Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kim Starup Jensen

Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I bought my copper peptide on-line from a company in China at 98% pure powder. 1 gram is 120 dollars. 1 gram makes 2 liters or 2000 ml
copper peptide solution at 0,05%. that saves you more than 2000 dollars.
Thanks, KSJ.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using CP Serum for 6 month now and I'm sorry to say I haven't noticed any improvements in fine lines or tightening. I now have the impression that it's giving me a peach fuzz and increased facial hair. I decided to stop using it.

I just bought AlphaDermaCE wich I like very much. It's too early to notice improvements but my skin absorbs well and plumps up a little.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't buy anything from China, anything goes there, low standards, lead poisoning etc.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
My homemade copper peptide solution works wonderfully, much better then bought solutions, even though I got the peptide powder from China & made the solution myself. Very Happy

5% products discount

Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, everyone -- I'm so pleased to have run across this forum and thread. I used to post at the Skin Care Board, but it seems to be pretty dead over there nowadays. And while I have read quite a few threads from the Skin Bio board, I have really never felt tempted to post there.

About 3 weeks ago, I launched on my second go-round with CPs. The first time around, I did manage to get some old scar tissue to purge ... but my skin just didn't like the serums. I was using Green Cream for acne at the time, and the combination made me unbearably dry and flaky. Something had to go ... and GC is my HG product, so the CPs went in the bin.

Fast forward to the present. Now I'm on low-dose Accutane for mild acne and folliculitis, so I'm on a break from GC for the duration of my course. I use Vivant mandelic to help fight the folliculitis (it's a potent antifungal) and I figured this was an ideal time to try CPs again.

My goal: to improve the mildly furrowed, slightly sagging skin on my chin and in the nasolabial area. There are a few shallow pits (acne scars) in this region that seem to be turning into wrinkles as I get older.

Here's my regimen (all mandelic products are Vivant):

AM: Mandelic cleanser and 9% mandelic toner. Treat damaged areas with 15% mandelic serum. Wait 30 minutes. Apply Vivant Spin Trap. Wait 5 minutes. Moisturize with Kiehl's Abyssine Lotion (spf 15).

PM: Mandelic cleanser. Treat damaged areas with SuperCop 2x. Wait a minute, then massage areas with emu oil. Apply Super GHK to neck and eye area. Wait 5 minutes. Moisturize with Kiehl's Abyssine Cream.

I had a very interesting case of "uglies" this weekend .... I've never seen anyone post anything similar. Basically, every little pit and furrow on my chin and around my mouth turned a reddish brown COPPER color. At first I thought it was redness from irritation, but I moisturized well and looked closely, and realized that it wasn't that at all -- just a localized discoloration. It really looked as if the damaged areas were absorbing copper in a way that the surrounding healthy tissue was not. (I don't know if that's what was actually happening, but that's how it looked.)

Anyway, I immediately stopped using mandelic and CPs and continued with the remainder of my regimen, moisturizing frequently. As of tonight, nearly all of the discoloration has flaked away. The skin underneath is pinkish, but not irritated -- and it is noticeably smoother. All those little lines are softer looking. And when I checked my profile with a hand mirror, I can see that the area looks firmer as well.

It's only been 3 weeks! I am thrilled. I plan to resume my routine in the morning.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Where can I buy a good Copper Peptide??? Any recommendation of Vitamin C. You said not a good idea to mix both of these???

scalawaggirl wrote:
Winnie wrote:
I can remember several members talking about the "uglies." Does everyone experience uglies? If so, can this be avoided and how long does it last?

I thought it best to directly respond to your questions since that's what you asked! No, not everyone gets them. I think it is largely due to going to fast with CPs and the best way to avoid them is to take it slowly. I have only twice noticed sagging (another form of uglies) and that was when I got careless with Super Cop 2x during spot treating. It diminished immediately after I backed off. You need to watch your skin, though, so you can see when something new comes up. BTW, uglies refers to sagging or "new" wrinkles that are pushing their way up to then be disgarded. Here is a picture with two sets of comparison pics. The first is of the left side of my face about halfway into when I first started CPs with a second pic taken a few months back. Notice that the lines are quite significant - they did not look like this when I started (you can see this in the first pic of the second set) and then the outcome. The second two pics show before I started CPs and a very recent one - notice definite tightening on the forehead, jawline and neck; overall skin tone looks creamy, bright and has a natural glow now (no makeup in either pic though I am about 8 lbs. heavier in the 2nd). I do use the Quasar SP and regularly exfoliate but absolutely give credit to CPs for the improvement in tightening and assisting with skin tone (my Quasar and Vitamin C also help). The first set is an example of looking worse before it looks better:

Follow a dilution schedule as follows and begin with the weakest formula (CP Serum or the 1st gen products, if you are extremely sensitive or hesitant):

4 drops CP + 4 drops water - now
5 drops CP + 3 drops water - 2 weeks
6 drops CP + 2 drops water - 2 weeks
7 drops CP + 1 drop water - 2 weeks
8 drops CP

Vit. C is a big part of my skin care routine. I was thinking of using the CP's at night and Vit. C in the AM. From what I understand you can take Vit C internally while using CP's. Do EDS members currently using CP's also use Vit. C?

Yes, I agree strongly in the power of Vitamin C and use it in the AM only (you should not use CPs and Vitamin C together and their effects will be cancelled). This also works well, IMO, for the antioxidant benefits that Vit C provides. I also take it internally twice a day in a powdered form along with a few other supplements in a water juice mix.

Any information you can share concerning CP's would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
Winnie
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:45 am      Reply with quote
How do you make a homemade copper peptide solution? What exactly are the benefits of using these???

Kim Starup Jensen wrote:
My homemade copper peptide solution works wonderfully, much better then bought solutions, even though I got the peptide powder from China & made the solution myself. Very Happy
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
my apologies if this has been addressed in another thread or earlier in this one (I didn't read every page).

I've been using Super CP Serum, P&Rw/Retinol, NCN's Daily 12% AHA and NCN's CP Accelerator for a couple months with great results on my neck and chest(skin tags disappearing!).

Lately however, my skin has been very itchy and seems to have developed some tiny white bumps. Actually, since I had so many skin tags, I'm not sure these aren't some that were more "under the surface.." I know that when I did Obagi, my skin got worse before it got better, as old acne scars were "brought up" to the surface.

Anyone else have this reaction or have any ideas?
emilyruth
5% products discount

Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Margot, I had the same problem when I used NCN's CP accelerator. As soon as I eliminated that from my very similar to yours routine, the itchiness and bumpiness started going away. I had emailed Nanci from NCN and that's what she had suggested that I do. HTH
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
thanks emilyruth! I wouldn't have thought the CP Accelerator would be the culprit. I was thinking the 12% AHA maybe. I will try eliminating or cutting down on this. Thank you!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi...I just wanted to pop in and say thanks to everyone for all the great info on this thread.

I have already found it to be very beneficial in helping me to identify an early case of the dreaded uglies around my eyes. Based on everyone's insight, I am taking a week or two off from CP's, and then starting back up with a lower dosage around my eyes (that means using my Skin Bio GHK Serum once a day instead of twice, and using lots of emu and squalane).

I originally started with the Neutrogena Visibly Firm Serum, and then ramped up to Skin Bio CP Serum. Interestingly, I seem to have no sensitivities on the rest of my face (other than my eyes) and can use Super Cop 2x once or twice a day with no tingling (though it did make me break out, sigh). My chest and neck are more sensitive, however - GHK for the chest and CP Serum for the neck. I am also using LacSal Serum once a day on my face, and Retin A .05% a couple of times a week.

I have only been using the SC2x and LacSal combo for 2 weeks, but I am already seeing a substantial reduction in some hyperpigmentation "stripes" along the sides of my face and jaw. WAAAY more impressive results than the Rx Tri-Luma results after consistent usage for 1 year, and 4 treatments of costly Fraxel that made me puff up like a giant lobster head.

The milia that were present under both of my eyes have been virtually eliminated as well. Now if I can just see some eventual jawline/eyelid firming, I will be thrilled!

A question for everyone - Do you have a preferred provider for the Skin Biology CP products?

I was purchasing from Skin Bio directly, but have decided that I would prefer to buy elsewhere when possible. I just placed an order from DianaYvonne, and would appreciate feedback on any other resellers.

Thanks so much!

Beth
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Beth -
I've purchased my Skinbio products (as well as a bunch of other stuff) from Diana Yvonne as well as NCN Pro Skincare. I've been routinely ordering from DY for over a year now, and placed one order from NCN.

I've received excellent customer service from both sites! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Nadjazz, Thanks for the reply!

The service does appear to be pretty darn awesome from Traci at DY, and I got my order in a couple of days. Skin Bio is hit or miss on email replies, customer service is so-so, and my last order took 14 full days to arrive.

I will say that the products are fresher when you buy directly from Skin Biology - the production date was 6 motnhs newer. But since they last for years, I suppose I would rather have the great customer service.

I may have to try NCN - they have some liquid MMU that looks appealing!

The only bad news right now for me is that I am DEFINITELY going through the under eye uglies, even though I am only using GHK. Sad

Should I completely stop using CPs until they (hopefully) disappear, or just power through and continue with the CPs? HELP!!

I am most interested in RESULTS, so I am willing to do whatever the experts recommend!
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I took this directly from Dr. Pickart's website on how to "Rest the Skin" and when to do it:
"If you notice any temporary increase in loose skin, especially around the eye area, or any puffiness - effectively rest the skin by using only a biological healing oil such as Emu Oil-S Lipid Replenisher, Squalane or a light DMAE serum (the DMAE - dimethylaminoethanol is an antioxidant membrane stabilizer, and helps to tighten the area and usually is based in a biological oil as well).
Many use 5% DMAE to help with any loose skin or dark circles or bags especially around the eye area. It can be used every other day as an alternate with CP Night Eyes Premiere. From time to time it may be a good idea to rest the skin with a biological oil and then slowly use a SRCP (skin remodeling copper peptide) product. Be assured though that any temporary looseness will not be permanent."
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:22 am      Reply with quote
I haven't been following this thread for awhile, but I have to ask if anyone know if Kate Somerville K8 is the same thing?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks NCN. I never had the uglies (well not from CP's Laughing ). I'm currently using Super cop on my face and use 2X on certain areas. You definitely need to work up to this. And I also back off from time to time - a night or two every two weeks.

Bethany - I have ordered from Skin Bio but the last time it took FOREVER to get the products. They do have a wonderful selection.

I prefer to order from NCN.
If you do order there - by all means - include her PUMPKIN MASK. It is awesome and has terrific reviews.
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:20 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Thanks NCN. I never had the uglies (well not from CP's Laughing ). I'm currently using Super cop on my face and use 2X on certain areas. You definitely need to work up to this. And I also back off from time to time - a night or two every two weeks.

Bethany - I have ordered from Skin Bio but the last time it took FOREVER to get the products. They do have a wonderful selection.

I prefer to order from NCN.
If you do order there - by all means - include her PUMPKIN MASK. It is awesome and has terrific reviews.

Thank YOU sister sweets!! I've never experienced the "uglies" either - according to Dr. Pickart, 1% of CP users experience it. I'm just glad it's temporary!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies - I definitely appreciate the help.

I just got the SB DMAE serum, and am also cutting down on the frequency of CP usage around my eyes...everything else seems to be just fine, however. Good thing I didn't use anything stronger than the GHK stuff! Smile

And I certainly have read all the rave reviews about the Pumpkin Mask - it sounds like it is a "must have" item! (Heading to NCN right now...)

One thing I thought I would add about the SRCP's...the skin on the perimeter of my face is dry, but I could butter toast with the oil off my nose and the rest of my T-zone every morning. However, the SRCP's have seemed to decrease the T-zone oil production dramatically, and I am THRILLED about that! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
For those that are using copper peptides on their scalp (including Folligen), you may want to read the thread I started about Folligen and the bad reaction with my hair color (which means I am now sporting a different haircolor than usual) Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I have read that copper peptites are also excellent for aging skin. They work better on deeper wrinkles.

Jan Marini has some excellent products containing this ingredient, Jan Marini Skin Research Age Intervention Face Serum. My friend uses this and her wrinkles have improved dramatically.

Neova also carry many products focusing on copper peptides

You can find further information from the following link.

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/copper.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
saz07 wrote:
I have read that copper peptites are also excellent for aging skin. They work better on deeper wrinkles.

Jan Marini has some excellent products containing this ingredient, Jan Marini Skin Research Age Intervention Face Serum. My friend uses this and her wrinkles have improved dramatically.

Neova also carry many products focusing on copper peptides

You can find further information from the following link.

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/copper.html

I don't know if Jan Marini has the copper peptides or GHK that Dr. P invented in their product, but Neova, Nuetrogena, Procyte, & Osmotics are a few of the co's that use the GHK technology in their products. GHK is the 1st generation CP and the ones SkinBio sells are the 2nd gen which are stronger than the first. (& also less sensitive to exfoliatives)

There are a lot of diff kinds of peptides out there that don't have the studies and papers backing up the claims. Skin Bio & the GHK CPs do. (Esp the GHK ones). These are the real things - these would be the best ones to try.

See this page for info on resellers of the Skin Bio CPs and who else uses the GHK technology.

http://skinbiology.com/resellers.html

(scroll down for co's that use the GHK techn'ly)

Personally, I have bought quite a bit of the diff CPs from Skin Bio since they've had a special running the last few months - buy $50 and get a free product. My first freebie was the Super GHK which I used on my eyes (awesome product for there since the eyes are so sensitive). It was worth around $39 - so a great deal! I've moved up to the stronger CPs since.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I remember reading this thread MONTHS ago - I'm sure it's what got me to buy the CPs. I should post my results here.

I've been using CPs for almost 4 mos now. I am very impressed w/ my progress with them. I have gone onto stronger CPs - and have seen both good results and a few uglies (from moving too fast w/ them).

FYI - I wanted to improve the elasticity of my skin - esp the areas above my eyes and near my N/Ls. I also wanted to get rid of some bands on my neck and tighten up the 'turkey neck' I was starting to see. I also have crow's feet and 11's (but I use Botox for that). And, since I have very oily/acne prone skin w/ clogged pores, I had hopped to see some improvement there.

My results so far - the eyes are the bomb! Neck is looking great. Face is firming up too! Stronger CPs and my chest don't agree tho (sensitive chest)

I had almost gone out for consults for upper blephs and can now hold off on that. I have moved up to Premier NIght Eyes from GHK serum. The GHK did a great job and might have continued to do so - I just thought I'd try a stronger CP for them. I did experience some uglies switching over and needed to back off of the Night Eyes a little until my eyes got use to it. I'm still applying lightly at this point, but no more uglies and the firmness has returned -even firmer than B4. The crepyness is almost gone. My eyes were my worst area and are looking so good - whoo hoo!!

On the neck. I do see less of those bands that were showing up the last few years. And the look of the skin in my magnifying mirror shows the pores tightening up. There's less of a crepyness to it. Turkey neck is tighter too - but still there. I know the CPs are a slow process so patience is needed here.

My face has improved in other areas than I was expecting. For one - using CPs in conjunction w/ retinoids helps to calm the irritation you can get from them. I use Tazorac and could only use it occasionally due to the redness and flakiness. W/ the CPs, that redness and flakiness is gone and I can get the full benefit of the Taz. I also use a BHA and w/ both of these helping to remove old cells and the CPs helping to repair the skin - my skin is looking so much better. Another improvement is tighter/smaller pores, and fewer clogged pores. I also see the N/L lines firming up-less of a 'jowl'. I had considered fillers for that area but can hold off of that for a while. Overall - the texture is much improved.

I have moved up from CP Serum to Super CP serum and am tolerating it well. But, I also started to spot treat w/ Super Cop 2X cream and have had some breakouts (possibly from that, but I also switched my retinoid to Retin A Micro) recently. I attribute the blemishes to the SC2X and backed off of it a bit. It was dumb to introduce 2 things at the same time - now I don't know what caused the pimples. The blemishes might also be purging going on - so who knows??? I do know that I have the fewest amount of clogged pores than I've ever had for the last decade or so.

I also use Trireduction on my feet and Nail Renewal on my fingernails w/ great success there too. I have seriously dry skin on both and w/ damaged nail beds and the CPs are changing the texture and moisture of them. I do need to use an exfoliant on my feet along w/ a pumice stone and then the TriReduction. The cracks and fissures are gone and the thickness of the skin is thinning (it had gotten very thick and calloused). My nail beds were damaged from psoraisis as a child and I always had trouble growing them out. The Nail Renewal has helped there (I also use the TriR on them from time to time.)

These CPs are strong stuff. Best to start out on the lowest level and work your way up slowly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I want to add that I plan on using a roller w/ my CPs (as soon as it comes in). I've been reading about some ppl who use both and the results sound impressive.

I may be too impatient to just use the CPs alone (even tho they've been doing a great job!)

I do have some upper lip lines that I think the roller will work just great on (w/ the CPs)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
But, I also started to spot treat w/ Super Cop 2X cream and have had some breakouts (possibly from that, but I also switched my retinoid to Retin A Micro) recently. I attribute the blemishes to the SC2X and backed off of it a bit. It was dumb to introduce 2 things at the same time - now I don't know what caused the pimples. The blemishes might also be purging going on - so who knows???

Foxe,

The SC2X definitely caused me to break out...they appeared only where I was using it, so it was pretty clear it was the cause. But they weren't bad enough to discontinue using it! Very Happy

John on the SB forum was also VERY vocal about it causing problems for him. However, mine were not bad at all...just a few little pimples here and there.

5% products discount

Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Just a stupid question: what kind of uglies do you mean? Question I read several threads in this forum about CP and can´t figure it out. Greyish skin tone?

I´d like to give it a go with the PSF Copper Peptide Serum. What kind of negative effects can I expect?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |