaogulan cell energising facial mask
Rose complex moisturiser
Frankincense and boswellia night cream

Thanks Very Happy
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I haven't tried any of those, I'm afraid.

Although I love the bath products, I've only ever used one of the facial items - the Omega 3 Serum. That was lovely on my dry skin. It didn't give a dramatic effect, but made my skin feel and look nice and smooth, with a bit of a glow.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
i have the jojoba scrub and quite like it - definitely not harsh, not drying. i haven't used it long enough yet to tell about reduced blackheads, but it hasn't appeared to make the problem worse Smile
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hiya

I did a review of several REN products a while ago - http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16658&highlight=ren

I thought they were very average, good formulation but their effect was not worth the associated price tag.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I also thought the products that I sampled/tried were fairly average & quite pricey. Although some people think the products are amazing, so I guess it varies with everyone. Smile
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
it varies with everyone.

totally agree!
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Well my kit turned up this morning and can't wait to try everything. I have tried the rose face wash. I did not get much lather with this but i didn't use much as it is only a sample size and i want to be able to use it more than once. It had a lovely smell though and did not make my skin oily or dry.
I then used the rose moisturiser. This again has a lovely smell. The texture seemed a little thicker then what i normally use so i warmed it between my hands first. A little went quite a long way. It took longer then my normal moisturiser to sink in but it has left my skin very soft, with a matte effect and a slight glow to it. So far i am impressed. I will try the frankincense cream tonight and maybe the omega serum but i don't know whether i am supposed to use the serum before the cream or after. Will have to try and find out from the website.
I will let you know what i think to these products.
Thanks for your opinions Very Happy
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I made the mistake of buying the full size Rose face wash without trying a sample. I thought it smelled nice, and felt very good on my skin (I have problems with cleansers drying out my skin), but it made me break out very badly after a couple of weeks - really I'd never broken out that badly before.

I still continued to use it for a little while after that, thinking perhaps that my breakout was due to something else, but it was definitely the cleanser.

My brother also had a similar problem. He started using it when he noticed it sitting unused on the bathroom counter, and he also really liked it at first because it softened his skin and made shaving easier for him. My brother normally has absolutely perfect skin (much nicer than mine Rolling Eyes), small pores, even texture, no zits, etc, but a couple weeks later, he also had huge zits all over his face! I remember my mom asking him what he was doing different - he was like "I don't know" - that's when I asked him if he was using my REN cleanser. The zits went away pretty quickly for both of us after we stopped using the cleanser, though.

Anyway, that's just a warning to be careful with it! For me, it was a big waste of money. Oh, and the Rose Cleanser does not lather much at all - even if you use a lot.
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Ok I used the omega serum and the frankincense cream last night and this morning my skin looks horrible. My pores seem bigger and my skin looks dry and almost wrinkly which is not good especially since i am 19. I really thought that this range would suit me. I am still tempted to try the masks but cannot get them in sample sizes and don't want to spend 40 pounds if they give the same results as the other products. I am still not to sure what i think of the rose moisturiser as i have only used it once will have to try it again.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:38 am      Reply with quote
wickawer wrote:
What are your opinions on ren skincare. I have ordered a sample pack to try.
I would like to know what your opinions of the following products are:
Rose Centifolia facial wash
Jojoba microbead purifying facial scrub
multi mineral detox mask
F10 Enzymatic skin smoothing mask
Jiaogulan cell energising facial mask
Rose complex moisturiser
Frankincense and boswellia night cream

Thanks Very Happy

Have tried the Rose facial wash, Jojoba facial scrub, mineral detox mask, rose moisturiser and the Frankincense night cream. Love all their products and would recommend them.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I saw that they have bought out some new products.

Revivo-lift H11 Intensive Night Serum

Phyto-Dynamic Instant Lifting Facial Gel

Revivo-lift Radiant Day Cream

The descriptions all sound really nice and interesting too. Though I've never been that impressed with any of the Ren Facial Products in the past, except for the Frankinsence Night Cream, although it started to make me break out on my second tube.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:00 am      Reply with quote
wickawer wrote:
Ok I used the omega serum and the frankincense cream last night and this morning my skin looks horrible. My pores seem bigger and my skin looks dry and almost wrinkly which is not good especially since i am 19. I really thought that this range would suit me. I am still tempted to try the masks but cannot get them in sample sizes and don't want to spend 40 pounds if they give the same results as the other products. I am still not to sure what i think of the rose moisturiser as i have only used it once will have to try it again.

I had the same problems with the omega serum, which was the one product I really wanted to try seeing as it was so popular at the time and I read in so many magazines that a lot celebs use it & love it! But instead my skin looked horrible Mad Btw have you tried Dr Hauschka's masks? I find them to be very good especially if you are after natural skincare.
Smile
joseibi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I am using the Rose face wash and Rose complex moisturizer. I absolutely love the smell! The face wash is not meant to be a foam type cleanser, more like a gel, and is very gentle on my skin. The moisturizer is a bit think, took me almost 30 pumps to get the product out the first time; however, so far, it's the ONLy moisturizer that lasts all night on my dehydrated skin. When I wake up my skin is smooth, supple and moist, not oily.

I am not acne prone, have no acne and I love REN products because they don't contain any petroleum-based ingredients, silicones, PEGs, artificial fragrances, etc. However, even though the Rose line is for 'normal' skin, I believe it could be a little too emollient for people with oily skin. You only use a very small amount and it goes a long way. I love the concept and the smell of this line and will continue to purchase!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I just read this thread and now I wonder if I should try this line or not....I love what I have, but after reading that the omega oil is good on the net, I had to search here for reviews.

Does anyone have any updates on this line?
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
i've used the cleanser and it's nothing special..the body cream is not bad though; it smells good but for the same price, there are probably many other choices (i.e. l'occitane, vichy...)
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Omega oil - when I use it I wake up with glowing skin. I also love the Seaweed and Sage shower gel - I use it just about every day, not as impressed with the body lotions. The Guerande Salt Exfoliating Body Balm is excellent. The Monoi rinse and Monoi oil are great. I haven't tried any of the cleansers or moisturizers. I have tried the Jiaogulan Revitalising Facial Mask which didn't impress me when I washed it off, but the day after I used it my skin looked great. I have a sample of the Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask that I got from Sephora but I haven't used it yet.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:16 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
I love the Omega oil - when I use it I wake up with glowing skin. I also love the Seaweed and Sage shower gel - I use it just about every day, not as impressed with the body lotions. The Guerande Salt Exfoliating Body Balm is excellent. The Monoi rinse and Monoi oil are great. I haven't tried any of the cleansers or moisturizers. I have tried the Jiaogulan Revitalising Facial Mask which didn't impress me when I washed it off, but the day after I used it my skin looked great. I have a sample of the Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask that I got from Sephora but I haven't used it yet.

When do you use the REN omega oil? At night or morning?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I use it at night, it really isn't meant to be used during the day.
Aphrodite6

Sat May 03, 2008 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Can oily skin use Ren Omega oil?
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I have tried a couple of REN products, and although they were OK, they were not worth the price. I quite liked the Calendula cleanser for sensitive skin and the Jojoba facial peeling, but didn't care for the Frankincence and Boswellia Cerrata night cream, which made me sneeze until I washed it off. It was also way too light for my dry skin. Neutral

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Aphrodite6 wrote:

I believe those with oily skin could use the Omega oil with no problem.
Aphrodite6

Sat May 03, 2008 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Aphrodite6 wrote:

I believe those with oily skin could use the Omega oil with no problem.

========================================

Oh great! Thanks for your reply. Smile
senesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
It is a ave. brand and the price tag is reasonable in UK.

I like their body products.
shmily.huo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I want to buy Rose Centifolia facial wash.
My friends said it's really really good.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |