Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Would forum members be so kind to let us (me) know your experience with CP's? Pros and cons would be helpful. I am about to start CP's at the lowest formula. My main concern right now is my eye area and lower neck. My face is starting to show the first signs of lack of elasticity. If CP's can hold off any sagging for a few more years I will be delighted.

I can remember several members talking about the "uglies." Does everyone experience uglies? If so, can this be avoided and how long does it last?

Vit. C is a big part of my skin care routine. I was thinking of using the CP's at night and Vit. C in the AM. From what I understand you can take Vit C internally while using CP's. Do EDS members currently using CP's also use Vit. C?

Any information you can share concerning CP's would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie,

When it comes to the neck and the eyes, I would start off with the Super GHK Serum. It is milder and you won't be prone to the uglies as with the second generation cp's. I'd start out very slow and with any sign of irritation...stop use for a couple of days than restart again.
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I experienced the "uglies" once. It was the first time I upgraded to Super Cop after using Super CP Serum. I wanted to send it back but Dr. Pickart told me that I used too much too soon. He was right. Like Tex, I diluted it with other products (squalane or hylauronic). The 1st generation cp products are for people who can't tolerate his 2nd generation products. He has actually re-introduced his first version which is great for people with extremely sensitive skin. He will tell you himself that the 2nd generation produces superior results for age reversal. But for those who can't use the 2nd generation, some is better than none!

Taking 1,000 mg. of vitamin C daily in conjunction with ANY CP product is what improves skin elasticity so much. Both must be present.

FYI: Dr. Pickart was giving away one of his books with a purchase a while ago and still may be - not positive. It's a good book LOADED with information.

Nanci
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Nanci, for the people with sensitive skin, would it work for them to start out with the 1st generation and possibly work up to the 2nd generation?

Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Here's a current thread in the Product Reviews forum
Skinbiology Products
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21562&highlight=skinbio
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi Salli,

Not necessarily because I have sensitive skin myself. Everyone's skin is different and will react differently to products. Some people just can't use CP period! But if someone is reluctant, why not start with the weaker version?

Nanci
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Nanci.

Tex

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
okay. back to the question i had on the other thread.... for an eight-inch sugical incision on the arm, what is the best route to go regarding CP's? do you start as slow and as cautiously as on the face or can you be more aggressive?

the original sugery was in august, the second one (where they doubled-back on half of it) was in february, and i've got another one coming (though i'm not sure when). i realise this scar will never be invisible, i just want the skin to be as healthy as it can be.

thank you in advance.
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I sent you a PM. But I'll reiterate - Dr. Pickart's TRIReduction cream is meant for scars - so are Super Cop & Super Cop X2. I would buy his if I were you for that purpose because TriReduction is less expensive. And yes, I would certainly be more aggressive on my arms than on my face! Hope this helps. Nanci
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
okay. back to the question i had on the other thread.... for an eight-inch sugical incision on the arm, what is the best route to go regarding CP's? do you start as slow and as cautiously as on the face or can you be more aggressive?

the original sugery was in august, the second one (where they doubled-back on half of it) was in february, and i've got another one coming (though i'm not sure when). i realise this scar will never be invisible, i just want the skin to be as healthy as it can be.

thank you in advance.

I use TriReduction for my scars. It helps but it is a very slow process.
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
If you use it with an exfoliant, it will work faster. Nanci
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
NCN wrote:
If you use it with an exfoliant, it will work faster. Nanci

Yes, it depends on the exfoliant. I use it with one, but I can't use a higher percentage because of the sensitivity of my skin.
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Can I alternate the CP serum with Retin-A ? I have used retin-a, which I love, for the past few years. But now I also want to prevent sagging since I am in my mid 40's. Is this a good idea? Thanks!
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Absolutely - Dr.'s and estheticians use CP after chemical peels, microdermabrasions & laser treatments because of its anti-inflammatory and healing properties. CP also thickens the skin - as opposed to Retni-A which thins the skin so it's a VERY good idea to use it in conjunction with Retina-A. Let the tightening begin! I WISH I could use Retin-A! Nanci
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Nanci, thank you very much for your reply! Makes me feel like I am on the right course. Smile
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Anytime!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi, kids! NCN is right on. A lot of you know I use CPs (still mixing CP serum and Super CP serum 20/80 now) and I've always done exfoliation to speed up the process. I've retired the BHA/AHAs for now as they were much too drying and now, I do regular peels (TCA Complex from Perfect Complexion is mild but effective; I am attacking major cheek scars with a stronger %).

I've used TCA 20% along with Super Cop 2x on my body and it works well but I would caution it is only good for spot treatments (the acid is simply too strong). I would recommend a much milder exfoliant to assist with body scars (Lactid Acid, Glycolic etc. depending on tolerance). I have a lovely DDF Glycolic body lotion that is great for this. Super Cop 2x would definitely be my choice for dealing with body scars, though (be warned - it is very blue).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I'm planning to start using CPs soon too, Winnie. Although I do currently use the BND Cream on my chest area.

I'd really love for this to work.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I can remember several members talking about the "uglies." Does everyone experience uglies? If so, can this be avoided and how long does it last?

I thought it best to directly respond to your questions since that's what you asked! No, not everyone gets them. I think it is largely due to going to fast with CPs and the best way to avoid them is to take it slowly. I have only twice noticed sagging (another form of uglies) and that was when I got careless with Super Cop 2x during spot treating. It diminished immediately after I backed off. You need to watch your skin, though, so you can see when something new comes up. BTW, uglies refers to sagging or "new" wrinkles that are pushing their way up to then be disgarded. Here is a picture with two sets of comparison pics. The first is of the left side of my face about halfway into when I first started CPs with a second pic taken a few months back. Notice that the lines are quite significant - they did not look like this when I started (you can see this in the first pic of the second set) and then the outcome. The second two pics show before I started CPs and a very recent one - notice definite tightening on the forehead, jawline and neck; overall skin tone looks creamy, bright and has a natural glow now (no makeup in either pic though I am about 8 lbs. heavier in the 2nd). I do use the Quasar SP and regularly exfoliate but absolutely give credit to CPs for the improvement in tightening and assisting with skin tone (my Quasar and Vitamin C also help). The first set is an example of looking worse before it looks better:

Follow a dilution schedule as follows and begin with the weakest formula (CP Serum or the 1st gen products, if you are extremely sensitive or hesitant):

4 drops CP + 4 drops water - now
5 drops CP + 3 drops water - 2 weeks
6 drops CP + 2 drops water - 2 weeks
7 drops CP + 1 drop water - 2 weeks
8 drops CP

Vit. C is a big part of my skin care routine. I was thinking of using the CP's at night and Vit. C in the AM. From what I understand you can take Vit C internally while using CP's. Do EDS members currently using CP's also use Vit. C?

Yes, I agree strongly in the power of Vitamin C and use it in the AM only (you should not use CPs and Vitamin C together and their effects will be cancelled). This also works well, IMO, for the antioxidant benefits that Vit C provides. I also take it internally twice a day in a powdered form along with a few other supplements in a water juice mix.

Any information you can share concerning CP's would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
Winnie

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so very much scalawaggirl!!!! I can't begin to tell you how helpful you response was.

I will post how I do over the next few months.

Winnie
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
You are so very welcome, Winnie! I feel as though I've actually reversed the aging process. Smile As such, I love, love, love my copper peptides!

ETA: Be sure to take pictures even if it's just for your own benefit. I would never have been able to see the striking changes without them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Scally,

I have been mixing the CP serum with the liquid oat BGs (few drops of each in my hand)and applying every morning. My thinking is that the BGs will give an extra push in helping the CPs penetrate the dermis. What do you think?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Janna wrote:
Scally,

I have been mixing the CP serum with the liquid oat BGs (few drops of each in my hand)and applying every morning. My thinking is that the BGs will give an extra push in helping the CPs penetrate the dermis. What do you think?

Jannis, I personally wouldn't dilute CPs with anything other than water. I know that emu oil is known to push the CPs in, if applied over or, if under, will act as a buffer. With my oat beta glucans, I apply them first and then my Vitamin C as this is supposed to assist with efficacy (read it in a study someone posted on BGs). If mixing BGs (beta glucans), I think they work better along with things like HA, emu or other oil. I have mixed them with sea kelp and HA before. How about first applying your CPs and then putting your BGs over?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I personally think that it's fine to mix CP (especially the stronger versions when you're first starting out) with BG's, Emu Oil, Squalane (helps "push" other products into the skin), HA, your favorite moisturizer, aloe vera..... Dr. Pickart taught me that himself. And yes, good old water!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
NCN wrote:
Hi, I personally think that it's fine to mix CP (especially the stronger versions when you're first starting out) with BG's, Emu Oil, Squalane (helps "push" other products into the skin), HA, your favorite moisturizer, aloe vera..... Dr. Pickart taught me that himself. And yes, good old water!

That's my point, though. If you mix with something to push it into the skin, it can be too much. The one thing that seems to be prevalent is that people get discouraged due to reactions and I think they should take it slowly. Mixing with water is the only sure way to keep track of how much you're applying and what your skin is reacting to; I didn't mean to give the impression it would hurt anything as it's more a situation where you can end up overwhelming your skin.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |